PDA

View Full Version : Just out of curiosity.

KantIZBack
April 21st, 2013, 08:11 PM
If the custom content restrictions were removed from H2V, how many would try to move back to it.

ThePlague
April 21st, 2013, 09:08 PM
Me.

Kornman00
April 21st, 2013, 09:30 PM
H2V, how many would try to move back to it.
Moving back to X would require that people were at X at one point to begin with :mech2:

KantIZBack
April 21st, 2013, 09:43 PM
I'm just asking cause I've been working on a little something something

:mech2:

Btcc22
April 22nd, 2013, 04:16 AM
To paraphrase Kornman, the game was always dead. There's absolutely nothing that can be done for it.

Rosco
April 23rd, 2013, 03:26 PM
it would be cool to see what sort of potential the game would have with custom content.. though bare in mind custom edition is pretty much just stock maps now too.. might do it some good if it appears on steam like we thought it might

Elite051
April 23rd, 2013, 08:28 PM
To paraphrase Kornman, the game was always dead. There's absolutely nothing that can be done for it.

I believe stillborn is an appropriate metaphor. The port was utter garbage right from the get-go.

That said, if you actually have a way to fix it, I'm all ears.

KantIZBack
April 25th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Custom content bypassing has been around for awhile via other methods, but there is finally a way to patch it perm.

Elite051
April 25th, 2013, 09:20 PM
With your proposed solution, what level of freedom might we see? Are we talking HEK+, or a slightly more open Halo 2 map editor?

KantIZBack
April 26th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Well there has been a unlocked editing kit for awhile now (since 2008?), the problem was the game wouldn't let you load any of that content it would just skip that map. The fix however bypasses that function and allows it to load it, thus removing restrictions.

ODX
April 26th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Because now instead of being 12+ years behind in engine tech, we would move 3 years up to being just 9 years behind in engine tech!

I feel like H2V is a lost dead terribly mutilated pile of...whatever. Halo CE is simply much more accesable to people, and has way more tools and experience learned to it. Maybe Halo 2 could be learned and enjoyed, but I don't quite see it.

Kornman00
April 26th, 2013, 09:57 PM
H2Tool's render model import code isn't included and the animation import implementation code needs a wrapper before it can be used. Not much is going to happen with those two MIA.

Cloud
June 15th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Halo CE being basically free and can run on basically anything these days thats why its so apparent. H2V is a resource hog for how much its actually running from what I see. Also the fact that you need a live key to play it and still have to pay for it. Its a good game but it was ran by the wrong people. Now if we had someone that even remotely cared for the game running it would be much better.

supersniper
June 17th, 2013, 06:03 AM
H2Tool's render model import code isn't included and the animation import implementation code needs a wrapper before it can be used. Not much is going to happen with those two MIA.Would it be hard to "recreate" these? I would love to see H2v be reborn in our own image. If the servers end up getting shut down sometime after June. I will try to get a small team together to redirect the browser list and create it in our own way. the right way.