PDA

View Full Version : Aussie? Have H2V? Like h4x? Read

Kornman00
May 18th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Do you match these questions? Or do you have the tool kit even? If so...

Send me the tools (even just the exe files) and you can get our own build of the unlocked tool set once I finish it. Remember, they won't be made public this time around as all my research goes to the development of Prom (http://halodev.org) (which is better in the long run for you guys, trust me :p)

Any takers?

SMASH
May 18th, 2007, 04:36 PM
:(. Now i wish i was Aussie... come on, you're not going to publicly release the unlocked tool set?

Zeph
May 18th, 2007, 04:41 PM
:(. Now i wish i was Aussie... come on, you're not going to publicly release the unlocked tool set?

Remember, they won't be made public this time around as all my research goes to the development of Prom

StankBacon
May 18th, 2007, 04:57 PM
pfft, we are more important than prom.

:D

Kornman00
May 18th, 2007, 04:58 PM
i see jfapin'

{XF}Lowsy
May 18th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Hey, just fly down there and get your own copy...

Dahaloman
May 18th, 2007, 06:12 PM
I'll try and do it tonight, Kornnnnnn

Syuusuke
May 18th, 2007, 06:13 PM
By the time he goes down there and gets his own copy, it'll be released here! (assuming)

Kornman00
May 19th, 2007, 10:54 AM
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/5752/newtagyt1.png

Took me an hour. I lol'd.

InnerGoat
May 19th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Stinkin hackers. :D

Snaver
May 19th, 2007, 11:00 AM
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/5752/newtagyt1.png

Took me an hour. I lol'd.

h4x, will we see a release for this basic stuff that's been unlocked? I know you said you wouldn't.

ejburke
May 19th, 2007, 11:06 AM
So, you had to unlock that in the "New Tag" menu? Does that mean that we don't have access to the existing Spartan/Elite biped tags and couldn't just copy/paste them to create new ones? I just can't understand why they locked this stuff.

Snaver
May 19th, 2007, 11:08 AM
So, you had to unlock that in the "New Tag" menu? Does that mean that we don't have access to the existing Spartan/Elite biped tags and couldn't just copy/paste them to create new ones? I just can't understand why they locked this stuff.

Apparently the only tags that are editable/creatable are bitmaps, scenarios, shaders, bsps and sky..

ejburke
May 19th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Ugh.

Was Nitrous outright lying to us or what? This is balls.

What's the ETA on removing all the bondage and ball gags from the Editing Kit and extracting the existing tags so we can, like, use them?

Masterz1337
May 19th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Apparently the only tags that are editable/creatable are bitmaps, scenarios, shaders, bsps and sky..
You can also edit shader templates, unicode strings (they can now be edited inside the editor, for the level description). Few others as well. Crates and Scenery. All the important stuff like weapons, HUDs, Effects, Particles, Damage effects are unusable.

Hurrvish
May 19th, 2007, 11:31 AM
even though i dont make ce maps, i can say this is entire bullshit

Con
May 19th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Remember, they won't be made public this time around as all my research goes to the development of Prom (http://halodev.org) (which is better in the long run for you guys, trust me :p)

Sounds like someones sold their soooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuul.............

StankBacon
May 19th, 2007, 11:40 AM
id rather have unlocked h2ek than prom.

(which is never coming out anyway)

ejburke
May 19th, 2007, 11:46 AM
I've already built a new computer. I may as well buy the game and see for myself how borked it is. But fuck this. I'm probably taking my projects back to CE until this mess gets sorted out.

By the way, is the new file format really open and documented as they said it would be? If so, what is it capable of (animations, rigged/weighted models, etc)? If they just gave us some gimped intermediary format, then that's the last straw.

Kornman00
May 19th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Ugh.

Was Nitrous outright lying to us or what? This is balls.
1) He wasn't lying to us, what can be done with a retail EK is pretty awesome, just you have to regurgitate resources :/

2) I didn't sell my soul. If I did, I wouldn't be on these forums, nor posting updates ;p

3) I plan to see prom through. If I don't help them, it probably won't be released until after bungie's next big game (well, maybe its sequel, seeing how bungie is high-speed with their development process)

4) They formated the ASS file so people can make exporters for maya, milkshape, gmax, etc

ejburke
May 19th, 2007, 12:28 PM
1) He wasn't lying to us, what can be done with a retail EK is pretty awesome, just you have to regurgitate resources :

Regurgitate resources? Could you clarify, please?

It sounds to me like all they want us to be able to do is make maps. I was content with that when CE started, but not anymore. It seems like a creative setback.

I'm also worried about whether or not their cache files are designed to be self-contained, so even if we hack and unlock everything, how much is hardcoded to be referenced from a global map file and therefore locked down permanently?

3) I plan to see prom through. If I don't help them, it probably won't be released until after bungie's next big game (well, maybe its sequel, seeing how bungie is high-speed with their development process)

I hope you guys have a reasonable development plan, ie. 'Prom 1.0 will be released after X features have been implemented'. Bungie's technology is a singularity that you'll never be able to reach, so I hope that's not even a goal of the team.

4) They formated the ASS file so people can make exporters for maya, milkshape, gmax, etc

But does it transport data other than BSP's?

Kornman00
May 19th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Meaning reuse supplied tags.

I'm pretty sure they didn't take the time to force tool to only use pre-existing resources in the shared cache files...or else nitro's stuff he wants to release would all be standard maps :/

I'm not apart of the actual programming of prom (not after I left). I only old a "researcher" title. Not by choice, and no I don't like that fact, but I do my part.

ASS is only for level geometry.

leorimolo
May 19th, 2007, 12:39 PM
wait, you already haxed it? holy shit that was fast....

mined
May 19th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Meaning reuse supplied tags.

How does this affect using device machine tags? Also, shoes?

ejburke
May 19th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Maybe I will do a H2V project. It'll be a little room with the bipeds and weapons I wanted to make on display (as part of the BSP, how else would I do it? :p ) along with miniature dioramas of the maps I have planned.

And then if you look up at the sky, there's a big frowny face, with rain coming down as tears. If the rain thing is even possible. ::sigh;;

Amit
May 19th, 2007, 02:23 PM
lol, rain was very possible in Halo PC/CE but u needed to do some hex editing. I dunno if this is possible with halo 2

Patrickssj6
May 19th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Are those features only disabled or incomplete?

If it's not major stuff I'm going to give it a try myself.

Neuro Guro
May 20th, 2007, 12:27 AM
lol, rain was very possible in Halo PC/CE but u needed to do some hex editing. I dunno if this is possible with halo 2

There have already been mods for H2X that have rain. So yeah I suppose its possable.

Limited
May 20th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Not much but its a start =\

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/8265/bipedid9.th.jpg (http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bipedid9.jpg)

Kornman00
May 20th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Not much but I had to fart
[/URL][URL="http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/8018/scenariohg9.png"]http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/8018/scenariohg9.png (http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/8018/scenariohg9.png)

also, shoes

Patrickssj6
May 20th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Not much but I didn't fart
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/1908/wadawdci0.png

teh lag
May 20th, 2007, 03:08 PM
That's awesomes right there. Your farts smell really good.

Masterz1337
May 20th, 2007, 03:16 PM
high five.

SMASH
May 20th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Wow, we're getting places fast.

PlasbianX
May 20th, 2007, 07:47 PM
MMk.. so we wont get a hacked H2Vek... so stuff can be added into a program that will never be released?

Awesome.

(and lol at all the neg rep this statement as gotten me :p)

Masterz1337
May 20th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Since when do you speak for kornman?

Nick
May 20th, 2007, 10:47 PM
I signed up just to -rep you, PlasbianX.

Nick

Lightning
May 21st, 2007, 12:11 AM
<333333333

Kalub
May 21st, 2007, 12:17 AM
Lol@Nick

To bad your rep wont work until you get more positive reputation. Here this should help.

PlasbianX
May 21st, 2007, 05:51 AM
I signed up just to -rep you, PlasbianX.

Nick

But u didnt neg rep, you just gave me a silver box =p.
And i had lost faith in prom a long time ago, sorry for having an opinion.

jahrain
May 21st, 2007, 06:14 AM
Lol, nick neg repped me too. But leave nick and his prom alone. Yeah, so far it hasn't brought anything positive to the community, only taken away. But I think its best that we all just pretend it never existed in the first place. That way, we aren't expecting anything, they aren't feeling pressure to release and can take there sweet ass time, and even if it never gets released, we won't feel like we are missing out on anything.

Nick
May 21st, 2007, 07:00 AM
We feel no external pressures, so no worries.

Nick

Limited
May 21st, 2007, 07:20 AM
We feel no external pressures, so no worries.

Nick
The idea of prom does keep us alive. We always have some thought to think of, the ideal program.

Sadly it shall remain only a thought. =\

Nick
May 21st, 2007, 08:48 AM
Sadly it shall remain only a thought. =\Tell that to the two to five guys working on it daily.

Nick

Kornman00
May 21st, 2007, 08:50 AM
Gimme promprom <:mad:>

Nick
May 21st, 2007, 08:52 AM
Only if you shake your pom pom.

Nick

Kornman00
May 21st, 2007, 08:54 AM
*commences shaking*

:(:(:(:(:(

*shakes harder*

:(

Kornman00
May 21st, 2007, 10:11 AM
Your lucky I can't find the warn buttons :eyesroll:

kungpow
May 21st, 2007, 10:27 AM
I heard double posting gives you cancer.

Limited
May 21st, 2007, 10:30 AM
I heard double posting gives you cancer.Mod came in and deleted mine and 1 of nicks posts. :)

Kornman00
May 21st, 2007, 11:23 AM
Actually nick was the only one to delete his posts ;p

Tweek
May 22nd, 2007, 10:11 AM
silly silly. xD

[EJ] Bean
May 22nd, 2007, 05:38 PM
:confused2: What I don't understand, is why you guys can't work on prometheus, and we can still do our custom stuff. It's not like us having the ability to express our creativity is going to be competition. All i want to do is make a vehicle table...

Limited
May 22nd, 2007, 06:02 PM
Bean;68217']:confused2: What I don't understand, is why you guys can't work on prometheus, and we can still do our custom stuff. It's not like us having the ability to express our creativity is going to be competition. All i want to do is make a vehicle table...
Not dissing Prom team's skills. But adding a totally new set of tags into a game that doesnt accept them isnt really a piece of cake. To be honest the only way is to unlock the original hek, or find some one to h4x the new tags into the maps (second one is not very likely to happen)

Patrickssj6
May 22nd, 2007, 06:04 PM
How about we fuck H2V and stick to CE and make a disco mod with "H2V Sucks" banner.

Nick
May 22nd, 2007, 06:30 PM
Bean;68217']:confused2: What I don't understand, is why you guys can't work on prometheus, and we can still do our custom stuff. It's not like us having the ability to express our creativity is going to be competition. All i want to do is make a vehicle table...Who said you cannot do your custom stuff? Get to work! That way, when Prometheus is released, you can migrate to that toolset if you wish and you will already have content to make use of, it's a win-win situation.

Not dissing Prom team's skills. But adding a totally new set of tags into a game that doesnt accept them isnt really a piece of cake. To be honest the only way is to unlock the original hek, or find some one to h4x the new tags into the maps (second one is not very likely to happen)Actually, you simply do not know what you are talking about. Looking at your post, I am absolutely befuddled as to what "adding a totally new set of tags into a game that doesnt accept them" and "h4x the new tags into the maps" mean. Please, help me understand what in the world you are attempting to say, I would love to know.

Nick

Chewy Gumball
May 22nd, 2007, 08:29 PM
I would very much like to use prom, but I do not like having to wait an indefinite amount of time just so I can make custom scenery, vehicles, weapons, etc. I do not think it is fair to say you will never release, but you haven't given us a date and from where I am standing, it looks to be a long long while yet before you will.

SMASH
May 22nd, 2007, 08:35 PM
I agree Chewy

Nick
May 22nd, 2007, 08:37 PM
I would very much like to use prom, but I do not like having to wait an indefinite amount of time just so I can make custom scenery, vehicles, weapons, etc. I do not think it is fair to say you will never release, but you haven't given us a date and from where I am standing, it looks to be a long long while yet before you will.That's the beauty of it, Gumball; you do not have to wait if you do not want to, you can just find alternative means to reach your goals. There is a reason that I said "you can migrate to that toolset if you wish," because it is optional.

As far as a date goes, we do not give one because we do not get paid to make the application. Due to the fact that we do not get paid for working on Prometheus (and we certainly do not expect to be), we have no solid schedule that leads to a specific date. The amount of time each of us can dedicate to the project varies on an almost daily basis - depending on what is going on in our lives - so it is hard to give a reliable projection.

Nick

jahrain
May 22nd, 2007, 08:48 PM
Lets just pretend its vaporware until a release date or time line projection is announced.

Chewy Gumball
May 22nd, 2007, 09:01 PM
Remember, they won't be made public this time around as all my research goes to the development of Prom (http://halodev.org) (which is better in the long run for you guys, trust me :p) I was referring only to this statement. As of right know, I see prom and the h2vek as my only two options. I know people will make little tiddly programs like bsp extractors and the like, but will we see an actual full kit like kornman v2/a hobo? I highly doubt that now that kornman isn't going to release one. No offense to anyone who plans to try, I just don't see it happening.

Edit: I know why you haven't given a time line, it just really doesn't matter with this issue.

jahrain
May 22nd, 2007, 09:12 PM
I was referring only to this statement. As of right know, I see prom and the h2vek as my only two options. I know people will make little tiddly programs like bsp extractors and the like, but will we see an actual full kit like kornman v2/a hobo? I highly doubt that now that kornman isn't going to release one. No offense to anyone who plans to try, I just don't see it happening.
Like I said before, Prometheus, so far has only taken away from the community with an unknown time line of when it plans to give back.

Kornman00
May 22nd, 2007, 09:31 PM
Jahrain, shut your trap hole. You can't take anything when it was never had. Go swim with the penguins.

I would very much like to use prom, but I do not like having to wait an indefinite amount of time just so I can make custom scenery, vehicles, weapons, etc.
You act like you'd be able to do said thing with a hacked tool...

Masterz1337
May 22nd, 2007, 09:37 PM
Like I said before, Prometheus, so far has only taken away from the community with an unknown time line of when it plans to give back.
Examples please.

jahrain
May 22nd, 2007, 10:05 PM
Woah calm down guys. What I meant by things taken away as in information/tools/knowlege that were intentionally held from release to the community because they are to be "saved for Prom". To me thats taking away something that could potentially gain to the community. I don't know why we all have to be so closed all the time. We aren't a business, there is no profits at stake if, we a just a simple modding community who all share the same passions. There is no reason for us to be closed with what we know or have to offer for the community. Not that we feel we deserve it, or its ones obligation to dump all that they have. Prometheus has changed that withs its code of keeping away as much as it can from the community so that it can all be released with it when it feels it's time has come. Thats what I meant by taken away from the community, it stole the fire.

Nick
May 22nd, 2007, 10:24 PM
Nothing is being saved for anything. Kornman is just putting his time into research efforts for Prometheus, thus he does not have time to field support for the H2EK here.

Nick

the1
May 23rd, 2007, 04:24 AM
this is extreamly sad. h2v was released in Australia a day b4 anywhere else. which is where i live. i don't have the money to go out and get it. lolz
kornman wants a copy of the tools before he can get it where he is so he can hack it.
there are even more limitations on the h2vek than what there was in hek. lol lol @ 2v's locked ek
and everyone is pestering kornman for a release of something he already said he wasn't going to just give away.
and whats funny is i havn't even begun to look into any of the tools and from what i see they look the same. but probably different options to mess with. and more

[EJ] Bean
May 23rd, 2007, 06:05 AM
[QUOTE=Nick;68263]Who said you cannot do your custom stuff? Get to work! That way, when Prometheus is released, you can migrate to that toolset if you wish and you will already have content to make use of, it's a win-win situation.

Well, Care to send me a PM on what prometheus is? For the most part
my table is done, but there are other things i want to see if it is possbile. Theories mostly, but if proven possible could stepup the ammount of interactivity that's possible in both halo ce and halo 2.

Kornman00
May 23rd, 2007, 06:46 AM
Bean;68682'][quote]

Well, Care to send me a PM on what prometheus is? For the most part
my table is done, but there are other things i want to see if it is possbile. Theories mostly, but if proven possible could stepup the ammount of interactivity that's possible in both halo ce and halo 2.
http://www.halodev.org

Chewy Gumball
May 23rd, 2007, 10:22 AM
...You act like you'd be able to do said thing with a hacked tool...

That would be the whole point...

Limited
May 23rd, 2007, 10:32 AM
That would be the whole point...Not everything is about custom guns and custom vehicles...

Plus this isnt Halo Custom Edition is it? Its halo 2 vista.

Kornman00
May 23rd, 2007, 10:41 AM
Except you can't without coding specific parts yourself...

Chewy Gumball
May 23rd, 2007, 02:08 PM
So they took out the code that lets you open and manipulate a weapon/vehicle/scenery tag? I understand how you wouldn't be able to get custom models to compile, but thats only part of it. I'm sure there are other parts of the kit that could be unlocked.

Limited, do you ever say anything helpful?

Limited
May 23rd, 2007, 02:49 PM
So they took out the code that lets you open and manipulate a weapon/vehicle/scenery tag? I understand how you wouldn't be able to get custom models to compile, but thats only part of it. I'm sure there are other parts of the kit that could be unlocked.

Limited, do you ever say anything helpful?
Chewy, do you ever read?

It was said here the code wasnt taken out. Its still functionable. It was taken out from the list. So its actually there, you just cant see it. It can/was unlocked.

Chewy, of course I say helpful things, check my posts!

Agamemnon
May 23rd, 2007, 03:00 PM
I'm sure there are other parts of the kit that could be unlocked.
Like the ability to create single player maps. :-3

the1
May 23rd, 2007, 03:49 PM
now that would be something helpfull. scripts too mb? or they locked too?

Patrickssj6
May 23rd, 2007, 07:56 PM
now that would be something helpfull. scripts too mb? or they locked too?
Locked but we have a list methinks.

If I recall correctly the code to compile things like vehicles was completely removed (tool.exe).

But the code for opening and manipulating tags in Guerilla still remains.

Chewy Gumball
May 23rd, 2007, 08:09 PM
Chewy, do you ever read?

It was said here the code wasnt taken out. Its still functionable. It was taken out from the list. So its actually there, you just cant see it. It can/was unlocked.

Chewy, of course I say helpful things, check my posts!

Once again you missed the point. I wasn't actually asking him if it was taken out. It was a rhetorical question. His previous post made it seem like everything I was wanting would need to be rewritten instead of just unlocked, when, in fact, that is not true. I am not asking if things are unlocked or if they can be unlocked. I am asking for a toolset to be released when as much as possible is unlocked. Other than prom, cause we have no idea when that is coming out and I know thats what you would have said.

I have not seen you write anything useful in a very long time.

Limited
May 24th, 2007, 05:08 PM
So you failed to see lightnings unlocked guerilla?

Thats your matter of opinon, others may think I have posted useful things.

Patrickssj6
May 24th, 2007, 06:27 PM
I have not seen you write anything useful in a very long time.:fail:

If you have any problems with Limited you can leave anytime.

Can you people shut the fuck up for once? All people on this forum are complaining all the time.

First the release of Halo 2 then its HEK then Korn being too slow to unlock things...

I went on AIM after asking Jahrain for help on the forum and the first thing I received was an IM from Masterz telling me that Jahrain sucks and knows anything for shit.

Can you guys please stop?How about seeing the positive side of something first?

DaneO'Roo
May 24th, 2007, 07:51 PM
yay Jahrains here :)

btw, played h2v, its fucking ordinary :/

Chewy Gumball
May 24th, 2007, 08:01 PM
If lightning is going to release it then I am happy. I'm not complaining about kornman being slow or the HEK being inadequate or the delays or anything. All I was doing was expressing my thoughts on the current situation in which people who don't know how to unlock features find themselves in. If you want to call that complaining, I guess I can't stop you.

Patrickssj6
May 24th, 2007, 08:07 PM
If lightning is going to release it then I am happy.

Lightning didn't unlock it.It was Kornman00 who gave it to Lightning as he is one of his trusted friends.

Limited
May 24th, 2007, 08:12 PM
If lightning is going to release it then I am happy. I'm not complaining about kornman being slow or the HEK being inadequate or the delays or anything. All I was doing was expressing my thoughts on the current situation in which people who don't know how to unlock features find themselves in. If you want to call that complaining, I guess I can't stop you.
Lightning wont release it. Kornman has the final say.

Chewy Gumball
May 24th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Then what was the point of saying "So you failed to see lightnings unlocked guerilla?"?

Limited
May 24th, 2007, 08:59 PM
The point was an answer to your post

http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=69290&postcount=79

Basically, if its been unlocked. Then the code was pre-existing.

If you want it, try to make it yourself.

Kornman00
May 24th, 2007, 09:08 PM
post fluff?

also,

queefs

Snaver
May 25th, 2007, 04:45 AM
lawl.. lock mb?

Chewy Gumball
May 25th, 2007, 02:04 PM
I wasn't even asking a question... If I knew how to do it, I would, but I don't, and I have no clue about where to learn how.