PDA

View Full Version : Grenades.

rossmum
October 22nd, 2006, 01:54 AM
Hey guys... just wondering if it's possible in CE to make the player have to equip grenades before throwing them, and/or use this way to have 3 different varieties of grenade? I also need a good tagger to help me out with a few things...

Frag grenade - add chain-spawned pistol and/or shotgun shots to simulate shrapnel
Smoke grenade - self-explanitory
Phosphorous grenade - nasty little bastards, go off with a big white flash and set anyone unfortunate enough to be nearby alight.Also still need some help with the MG-57 tags... :confused2:

PlasbianX
October 22nd, 2006, 08:35 AM
Yea its possible. First, use a gun as your grenades. Setup the fireing animations to look like hes throwing them. You cant be holding a gun while doing this. And each gun would be a different grenade type. And youcan set weapon tags to not go by that 2 weapon rule.

rossmum
October 22nd, 2006, 08:51 AM
Awesome. Anyone feel like helping with the tagging for me and FD04's project, then? :p I can sort of tag weapons, that's about it...

Excal
October 22nd, 2006, 10:55 AM
Why would you want to simulate shrapnel? Blast radius works just as good... and in real life, you'd never actually see the shrapnel until its in your leg or some shit...

ImSpartacus
October 22nd, 2006, 11:33 AM
yeah, u would make the three kinds of nades just like weapons, where they can be picked up and drops, but take a whole wepoan slot. U could also make them max out at one nade so u would be carrying only one nade at a time (or 2 if u used both wep slots), and strengh would have to be changed accordingly.

[gx]Shadow
October 22nd, 2006, 11:40 AM
The problem with smoke nades is that most people will just turn off particles(or w/e the setting is called) and then the smoke will not show up on their screen, giving them an advantage over everyone else.

Rescudo
October 22nd, 2006, 12:19 PM
Why would you want to simulate shrapnel? Blast radius works just as good... and in real life, you'd never actually see the shrapnel until its in your leg or some shit...

Yeah, I think this would be a better idea. Simulating every little piece of shrapnel would probably take a lot of resources, too...:eyesroll:

Nic
October 22nd, 2006, 01:34 PM
It sounds like a good idea.

Is it even possible to do a flash effect for the phosphorous nades? If so, how long were you planning on having it last, and how would you make it so it doesn't flash everyone in the map?
Yes it is. Le_Loup did a PC mod (not released yet) that has nades that do a flashing light effect like a flashbang.

Katarn
October 22nd, 2006, 01:52 PM
Yar, remember when I did the flashbang and the smoke nades?

PenGuin1362
October 22nd, 2006, 02:12 PM
and teh lag made one...and i made one...and l33t...flashes are very easy...

SnaFuBAR
October 22nd, 2006, 02:33 PM
Yar, remember when I did the flashbang and the smoke nades?
Yes. I also remember that I couldn't see the flash effect on my 64mb integrated gfx, so I would spam you with them:lol:

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
October 22nd, 2006, 02:47 PM
Yes. I also remember that I couldn't see the flash effect on my 64mb integrated gfx, so I would spam you with them:lol:lol noooooob :)

ImSpartacus
October 22nd, 2006, 09:55 PM
i have 128 mb integrated, it can power fear, quake 4, prey, and doom 3.

but not bf2!!!!!!! damn bf2!

rossmum
October 23rd, 2006, 01:39 AM
and teh lag made one...and i made one...and l33t...flashes are very easy...
I've been doing that for at least a year, too ^_^

I plan to add flashes and screen jolts to any sort of explosion, varying in strength and time. Phosphorous grenades will blind the player for maybe two or so seconds, then slowly fade back to normal... if they're too close they'll also catch fire and flinch. Frags, rockets, mines, and tank shells will cause a large screen jolt and a moderate flash, and possibly a red one if you stand too close and take damage - and if I can get it to work, a shellshock-like effect. Bullet hits, melee hits, any other sort of damage like that will cause a flinch and a red flash, depending on damage type, strength, etc.

Patrickssj6
October 26th, 2006, 08:42 PM
i have 128 mb integrated, it can power fear, quake 4, prey, and doom 3.

but not bf2!!!!!!! damn bf2!
PCI nub...PCI doesn't support PixelShader 2.0:p

Looks great.I want to see some great effects besides a white screen:D

Bad Waffle
October 29th, 2006, 03:24 AM
Evolution has phosphorus grenades, heres what they look like.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/1031/phosphorusgrenadeuu5.jpg

Btd69
October 29th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Nice handheld torch WoL.. but where's the grenade?

Boo Diddly
October 29th, 2006, 10:20 AM
flashes should be synched, its a direct reaction caused by a gernade exploding.

ImSpartacus
November 1st, 2006, 07:18 PM
PCI nub...PCI doesn't support PixelShader 2.0:p

Looks great.I want to see some great effects besides a white screen:D

it doesnt really matter that i have pci slots, my 'card' is integrated, so aside from being a pos, its right on the mobo

i didnt intend on playing games, so it suits me well enough.

Patrickssj6
November 2nd, 2006, 06:56 PM
it doesnt really matter that i have pci slots, my 'card' is integrated, so aside from being a pos, its right on the mobo

i didnt intend on playing games, so it suits me well enough.
nvm then:D

rossmum
November 5th, 2006, 04:47 AM
Nice handheld torch WoL.. but where's the grenade?
Oh snap.

I googled 'mk94 grenade' and found a page with pictures of every single grenade the British ever made (they made a Mk.94 too)... man there were some crazy looking things in there.

And you can expect to see this in a map when it's done :XD: Like, after Reaper finishes converting the model, UVW-ing it, and then after Dane skins it and me and whoever else tags it >_>