PDA

View Full Version : what character in multiplayer will you play as in h2vista

blazedelite
May 20th, 2007, 09:53 PM
an elite or spartan

by the looks of halo2 on xbox i prefer a spartan

Abdurahman
May 20th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Yeah, spartan. Elites are butt ugly. (no offence if anyone here is actually an elite.)

Con
May 20th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Spartans all the way, also welcome to the forums.

blazedelite
May 20th, 2007, 09:58 PM
thanxz ive been exploring these forums and the website for along time now and i thought it was a good time for me to join. Thanxz for the warm welcome :)

itszutak
May 20th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Yeah, spartan. Elites are butt ugly. (no offence if anyone here is actually an elite.)
>:O

Abdurahman
May 20th, 2007, 10:58 PM
oh yeah what hapened to my manners welcome! And itszutak are you an Elite?? @_@

WolfenRage
May 20th, 2007, 11:00 PM
When Halo 2 first came out, I played as an Elite (always wanted too)
but then Alot of complaints about it being easier to kill ect.
(even the MLG forbids its using the Elite) I switched to the Spartan and stayed

I voted Spartan

Teroh
May 20th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Spartan. They look god damn sexy.

blazedelite
May 21st, 2007, 06:53 AM
im a sniper whore so in turn while im playing games i like to play snipers. But since elites have bigger heads they are way more easier to kill. So im going to stick with a spartan lol

HMReaper
May 21st, 2007, 12:18 PM
Spartans have an advantage in sniper matches. the head on a elite is fat and ugly and a rather easy target to hit. that why u never see pros using an elite.

HMReaper
May 21st, 2007, 01:22 PM
Elite, they're so easy to hit it makes it more challenging.
thats a dumb reason...

StankBacon
May 21st, 2007, 01:27 PM
always spartan.

_Astronaut_
May 21st, 2007, 08:57 PM
Spartans have an advantage in sniper matches. the head on a elite is fat and ugly and a rather easy target to hit. that why u never see pros using an elite.

But elites look cooooooool...

+they have mad sword fighting skillz. Plus they look like somekind of monkey with armor on. <that is thumbs up:cool:

Roostervier
May 21st, 2007, 09:10 PM
Spartan, definitely. I think I have seen a video proving that Spartan's and elites have the same hit boxes (coll models), so it wouldn't be that much of a disadvantage. If not, a neck shot on them kills them just the same as the head, actually putting them at more of a disadvantage.

phase
May 21st, 2007, 10:14 PM
Grunt since there slow short sound funny and can&#180;t aim for shit.

Sakievich
May 21st, 2007, 10:31 PM
you specist PIGS!

BobtheGreatII
May 21st, 2007, 11:48 PM
I'm gonna play as the spartan all the way, the textures seem to look much better on the spartans.

Reaper Man
May 22nd, 2007, 12:00 AM
Im never done. Its part of my nature to argue..thats why i play halo. everyone hates everyone else even before the match start lol
Tough guy in the internets, ONOZ. :saddowns:

SMASH
May 22nd, 2007, 12:03 AM
Yea, being tough on the internet is useless. It makes people not like you and it doesn't really make yourself look good.

I'm gonna play as the chief, all the way. That's what I'm used to in H2X anyways.

kungpow
May 22nd, 2007, 05:43 AM
Spartan forever and HMReaper (lol nub)

Masterz1337
May 22nd, 2007, 09:32 PM
Kid i would eat you alive. In game and in real life.
Don't say that, he rolls that way...

Abdurahman
May 22nd, 2007, 10:26 PM
Aww cmon. Spartans are naturally better cause they're From our own species. And Those elites are, I mean were our enemies. They're ugly too.:D And lolz at that vote! 33 Spartan 8 Elite.:p

EDIT: Now 34:D

bleach
May 22nd, 2007, 10:34 PM
Spartan...after i lay H2V disc into my DVD drive...eventually.
Spartans are better than elites...i like the HUD a little bit better than purple...after already having played H2X LAN and reading some stuff about it...like from the guides. Yes...elites are way to huge for me...in a game with Snipers...i can kill elites that ride in ghosts when they are directly at me...i shoot the little triangle above the ghost's bonnet.

blazedelite
May 23rd, 2007, 07:30 AM
ok this si not a flame war guys. Anyway i like playing as a spartan because i am used to it, the elites do look cool though!

bleach
May 23rd, 2007, 09:12 AM
if the elites in MP had that recharging/10 second active camouflage...i would play elite, but they don't unfortunately, so i chose spartan, without camo, they can be easily killed, due to their huge bodies...Spartans are much cooler, i'm just used to it.

xExus
May 23rd, 2007, 10:53 AM
...when I see an Elite I start yelling n00b omf wtf pwn3d!!11 XD
The Elites is underestimated. My friend is playing Halo 2 on Xbox and he says that he has NEVER met an Elite dude who have been good (I guess every Elite on XBL is under 11 years, cause their voice is ridiculous lol). :rolleyes:

Anyway, I picked the Spartan. I don't like the elites so much. NOT because of the bigger headshot stuff, it's the HUD. It's purple, and the way he's holding the weapons looks weird (especially the BR).BLEH!

USMC-Sniper
May 23rd, 2007, 01:56 PM
ive been looking around this forum alot, and i finally just made an account, just wanted to say that this is probably one of the funniest flame wars ive ever seen.

and hello.

HMReaper
May 23rd, 2007, 02:02 PM
i try my best lol

Amit
May 23rd, 2007, 02:37 PM

An elite is NOT ugly, well maybe a little, hehe, but they look much cooler than a spartan with teal and cyan armour(mine don't take it), and the real pros like a challenge so they use Elites to test their skill to a further extent, not those posers.

Elite, they're so easy to hit it makes it more challenging.

Exactly why I'm better at halo than most of the people I know in real life that use spartans, although, I get sniped more easily.

thats a dumb reason...

That's not a dumb reason, it gives you better experience to playing the game and avoid getting shot.

Kid i would eat you alive. In game and in real life.

Just, no. Who says Fried Metroid is a kid? For all you know he could be older than you.

And you have your location as 8=======D O= telling me your level of maturity and lack of ever touching a woman.

Wow somebody who draws a penis in their post and upfront admits that he likes to touch woman. You make it sound as though you use them as a sex object. Goes to show how mature you really are.

Well there you have it folks. either its gay...its a girl...its 12...or its never seen the sun. Ill leave that up for everyone else to decide.

For somebody completely new on this forum, you seem to be flaming a lot more than posting proper comments, I would estimate at least 10 of your current 37 posts to be flames. Also what do you mean by "it's gay?" You should have said, "He's gay." Also what does not seeing the sun have to do with any of this besides your stupid rant.

Im never done. Its part of my nature to argue..thats why i play halo. everyone hates everyone else even before the match start lol. and Reaper man
Grow up: Pending...
Get the fuck out: Got Pwned so leave...
Cocky: Too much for this forum, see GTFO definition...

There I fixed the post. Now if you're never done being a bitch to everyone you should seriously leave this forum, you have serious issues if you play Halo to argue with everyone, what about team mates? Do you trash them too?

DTS 7.1
May 23rd, 2007, 03:18 PM
I was an elite until i noticed their legs obstruct your view when jumping.

Syuusuke
May 23rd, 2007, 04:05 PM
Amit, they already ended, don't rekindle the fire...*gets mushroom...I mean marshmallow*
---
You know what, If I feel like being an elite, I'll be one, if not, I'll be the 200megatondude.

Amit
May 23rd, 2007, 05:01 PM
Yes, I agree that the flame battle is finally over but there were a few things I needed to point out to him that he can't start flaming right off the bat as a new user and flame at all.

Syuusuke
May 23rd, 2007, 05:19 PM
That's why my mushmallow isn't warm...

*Is waiting for H2V...seriously...they don;t have it in the Circuit Cities near me =(*

blazedelite
May 23rd, 2007, 06:02 PM
i think being a spartan is the best by far but elites do have their advantages

Mr Buckshot
May 24th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Elite for me. Unfortunately, having had only 2 or 3 opportunities to play online (lol free trial of LIVE), I can't tell the gameplay differences in MP between playing as an Elite and playing as a Spartan. Elites are just a good break from playing as a differently-colored Master Chief.

blazedelite
May 24th, 2007, 04:28 PM
ok its fun to play as a elite when u wanna have fun but competively i like to use the spartan

Amit
May 24th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Seriously, besides being able to see a big head over a ledge, there is no disadvantage the elite has that the spartan doesn't have.

Rob Oplawar
May 24th, 2007, 06:22 PM
lol, the flame war's over, but i have to say it made me smile.
@ HMReaper: lol.
ahem nice to meet you, welcome to teh forums etc etc
</offtopic>
I play as a spartan, but that's just because I'm Rob Oplawar and Rob Oplawar aint no alien.
I think elites rock, but I agree that the spartans look better somehow, and that I have no hard evidence, but it just feels like spartans have the advantage over elites, and this is after all a game of feel. Sad but true, because elites are badass, but you just don't see them around anymore, and when you do they get called noob. =(

Edit: heh, I'm surprised such a high percentage of people chose elites- you definitly don't see 1 in 5 players as elites on XBL. I guess that's jut because there's a higher percentage of awesome people here (myself naturally included in that measurement, and I count as about 50 people.)

Edit edit: And ross counts for about, oh i dunno, 4000

TeeKup
May 24th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Spartan FTW.

Reaper Man
May 25th, 2007, 06:50 AM
elite for me.

Cortexian
May 25th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Both, depending on my mood that day. Usually Spartan though.

Syuusuke
May 25th, 2007, 07:05 PM
hallo2u2

When I feel like screwing around with people I know, I'll be an elite.

blazedelite
May 26th, 2007, 04:13 PM
looks like spartan is winning but ti is fun to play both

armoman92
May 26th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Elite b/c its harder to get a head shot on you and they move jump a bit higher (spartens move a bit faster). :lol:

Abdurahman
May 26th, 2007, 09:20 PM
I just got Halo 2 today, so Im gona go with Spartan. Im so Happy!!!

SMASH
May 26th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Elite b/c its harder to get a head shot on you.

Actually, the elites have bigger heads and are just a tad bit slower. It's easier to head shot them.

k4is3rxkh40s
May 26th, 2007, 11:15 PM
I go with spartan most of the time but every once and a while I decide to revive my Lt. Penguin alias I go elite @.@

Scrixx
May 26th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Spartans ftw.

Bodzilla
May 27th, 2007, 12:06 AM
i'd probebly go an elite.

i like choosing the ugly, rookies, evil characters in any game. SC i'm allways the zerg
UT i'm always some wicked evil looking dude

i dunno, we just get to be the good players in RL, so when it's game time i go for the Complete opposite. :)

but i dun have the game, and i'm Very pessimistic about getting it so... yeah :(

paladin
May 27th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Elites have a big ass head that can be picked off by even the noobiest snipers. Spartan.

Flyboy
May 27th, 2007, 12:26 AM
This thing about elites having bigger heads is bull. The hitbox dimensions are different, yet the surface area is the same. It's a rumor that encourages ignorance.

Phopojijo
May 27th, 2007, 12:53 AM
UT i'm always some wicked evil looking dudeIf you're Mister Crow I'ma going to punk you!

http://www.beyondunreal.com/staff/hal/top/innov12.jpg

Chaosenemy
May 27th, 2007, 04:26 AM
Well, Chief has the advantage, but Elites look way cooler, so I use both :D

Digikid
May 27th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Spartan. Elites are ugly.

Digikid
May 27th, 2007, 10:15 AM
If you're Mister Crow I'ma going to punk you!

LMAO!!! HillyBillyFarm FTW!!!!!!!!!:XD:

blazedelite
May 27th, 2007, 10:22 AM
hillbilly ftw

DTS 7.1
May 27th, 2007, 11:28 PM
I just got Halo 2 today, so Im gona go with Spartan. Im so Happy!!!

That'll pass with time. :haw:

TeeKup
May 27th, 2007, 11:29 PM
That'll pass with time. :haw::ssh:

Elite Killa
May 27th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Spartan. From what I've learned on the Xbox version, the Elite is more vulnerable to snipers and SMG's since they're so bulky. And the Elite can't ever replace teh Chief.

bleach
May 27th, 2007, 11:39 PM
M4573|2(|-|13|= 15 |_337. 4|\| 3x4|\/||\|P|_3 0|= 5p4|274|\|5.

i'm sorry if you can't translate that from l337 to normal but Masterchief is irreplaceable, John 117 is the perfect spartan in halo.

DTS 7.1
May 28th, 2007, 12:06 AM
:ssh:

LOL!

Boba
May 28th, 2007, 01:08 AM
elite can kick spartan ass any time any place yo

blazedelite
May 28th, 2007, 01:12 AM
if you have read the books ms almost gets the crap beat out of him by an elite but his team saved him

Bodzilla
May 28th, 2007, 01:56 AM
If you're Mister Crow I'ma going to punk you!

lmao of cause i am xD!

Oshi thar Punkins r Cummin Ma Wai

Halo2Vista
May 28th, 2007, 10:47 PM
well in the next 3 years halo 3 will be out and a new pc world begins and possibly halo 3 pc will be in directX10 or even directX11!! but gotta pull through and wait sadly enough but we pc gamers have been waiting paitently for the past 3 years anyway

Techno Dude
May 30th, 2007, 12:17 AM
elite

Aeron
May 31st, 2007, 05:46 AM
im torn,
i prefer the modelling of spartan,
but i dont like the way they move
i prefer the colours u can get on an elite(same colours i know but the seem more vibrant on an elite)
i have a hard enoguh time right now staying alive as spartan, i would be left needing to buy a new keyboard if i went elite
( having thrown them at the wall in frustration)

demonmaster3k
May 31st, 2007, 06:27 AM
the elite actually has a smaller head than the chief, but it sits closer to the chest making it an easier target (i think the helmet makes the head size bigger too)