PDA

View Full Version : [APP] HCE Fov hack and version changer

MapleLeaf
June 10th, 2012, 01:05 AM
It uses Aob scanning so it should work for all versions of HCE.
I was bored and because I can't use OS with Xfire I decided to make an app with some features I liked from it.
This also doesn't inject a dll you just need to run the app after halo is started. after you have the settings how you like them you can save and close the app and it'll keep working in halo.
Also, if you'd like this to run at startup of halo just make a batch file like below, put it in halo directory, and make a shortcut to batch on desktop.

@start "" "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\haloce.exe" -window -console
choice /d y /t 10 > nul
@start "" "C:\Users\MapleLeaf\Desktop\Halo Fov\Halo Fov.exe"

After the app loads and does it's thing you can either close it or leave it, it won't affect hce.
If anyone wants this for halo pc I can easily do that.

Ryx
June 11th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Nice work, likey.Still don't have an icon? :(

MapleLeaf
June 11th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Nice work, likey.Still don't have an icon? :(
Yeah, I'm not very good with visuals or icons and I don't know what would be best so I left it blank. also here's a boring video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZg_Av50Ots

rossmum
July 4th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Works fine on foot, but getting in and out of vehicles causes some pretty major bugs. Hopefully you can sort them out, I can no longer live with the default FoV...

MapleLeaf
July 4th, 2012, 03:44 PM
well, this was the last version I worked on last week, tell me what you think. this version has new features and works on all versions of HCE HPC and even HTrial.
So do you want me to have it change fov to normal when in vehicles?

rossmum
July 4th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I'm not sure. If that fixes the issue, then I guess you might as well; if possible I'd like to keep the FOV boost even while in vehicles. I don't know if it's possible, hope so.

MapleLeaf
July 4th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Well, did the new app fix it? I don't get any bugs with getting in/out of vehicles anymore. Also if you still have the issue can you describe it?
EDIT: Also there are hotkeys on the new app to inc/dec fov PageUP and PageDown

Masterz1337
July 4th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Your better off just using OS, you can change the FOV and it has version changer built in. OS can work with xfire... just not the in game chat.

MapleLeaf
July 4th, 2012, 07:40 PM
yeah the reason I made this is because I could no longer use OS because I need xfire for a clan I'm in.

rossmum
July 4th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Tried new version, works fine now.