PDA

View Full Version : H2V A Farewell: H2V Game Night.

DarkHalo003
January 18th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Hey guys. It's sad that the scenario has come to this, so let's give this game some farewell love and organize a game night. Moose and Resinball can better organize this than myself if they want to, but for the sake of information I'm just posting to get it all started. In the poll are listed times consistent with that of past game nights. The date will be settled in this thread.

Day of the Week:
-Thursday - 0

-Friday - 0

-Saturday - 1

-Sunday - 0

Date: TBA

Custom Maps: TBA

Because H2V does have custom MP maps, it's fair to give them a shot and not just classic Halo 2 MP Maps. Please give proper suggestions and leave any bile out of this thread. Thank you in advance. If anyone would like to offer helping or host a good server to use for the sake of the Farewell Gamenight, definitely say so in this thread. Once again, do not bring toxicity into this thread.

n00b1n8R
January 18th, 2013, 10:52 AM
As somebody who's never played H2V online, what's happend that "it's come to this" and this game night is a farewell? :S

DarkHalo003
January 18th, 2013, 10:54 AM
As somebody who's never played H2V online, what's happend that "it's come to this" and this game night is a farewell? :S
If you seriously don't know, H2V MP is being taken offline officially as the servers expire February 15th. If you know and are just be sarcastic, please stop while you're ahead.

Pyong Kawaguchi
January 18th, 2013, 12:30 PM
I would join but the game refuses to install.

DarkHalo003
January 18th, 2013, 02:08 PM
I would join but the game refuses to install.
I wish I could help. My game installed flawlessly and is the smoothest on my computer. Try searching around for why that may be?

BobtheGreatII
January 18th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Is it true that direct IP will still work even after the servers shut down?

Edit: Also this sounds fun to me, just not sure what time would be best, so you guys decide.

DarkHalo003
January 18th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Is it true that direct IP will still work even after the servers shut down?

Edit: Also this sounds fun to me, just not sure what time would be best, so you guys decide.
From what I understand, only LAN will work.

t3h m00kz
January 18th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Hamachi 2 Vista

DarkHalo003
January 18th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Okay guys, let's plan a date for this. The servers close on February 15th. I'd like to get this done before then. Heck, we could do this multiple times before then. Please do not forget to vote in the poll for what time works best.

What day of the week is best for everyone? Let's start there.

Pooky
January 18th, 2013, 06:06 PM
From what I understand, only LAN will work.

I don't see any reason why direct IP wouldn't work. It's my understanding that all they're doing is taking down the master server.

That said, I would attend a game night but I really don't give a fuck about this game.

Amit
January 18th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Hamachi 2 Vista

Haha, the legacy lives.

Seriously, though, if you've never tried H2V online, you should. It's slightly more fun than CoD for a few minutes. Btw, there are ways to play on LIVE without buying the game. Just sayin'

Pyong Kawaguchi
January 19th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Haha, the legacy lives.

Seriously, though, if you've never tried H2V online, you should. It's slightly more fun than CoD for a few minutes. Btw, there are ways to play on LIVE without buying the game. Just sayin'

*loud cough*

Cortexian
January 20th, 2013, 02:21 AM
Someone created a Halo CE/PC master server alternative when there were rumors that those master servers were going to be shut down.

What is preventing the modding community for H2V from doing the same?

DarkHalo003
January 20th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Someone created a Halo CE/PC master server alternative when there were rumors that those master servers were going to be shut down.

What is preventing the modding community for H2V from doing the same?
Microsoft, apparently.

Guys, as much as I love to see the reminiscent discussions, I'd really like to keep this thread prioritized for the gaming night. This site has a terrible track at consistently keeping scheduled events from coming to fruition. So far by only 4 votes we have 10PM EST/7PM PST working best for everyone. I know more than 4 people including myself post here and play this game, so please vote.

Even more so we don't have a date or desired day of the week to do this. I WILL update the OP when I tally the preferred day. On top of that, I NEED custom map votes and nominations for this. This information is vital for the game-night's server (whoever ends up running it) and I'd really like it if we settled at least on a day of the week before January ends.

supersniper
January 24th, 2013, 10:35 PM

What is preventing the modding community for H2V from doing the same?Xlive.dll and Halo 2 itself is preventing us. We cannot debug halo2 or h2server for more than around 3 minutes without it crashing on us. It's a bitch with all is debugger checks and xlive anticheat protocols. We've been able to null out some of them but removing them all is close to impossible. Not to mention they have a security catalog file that associates themselves with the executable so if there is a difference the game will not run.

Patrickssj6
January 24th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Simply just host redirect

as far as mimicking the master server, korn prob has the protocols figured out

KantIZBack
January 24th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Well, if korn does have that it would be appreciated if it was shared or that he did something. As of now all i have found is where it stores the info of the server you are about to join, and changing that works. But it's nearly impossible to debug the game to trace the procedures.