PDA

View Full Version : No Lead

`Abias
May 13th, 2007, 08:52 PM
So I have heard that unlike hpc h2v will not have a lead. anyone hear this?

JDMFSeanP
May 13th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Halo 2 in general has more bullet and cross hair magnetism in it, so as much lead is not necessary, though I can't speak for anything with all the lag online has.

`Abias
May 13th, 2007, 08:58 PM
From what I have read. There is no lead and only players using a controller will have the aim assist.

JDMFSeanP
May 13th, 2007, 09:07 PM
How do you have no lead with zero aim assist?

MissnL1nK
May 13th, 2007, 09:31 PM
I believe hes comparing it to the HaloPC netcode which had a ton of lead and a horrible netcode to boot.

Stealth
May 13th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Aim assist and lead is too different things, Aim assist if I remember right is built into the weapon tags them selves, and lead is just that little helping hand for the gamepad controllers.

Con
May 13th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Aim assist and lead is too different things, Aim assist if I remember right is built into the weapon tags them selves, and lead is just that little helping hand for the gamepad controllers.

http://www.h2ek.com/wiki/index.php?title=Lead

TheGhost
May 13th, 2007, 11:16 PM
I doubt that the netcode will be "56k friendly" so we shouldn't have to worry about lead like we did with HaloPC. That being said, for any tiny lead or peculiarities, we'll have to wait until the 22nd to find out.

Patrickssj6
May 13th, 2007, 11:54 PM
By the time you click your left mouse button and the electricity circuit closes lag already occurs.These things add up.It's impossible to have no lag at all.

H2V will have improvements.

Teroh
May 14th, 2007, 12:48 AM
By the time you click your left mouse button and the electricity circuit closes lag already occurs.These things add up.It's impossible to have no lag at all.

H2V will have improvements.
You know what we mean when we say lag.

SnaFuBAR
May 14th, 2007, 01:06 AM
:cough: latency :cough: no lead my ass. extremely marginal lead, maybe.

Teroh
May 14th, 2007, 02:05 AM
:cough: latency :cough: no lead my ass. extremely marginal lead, maybe.
Like CS:S style lag, I hope.

Corgy
May 14th, 2007, 02:14 AM
There is NO REASON why it shouldn't use an IMPROVED version of Halo 2 Xbox's netcode, which is pretty damn good, with no/little lead.

Patrickssj6
May 14th, 2007, 09:24 AM
You know what we mean when we say lag.
Well obviously you know what I mean otherwise you couldn't correct me.Sorry if I don't know all the fitting English words out of my head.

Yes latency.....:mad:

xExus
May 14th, 2007, 10:07 AM
This might sound a little bit nooby but since I don't have played Halo PC... What do you guys mean with lead?

Con
May 14th, 2007, 10:28 AM
http://www.h2ek.com/wiki/index.php?title=Lead

^

xExus
May 14th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Thanks.. so if your not the host and you plays on a lets say 100 ping server and some guy is running to the left in front of you. To hit him (or find the lead, eh?) you have to aim little more to the left. Am I correct?

Amit
May 14th, 2007, 02:11 PM
I believe so.

Limited
May 14th, 2007, 02:52 PM
As long as its betteer than the shitty lead I have to do in halo pc.

I have to lead 1 to 2 inches infront to hit the player.

Patrickssj6
May 14th, 2007, 03:11 PM
I have to lead 1 to 2 inches infront to hit the player.
lol that's the most inaccurate information you have given in a long time

Do the math!

1 to 2 inches from where?While you stand in front of him or 2 miles away? :XD:

I still <3

But yeah H2V better not have fancy package sending just because MS wanted it so.

Limited
May 14th, 2007, 03:13 PM
You can hit people 2 miles away? Weird...

I mean close combat and Pistol range....

Patrickssj6
May 14th, 2007, 06:53 PM
You can hit people 2 miles away? Weird...

I mean close combat and Pistol range....
Stupid Rabbit!

Still inaccurate:p

ExAm
May 14th, 2007, 08:55 PM
How do you have no lead with zero aim assist?1337, non-gearbox netcode. That's how.

TheGhost
May 14th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Thanks.. so if your not the host and you plays on a lets say 100 ping server and some guy is running to the left in front of you. To hit him (or find the lead, eh?) you have to aim little more to the left. Am I correct?

That's exactly correct.

Some argue that it adds more realism and skill, but because of the fact that it seems to vary from server to server and who you're playing against, it doesn't do any good at all.

Zeph
May 14th, 2007, 09:09 PM
1337, non-gearbox netcode. That's how.
Actually gearbox netcode is better than gearbox under MS contract netcode.

ExAm
May 14th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Well, that's what I meant.

MissnL1nK
May 15th, 2007, 12:05 AM
No gearbox is just crap altogether. Ruin one of the best mp games to come out for pc, no respect for them.

Mr Buckshot
May 15th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Gearbox did have good games with smooth MP (HL Opposing Force, Brothers in Arms). With Halo PC, they were under a strict time limit. Halo Xbox did not support online play, so Gearbox had to rewrite the network code from scratch, and they kind of emulated system link over the internet. Making true online support for Halo 1 would require a revamp of the engine itself, and by the time that happened, Halo 2 would have released.

Dude, all multiplayer games will require some lead unless every player is using a T1 connection. Lag depends on internet speed more than on the game itself. Now, in Halo 2, there is some autoaim (actually, a lot of it) so the bullets will home in on targets, thus reducing the need to lead.

stunt_man
May 15th, 2007, 12:53 PM
This is ridiculous.

Have any of you ever played Halo on Xbox Live?

No leading.

Halo: Combat Evolved wasn't designed for online play, while Halo 2 was.

MissnL1nK
May 15th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I was about to say, there was no leading at all in Halo for XBox. Make all the excuses you want, they fucked up.

SnaFuBAR
May 15th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Actually, GBX had good netcode til M$ came along and decided to make it even better shit it up.

HMReaper
May 15th, 2007, 01:08 PM
This is ridiculous.

Have any of you ever played Halo on Xbox Live?

No leading.

Halo: Combat Evolved wasn't designed for online play, while Halo 2 was.

Yes there was lead. but they managed to keep it to a minimum. anyone that has some experiance on live knows that many times you hit someone square in the face and they dont die.

And becides Halo pc was trying to make it so 56k people could play. cus if you remember Halo pc came out during a time when Online gaming wasent even 1/3 as popular as it is now and good highspeed was still over $50

Patrickssj6
May 15th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I was about to say, there was no leading at all in Halo for XBox. Make all the excuses you want, they fucked up.
There is always a little bit of leading....

Cortexian
May 15th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Halo for Xbox was not Xbox live enabled, so your right, there was no lead or lag, because if you were playing at all, it was LAN. If you have to lead on LAN, your network needs a lot of fixing.

Now if your talking about Halo 2 on xbox live, yes there was a little bit of leading involved, you should try it, it's how the good players play, although, you don't need to lead as much, only like, a cm (screen-wise) ahead.

ExAm
May 15th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Shut your face and listen. Halo Xbox was played only over sytem link, which is why there was no lag. LAN is almost infinitely fast. Internet is not. Halo 2's netcode was done by Bungie, and that is why it is much more robust. Now, what I have read is, when Gearbox did the netcode for Halo PC, they, as has been said, were under a strict deadline. They did, in fact, have a good netcode build, until Microsoft specified that they had to build in a new feature, 56k compatibility, as the game was nearing completion. They had to rebuild the netcode from scratch. They simply did not have the time to make good netcode in the space they had. Microsoft is the one who fucked up, not Gearbox. It's impossiblet to make good netcode in that amount of time.

Amit
May 15th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Excellent post and well explained.

stunt_man
May 15th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Excellent post and well explained.

Yes.

Mr Buckshot
May 16th, 2007, 01:46 AM
Yes, in the relatively short time frame they had, Gearbox actually didn't do a bad job with coding online play for Halo PC. If Halo had been designed for the PC the whole time, I'm sure the netcode would've been better.

And LIVE wasn't available in the first half of 2001, so Halo and any Xbox game released then could not have online play.

H2V will of course feature improved netcode, given how the pricing of good connections has fallen, and how similar LIVE is to PC internet. If you want to have no lead at all in any online game, get a T1 connection or higher and host the server yourself, while making sure everyone else has a super connection.

Come on, even the Half-Life 1 version of Counter-Strike had leading problems back on those primitive Internet days.

xExus
May 18th, 2007, 03:05 AM
Um, yeah.. but the pistol isn't the most accurate long-range weapon you know..

soccerbummer1104
May 18th, 2007, 09:25 AM
jsut for reference
bad internet-56k
good= dsl=still slow
great=what i got (cable)- 5 mb/sec
lan=awesome. most is at 200 mb sec, but we have adjustable 400-1000 mb sec lan. in other words. lan kicks ass, and well, there will be minimal lead, but none that the user can even tell, the lag will just be composed of the response time of your mouse, monitor, ram, and how long it takes your video card and processor to process the information sent to it.

rec0
May 18th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Excuse me, but unless you're using hitscan weapons ala Quake, there's always leading at a long enough distance. Try pistoling someone from across blood gulch in Halo xbox, you have to shoot in front of them some.They're talking specifically about leading for network latency.

rec0
May 18th, 2007, 10:45 AM
He was saying you didn't have to lead for network latency.

Edit: To clarify, I'm just telling you what he was trying to say, as you were responding as if he was saying you never have to lead at all.

Crest
May 18th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Even that's not necessarily true, on Xbox lan there is a tiny amount of lead >.>

He's right. Most Lan connections of Xbox's hit about 5-10ms.

There is a need to Lead in some instances. But generally it's not necessary.

`Abias
May 19th, 2007, 09:38 AM
I pearsonaly hope you gata still aim with a lead. The ability to adjust aim for the lead is what seperates the boys from the man.

Crest
May 19th, 2007, 10:57 AM
I pearsonaly hope you gata still aim with a lead. The ability to adjust aim for the lead is what seperates the boys from the man.
It's also what makes HPC extremely unpopular.

I'd like to be able to play it for a long time.

ExAm
May 19th, 2007, 11:01 AM
jsut for reference
bad internet-56k
good= dsl=still slow
great=what i got (cable)- 5 mb/sec
lan=awesome. most is at 200 mb sec, but we have adjustable 400-1000 mb sec lan. in other words. lan kicks ass, and well, there will be minimal lead, but none that the user can even tell, the lag will just be composed of the response time of your mouse, monitor, ram, and how long it takes your video card and processor to process the information sent to it.Cable sucks. It has an even lower upload rate than DSL. I have a DSL connection that's 2 megs up and down, and that's plenty for me.

InnerGoat
May 19th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Ping is what matters. Unless you're hosting, then you want pings AND a big upload.