PDA

View Full Version : [APP] HAC 2 Release

Pages : [1] 2

Btcc22
December 27th, 2012, 09:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xC2dl.png

Halo Anticheat 2 is a new mod, supporting all versions of both Halo CE and Halo PC. Download is at the very end of the post.

Despite the name, there's no anticheat in this build. This release is an alpha/preview to gather feedback on some of the features and a chance to get them tested on a wider array of machine configurations. Expect there to be bugs and gripes; removing them is the point of this alpha/preview release.

Here's a quick overview of the features currently on offer for testing:

Map downloading

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwE_USt_lx4

To help promote custom maps, HAC 2 boasts an in-game map downloading system. If a player attempts to join a server running a map they don't have, HAC 2 will intervene and download the map for you from a network of map mirrors and then continue connecting you to the game. Currently the system grants access to around 1,000 maps and growing.

This system requires absolutely no effort on the part of game server administrators. Players and administrators will be able to add any maps that might be missing from our extensive collection to the network responsible for serving the maps. There are also plans to support map makers further by allowing them to hold beta testing sessions without the hassle of distributing maps beforehand and having to worry about them being leaked by testers.

To keep things speedy, we're seeking bandwidth providers/mirrors for map hosting. You're free to donate as much or as little space and bandwidth as you wish. The only requirement is that you have at least ~10mbit upstream non-residential (other words, no home hosting) bandwidth. If you're interested in helping the service out, contact me or reply to this post and I'll contact you.

Rapid load times

HAC 2 adds a caching system to Halo CE that allows for near instant game launch times, regardless of how many custom maps you have. Put away the map managers, they're no longer needed. Download as many maps as you wish, your load times will stay constant.

Note: The initial launch time after loading HAC 2 will be the same as usual, so don't be disheartened. You'll see the speed increase on subsequent attempts after the caching has kicked in.

Increased draw distance

A small addition but the default draw distance has been increased severalfold. This only benefits a few custom maps. If you wish, you can restore the default (1024 units) via the 'draw' console command.

Doubled BSP poly limit

http://youtu.be/U1lxEb4cZ0Y

This was mainly done to fix glitches on existing maps but the extra budget could be used to produce more detailed maps. Although the limit has been doubled, it could be increased further in the future if desired. I'm aware that OS does something similiar (wasn't at the time of implementation), although I'm not sure if it's only for .yelo maps. Assuming it's not, having this as a feature in more than one mod will allow map makers to have their higher detailed maps played by a wider audience.

In-game BSP poly budget display

http://i.imgur.com/1LoPN.jpg

I've included a basic budget display for map makers that'll allow them to view how many polys are being drawn and how much of their budget they've used. This might prove to be utterly useless but the idea was to help map makers to squeeze the most of engine. That and to deserve as a distraction for a few moments.

To toggle it, type budget_show 0/1 into the console.

Power up and weapon timers

May or may not include.

Automated version changing

Having a community split between game versions necessitated a version changer to grant players a wider choice of games to choose from. HAC 2 takes this idea one step further by detecting the version of the server you're attempting to join and silently switching your game to the correct version, ensuring you can join any game, regardless of version differences.

Unified server list

Another problem, related to the version changing, was only being able to see the server list for a single version of the game. HAC 2 solves this by showing you servers from all versions of the game. Combined with the automated version changer, you needn't worry about which version of the game you're using again.

Field of view modifier

http://youtu.be/-VA6etTPZQA

Fairly standard feature but an important one to have. Pressing F6 in-game will allow you to adjust the field of view to your liking. If you're a console command kind of person, you can just type the value directly into the console with 'fov degrees'. Your preferences will be saved so you only need to do it once.

In-game server bookmarks/favourites

Pressing F4 in a game will allow you to add (or remove with another press) a server to a list of bookmarks. Pressing F5 will allow you to view this list, including live status information to help you pick a game to play in. To quick join a bookmarked server, simply press alt and the corresponding number. To join bookmarks with a number higher than 10, hold the control key down (e.g., alt + ctrl + 5 is 15).

http://i.imgur.com/BpB3g.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YDUyl.jpg

Quick server information copying

A minor feature but it solves a pet annoyance held by many scrimmers. You can copy the details of a bookmarked server to the clipboard for easy pasting on Xfire/your choice of IM service by typing 'copy' followed by the corresponding bookmark number. To copy the details of the server you're in, regardless of whether it's bookmarked, simply type 'copy'.

Devmode toggle

Since external apps are irritating, I've added a command to toggle devmode on/off. Simply type devmode 0/1 into the console.

Note: Disable it before switching between games unless it's local (non-dedicated) or the game will crash. I'll patch this in the next update.

Stuff nobody cares about (misc fixes)

There are a couple of small fixes, such as fixing the console text so that the display time isn't tied to your framerate.

Future development plans

The features included in this release aren't the end of the project. Here's a quick taster of some of the other features that will be included in future updates, as testing progresses. There are more to come as development marches on.

Chat customisation

HAC 2 integrates and enhances Sehe's "Halo Chat V2" to allow for control over your in-game text display in multiplayer games. Aside from the customisation options, this fixes the dreaded 'text lag' issue.

Optic integration

Optic integration brings the announcements and medals from newer titles to your Halo 1 multiplayer experience. By having Optic as a feature built-in to HAC 2, we hope to bring you a wider variety of announcements and medals. As it stands, you can choose medals and announcements from any of the games, except Halo Wars.

More allowances raised

To follow on from the raised BSP poly limits, HAC 2 aims to do more of the same to other limitations. I'd just like to note that this project isn't focused on engine enhancements (you have OS for that) but if a few limits can be raised here and there, I'll do so.

Statistics tracking

HAC was the first application for Halo to bring detailed and reliable statistics tracking to the game and to date has tracked millions of kills and hundreds of thousands of games.

HAC 2 aims to build upon the statistics service offered by the original and bring the feature over for CE players to enjoy.

Anticheat

HAC 2 will offer server supported anticheat to both HPC and HCE. This means that for the first time, server administrators running SAPP* will be able to ensure a cheat-free experience by requiring all players in the server to be running HAC 2. Just to stress the point, there's no anticheat in the current build being provided for testing, so save the reverse engineering until later. ;)

*hopefully users of other server mods such as Phasor and Gandanur will be able to join in on the fun.

Installation - A.K.A. "What files do I have to replace this time?"

HAC 2 is a single file that gets dropped into your Halo directory. It does not replace (or proxy) any of your existing files. Uninstalling is a simple matter of pressing the delete key. For more information, see the readme.txt included in the download.

HAC 2 will automatically grab the newest release when you start the game to ensure that you receive all bug fixes with zero effort on your part. Work has been put in to ensure the smallest possible file size (~75KB) to give you a smooth updating experience. Details of fixes and new features will be posted with each update.

F.A.Q.

Do I need admin rights to use HAC 2?

No. It was important to me that users didn't need to run the game with admin rights in order to make use of certain features, including map downloading.

Where do maps get downloaded to?

Maps are downloaded to a subdirectory of where Halo stores your game profile. This was done to allow users to download maps without requiring them to start the game with admin rights as would have been required by downloading to the game's default maps directory. If you wish to copy the maps to the standard directory, simply running the game with admin rights will cause HAC 2 to copy all downloaded maps there.

What ports does HAC 2 use?

There should be no need to adjust your firewall settings or mess around with port forwarding (only outgoing is required) but port 80 is used for updating and map downloading and port 3750 is used for communicating with the master server (stats tracking, anticheat, aspects of map downloading, etc). 3750 is unused in this release but will likely be made use of in the coming weeks.

If you're able to play the game online, you should be fine.

Other questions

Ask away and I shall answer.

Known incompatibilities:

OpenSauce (will cause crashes) - will look at adding a fix soon
Goemitar's version changer - won't function but is no longer required

Thanks to...

Things wouldn't have progressed so smoothly without the help of the people below. Some of them had no direct involvement but have contributed through posting their research over the years.

In no particular order:
Sehe, As7raios (my personal Q&A department), PM Rave, Influx, Harbinger, Sean Aero, Oxide, Goemitar, Souless (UI prototype for the abandoned HAC 1.5), Snafubar (work on the abandoned C# HAC 2), Martz0r (work on HAC 1), SilentK (engine research, pre-OS), FleetAdmiralBacon (your app gave me the idea to increase the draw distance), WaeV and Tucker.

Click here to download. (http://client.haloanticheat.com/release.zip)

Read the readme.txt before asking any questions!

souless
December 27th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Beautifully executed sir

Sean Aero
December 28th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Good stuff, add 1920x1080 No Vsync support to that list for us ATI users.

MapleLeaf
December 28th, 2012, 01:57 AM
This is Epic!!! Cant wait for the finished product

Ki11a_FTW
December 28th, 2012, 03:20 AM
I will deffinetly DL this if you get it working with OS

{XG}Gijs007
December 28th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Sweet with a 791 MB maps folder it took ~15 sec to load with my crucial M4 ssd, now it only takes 2 seconds.:neckbeard:

sehe
December 28th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Yay! Awesome, keep up the good work! ;D

Haha, with my 10 yr old 80 GB HDD with many GB of maps it took 5 min to start, now it's 5 sec only :P
Tho meanwhile I got an SSD so it's now 2 sec anyway xD

Limited
December 28th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Sweet jesus. Christmas has come early slightly late!

Very impressive. There is a feature I would ask for, as I've been wanting it in Halo for ages, yet I know it would get abused so it probably isnt really a good idea.

Btcc22
December 28th, 2012, 08:49 AM

Very impressive. There is a feature I would ask for, as I've been wanting it in Halo for ages, yet I know it would get abused so it probably isnt really a good idea.

Let's hear it anyway. ;)

Limited
December 28th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Let's hear it anyway. ;)The server is full, 16/16. You can then select an option to 'auto-join', which will then keep polling the server until a space appears, then you will be connected automatically.

This works fine, until everyone is trying to join the server uses the app, then its kind of redundant.

You also might as well go the fullmonty and add in third person and sight jacking capabilities. STL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGbSNbiqp9U) has this but I'm not sure if STL would work in combination with HAC2

Btcc22
December 28th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Ah, yeah. I've considered that because I was quite fond of GameSpy Arcade's (yes yes, I used that for a while when the game was new) auto-join feature.

Also, STL worked fine with it last I checked, although there's an FoV key binding clash by default. No big deal though.

Pooky
December 28th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Wow, this sounds amazing. I wish something like this had appeared years ago. Combined with the new anti-leading mod I've been hearing about, this is making me actually want to play Halo again.

I have a question though. Since we can't use this together with OS, does this mod include the widescreen HUD scaling fix from OS?

As far as features, like Limited said an Auto-join would be nice, as well as fully integrated third person mode in the same manner as Bitter Banana's old third person with fixed camera. I don't think I've seen anyone else actually pull that off.

Anyway, sounds like you put a lot of work into this, I can't wait to try it when I get home.

Btcc22
December 28th, 2012, 10:23 AM
does this mod include the widescreen HUD scaling fix from OS?

Nah, afraid not; I'd prefer to make OS and HAC play nicely than to pinch their code. Not that it's about my personal preferences but I prefer a stretched UI than to have it bunched up in the middle anyhow (pretty bad with 2560 horizontal res).

MapleLeaf
December 28th, 2012, 11:04 AM
You also might as well go the fullmonty and add in third person and sight jacking capabilities.
If you need sigscans for the 3rd person fov I have all of those and the sj aswell so it'd work with all versions of HCE&HPC I was thinking about making a universal SJ/flycam anyway. Here is a Universal SJ Cloud made it for 1.09 hce and asked me to port it to HPC so I ended up adding a sigscanner so it works for all versions. for cloud's sake I protected the app, but if you want aob scans for either of the above just ask me 3122

Pooky
December 28th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Nah, afraid not; I'd prefer to make OS and HAC play nicely than to pinch their code. Not that it's about my personal preferences but I prefer a stretched UI than to have it bunched up in the middle anyhow (pretty bad with 2560 horizontal res).

It's mainly the stretched reticle that gets annoying. That said though, why not go to the other extreme and have the HUD elements spread apart like they should be, instead of bunched up in the middle?

souless
December 28th, 2012, 12:21 PM
AFAIK, modifying the locations of the GUI elements is a bitch. From the limited experience I had with HMT, recalculating the locations shouldn't be too hard - but there are tons of elements to be repositioned.

Btcc22
December 28th, 2012, 01:00 PM
It's mainly the stretched reticle that gets annoying. That said though, why not go to the other extreme and have the HUD elements spread apart like they should be, instead of bunched up in the middle?

I'll look into this. :)

Btcc22
December 28th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Just a note to say that bookmarks can be deleted by pressing delete and the corresponding number. Editing the original post breaks the formatting and I don't want to fix it for the umpteenth time.

Con
December 28th, 2012, 03:40 PM
This is really nice work. I'm looking forward to seeing this playing nicely with open sauce.

PenGuin1362
December 28th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Oh man, map downloading. I've been waiting for that forevverrr. If only I still played :(

also +1 for ambush....cough...

souless
December 28th, 2012, 10:07 PM
I hope this makes people want to play this game again :D

jakallan3
December 28th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Hell yeah, this is beautiful. Thanks!

I see a bug when downloading a map the mirrors don't have. It returns you to the Halo main screen, yet all the options aren't there such as Campaign, Multiplayer, Profiles, Settings, Quit, etc...

Keep up the great work! It's stuff like this that unites and keeps the Halo community going longer and longer!

Btcc22
December 29th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I see a bug when downloading a map the mirrors don't have. It returns you to the Halo main screen, yet all the options aren't there such as Campaign, Multiplayer, Profiles, Settings, Quit, etc...

Patched. :)

sanni
December 29th, 2012, 01:29 PM
HAC2 changes the sizes of the team indicator as seen in this picture:

http://www.abload.de/thumb/hac2teamindicatorkojpv.jpg (http://www.abload.de/img/hac2teamindicatorkojpv.jpg)

Yes it's only a minor bug but it sure looks different ;D

Btcc22
December 29th, 2012, 01:40 PM
HAC 2 doesn't touch anything related to team indicators (as far as I know) so that's certainly strange. Halo does have some strange resizing logic for the indicators though.

I'll take a look anyway.

Lateksi
December 30th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I temporarily disabled OS by renaming the d3d9.dll and this HAC works fine except I didn't get any boost on the game loading time (still about 5 mins.) Map downloading is awesome, fast and easy and seeing maps like Sanctuary without flickering bsp is nice.

However I was missing active camo fix and HUD scaling (doesn't work on my build of OS even half the time though). If you manage to make this work with OS I love you! Glad you stepped out from the bungie.net forums, Btcc22.

Pooky
December 30th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I temporarily disabled OS by renaming the d3d9.dll and this HAC works fine except I didn't get any boost on the game loading time (still about 5 mins.) Map downloading is awesome, fast and easy and seeing maps like Sanctuary without flickering bsp is nice.

However I was missing active camo fix and HUD scaling (doesn't work on my build of OS even half the time though). If you manage to make this work with OS I love you! Glad you stepped out from the bungie.net forums, Btcc22.

It says in the first post that you won't see a speedup in loading times right away.

mywarthog
December 30th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Great mod.

After playing around with it a bit, I thought of a couple cool ideas relating to the bookmarks:

- Unless I'm reading the instructions wrong, as of this post, it would only support up to twenty server bookmarks. What about using pages (Backwards with < and Forwards with >), and depending on which page you're on, the number selects the corresponding favorite to that page?

- A clan server list feature. Clans can upload a .txt file to their website containing a list of all of their server IPs and ports. HAC could use a menu system, and players can add the URLs to each of these text files to a configuration file somewhere, which HAC could read, and then make a temporary bookmark menu of the servers in that file/files. Something like that could be useful for moderation teams or administrators of large amounts of servers.

MapleLeaf
December 30th, 2012, 12:11 PM
just gonna throw this out there. The map caching is great, but it does open some doors for people to cheat. when you add the anti cheat part you should have it get a new checksum of the map before connection online to avoid people using bluewalls/other mods 3124 this happens because after you start halo with your original it just uses that checksum for that map from now on so you can mod the map without worrying about the checksum. just wanted to point that out.

Lateksi
December 30th, 2012, 01:42 PM
It says in the first post that you won't see a speedup in loading times right away.
I feel stupid now. Yeah, everything works fine now.

Bug: I get a distorted, low-res, pixelated screen (except the HUD elements) when I'm in a gunner seat of a warthog.

MapleLeaf
December 30th, 2012, 01:53 PM
I feel stupid now. Yeah, everything works fine now.

Bug: I get a distorted, low-res, pixelated screen (except the HUD elements) when I'm in a gunner seat of a warthog.
same but it only seems to be rocket warthog not regular warthog

Btcc22
December 30th, 2012, 05:54 PM
The map caching is great, but it does open some doors for people to cheat. when you add the anti cheat part you should have it get a new checksum of the map before connection online to avoid people using bluewalls/other mods this happens because after you start halo with your original it just uses that checksum for that map from now on so you can mod the map without worrying about the checksum.

Yeah, it's a slightly ironic feature but the anticheat does take care of that. It's always been possible to do this, even with CE, it's just that the map caching makes it easier by placing the checksums in an easy to find file.

Great mod.
After playing around with it a bit, I thought of a couple cool ideas relating to the bookmarks:
- Unless I'm reading the instructions wrong, as of this post, it would only support up to twenty server bookmarks. What about using pages (Backwards with < and Forwards with >), and depending on which page you're on, the number selects the corresponding favorite to that page?

You can add more than twenty but viewing them all before they disappear is tricky and you won't be able to join those above 20. Fixing both issues is easy enough but I don't think using console text is an optimal solution. I wanted to move to an overlay at some point in the near future.

Good idea though but I don't think I'd do it until I had an overlay in place just because it runs the risk of confusing users further by adding more key shortcuts. Speaking of key shortcuts, it'll be possible to update them to your liking soon enough.

Btcc22
December 31st, 2012, 06:51 AM
HAC2 changes the sizes of the team indicator as seen in this picture:

http://www.abload.de/thumb/hac2teamindicatorkojpv.jpg (http://www.abload.de/img/hac2teamindicatorkojpv.jpg)

Yes it's only a minor bug but it sure looks different ;D

Looked into this and I believe it's caused by the field of view difference; Halo doesn't scale the markers properly and you can tell the field of view is slightly wider in the HAC 2 picture. I tried the same thing with Sky's the Limit and got similar results.

sanni
December 31st, 2012, 08:11 AM
How do I set it to standard fov then? because I never changed anything xd

Btcc22
December 31st, 2012, 08:30 AM
70 is the standard so you can either fiddle around with the mouse or use you can use the 'fov' console command (fov 70).

Edit: I recreated your scene and you're right, it does appear to be HAC after all and your FoV is default in the second image, it's just the effect of the sniper bobbing up and down. I looked at the walls the first time and presumed it was default but noticed the sniper positioning and came to the wrong conclusion. The FoV does still impact the size but there's something else at play.

souless
December 31st, 2012, 01:50 PM
Oh, almost forgot. Reset FOV feature plz <3

Or maybe some sort of feature where you can make your own FOV presets and quickly change to them.

Btcc22
December 31st, 2012, 04:17 PM
Oh, almost forgot. Reset FOV feature plz <3

You shall receive.

Anyway, turns out that the indicator/marker size is tied to the draw distance. Make any sense? No, not really. Just set it back to the default by typing 'draw 1024' and they'll go back to their normal size. I'll add a fix that reverts the draw distance to the default on maps where the increase isn't needed. :)

Btcc22
January 1st, 2013, 05:14 AM
Patch released.

Changes:

Fixed resolution problem when getting in the rocket 'hog gunner seat and using some custom weapons/vehicles. Affected CE only.
Fixed issues with joining bookmarked/favourited servers on HPC.
Fixed an issue where you could get stuck on the 'negotiating connection to server' screen under certain conditions.
Fixed a crash on HPC caused by attempting to enable devmode.
Fixed team indicator size. This was caused by the increased draw distance so it's now set to default except on maps that benefit from having it increased. You can override this by using the 'draw' console command (default is 1024). I'll try and add some scaling logic in the future.
Fixed a crash some users experienced when attempting to alt+tab/minimise the game.
Fixed an issue where connecting to a passworded server after downloading a map would give you an incorrect password error under certain conditions.

Your client will auto-update next time you start it.

I'll post the changes somewhere central starting with the next update (which should include a new feature).

sanni
January 1st, 2013, 01:24 PM
Can you please make the F5 menu display a little longer? I'm too slow to read everything xD

Btcc22
January 1st, 2013, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I've found that to be a problem myself. I usually hit tilde (console key) so I can see it for a bit longer. I'll change how long it displays for in the next update.

mywarthog
January 1st, 2013, 04:32 PM
How do you get the improved draw distance back after restoring it to the default?

Also... I can't use STL 2.0 with it. It throws an Exception with this error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: haloce.exe
Application Version: 1.0.9.620
Application Timestamp: 4ac7faf1
Fault Module Name: haloce.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.9.620
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ac7faf1
Exception Offset: 000483c0
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Rainbow Dash
January 2nd, 2013, 12:31 AM
holy shit

amazing

Btcc22
January 2nd, 2013, 12:36 AM
How do you get the improved draw distance back after restoring it to the default?

Type a number larger than 1024 in. The improved default is 4096. There shouldn't really be a reason to use the console command to adjust it manually though.

I'll look into that STL crash.

Btcc22
January 2nd, 2013, 06:47 AM
There is a feature I would ask for, as I've been wanting it in Halo for ages

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKbB9X7C4H4

Anway, I've chucked up a WordPress install over at http://blog.haloanticheat.com to serve as somewhere to post development information instead of spamming it here. I'll continue to keep an eye on the thread though.

sanni
January 2nd, 2013, 08:54 AM
Not sure if it's possible, but when you make a ctf gametype with the default ui there is some sort of bug where the score and timelimit don't save right. Then you have to use gametypefixer to repair it. Fixing this sure would be a nice feature =)

Btcc22
January 2nd, 2013, 09:43 AM
Not sure if it's possible, but when you make a ctf gametype with the default ui there is some sort of bug where the score and timelimit don't save right. Then you have to use gametypefixer to repair it. Fixing this sure would be a nice feature =)

Does this apply to CE only or PC too? If you have more info, I can take a look when I get a chance.

{XG}Gijs007
January 2nd, 2013, 12:11 PM
Does this apply to CE only or PC too? If you have more info, I can take a look when I get a chance.
That is only a issue on CE.

halopro77
January 2nd, 2013, 01:12 PM
Is there a way to play in 1920 x 1080 resolution with scaled hud in this or no?

Sean Aero
January 2nd, 2013, 01:21 PM
If you are going to investigate and you see an option to increase the score limits beyond the default of slayer(50) and ctf(15), please do.

Btcc22
January 2nd, 2013, 03:00 PM
Is there a way to play in 1920 x 1080 resolution with scaled hud in this or no?

No, not yet.

sanni
January 3rd, 2013, 05:38 AM
Here is another bug report. Well it's not really a bug. But if you create a new Halo map and you name it lets say test_beta.map. Then after you uploaded it to your server and played a little you notice you still have some bugs in your map so you fix them and upload the map again under the same name.
Well in this case the stored hash won't get updated and you will get the unable to connect to server message. So you have to rehash all your maps.

Would a simple "created/last time edited"-check take much time on the startup of Halo? That way you would recognize new maps since the last start of Halo even if they have the same name and maybe even size.

Btcc22
January 3rd, 2013, 05:40 AM
Yeah, I've thought about this and might add it in. For now, you can use hac_flush_cache to clear it out or number your map files as you're developing.

sanni
January 3rd, 2013, 08:28 AM
I just noticed I can finally play the tlmp maps with default FOV since hac overwrites the FOV changes made by the map creators <3

HAC is so great, finally you can have custom map sessions without the 1h preparation to collect maps for mappacks and distribute them.

Just a question, how would one get a newly created map into the HAC cloud?

Btcc22
January 3rd, 2013, 09:40 AM
Just a question, how would one get a newly created map into the HAC cloud?

I'm working on the system required to allow users to add maps in but the easiest way at the moment it to drop me a note or attempt to download it through HAC as all failed requests are logged and dealt with.

Con
January 6th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Feature request: please fix text lag once and for all so we can minimize Halo in peace.

JackalStomper
January 7th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Feature request: please fix text lag once and for all so we can minimize Halo in peace.

Btcc22
January 7th, 2013, 05:41 AM
I might know of a simple albeit hackish solution to that. I'll let you know if it works.

sanni
January 18th, 2013, 05:57 AM
I'd like the following additions when the time is right:

- flycam, sightjacker and devmode (check with sapp if scrim_mode is 0 and if user is admin level 3 or more otherwise deny it, allow it in LAN modus all the time)

- add a customrepos.txt file where people can add/configure their own personal map mirrors and let hac search them first. E.g. lets say I have a dropbox or ftp with maps on it for personal use, then I could just add the url to it into that txt file and profit.

Example:

I would put "http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20912715/Halo/hac.txt" into that customrepos.txt file in the hac savegame folder.
Hac would then check what maps are available from that mirror(they are listed in the hac.txt like: neophobia_beta.map:neophobia_beta.7z) and then hac could download from like: "http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20912715/Halo/neophobia_beta.7z"

Or I could just put "neophobia_beta.map:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20912715/Halo/neophobia_beta.7z" directly in the customrepos.txt.

Pooky
January 18th, 2013, 07:09 PM
This is probably completely unrelated to the scope of HAC 2 and may not even be possible, but is there a chance of fixing the sound glitches in Halo when playing at anything higher than 30 fps?

What I mean is, when you're playing at extremely high framerates the sound effects tend to get cut off, or slightly distorted. Enabling 30 fps cap fixes this problem, but I can't bear actually playing at that framerate. Vsync is better, but then you have input lag.

Btcc22
January 21st, 2013, 11:43 PM
This is probably completely unrelated to the scope of HAC 2 and may not even be possible, but is there a chance of fixing the sound glitches in Halo when playing at anything higher than 30 fps?

I've never heard of this problem before. The only sound glitches I've experienced have been with custom weapons.

I'd like the following additions when the time is right:

- flycam, sightjacker and devmode (check with sapp if scrim_mode is 0 and if user is admin level 3 or more otherwise deny it, allow it in LAN modus all the time)

Dev mode is already there; just type devmode 1. You can use the debug camera functionality for a flycam so I don't have any plans to add that. That doesn't help HPC players but I couldn't justify spending time on it given the low population. I like the idea of disabling them if scrim mode is enabled though, so I'll have words with Sehe about making that information available.

I'll be adding a SightJacker at some point when I get the time. It's straightforward to implement for CE but I'd rather have it work with HPC too and that's going to require more time than I have at this point. I've had mixed reports about STL 2's compatibility with HAC but since nobody's given me any useful information for resolving the problem, there's not much I can do.

As for the custom map repos, I don't have any plans for adding them. A couple of people have requested them but I couldn't justify spending time on it, especially since the upcoming map site would render them obsolete.

Pooky
January 22nd, 2013, 05:49 PM
I've never heard of this problem before. The only sound glitches I've experienced have been with custom weapons.

It's not hugely noticeable, but it is there. Try playing the game at 700 fps and firing the Plasma Rifle, then do the same at 30 fps.

halopro77
January 22nd, 2013, 07:51 PM
Im having trouble opening the console with the "~" key... Any idea?

MapleLeaf
January 22nd, 2013, 08:13 PM
Im having trouble opening the console with the "~" key... Any idea?
you have to have console enabled.
@Btcc22 either turning console on when halo loads, or patching it always on wouldn't be a bad idea.

sanni
January 23rd, 2013, 12:39 PM
Is there an option to supply a default password for a bookmarked server?

Btcc22
January 23rd, 2013, 01:24 PM
Is there an option to supply a default password for a bookmarked server?

No. It saves the password you used for joining it. I'll probably be releasing an update on Sunday/Monday so I can add a command for it if you wish.

Con
January 27th, 2013, 01:55 AM
I might know of a simple albeit hackish solution to that. I'll let you know if it works.
Any news on this?

Amit
January 27th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Any news on this?

Just use Sehe's Halo Chat Version 2. Works great and it's customizable.

Con
January 28th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Just use Sehe's Halo Chat Version 2. Works great and it's customizable.

oh cool, didn't know that existed.

Btcc22
January 28th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Any news on this?

Erp, I forgot to check. I'll make a note and return.

ausprime
February 5th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Very nice!
FOV!
Bookmarks!
And Sehe's Halo Chat Version 2 is great too. Iv been using it for a long time. And have never looked back.

mywarthog
February 11th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Relating to my suggestion for map downloading in SAPP:

- Would it be possible to set a quota of space/limit on the number of maps for the folder that HAC downloads too, for the sakes of space management? And maybe provide an interface to browse and delete maps from the folder while in game?

Btcc22
February 12th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Possible but the time it'd take to implement it would outweigh its value. It's easier just to go to your downloaded maps folder every now and then if you want to clean up.

Btcc22
February 28th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Bumping this to mention that there's a fairly important patch out that requires a manual update. If you've been experiencing crashes after minimising the game, this is for you.

Details here. (http://blog.haloanticheat.com/?p=91)

aurorae
March 11th, 2013, 06:11 PM
I must admit that this application is very helpful and amazing.. It has everything I need.. never thought something like this will exist for Halo :D ..

Everything works fine, smooth, and perfect.. but there is one problem.. when I press F5 to get the bookmarked servers, an error pops up.. the bookmarked servers still show up but that error gets annoying.. and if I press F5 two or three times my game crashes.. giving me a gathering exception error..

The error says:
Socket error failed with error 10054: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

I am running Windows 8 64-bit.. in case anyone's wondering..

Btcc22
March 11th, 2013, 06:46 PM
The error says:
Socket error failed with error 10054: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

That usually happens (not exclusively) if you've bookmarked a local server that's no longer available. The problematic server will be displayed in yellow with "[unknown]" displayed where its status should be. Remove it and you should be all good.

It's already fixed but the next update isn't quite ready for release yet.

aurorae
March 12th, 2013, 10:32 AM
That usually happens (not exclusively) if you've bookmarked a local server that's no longer available. The problematic server will be displayed in yellow with "[unknown]" displayed where its status should be. Remove it and you should be all good.

It's already fixed but the next update isn't quite ready for release yet.

Ah I see, thank you for the quick reply.. I'm not that experienced with HAC 2 at the moment.. but I found the "bookmarks.hac" file, which I presume it has the bookmarks list.. is there a way I can access it to delete the servers that are not working? I cannot join them because as I've said.. they don't work xD .. So I can't remove them, unfortunately..

I have quite a few servers bookmarked, I don't want to loose them by deleting that file.. but if there is no alternative, I guess I have to..

Btcc22
March 12th, 2013, 11:18 AM
is there a way I can access it to delete the servers that are not working?

You can delete bookmarked servers without joining them by pressing delete + bookmark number. That'll allow you to delete bookmarks in the range of 1-10. To delete bookmarks in the range of 11-20, hold alt down too. You can also do it with the bookmark_delete console command. For example, bookmark_delete 17.

There's a full list of commands/shortcuts available here (http://blog.haloanticheat.com/?page_id=44).

Let me know how it goes.

aurorae
March 14th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Everything works fine now, thanks for the fast reply and awesome support.. :) I really appreciate your work on such an amazing app.. please continue with it..

Btcc22
March 14th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the offer. :)

Btcc22
March 23rd, 2013, 09:18 AM
Next version released, contains a sightjacker and enables multi-team vehicles for use in conjunction with SAPP.

See (http://blog.haloanticheat.com/?p=94)this post if you want the full details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaS6_CVWNv0

aurorae
March 23rd, 2013, 01:12 PM
Nice addition of SJ.. It gives a gathering exception error unless Halo is ran as administrator.. but running Halo as administrator causes my Xfire not to detect it, strangely.. just a heads up..

Btcc22
March 23rd, 2013, 01:14 PM
Nice addition of SJ.. It gives a gathering exception error unless Halo is ran as administrator.. but running Halo as administrator causes my Xfire not to detect it, strangely.. just a heads up..

Thanks for the notice. I'll take a look. :)

Edit: Just to be 100% sure, does it given an exception message when you try to use the SJ as a non-admin or just when you try to start Halo?

Double edit: Released another patch to fix an issue that might have been causing yours.

aurorae
March 23rd, 2013, 05:06 PM
It was only when I started Halo without administrator.. the loader.dll you recently posted has been causing this problem... If I move the loader.dll out of the controls folder, Halo works fine even if you don't run as an admin..

The patch you posted works perfectly, thanks for the quick fix.. :)

Btcc22
March 23rd, 2013, 05:19 PM
Glad to hear it solved it. Thanks for reporting back. :)

Crenshaw
March 23rd, 2013, 07:23 PM
Very nice keep it up, where can i download the latest version of HAC2 with SJ.

Btcc22
March 23rd, 2013, 07:26 PM
Very nice keep it up, where can i download the latest version of HAC2 with SJ.

There's a download link on the top of the site, here (http://blog.haloanticheat.com). If you already have HAC 2, it'll auto-update for you.

Crenshaw
March 25th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Ok sorry to post that but already had your website bookmarked just couldnt find it. but now i did.

AxxO89
March 26th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Hi Btcc22, great work on the HAC2, I see that everyone in the HaloPC community loves it.
Everyone except for me, LOL!! Because I still could not get it to work properly as I always get the "Gathering exception data" message when using the loader.dll with both normal and CE folders.
Tried to run as administrator but that didn't help, strange because I'm sure my Halo installation is pure as a baby (the CE just have some maps downloaded). (haven't tried to reinstall though, too lazy :P , will me the last resort).
It is really strange because EVERYONE else seems to have no problems with it...can I send you something (files/screenshots) in case you wanted to look into it? I really want to fix and enjoy the HAC2, thanks!

Some quick specs:
AMD Athlon XP 2200+
1 GB DDR RAM
Sapphire Radeon 9600 PRO Atlantis 256 MB
Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 32-bit

Btcc22
March 26th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Feel free to post the files/screenshots; the more info you can provide, the better. :)

As a last resort, if you are willing, I could Teamviewer (https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows.aspx) with you and we could figure it out.

AxxO89
March 27th, 2013, 01:34 PM

Btcc22
March 27th, 2013, 02:36 PM
The problem would appear to be that HAC is using features that your CPU doesn't support; SSE2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2) to be precise. I'll release an update in the next couple of days to allow it to work with your machine.

Thanks for the images.

AxxO89
March 27th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Ah yeah I got it. That old CPU of mine (10 years old?), can't even run the newest versions of MATLAB for the same reason.
Thanks for looking into this, really appreciated

Cortexian
March 27th, 2013, 06:42 PM
HAC2 devs, I see your forums keep throwing up Bandwidth Limited Exceeded errors. Would you like forum hosting from me? I can give you FTP, MySQL, etc... You just need to point your forum.haloanticheat.com sub-domain to my server and you'll be good to go.

Also, I enabled MTV on the Lancers Edge servers. HAC2 users unite!

Btcc22
March 27th, 2013, 07:33 PM
HAC2 devs, I see your forums keep throwing up Bandwidth Limited Exceeded errors. Would you like forum hosting from me? I can give you FTP, MySQL, etc... You just need to point your forum.haloanticheat.com sub-domain to my server and you'll be good to go.

Also, I enabled MTV on the Lancers Edge servers. HAC2 users unite!

The forum had a nice spam attack that used up the meager amount of bandwidth I assigned to that account. There aren't any actual bandwidth issues, I just need to find a bit of time to sort it out and bump the cap up. Thanks for the offer though, appreciated. :)

Crenshaw
March 27th, 2013, 08:29 PM
cortexian can you give me an address to your halo pc/ce server(s), anyone.

Btcc22
March 27th, 2013, 08:39 PM
cortexian can you give me an address to your halo pc/ce server(s), anyone.

http://www.lancersedge.net/forum.php - right hand side.

Cortexian
March 28th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Yeah that.

Crenshaw
March 28th, 2013, 02:21 PM
http://www.lancersedge.net/forum.php - right hand side.

thank you.

KantIZBack
March 31st, 2013, 07:09 PM
Is there any plans for say, some sort of friend system that doesn't require any external program. I think a ingame friend system would be nice.

sanni
April 13th, 2013, 05:02 PM
can you make it so that when u use hac2 you can't phantom shoot anymore. just disable melee while in scope mode.

Jelly
April 13th, 2013, 10:13 PM
can you make it so that when u use hac2 you can't phantom shoot anymore. just disable melee while in scope mode.

actually i want to keep that in so i can get more shots and kills please

RadWolfie
April 20th, 2013, 11:48 PM
HAC 2 will offer server supported anticheat to both HPC and HCE. This means that for the first time, server administrators running SAPP* will be able to ensure a cheat-free experience by requiring all players in the server to be running HAC 2. Just to stress the point, there's no anticheat in the current build being provided for testing, so save the reverse engineering until later. ;)

*hopefully users of other server mods such as Phasor and Gandanur will be able to join in on the fun.

Very interesting app you made, since I noticed a friend of mine are using your's. As you point out "hopefully users of other server mods such as...", are you defining have the protocol of communication between server mod and your app? Also the third server mod in production is S-Ext which expand "Server Extension". So the complete list is SAPP, Phasor, Gandanur, and S-Ext.

RadWolfie
April 21st, 2013, 12:09 AM
Anticheat

I have heard of your app from a friend of mine. As for your app require such protocol communication in order to use with a server mod? Also for "hopefully users of other server mods...", there is fourth server mod called S-Ext which expand Server Extension. So it would be SAPP, Gandanur, Phasor, and S-Ext server mods.

sanni
June 8th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Bug Report: Is it possible that when one custom map mirror is down HAC2 doesn't try another mirror but displays some error message like "Invalid network address" instead?

Feature Suggestion: If I'm playing in a server and I press F5 to display my favorites and then I alt+# to join one but it's full, instead of waiting in the connect screen it would be nice if I could continue to play in the server I am currently in until the other server has cleared a slot for me.

Btcc22
June 8th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Bug Report

HAC 2's back-end monitors the status of the mirrors but it's possible for one to appear up but be inaccessible to the user, in which case it'll often display a message like that, yes. It's a rare problem but I'll see what I can do.

Feature Suggestion

Yeah, I suppose I can add this. I'll add it as an optional setting in the next update.

sehe
June 15th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Perhaps if I ask here you will fix this bug add this feature.
I have an SSD as a system drive, but my Halo CE is on an external drive.
HAC2 downloads and extract the maps to my C:\...\Documents\Halo CE\hac folder, which is not really good for the life of my SSD. :'( Also, HAC2 copy these maps to my maps folder at next start, so after a long session on a RealWorld (http://realworldce.com) CE map server, starting can take minutes.
As I already mentioned, you could just download the map files right to my maps folder if it have permission to write there. In additionally you could extract files into the memory instead of the drive to speed up the process like I does with Sapp. (If you worried about players with 64MB SDRAM you can just check if there is enough available).

Btcc22
June 15th, 2013, 09:27 AM
It's not going to do anything to your SSD but fine, next patch. ;)

Kornman00
June 15th, 2013, 12:32 PM
As long as you're using the game's profile configuration system to resolve your documents path, he should just be able to specify -profile to a folder on that external HDD, no updating needed

Btcc22
June 15th, 2013, 01:43 PM
It doesn't because I forgot about the -path option, having never used it. That's a good idea though and I'll probably make use of it in the future. At the moment it just assumes you're using the default Halo/Halo CE folders in My Games. It won't break if you're not but it's not optimal.

If you have admin rights, it'll move the maps to the proper maps folder to ensure they don't get put in the Virtual Store as with OS but it doesn't download there at the moment. I added the copying because I wanted to ensure the maps were fairly easy to locate and to try to avoid them being left hanging around if the player uninstalled. I don't know if there's any good solution to that problem without HAC having an uninstaller though, assuming the game doesn't delete the extra folders created in the profile directory.

As for downloading/decompressing in/to memory, since I forgot to address it in my last post, I don't think there's much point. Perhaps I'll try it when there's nothing more important to sort out.

sanni
June 21st, 2013, 03:59 AM
Feature request: When I press F5 to list my bookmarks I wanna see the ping of the server.

Crenshaw
June 21st, 2013, 05:58 AM
would be a nice feature to include. but i only bookmark low ping servers so i dont worry much.

Btcc22
June 21st, 2013, 08:27 AM
Feature request: When I press F5 to list my bookmarks I wanna see the ping of the server.

I'll see what I can do.

sanni
June 22nd, 2013, 03:45 AM
I have another feature request. It would be nice to have one button to enable/disable the devcam. Everytime I wanna use the devcam I can't remember the commands to activate it xD

Btcc22
June 26th, 2013, 09:58 AM
I have another feature request. It would be nice to have one button to enable/disable the devcam. Everytime I wanna use the devcam I can't remember the commands to activate it xD

Probably won't happen I'm afraid. The current situation with hotkeys is bad enough. I wrote the thing and even I make mistakes with or forget certain shortcuts. :(

Jazzyboy1
June 26th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Probably won't happen I'm afraid. The current situation with hotkeys is bad enough. I wrote the thing and even I make mistakes with or forget certain shortcuts. :(

You should remap them as variables and let users configure them.

I don't use half the shortcuts anyway, such as sightjacker which I never really need. So if I could just get rid of them, there'd be plenty of keys left for new functions.

Btcc22
June 27th, 2013, 02:41 PM
You should remap them as variables and let users configure them.

Yeah, that's always been the intention but there are higher priority tasks to take care of first.

YetiSnak
June 27th, 2013, 08:14 PM
couldn't you just make a devcam 1/0 command that calls the original command?

supersniper
June 28th, 2013, 06:49 AM
So I usually set my FOV with open sauce, and I realized HAC2 has a FOV modifier as well. Do these two sync? As in do they both read from the same spot or do I have to set them both as the same value? Also does HAC2 override OS or vice versa? I'm a little bit puzzled on this lol.

Btcc22
July 1st, 2013, 12:29 AM
So I usually set my FOV with open sauce, and I realized HAC2 has a FOV modifier as well. Do these two sync? As in do they both read from the same spot or do I have to set them both as the same value? Also does HAC2 override OS or vice versa? I'm a little bit puzzled on this lol.

I gave it a quick try and it seems they handle FoV adjustments in different ways so they won't play nicely together. It seemed easier to set the FoV via HAC 2 and then leave OS on the default setting.

HAC 2 has a second method for adjusting the FoV which I suspect is the way OS does it but I'd have to check their code.

sanni
July 23rd, 2013, 10:09 AM
So I'm trying out Windows 8.1 x64 right now and for some reason HAC2 won't launch until I install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). The x64 version of the C++ redist didn't fix the issue. Wierd but okay it runs now.
Just in case anyone else is retard enough to run Windows 8 (Spartan Assault *yay*)

Btcc22
July 23rd, 2013, 10:40 AM
So I'm trying out Windows 8.1 x64 right now and for some reason HAC2 won't launch until I install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). The x64 version of the C++ redist didn't fix the issue. Wierd but okay it runs now.
Just in case anyone else is retard enough to run Windows 8 (Spartan Assault *yay*)

Yeah, it's an x86 DLL so it needs the x86 redist. I should probably fix the post on the site so it isn't so misleading/wrong.

Aer
July 29th, 2013, 06:57 PM
the draw funtion is not working for me, i can reduce the poligons to show but when i try increase it nothing happens maybe im doing something wrong, i type
"draw 4096" in the console is a bug or just me using wrong the command?

Btcc22
July 29th, 2013, 07:40 PM
What map are you trying this on?

Aer
July 29th, 2013, 09:32 PM
in z_sanctuary_h2_pb2 and [h3]narrows but is the same for both

Btcc22
July 30th, 2013, 05:00 PM
I guess you're talking about the BSP poly limit fix rather than the draw distance. You'll need to use the 1.09 patch for now to get the benefit.

Aer
July 31st, 2013, 10:05 PM
that works thanks!!, but i have another issue with the multi team vehicle in some maps the mongoose don´t sync ([h3]_valhalla) all the players are using the hac2

Btcc22
August 1st, 2013, 08:52 AM
that works thanks!!, but i have another issue with the multi team vehicle in some maps the mongoose don´t sync ([h3]_valhalla) all the players are using the hac2

Hm, strange. The only time I've seen that happen is when they aren't using HAC 2.

Aer
August 1st, 2013, 09:26 PM
i tried once again in [h3style]containment and santrap_v1 in all happens the same, the mangoose don't sync (only the mangoose desync, works fine in the other vehicles) for the mtv maybe is the tag?

Cortexian
August 2nd, 2013, 12:21 AM
Your problem is in bold and underlined.

Jazzyboy1
August 7th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Your problem is in bold and underlined.

No, it's not.

I can run Halo, HAC and everything else I use just fine on Windows 8.

The issue sanni was having would have been evident on Windows 7 too since the x64 redist of Visual C++ is obviously not designed for x86 based applications.

Cortexian
August 14th, 2013, 04:42 AM
I don't think you understand how terrible 8 is.

Jazzyboy1
August 15th, 2013, 05:56 PM
I don't think you understand how terrible 8 is.

... I've been using it since the consumer preview last year.(on a desktop PC) I've had no issues. It's exceptionally stable. It's not terrible at all.

Apart from the Start Screen being difficult to get used to, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Windows 8.(and I got used to the Start Screen a long time ago. I couldn't go back to the old Start Menu now)

sanni
August 17th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Well this is a bit offtopic but at least Windows 8.1 is great, much better and faster than Windows 7. Even runs fast on really old or slow computers. Yes Metro sucks but there is more to Windows 8.1 than what meets the eye.

On the topic of HAC:
Would it be possible to cooperate with SAPP to make a command that tells server operators who uses HAC and who doesn't? Because sometimes I feel like playing a custom map on a server is a good idea but I can't be sure until I ask who has HAC and who doesn't which often results in responses like "puto bota hacer"

Kornman00
August 17th, 2013, 03:14 PM
bro, do you even HAC?

Btcc22
August 18th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Would it be possible to cooperate with SAPP to make a command that tells server operators who uses HAC and who doesn't?

That was going to come a bit later anyway but perhaps things can be sped up a bit. ;)

Crenshaw
August 30th, 2013, 02:55 AM
btcc22 i've been witnessing drastic headache with hac2 "loader.dll" most of the time when i join any server it completely shuts off connection access to the server and you see the connection icon pops up, then 2day when launching halo pc not ce, it tells me my game is corrupted and i should remove "X amount of maps" from my game or try reinstalling it. but then when i remove "loader.dll" everything works fine.

I dont have this error on halo ce.

Justice
August 30th, 2013, 04:27 AM
Hey my server dedicated crash when i put the hac2 and i dont have open sauce and my halo ce version is 1.00 so i dont know if is the version of my halo or what is the problem please tell me what's wrong

Dwood
August 30th, 2013, 10:33 AM
you need to use ver. 1.09 b/c HAC uses Open Sauce memory addresses, which are only for 1.09/1.08

YetiSnak
August 30th, 2013, 11:57 AM
you need to use ver. 1.09 b/c HAC uses Open Sauce memory addresses, which are only for 1.09/1.08
I thought hac was all versions because It sigscans for the addresses when halo loads. Am I wrong?

Btcc22
August 30th, 2013, 12:44 PM
I thought hac was all versions because It sigscans for the addresses when halo loads. Am I wrong?

Nope, you're right.

Edit: Investigated the crashing server. It was just a random freeze that couldn't be repeated. Nothing to do with HAC as it doesn't even get loaded into the server to begin with.

Crenshaw
September 4th, 2013, 03:10 PM
dude you need to fix the download server as i cant download the latest realease of hac2 2.09.

Btcc22
September 4th, 2013, 03:12 PM
It's your antivirus. Avast has just released an update that's started preventing HAC from running.

Edit: http://blog.haloanticheat.com/?p=120

Crenshaw
September 5th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Ok i figured it out yesterday as well when i disabled my anti-Virus. Thanks!!

NullZero
October 24th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Yo Btc, can I have some help with this:

I started to get this message tonight:
http://i.imgur.com/qJztib2.png

I have Bitdefender installed, that's all that's new these past few days. Firewall is not blocking it I don't think, as I turned it off.

Btcc22
October 24th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Yo Btc, can I have some help with this:

I started to get this message tonight:

I have Bitdefender installed, that's all that's new these past few days. Firewall is not blocking it I don't think, as I turned it off.

BitDefender is a pain. It appears to be blocking connections to the HAC update server. Try disabling it.

Which BitDefender product are you using?

Double edit: Released a small update to fix that crash and to provide slightly more helpful feedback when things do go wrong. See http://blog.haloanticheat.com/?p=146.

NullZero
October 24th, 2013, 08:22 PM
BitDefender is a pain. It appears to be blocking connections to the HAC update server. Try disabling it.

Which BitDefender product are you using?

Edit: It might not be blocking the connection, even though they've blacklisted the server for some reason, but rather messing around with the update it downloads as it tries to load it into Halo. That would seem to make the most sense if it only broke tonight, after the update.

I use Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 specifically. I sit behind a firewall here in uni too, which may be blocking any inbound or outbound ports that HAC uses. I noticed HAC using a 56xxx port - I assume that is the update port, instead of 80? That is probably getting blocked.

What ports, in addition to the ones in the OP, are used with HAC 2?

Edit: Was HAC 2 always looking for updates before today? If so, it can't be the uni firewall (unless they changed the system). All I can think of, is that bitdefender is filtering client.haloanticheat.com, but not sure.

I've installed the latest release, and can confirm I get the following:
http://i.imgur.com/12ouOb6.png

Btcc22
October 24th, 2013, 08:25 PM
I use Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 specifically. I sit behind a firewall here in uni too, which may be blocking any inbound or outbound ports that HAC uses. I noticed HAC using a 56xxx port - I assume that is the update port, instead of 80? That is probably getting blocked.

What ports, in addition to the ones in the OP, are used with HAC 2?

It uses port 80 for updates. The 56xxx port was probably the inbound port (will appear random).

Could you try updating to the newest loader.dll? Thanks.

Edit in response to your edit: HAC 2 checks for updates at every launch but this evening was the first time in a while that an update was released, so it's most likely BitDefender preventing it from downloading. I've checked and can confirm that it's causing problems with connecting to the server.

NullZero
October 24th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Have done so, in my edit above (I don't know if edits bump topics).

Btcc22
October 24th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Check my last edit. ;)

Are you able to try disabling BitDefender? I've made another quick change to the loader.dll, although it's not going to solve the problem, just be a bit more helpful in diagnosing it.

NullZero
October 24th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Check my last edit. ;)

Are you able to try disabling BitDefender? I've made another quick change to the loader.dll, although it's not going to solve the problem, just be a bit more helpful in diagnosing it.
I haven't tried the updated loader.dll, but I managed to fix it (I think). I believe it is BitDefender's anti-malware/phishing page block that is causing it. When I switched these off, I no longer get the error.
I looked through all my Bitdefender settings, but it seems that these option can only be accessed by visiting haloanticheat.com, and turning off the option there (when bitdefender tries to filter it). I can't believe this is the only way, so I will keep digging.

Edit: These have to be disabled:
http://i.imgur.com/v4rcEuZ.png

Btcc22
October 24th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Thanks for reporting back. Hopefully I can get it sorted but they don't seem to make it easy to get in touch.

sehe
October 28th, 2013, 03:56 PM
PLEASE HELP ME HAC2 NO WORK IT SAYS ERROR PLIZ HELP OMG PLZPLZPLZ

Btcc22
October 28th, 2013, 03:59 PM
PLEASE HELP ME HAC2 NO WORK IT SAYS ERROR PLIZ HELP OMG PLZPLZPLZ

Try recompiling it.

sehe
October 28th, 2013, 04:01 PM
OK THANK YOU I TRY RECOMPILE BUT NO WORKS I GET THIS ERROR:

no instance of overloaded function "std::map<_Kty, _Ty, _Pr, _Alloc>::insert [with _Kty=std::string, _Ty=std::set<std::wstring, WStringICmp, std::allocator<std::wstring>> *, _Pr=StringICmp, _Alloc=std::allocator<std::pair<const std::string, std::set<std::wstring, WStringICmp, std::allocator<std::wstring>> *>>]" matches the argument list argument types are: (std::pair<std::string, std::map<std::wstring, WStringICmp, std::less<std::wstring>, std::allocator<std::pair<const std::wstring, WStringICmp>>> *>) object type is: std::map<std::string, std::set<std::wstring, WStringICmp, std::allocator<std::wstring>> *, StringICmp, std::allocator<std::pair<const std::string, std::set<std::wstring, WStringICmp, std::allocator<std::wstring>> *>>>

CAN YOU HELP ME PLS

Btcc22
October 28th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Perhaps you deleted the CRT.

sehe
October 28th, 2013, 05:29 PM
You are right, I removed CRT, I doubt is the problem, since as I heard modern coders all do the same.
I tought is a virus so run I a virus scan and it says kernel32.dll is virus and I saw it already infected all my processes but luckily I able delete it.
Also while the virus scan running I google and it say STL error so I removed STL too and now I don't get this error anymore!

Edit: I REBOOTED MY PC AND NOW IT NO START, DO YOU KNOW WHY THIS HAPPENS PLS HELP OMG!!!!!!!!444négy

JuanDLC
October 28th, 2013, 05:46 PM
I have a request: Can I do the Spanish translation? it's not very accurate right now...

Btcc22
October 28th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Edit: I REBOOTED MY PC AND NOW IT NO START, DO YOU KNOW WHY THIS HAPPENS PLS HELP OMG!!!!!!!!444négy

Try installing Linux.

I have a request: Can I do the Spanish translation? it's not very accurate right now...

Sure, if you wish. Corrections are always welcome.

sehe
October 28th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Try installing Linux.

Not sure if I want, does linux use CRT? Also, does it has the native C interfaces that HAC2 needs because I heard Gandanur will need that to connect to Halo.

Btcc22
October 28th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Not sure if I want, does linux use CRT? Also, does it has the native C interfaces that HAC2 needs because I heard Gandanur will need that to connect to Halo.

:frogout:

JuanDLC
October 28th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Sure, if you wish. Corrections are always welcome.
I'm pretty good at it. I translated StormUndBlackbird's video, "The Relationship between Halomaps & "Latino Mappers"". So... how do I start? May I bother you asking if you could you send me the English text via PM?

Btcc22
October 28th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Consider it done. Give me five minutes.

Edit: Sent.

JuanDLC
October 28th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Done!

Btcc22
October 28th, 2013, 07:54 PM
That was fast, thanks! :)

JuanDLC
October 28th, 2013, 07:55 PM
No problem at all! Just give some credit :D

I actually lost some homework space, lol!

sanni
November 8th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Just a small suggestion: When you change your FOV it only states your horizontal FOV. It would be better if the vertical FOV would also be displayed.

Also hud and scope mask stretch, is there anything you can do to eliminate that? Could you just center the hud?

sehe
November 8th, 2013, 10:44 AM
HAC2 is a virus, it deletes random files from your tags folder, you think we forgot this? Well no!

Btcc22
November 9th, 2013, 12:26 AM
Just a small suggestion: When you change your FOV it only states your horizontal FOV. It would be better if the vertical FOV would also be displayed.

I don't really see the point in this so it's unlikely that I'll do it.

Also hud and scope mask stretch, is there anything you can do to eliminate that?

I wanted this to be in the last release but I didn't have the time to put the finishing touches on it. Hopefully for the next release. ;)

Could you just center the hud?

I could but I think it looks worse than the stretching. I'd rather spend a bit longer working on a better solution.

stunt_man
November 14th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Also hud and scope mask stretch, is there anything you can do to eliminate that?

I wanted this to be in the last release but I didn't have the time to put the finishing touches on it. Hopefully for the next release.

HUD scaling... I've been looking forward to the addition of this feature forever, can't wait :)

Also, BTCC22, quick question about map downloads/availability: do you guys just upload all new releases to your map downloads server? Or is there a selection process? Could you detail this?

I'm finishing up a custom map and I'm just wondering if/how long it would take to get on the auto-download server. I host a server and in messages directed to players I state that the server supports auto map downloads. And since I will put my map into the rotation when it is released, it would be nice to have it available for auto-download...

Btcc22
November 14th, 2013, 09:01 AM
All new releases are uploaded; just drop me a message and I'll get it sorted. I'd hoped to get a self-service system up and running by now but I haven't had the time to finish it.

stunt_man
November 14th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.

Also, I read hoboscience's post in the "Map List" replies on your page, and I too am wondering if future versions of a map could replace old versions? For example, if I release a beta this week, and the final next week, would I be able to get the beta removed?

Just wondering, trying not to be pushy here lol

EDIT: And is it still necessary to flush hac's cache when replacing a map file with a newer version that has the same name?

Btcc22
November 14th, 2013, 09:38 AM
For example, if I release a beta this week, and the final next week, would I be able to get the beta removed?

If you want, sure.

And is it still necessary to flush hac's cache when replacing a map file with a newer version that has the same name?

It is. I'd highly advise you to use a version number like Hoboscience has done with his map, though.

stunt_man
November 14th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Cool. You're doing some great work for the CE community :D

I'm guessing you check halomaps.org for new releases?

Btcc22
November 14th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Occasionally but I have a log of maps that people have attempted to download ingame that aren't available on the system. I go through it every couple of weeks and track as many of them down as I can.

Btcc22
December 28th, 2013, 02:12 PM
A new update, at long last.

Widescreen HUD Fix:
Rather than stretching, the game's HUD will now automatically resize to the correct proportions for your resolution's aspect ratio (e.g. 1920x1080, 16:9).
This feature is enabled by default but can be disabled with the console command 'hac_widescreen 0'.

http://blog.haloanticheat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/hudfix.jpg

Custom HUD Colours:
Pressing F9 will allow you to set custom colours for the HUD. Shift + F9 will reset the colours to their default values.When you press F9, you will be given instructions for adjusting the reticle colours, primary element colours, secondary element colours and tertiary element colours.

Reticle colours - Self-explanatory
Primary colours - Includes most of the UI such as your shield, health and ammo (the blue elements).
Secondary colours - Includes the depleted ammo/grenade indicators.
Tertiary colours - Includes flashing ammo/grenade/shield warnings.

The easiest way to figure it out is to play around with the values a bit and see what they affect.

stunt_man
December 28th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Amazing.

homebrued
January 3rd, 2014, 12:01 PM
To get Halo to run at 1920x1080 do you have to manually set in the target?

Btcc22
January 3rd, 2014, 04:07 PM
Yeah.

For now.

stunt_man
January 5th, 2014, 11:45 AM
What's the best way to contact you about bugs/feedback/suggestions? Right here? PM? Comments on http://blog.haloanticheat.com (http://blog.haloanticheat.com/)?

It would be great if we could have support for multiple mapvotes.txt and be able to reference them via rcon.

Also, I'm playing at 1920x1080 and the HUD scaling works, however it doesn't seem to scale correctly - reticles seem too squished (still much better than before). Is this because none of Halo's default resolutions are 16:9? And is there a workaround?

Btcc22
January 5th, 2014, 07:53 PM
What's the best way to contact you about bugs/feedback/suggestions? Right here? PM? Comments on http://blog.haloanticheat.com (http://blog.haloanticheat.com/)?

It would be great if we could have support for multiple mapvotes.txt and be able to reference them via rcon.

Also, I'm playing at 1920x1080 and the HUD scaling works, however it doesn't seem to scale correctly - reticles seem too squished (still much better than before). Is this because none of Halo's default resolutions are 16:9? And is there a workaround?

I use Xfire (same name) if that's of any help.

Could you take a screenshot of the squished reticles so I can investigate?

sanni
January 6th, 2014, 05:12 AM
Thank you btcc I like it very much :woop:

http://abload.de/img/output_ir5vrfwkuwl.gif

stunt_man
February 11th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Hi, sorry I haven't checked this thread in awhile. At second glance, I'm not sure if I'm just used to the stretched reticle, it might be okay after all.

I recently installed OS after someone told me that it works alright with HAC 2. Obviously, HUD scaling clashes but it's easy to disable it for one or the other. The main issue that I'm encountering is when HAC auto-downloads a map. The download/install process completes, but then Halo crashes with an error that states "[mapname].yelo could not be found/is corrupted" or something like that. Upon re-launching Halo, I am able to join the server and the map loads correctly.

Also, I don't know if you are planning any future updates, but it would be great if we could get a command to disable the chat text. There's an app for it, but for whatever reason it doesn't seem to work. I'm putting together a promo video for an upcoming map release and I'd like to get some flycam footage of actual gameplay, minus blaring white chat feed.

If there is another way to disable this (temporarily), I'm all ears.

Btcc22
February 11th, 2014, 11:34 AM
The problem with map downloads is caused by OS making the (reasonable) assumption that the game is loading the map from the default maps/ folder. When it isn't able to find the downloaded map in the default folder, it seems to assume you're trying to load a .yelo map and when it fails to find that too, it just forces the game to exit. I'll be adding a patch for this in the next update but hopefully I can talk Kornman into making a small change to OS so it'll use the actual path Halo is reading maps from.

For the second issue, go to your Halo(CE)/content folder. You'll see a bunch of xlog.ksml files, where x is your vertical resolution. Find the one that's the closest match, open it and change the number for left or top to some silly value. It'll reposition the chat somewhere off the screen.

stunt_man
February 11th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Thanks for clearing that up.

So, I take it you aren't planning on implementing a new console command to disable the chat?

Btcc22
February 11th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Can't say I had any plans but it wouldn't take much to do.

sanni
February 11th, 2014, 01:39 PM
You could uninstal MSXML Parser and SDK from within the control panel. Then you don't have any chat in Halo anymore. :-3

stunt_man
February 11th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Can't say I had any plans but it wouldn't take much to do.

Would be useful for Machinima and other filming purposes!

Dwood
February 20th, 2014, 06:37 PM
all halo apps need dogecoin integrations. i'd get back into playing if servers had a way to allow people to get dogecoin for winning.

mywarthog
February 20th, 2014, 07:02 PM
all halo apps need dogecoin integrations. i'd get back into playing if servers had a way to allow people to get dogecoin for winning.

There'd need to be a lot of work done to do this. Since it's almost like dealing with currency, you'd be getting into a lot of issues such as cheater prevention, admin abuse on servers, a need for more stability in servers, etc. I could picture this becoming an issue too, where maybe they would try and control Halo servers that this was utilized on. The idea of dogecoin is neat, but I don't think that Halo CE is a good choice of a platform for using it.

Anyways... about HAC... have you thought about creating a way to allow CE players to connect to PC servers? I'm sure that it would be possible somehow.

Btcc22
February 20th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Anyways... about HAC... have you thought about creating a way to allow CE players to connect to PC servers? I'm sure that it would be possible somehow.

Possible but there wouldn't be enough of a benefit to make it worth the effort.

mywarthog
February 20th, 2014, 09:30 PM
What about having server bookmarks attached to player profiles as opposed to having one global list? Or at least making it an option to do that? That way people can bookmark clan servers based on their profile, or even their own servers, instead of having to fit all of them on one profile.

Btw, I love your Netscape avatar. It was the best browser.

Btcc22
February 21st, 2014, 01:01 AM
What about having server bookmarks attached to player profiles as opposed to having one global list?

That's something I can look at. No guarantees though, there's a lot other work to be done to finish up the next release.

sanni
May 16th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Great work with the new Halo stuff, thank you very much, just one quick question about disabling scope blur. :-3

Please have a look at how clear the bridge is with disablealpharendertargets ...
http://i.imgur.com/OCC2Xs0.jpg

... and how blurry in comparison it is with hac2's method scope blur removal:
http://i.imgur.com/iLnkUOG.jpg

Maybe those white horizontal lines that aren't there with dart have something to do with it?

Can this be fixed? :neckbeard:

Thank you.

Btcc22
May 16th, 2014, 05:20 PM
I'll look into it but no promises!

Btcc22
May 28th, 2014, 03:50 AM
Since the last update, there's now a new chat system and medals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiDY2DzaIJQ

I should probably update the original post at some point.

Kornman00
May 28th, 2014, 06:14 AM
"Kill-oh-why-do-I-even-bother-anymore-KILLED-ALL-TEH-THINGS!"

Rentafence
May 28th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Ha that's awesome. I'm assuming it prevents the default killstreak announcements from getting played when it's enabled?

Btcc22
May 28th, 2014, 06:41 AM
It does, although it's up to the script to do it.

n00b1n8R
May 28th, 2014, 06:57 AM
Trying this out while OS doesn't support the new version. Pretty sure that my server browser isn't showing all versions (25ish players online with 25 pages??) unless halo has literally died.

Btcc22
May 28th, 2014, 07:05 AM
1.10 is pretty empty at the moment since most players still haven't made the switch. I can see ~120 players online at the moment and it hit ~1000 at peak (with ~2000 reported on 1.09 and below).

As a note, you can use this with OS on 1.09, although it's going to need a patched exe pretty soon.

Amit
May 28th, 2014, 07:14 AM
You may want to mention on the changelog page that you need to download the pack ZIPs directly to the packs folder and not extract them individually the way I initially did lol.

Btcc22
May 28th, 2014, 07:25 AM
You may want to mention on the changelog page that you need to download the pack ZIPs directly to the packs folder and not extract them individually the way I initially did lol.

Edited the post to make it clear, thanks.

Amit
May 28th, 2014, 04:20 PM
The Halo 4 medals look the best, but the Halo 3 announcer sounds the best. The Halo 4 announcer is so quiet. I guess I'll have to swap around some audio files, but I suspect not all of them will scale to Halo 4. Oh well, some are better than none.

EDIT: Upon inspecting the lua files and audio files, it appears that there are medals in the Halo Reach folder that did not carry over to Halo 4. I assume that is because Halo 4 never used them? I guess I'll be making my own custom pack out of these to include them, even if the style of the images are mismatched. Thanks for the template packs.

Btcc22
May 29th, 2014, 12:27 AM
No problem. I'll adjust all three to try to bring them in line with the Halo 1 announcer. As a note, the volume is tied to the game's master volume control.

The Halo 4 pack has all of the medals that were included in the Reach pack with the exception of perfection (it's a commendation, although you could script that in). I see that I accidentally left in a couple of test images though. :golfclap:

t3h m00kz
May 29th, 2014, 02:56 AM
I noticed a "Headshot" medal in the H4 pack that was never called in the script.

Assuming detecting the user getting a headshot is currently not possible?

Can't wait to see the documentation

stunt_man
May 29th, 2014, 02:27 PM
I noticed a "Headshot" medal in the H4 pack that was never called in the script.

Assuming detecting the user getting a headshot is currently not possible?

Can't wait to see the documentation

I also am wondering about headshot medals. Would be a great indicator, seeing as it's hard to tell sometimes if the killing shot was to the head.

Rentafence
May 29th, 2014, 03:11 PM
I feel like headshots are something the server would know about but the client wouldn't.

t3h m00kz
May 29th, 2014, 03:58 PM
yeah I'm not too concerned about detecting headshots for now. Would be nice, but I'd imagine it'd be difficult to detect. Maybe if it detects the headshot death animation playing on the victim from the client's end?

I'm honestly surprised and fairly delighted that at the ability to detect other players' sprees for the Killjoy medal. I didn't expect that!!

Jelly
May 29th, 2014, 04:24 PM
could you do a custom chat without the new line animation?

Rentafence
May 29th, 2014, 05:56 PM
yeah I'm not too concerned about detecting headshots for now. Would be nice, but I'd imagine it'd be difficult to detect. Maybe if it detects the headshot death animation playing on the victim from the client's end?

I'm honestly surprised and fairly delighted that at the ability to detect other players' sprees for the Killjoy medal. I didn't expect that!!

All it would have to do is look at the score list to compare deaths and kills...

t3h m00kz
May 29th, 2014, 06:30 PM
oh right LOL

Kornman00
May 29th, 2014, 07:36 PM
All it would have to do is look at the score list to compare deaths and kills...
The score list doesn't say how many kills a player has performed since they last respawned. That is only tracked internally in the player's game state data.

Rentafence
May 29th, 2014, 07:45 PM
The score list doesn't say how many kills a player has performed since they last respawned. That is only tracked internally in the player's game state data.

If the scoreboard says player A has 3 kills and 6 deaths, and then later says player A has 8 kills and 6 deaths, then obviously they had 5 kills in a row without dieing.

Amit
May 29th, 2014, 09:12 PM
I've seen some servers spew out: "PlayerA's spree was ended by PlayerB". So there is some way they are tracking it.

Donut
May 29th, 2014, 09:42 PM
There's "killing spree" and "running riot", so the game itself tracks it anyway. I can't imagine it would be too hard to internally keep track of kills each player has in a row. Increment the counter every time they get a kill, set it to 0 every time they die. Seems easy enough.

E: you'd need to keep track of that in real time though, because Halo is not a zero-sum game. You cannot just use the kills and deaths of each player on the scoreboard because players can join, leave, and kill themselves at any point in time.

urbanyoung
May 29th, 2014, 09:43 PM
If the scoreboard says player A has 3 kills and 6 deaths, and then later says player A has 8 kills and 6 deaths, then obviously they had 5 kills in a row without dieing.

And when you join a server in the middle of somebody's spree? You can't infer anything other than what you see; I assume that was his point.

Kornman00
May 30th, 2014, 02:29 AM
"Obviously", assuming there was something in the game's scoreboard tracking the fact that hey, five kills ago they were still at 6 deaths. But again the game's scoreboard doesn't track that. There's no 4th dimension to the stock stats. However, as others have pointed out, part of the game does track the killing spree of players (stored in the same game state as the player's name, speed, etc). I'm assuming this is what Btc exposes to the scripts. So what was to m00k's surprise would have no relation to just "look at the score list to compare deaths and kills". That was my overall point.

I don't know if Btc's system handles players leaving then rejoining. If he uses the method we discussed a while ago (keeping a copy of the relevant game state instead of referencing it directly in the scripts) then he could 'easily' cache old player information for later. However, leaving should still count as a silent death to the game engine, and in any case should reset any spree they had at the time.

Rentafence
May 30th, 2014, 01:52 PM
"Obviously", assuming there was something in the game's scoreboard tracking the fact that hey, five kills ago they were still at 6 deaths. But again the game's scoreboard doesn't track that. There's no 4th dimension to the stock stats. However, as others have pointed out, part of the game does track the killing spree of players (stored in the same game state as the player's name, speed, etc). I'm assuming this is what Btc exposes to the scripts. So what was to m00k's surprise would have no relation to just "look at the score list to compare deaths and kills". That was my overall point.

I don't know if Btc's system handles players leaving then rejoining. If he uses the method we discussed a while ago (keeping a copy of the relevant game state instead of referencing it directly in the scripts) then he could 'easily' cache old player information for later. However, leaving should still count as a silent death to the game engine, and in any case should reset any spree they had at the time.

You're right. Please forgive me I was drinking and was being a rudeass.

t3h m00kz
May 30th, 2014, 03:26 PM
I'd need to look at it again but I believe the script actually increments the value on variables and detects streaks off of those.

spree = spree + 1
deathspree = deathspree + 1

That kind of stuff. Not certain if player state data is used, I haven't dissected the scripts enough to tell.

mywarthog
June 26th, 2014, 06:32 PM
When the feature to require HAC2 in a server is released, will there be an option to disable checking the cheaters ban list? I'd like to have HAC2 required for my custom map servers for both the downloading aspect and the draw distance aspect, but I absolutely hate using global ban lists on my servers. I prefer complete control of who can and who can not play on my servers.

I'm not supporting cheaters by any means, but I just don't want something on my server that I have no control over. (I always disable VAC in my Steam servers for this very reason).

Spartacus
July 12th, 2014, 04:22 AM
Hello - - - >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUfS1hHzFKY <<< - - -... i found this if helps to bring more medals and announcements , i tried myself , but i don't know where i'm doing it wrong.... i replace the sounds and images , also add new ones :-3.... after archive them... i put them here C:\Documents and Settings\DJ\My Documents\My Games\Halo CE\hac\packs .... try to load .....unable to load optic pack.. i can't find a tutorial... so good luck with this , and bring more badass multiplayer action :realsmug:.

Rentafence
July 12th, 2014, 02:23 PM
You need a LUA script to go along with it. You can't just add images and sounds to an archive by themselves and expect it to work.

t3h m00kz
July 13th, 2014, 04:01 AM
The documentation has not yet been released.

Your best bet is looking at the files inside of the zip files, making a copy of your own, and figuring out how they work. It's fairly simple to understand if you have any scripting knowledge at all.

Spartacus
July 13th, 2014, 05:34 AM
Yeah... i'll learn more about LUA and scripting , and see what comes out :raise: , thanks for the quick answers.

mywarthog
July 13th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Another feature request...

What about something where SAPP Server owners can set an IP Address of a TeamSpeak, Mumble, and/or a Ventrillo server, and HAC2 can automatically connect to the servers, as well as optionally automatically go to a specific channel on those servers as well?

Btcc22
July 13th, 2014, 01:21 PM
That's already partially implemented but I'm not sure whether it'll end up being released. Teamspeak has an SDK that would allow for integration with Halo but it'd bloat the HAC client too much.

mywarthog
July 13th, 2014, 02:15 PM
That's already partially implemented but I'm not sure whether it'll end up being released. Teamspeak has an SDK that would allow for integration with Halo but it'd bloat the HAC client too much.

I'm assuming then that that'd be the same case for Vent and Mumble, then?

Btcc22
July 13th, 2014, 02:55 PM
The initial work was getting Teamspeak and Ventrilo to launch in the background upon joining a game with an associated VoIP server. I didn't look into Mumble, although I can't imagine there being much of an issue getting it to work in the same way.

sanni
July 22nd, 2014, 08:51 AM
Quick question:

I got 11ms ping to the server I usually play on and since the server has sapp's custom thread cycle enabled I get out of sync* alot.

I recon that the halo client should know whether it's in sync or not because the packets from the server probably stop coming in or something like that when the sync is lost.

So here is my question:

Could you please build me a debug version of hac2 that maybe tells me everytime I receive whatever information is send from the server to update my clients position?
So that I would know, when those packets stop getting in, I am out of sync.
Ofc the other way around would be ok too, that it just says "You're out of sync" whenever the client doesn't receive any updates from the server anymore.

*Basicly I walk around in the map but I can't pick-up anything nor can I shoot anyone or get in vehicles and about 30 seconds later my client syncs with the server again and I get warped to the place the server thinks I am.
The thing that is a little bit frustrating is that unless I try to pick something up I don't actually know if I am in sync with the server or not.
It doesn't happen on servers where I got 24ms or higher. Just with the very low ping servers.

mywarthog
August 9th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Critical Bug: When SJing a player, if the target is killed, HAC2 jumps to a random player on its own without warning or displaying that it is.

Proof:
http://social.xfire.com/video/62ac8a

t3h m00kz
October 28th, 2014, 07:02 PM
documentation ever get released? :downs:

Critical Bug: When SJing a player, if the target is killed, HAC2 jumps to a random player on its own without warning or displaying that it is.

Proof:
http://social.xfire.com/video/62ac8a

critical is arguable.. it's annoying yes, but I wouldn't say an absolute must fix. It's not like it crashes the game

tuscany1
November 29th, 2014, 04:59 PM
This looks awesome. I'm so happy to see that there is still a somewhat active community that supports Halo PC/CE. Currently planning to put together some new servers and cannot wait to put these tools to work!

Rosco
February 7th, 2015, 04:14 AM
buuuump

whats happened to the hac2 :(

InnerGoat
February 7th, 2015, 12:08 PM
a certain someone in #modacity has no time to fix thing so deal with it :(

Cortexian
February 9th, 2015, 06:03 PM
please fix hax2 website i needed it on the weekend and had to get tnaass to send me his copy

Btcc22
February 9th, 2015, 07:42 PM
HAC has had some problems with a third-party server that decided to disappear from the Internet for several days. I did what I could restore services (the server actually used for HAC was still available) but the changes took a while to take effect.

The site is still unavailable apart from a temporary message but HAC itself should be working normally. The updater should have started working ~8 hours after the initial outage and the map downloading service was restored for everybody on Sunday.

It's not acceptable (or intended) for the updater to cause the game to fail to work when run in fullscreen mode. There's an overhaul of loader.dll in the works but it could be a few more weeks until it's ready. There are also changes to the map downloading service in the pipeline.

If you're still having issues, let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

</copypaste>

TL;DR - servers relied on a single third-party server that was being used for DNS records and that server fell over, bringing everything else down catastrophically. The code in loader.dll is bad and is being overhauled.

Cortexian
February 10th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Any chance you can add some kind of an option for server owners to host their own maps repository for the maps they use on their server(s)? Would take some strain off you needing to provide the files and keep the map files up to date.

Seems like a win-win IMO.

Btcc22
February 10th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Any chance you can add some kind of an option for server owners to host their own maps repository for the maps they use on their server(s)? Would take some strain off you needing to provide the files and keep the map files up to date.

Seems like a win-win IMO.

This is in the works, although the intention is to only use self-hosted map repos if the map isn't available via HAC's own system. I don't want servers to host modded maps that use existing names because it'd end up causing checksum problems with other servers.

Cortexian
February 10th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Can it check the checksum against what the client currently has? If it's the same don't download, if it's different re-download?

Btcc22
February 10th, 2015, 05:40 PM
Not without the self-hosted map repos having some kind of script. The plan is to just allow server operators to use SAPP or Phasor to add an extra key to the server's query response with the address of a map folder. If HAC can't find the map on its own system, it'll look in the server's folder instead.

Cortexian
February 10th, 2015, 05:45 PM
Ah OK. That works I suppose.

Would maps just be distributed via HTTP or is there some internal protocol? AKA would servers need to run a web server with a publicly accessible maps folder somewhere?

Btcc22
February 10th, 2015, 05:58 PM
Just HTTP, nothing fancy.

If admins wanted, they could allow access based on HAC2's user agent to stop casual leeching. The folder doesn't need a public listing, maps will be requested directly by name.

arbiter901
February 10th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Map downloading isn't working (checked a few min ago) and hac download page shows 404.

Btcc22
February 10th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Map downloading isn't working (checked a few min ago) and hac download page shows 404.

Thanks for the heads up. All repaired, again.

arbiter901
February 12th, 2015, 07:16 PM
Anyone else getting random exceptions?

Btcc22
February 12th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Anyone else getting random exceptions?

Strange. HAC hasn't been updated for several months so nothing should have changed.

arbiter901
February 12th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Could of been the zombie server I've been playing om then. I'll play on different servers and see.
I have no other modifications installed so it is strange.

stunt_man
February 13th, 2015, 06:10 PM
blog.haloanticheat.com gives me:

Error establishing a database connection

I was checking to see if you added a feature to toggle the chat :P

Spartan314
February 14th, 2015, 06:38 PM
Hey, I'm sorry if this has already been addressed, but is it possible to direct HAC to download to the Halo Custom Edition\maps folder instead of the folder created in My Games\Halo CE\hac\maps?

Btcc22
February 14th, 2015, 10:37 PM
blog.haloanticheat.com gives me:

Error establishing a database connection

I was checking to see if you added a feature to toggle the chat :P

On it. :)

Hey, I'm sorry if this has already been addressed, but is it possible to direct HAC to download to the Halo Custom Edition\maps folder instead of the folder created in My Games\Halo CE\hac\maps?

Afraid not. The best you can do is run the game as admin and it'll move the maps from hac\maps to your game's maps folder. It works the way it does because you can't write to Program Files without admin permissions, unless you want the maps to end up being saved somewhere where nobody can find them (Virtual Store folder, like OpenSauce does).