PDA

View Full Version : OH SNAP! No Animation Exporter

demonmaster3k
October 21st, 2006, 03:18 PM
for some of you who are using max 9.0, you may have already noticed that plugins from 8.0 or earlier are invalid with the new system.
yes, the ghost's scripts do patch up some of the holes that lie between the new software and HEK, but no all of them, more importantly; animation exporting.
so, for us max nine users, this is not only a request, this is a cry for help. do not let software incompatibilites inhibit further creational modding.

ImSpartacus
October 21st, 2006, 03:22 PM
dont u have to pay for max? i flat out suc at any moding (except once on hmt, i made a hog fly!) so i dont understand any of that graphics stuff

demonmaster3k
October 21st, 2006, 03:58 PM
that's not what i meant, i meant make the animation in max, then export it to HEK via blitzkrieg is no longer an option in max 9.0
you have to have a script or a new blitzkrieg for 9.0

Zeph
October 21st, 2006, 05:00 PM
I said this at GBX when it was announced, released, and then publically released. 3ds Max 9 wont work for animations and a small list of other things because of updates to Max itself. Seeing how Blitzkrieg is an all-in-one exporter, it simply wont work at all with 3dsM9. If you want to use HEK with a Max version, you'll need to use 5-8.

edit: There's also a good chance that H2EK's blitzkrieg will go through the same hassle. Assuming Bungie updates their editing software to 9, it'll be fixed. Otherwise, it'll be fixed after launch. I'm gonna talk to some people at Bungie about this, so hopefully anyone using 9 wont have any problems with H2EK.

demonmaster3k
October 21st, 2006, 05:07 PM
ok, so then in that case... i'll just wait for h2v (and see what happens)

TheGhost
October 21st, 2006, 07:49 PM
I can write the exporter scripts (plugins are much less accessible...) if I know the file formats. I could easily write an animation exporter, I just lack the time to do it right now.

demonmaster3k
October 21st, 2006, 08:07 PM
I can write the exporter scripts (plugins are much less accessible...) if I know the file formats. I could easily write an animation exporter, I just lack the time to do it right now.
that would be nice (considering that the only thing you can make without the blitzkrieg plugin is the level itself using the bluestreak jms exporter)
once again, thanks for bluestreak ghost
(maybe you could work it into bluestreak)
file formats:

jma
jmo(that's about all of the animations used for vehicle animating, there's more but i cant remember them right now)

legionaire45
October 22nd, 2006, 06:17 PM
Everyone email bungie requesting that they make a patched version of Blitzkrieg now! Show them that there still is a Halo CE community left.

Patrickssj6
October 22nd, 2006, 06:45 PM
Everyone email bungie requesting that they make a patched version of Blitzkrieg now! Show them that there still is a Halo CE community left.
You mean gearbox by any chance?XD

demonmaster3k
October 24th, 2006, 03:13 PM
y bugie's just a bunch of xbox enthusiasts, they don't care about the pc community (since the time they've stopped making crappy games for the MAC)
we should holla @ MGS or Gearbox software for newer stuff
(me thinks that MGS is going to be behind h2v, so holla @ gbx for new updates and stuff)

thehoodedsmack
October 24th, 2006, 03:31 PM
GBX isn't behind H2V, so there's no use asking them for updates. Just wait for TheGhost's Blue2Streak scripts. They'll be here soon enough, I'm sure....

Boo Diddly
October 26th, 2006, 01:06 PM
what do you think bungie uses to export models and animations for h2 and h3?

Chewy Gumball
October 26th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Maybe they did away with tool and just import a max file directly? Or maybe they use their awesome magical powers to do it. The wouldn't be using max 9 though so they would have to come up with something for that.

pulkit365
August 29th, 2011, 11:58 AM
just quickly make an animation exporter,ghost,i have your all three scripts-gbx importer,animation importer and jms exporter
I am just waiting for the animation exporter and the formats are-JMA,JMM,JMT,JMR and JMO

pulkit365
August 29th, 2011, 12:15 PM
see what i have got

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3627

TeeKup
August 29th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Why in fucks name did you bump a 5 year old thread?

Kornman00
August 29th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Why in fucks name did you bump a 5 year old thread with a file from 2008?
utfu