PDA

View Full Version : Potential Canadian federal election fraud

Rainbow Dash
February 27th, 2012, 12:12 PM
LP6KpuPqrvw

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/02/27/pol-robocalls-house-back.html

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised. The Conservatives were found in contempt of parliament for tactics of lying to the house, I refuse to fucking believe that these clowns could actually have gotten a legitimate majority government after that.

Amit
February 27th, 2012, 02:02 PM
This is the same shit I've been saying for nearly a year. I know people who have been misdirected to locations other than their designated voting areas by "Liberal" and "NDP" representatives. Bullshit. They were Conservative Party goons. They were singled out because they are known to have voted either Liberal or NDP for 15+ years and have not budged. They are also quite old people and were easily persuaded to go to someplace they weren't supposed to be. By the time they got back home, polling was closed. Scumdicks. Hell, even legitimate Conservative MPs are confounded by this undemocratic nonsense.

thehoodedsmack
February 27th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Blame Canada!

Will be following closely.

TVTyrant
February 27th, 2012, 03:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOzG7bBylRo

Twas requested.

Rainbow Dash
February 28th, 2012, 09:03 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/02/28/pol-robocalls-guelph-pierre-poutine.html

A telephone number used to place automated calls directing voters to the wrong polling station in Guelph, Ont., in the last federal election was registered to a "Pierre Poutine" of Separatist Street, Joliette, Que., court documents reveal.

Cortexian
February 29th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Has it not crosses peoples mind that maybe it was just Conservatives supporters doing this? It's dirty and terrible but seriously, it wasn't necessarily actual Conservative staff.

Also, it's not like the Conservatives won the election by the scrape of their teeth. Even if all of those votes got through I doubt it would of made a difference in the election.

Rainbow Dash
February 29th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Has it not crosses peoples mind that maybe it was just Conservatives supporters doing this? It's dirty and terrible but seriously, it wasn't necessarily actual Conservative staff.

Huh? Yes it has, and no one here is assigning blame to anyone, since no one has actual proof yet?

Also, it's not like the Conservatives won the election by the scrape of their teeth. Even if all of those votes got through I doubt it would of made a difference in the election.

I'm sorry, what? First off they have a majority of 13 seats, second the phone calls have been reported in over forty ridings.

NkHnAOj1r3o

Rainbow Dash
February 29th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Yet more ridings reporting fraudulent phone calls.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/02/29/pol-robocalls-wed-riding-wrap.html

Amit
February 29th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I highly doubt such widespread misdirection was caused by conservative loving fanatics. Even if that were the case, a new election should be called to get the true representation of who Canadians want running this country.

TVTyrant
February 29th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Silly Canadians, cheating is for candidates in countries that matter. couldn't help it lol

Cortexian
March 1st, 2012, 06:23 PM
Yes, there have been reports in over 40 ridings. Mostly single reports from each riding with 10+ with multiple reports, from what I've read.

Either way, we're talking about a handful of votes that probably didn't swing the vote much if at all.

CN3089
March 1st, 2012, 07:21 PM
yeah dude it's cool the conservative party tries to rig elections, as long as they're bad at it

Cortexian
March 1st, 2012, 10:16 PM
yeah dude it's cool the conservative party tries to rig elections, as long as they're bad at it
Good theory, except for the part where it might not of even been Conservative staff.

thehoodedsmack
March 1st, 2012, 10:22 PM
But just to be clear, would you say that any PC staff found to have been involved should be thrown out of office?

Rainbow Dash
March 1st, 2012, 10:27 PM
Or better yet, if the conservative party was behind it at high levels, would you still want them in power?

Also wow, so no one knows what happened, liberals are blaming conservatives, and conservatives are blaming the liberals, before either of them have any proof?

Come the fuck on

TVTyrant
March 1st, 2012, 10:35 PM
Or better yet, if the conservative party was behind it at high levels, would you still want them in power?

Also wow, so no one knows what happened, liberals are blaming conservatives, and conservatives are blaming the liberals, before either of them have any proof?

Come the fuck on
Yeah!

What is this!?

America!?

Rainbow Dash
March 1st, 2012, 10:37 PM
It's getting there, hopefully our country has less tolerance for bullshit though before rioting :]

CN3089
March 1st, 2012, 10:48 PM
But just to be clear, would you say that any PC staff found to have been involved should be thrown out of office?

the (federal) PC party is long dead :(

It's getting there, hopefully our country has less tolerance for bullshit though before rioting :]

fucking choking 'nuks!! get rid of luongo!!! *torches cars*

Rainbow Dash
March 2nd, 2012, 12:41 PM
Yes, there have been reports in over 40 ridings. Mostly single reports from each riding with 10+ with multiple reports, from what I've read.

Either way, we're talking about a handful of votes that probably didn't swing the vote much if at all.

Really?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/03/02/pol-robocalls-elections-canada-confirms.html

:]

Nero
March 2nd, 2012, 01:02 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/02/28/pol-robocalls-guelph-pierre-poutine.html

Hah, I'm from Guelph! haha...

Bodzilla
March 2nd, 2012, 04:23 PM
how do they know who votes for what in canada?

rossmum
March 2nd, 2012, 05:05 PM
the conservatives are bad but nobody else really likes guns, which shits me off no end. actually from what i recall, clamping down on guns was officially part of the liberals' and ndp's platforms a few years ago, but since then they've both wised up and taken it out (although i wouldn't be surprised if they still want to do it). god dammit politics blows

why do people think that to be anything other than a conservative you have to hate guns

TVTyrant
March 2nd, 2012, 05:22 PM
why do people think that to be anything other than a conservative you have to hate guns
This is so true.

Amit
March 3rd, 2012, 01:19 PM
Where did guns come into this discussion?

TVTyrant
March 3rd, 2012, 03:12 PM
Where did guns come into this discussion?
Guns should be involved in every discussion :smug:

CN3089
March 3rd, 2012, 05:12 PM
gunhavers get out

Cortexian
March 3rd, 2012, 10:01 PM
Really?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/03/02/pol-robocalls-elections-canada-confirms.html

:]
And out of that 31,000 how many people do you think were ACTUALLY fooled? This isn't the first time this has happened. That number is the number of total reported incident reports, not the amount of retards.

Also, the only party that gives a shit about the well-being and equipment of our glorious Canadian Forces is the Conservatives.

Rainbow Dash
March 3rd, 2012, 10:29 PM
And out of that 31,000 how many people do you think were ACTUALLY fooled? This isn't the first time this has happened. That number is the number of total reported incident reports, not the amount of retards.

The distinct lack of concern you have over the fact that (probably well over) 31,000 voter suppressing phone calls went out because most people probably weren't tricked by them, is kinda disturbing.

Also, the only party that gives a shit about the well-being and equipment of our glorious Canadian Forces is the Conservatives.

Cool? Another reason they're a colossal failure of a political party? The only use soldiers have is to be legal killers. There is no reason for them to exist. If the Conservatives had any fucking sense they would retrain all our soldiers to become problem solvers, capable of building bridges in the gaps that cause wars in the first place.

Amit
March 4th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Alright, let's not bring more war and soldiers and guns into this because we all know we're gonna end up back on a debate about how shitty a decision it was for the government to buy the most retarded expensive jets ever not-finished being built.

Cortexian, what you need to realize is that there is more to our country than outfitting our armed forces with the latest equipment. Yes it absolutely sucks that they have to use old shit equipment sometimes, but if we are too fucking poor to afford better shit, THEN WE ARE TOO POOR TO AFFORD IT. We'll have to do without.

Nobody is going to invade us anyways *crosses fingers* so the Conservatives need to focus on the real issues that plague this Country or GTFO. That goes for all parties, but especially the Tories since all they seem to have been doing for the past 6 years is fucking up society.

Cortexian
March 4th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Yes lets not defend our country from the near-weekly incursions by Russian forces in the North.

They obviously just want to play hide and seek and there's nothing to be worried about!

Thank god we're getting some F-35's.

Cortexian, what you need to realize is that there is more to our country than outfitting our armed forces with the latest equipment. Yes it absolutely sucks that they have to use old shit equipment sometimes, but if we are too fucking poor to afford better shit, THEN WE ARE TOO POOR TO AFFORD IT. We'll have to do without.

Conservatives also have the best available plans out of all the other major parties for pretty much everything I care about. Contrary to the fucktard naive concept on this forum that all I care about are guns and the military when it comes to a political party.

Isn't that how elections work? To people vote for the parties promising to do things to improve the things they care about?

Conservative supremacy. They are the lesser of all available evils. All the other parties would rather ban or outlaw things that they can't deal with, instead of actually (to quote Sel) problem solve and come up with an actual solution. Gun control is the best example that's getting the most press so I'll use that as an example.

Rainbow Dash
March 4th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Conservative supremacy. They are the lesser of all available evils. All the other parties would rather ban or outlaw things that they can't deal with, instead of actually (to quote Sel) problem solve and come up with an actual solution.

Meanwhile the conservatives juts build more prisons and lock away anything they can't deal with, instead of actually (to quote myself) problem solve and come up with an actual solution :]

CN3089
March 4th, 2012, 05:11 PM
But they like guns, Rainbow Dash! And I like guns too! Guns are the most important things in my life, my only friends...

Bodzilla
March 5th, 2012, 12:15 AM
But they like guns, Rainbow Dash! And I like guns too! Guns are the most important things in my life, my only friends...
more of this please.

Rainbow Dash
March 8th, 2012, 06:13 PM
A Conservative MP backed away from supporting an NDP motion to give Elections Canada more investigative powers as the NDP tightened the motion so it would apply to previous federal elections, including the 2011 vote at the centre of controversy over fraudulent robocalls and possible dirty tricks.

oh yeah we support more power for elections canada, but as long as they don't get to investigate the election in question! -conservatives

Amit
March 9th, 2012, 12:31 PM
It's just one guy, but I'm sure most of the CPC mirror's his views.

Cortexian
March 9th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Also, just to clarify my position on CPC vs Other Parties when it comes to military stuff... If it was up to NDP/Liberals we would never have gone to Afghanistan since we would never of had CADPAT, new tanks, new tactical gear (clothing/vests/pouches/helmets/you know, gear), or even the upgrades to our small arms like the upgrades from the C7 to the C7A3. Not to mention the new pistol requisition going on right now to replace our (literally) rusting stock of BHP's. Our Forces would still be running around in OD gear with a rifle resembling the Vietnam M16 if it were up to the Liberals and NDP.

I just can't approve of an organization that would care so little for its highest risk employees.

Sure the CPC has some initiatives that are worse than the other parties, but I'd rather suffer those and make sure our small military is well cared for. It's not like we're talking about refitting the entirety of the USA military here. The costs the CPC have dumped into the Forces are actually fairly insignificant, or they were before the F-35 order went in. :ohdear:

Anyway, let them appoint a committee to discuss a problem to fix an election problem in the past, then assign some investigators to possibly find some inconclusive results and waste a bunch of money. I see this going nowhere and as butthurt losing parties trying to slander the winners to help their next campaigns.

Oh politics, how convoluted and distasteful you have become. HAVE U NO HONOR?!

=sw=warlord
March 9th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Right...So as long as the military get's the good shit everything else can go to hell?
Sounds like a good plan :downs:

Rainbow Dash
March 9th, 2012, 03:23 PM
If it was up to NDP/Liberals we would never have gone to Afghanistan

Well considering Afghanistan has been a colossal failure so far...

Cortexian
March 9th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Well considering Afghanistan has been a colossal failure so far...
By the US standards, sure.

By the Canadian standards? Not at all, we were there for humanitarian reasons. Armed personal and vehicles were essential for security.

Amit
March 9th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Canada has been a helping hand to world for many decades now, but maybe it's time to cut back a bit and sort out our own issues. The Conservatives aren't some super evil group of people. The refreshment of the Canadian Forces is a good thing. I encourage it. However, they really need to rethink the decision about the F-35's. Along with many other things Those jets alone add a huge chunk onto the ever growing federal debt ($551 Billion).

It may take some money to higher investigators for Elections Canada and all the rest of it, but if no conclusive evidence is found of fraudulent behaviour then the Conservatives have basically put that doubt to rest and it should be counted as money well spent for them. It may be money well spent or not to others, but the Conservative Party has never given a rat's ass about what other people think of their spending. It probably wouldn't cost that much to do it up compared to some of the other shit the government has wasted (and I mean wasted) money on.