PDA

View Full Version : Teamspeak or H2V-Speak

{XF}Lowsy
May 16th, 2007, 08:17 AM
So what I'm wondering about is will we have to pick one or the other? I'm in a clan and so Teamspeak with the clan whether we're in the same match or not, is what I'm after. Hell, some of the clan won't even have vista nor the game right away.

We know H2V has the voice features, but can they be shut off, so TS can work?

Anybody else wondering about this?

{MMT} Pope
May 16th, 2007, 08:40 AM
So what I'm wondering about is will we have to pick one or the other? I'm in a clan and so Teamspeak with the clan whether we're in the same match or not, is what I'm after. Hell, some of the clan won't even have vista nor the game right away.

We know H2V has the voice features, but can they be shut off, so TS can work?

Anybody else wondering about this?

well im sure it can be shut off so you can talk in teamspeak but you can also text talk in h2v.

kungpow
May 16th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Ventrilo imo

{XF}Lowsy
May 16th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Never heard of that one.. Any body else using that? (Although, I still want answers to my original post). And yes, I understand I'm asking questions about a game that is not out yet... sigh

xExus
May 16th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Never heard of Ventrilo?You and your friends should try it.
It's kinda big in its business if you know what I mean..

And I think I will use the H2V option since I will maybe buy a 360 controller with the headset to it as well.

PTS
May 16th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Teamspeak 2 is better than Ventrilo but that's my opinion.

Anyway to answer the topic, I'm sure they will have ways of disabling the voice chat options in-game so you won't have to hear it and still be able to use TS.

Zeph
May 16th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Why would you want to use an ingame client when you have access to TS? Besides, its just wonderful not being able to talk when you're dead in H2.

Teroh
May 16th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Ventrilo > Teamspeak > Ingame VC program

MissnL1nK
May 17th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Ventrilo > Teamspeak > Ingame VC program

This man tells the truth.

Limited
May 17th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Teamspeak > Vent

Vent you need to set up a name, a server name server IP. Under each "alias" you want to call yourself. Its a pain in the ass.

Teamspeak, just use quick connect, slap in the IP, slap in your name and click connect.

You cant private message any on in vent, you can only go into the global chat.

I'm pretty sure H2V will use the LIVE capabitlies to talk to your mates.

MissnL1nK
May 17th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Vent sounds 10x better than Teamspeak ever dreamed of.

HMReaper
May 17th, 2007, 01:56 PM
I use them all.. i like to trash talk ingame and i talk to my team at the same time so ill probably use both at the same time

WolfenRage
May 18th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Does Halo Vista use proximity voice? Just like the xbox version?
Also Having Ventrillo would be give you an advantage being able to talk to your teamates at all times. My keyboard has so many extra keys on the side I have a ventrillo,teamspeak,and ingame voice button on the side near each other. Also from experience Ventrillo is better than teamspeak

Syuusuke
May 19th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Almost everything in Halo 2 Xbox is at Halo 2 Vista (almost, the things that are limited are a disappointment.)