PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Vista -monitor

supersniper
April 15th, 2012, 11:58 PM
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830487

Does anyone know how to use the -monitor command parameter because I want to put halo 2 vista on full screen on my TV but I don't want to make it my primary monitor because I'd like to use my laptop at the same time.

I've tried right alt + enter, and right alt + right arrow key in game and that didn't work.

I've tried like -monitor a,b -monitor 0,1 -monitor 1,2 but no dice either.

Does anyone know how this works? I'd call microsoft but I highly doubt they'd know because this game is like 5 years old already.

EDIT:
Just read the readme that came with the game to see if there was any info and to my surprise there was

G. Advanced Run Modes
Advanced run modes have been included to allow users to modify their game presentation.

-windowed—Switch for users who want to run in windowed mode. This can also be helpful if a user ends up in a bad resolution state while running in full screen.
-novsync—Advanced switch for users who want better performance.
-monitor:#—Switch to allows users to move the game between monitors when running in full screen.
-nosound—Switch to run the game without audio.

0 is default so go from there. And it works :D

I'll leave this topic open if anyone wants to comment on my stupidity :D

Timo
April 16th, 2012, 01:50 AM
I wonder if many other games support this? I've often wanted to run a game on my secondary monitor without having to switch it to my primary.