PDA

View Full Version : Wepons For Halo2

Halo881
October 24th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Hey I was wondering if The Halo 2 Vista Will be any Differn't THen Halo2 for OBOX:confused:

Stealth
October 24th, 2006, 04:47 PM
well, I think that all of the Weapons from Halo 2 will be left alone, and we may see some new ones for MP, we never know, all we know is that there is a Halo 2 Vista, and what it looks like as of 2 or 3 months ago, and right now, who knows what it looks like.

thehoodedsmack
October 24th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Maybe we'll get the REAL ATV, or the boat, and the flamethrower, and the combat knife!

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
October 24th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Hey I was wondering if The Halo 2 Vista Will be any Differn't THen Halo2 for OBOX:confused:Why did you randomly capitalize 'Will' 'Differen't' and 'Then'.

And what in the world is an Obox?:lol:

It's a direct port (conversion, if you can't understand) from the Xbox to the PC, so I doubt there will be any new weapons unless we are able to make our own custom weapons like in CE.

Atty
October 24th, 2006, 07:15 PM
No.

Lock thread please.

TheGhost
October 24th, 2006, 08:53 PM
As far as the standard game goes, the weapons, vehicles, etc. should stay the same. However, since we can presumably make our own custom ones, we should start to see new weapons and vehicles in some of the maps coming out after release.

PenGuin1362
October 24th, 2006, 09:06 PM
i doubt they'll make anything new like they did for pc. new maps would be kinda cool but since we have the ability to make our own from the start chances are we'll see nothing different

rossmum
October 24th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Why these forums... why...

But yeah, they probably won't be a lot different. Though they need to de-noob the autoaim.

Agamemnon
October 24th, 2006, 11:44 PM
i doubt they'll make anything new like they did for pc. new maps would be kinda cool but since we have the ability to make our own from the start chances are we'll see nothing different
It is improbable for Bungie to think they can simply rehash the game with better graphics and a new multiplayer and expect it to sell because of mapping tools. There should definitely be new maps, and as for new weapons and vehicles, they are possibilities.

Timo
October 25th, 2006, 04:00 AM
Did they not add the fuel rod gun for halo PC, as well as the rocket hog along with ~5 new maps?

I think halo 2's weapons array is fine as is.

Reaper Man
October 25th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Why these forums... why...

But yeah, they probably won't be a lot different. Though they need to de-noob the autoaim.
ross, the autoaim has been removed... the only reason why it was there in the firstplace was because the xbox's controllers - analogue

PenGuin1362
October 25th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Did they not add the fuel rod gun for halo PC, as well as the rocket hog along with ~5 new maps?

I think halo 2's weapons array is fine as is.

did they also not have an sdk with pc when it was first released? (literaly) but i guess you're right Agamemnon. it's good marketing

Limited
October 25th, 2006, 05:22 PM
knowing MS, it will so they make more bloody money

but i doubt any major differences, hopefully there will be though just for it to be a bit special :O

Jayden
October 27th, 2006, 09:36 AM
MS is putting this out to sell Vista, ofcourse it's for money. And from what I've read they're developing new maps...(I think) and I think they'll prolly allow some new weapons in certain multiplayer modes.

Atty
October 27th, 2006, 10:40 AM
I've read all the news on Bungie's work with Halo 3 and Halo 2 Vista, no where have I seen anything about new maps or weapons.

I don't know why they would even bother, they are giving us the tools to make new maps with the game, they don't need to spend any time working on new things.

Agamemnon
October 27th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Where did they ever say they were adding new weapons and vehicles for Halo PC as the work on the game was hush hush as well?

Atty
October 27th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Where did they ever say they were adding new weapons and vehicles for Halo PC as the work on the game was hush hush as well?

And from what I've read they're developing new maps

I didn't say they were not, I said it would be stupid for them too but my statement was to prove him wrong.

Agamemnon
October 28th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Well, no matter; I've changed my mind on the whole thing. After seeing the leaks of Halo 3, I doubt we will recieve any new weapons or vehicles. The ATV will definitely not be there and I can't think of any other vehicle they'd throw in. As for weapons, I'm just as clueless as well, unless they'll put the flamethrower back in. Changing the FAQ section about that as well.

LlamaMaster
October 29th, 2006, 05:54 PM
I'm almost positive that bungie said there was going to be new maps. As far as the weapons go, a new flamethrower (there was going to be one a h2, but they couldn't get it in or something) and the h2 flue rod gun would make great additions.

DaneO'Roo
October 29th, 2006, 07:32 PM
I'm almost positive that bungie said there was going to be new maps. As far as the weapons go, a new flamethrower (there was going to be one a h2, but they couldn't get it in or something) and the h2 flue rod gun would make great additions.

uh...FUCK NO. Im sick and tired of being frg'ed and flame noobed and If they put them in Halo 2 Vista ill spam Frankies inbox with hate mail. Lock rockets is nooby enough, we do NOT need a bunch of silly lamas running around with other nooby toys. Please please PLEASE dear god dont let there be flamethrowers and fuel rods in multiplayer. Im sick of noobs now, and I don't want them to continue in H2V. The game will be alot less nooby if u think about it. Banshees wont have mortars, there wont be a fuel rod or flamethrower (i hope....) and if they took off homing rockets, the game would be pretty much nub free and perfect.

New maps would be cool though, i'd like to see some REAL new forerunner designed maps (bungie knows it best)

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
October 29th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Holming rockets are a good thing, they were put in for a good reason : To make it easier to hit enemy vehicles.

Yes, maybe in Halo you able to predict where the warthog/ghost was going sometimes, but not all the time. It is a useful advantage that can't actually be exploited if you think about it.

It is possible to dodge rockets, what do you think the boost on a ghost is for? I can tell you it's not just for getting to the enemy's base quicker. Why do you think the Warthog has the hand-brake/hard turning? And why do you think the Banshee can do barrel rolls or loops?

Agamemnon
October 29th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Tell me, Whiplash, how many times a person driving a vehicle is aware of a locked-on rocket out of their FOV. I, for one, do not agree with it. Yes, you can dodge rockets, but only if you are completely aware that you are even being locked-on. Maybe if the vehicle had an indicator that bleeped when you're locked on then it would be alright, because then you have a head's up. Surprise is generally left to the assassinations and snipers, not full-blown noobs hopping around like rabbits wielding a rocket launcher.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
October 29th, 2006, 09:37 PM
It's the driver's fault if they cannot detect the rocket. And I swore when you had a rocket locked on there was a slight beeping to know it was following/coming towards you.

Agamemnon
October 29th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Let me know if there is because I haven't played in ages. Still though, it took out the skill involved in leading those rocket shots across a map. I remember one time in Death Island one of my teammates drove a hog way out in the water and planned to use the turret from afar. Well, the enemy crouch walked his way to him and then popped up; needless to say, a fight insued. Because I generally knew that teammate sucked, I predicted he'd lose the fight, so I shot a rocket at the hog; the distance was clearly over 400 yards in the game's scale. Miracuously, my teammate did indeed get killed, and the enemy got into the hog as I predicted, and just as he did, a rocket hit and killed him.

The point of the little story is that I felt immense satisfaction from a rocket kill because he walked right into it. With lock-on that general satisfaction of timing a shot and an enemy to just run into it is generally gone.

legionaire45
October 30th, 2006, 12:58 AM
I think it would be smart for bungie to have it left to the server to choose whether rockets lock or dont lock since the issue is often brought to bungies attention as something that detracts from Halo. I think banshees should have the fuel since it theoretically should make the vehicle balance more balanced. I say this since it takes skill to actually hit a target dead on with the mortar. Sure, people can noob the shee, but it will already be tough enough to hit a moving vehicle while its boosting anyways. Also, the mortar really is the only thing that is effective against tanks, and removing that would make tanks whorable. I havn't played Halo 2's multiplayer all that much though, so I could just be some noob wanting a more H1'ish multiplayer xD.

Timo
October 30th, 2006, 01:10 AM
...and the h2 flue rod gun would make great additions.
:eyesroll:

LlamaMaster
October 30th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Well, good additions that you can choose to put on the map or not with a custom game type?

Cerulean
November 27th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Plus you gotta figure, noobing the banshee isn't as easy now with homing rockets and destructible vehicles, although i agree that adding homing took the satisfaction out of a long range rocket shot.

Here's something I wasn't happy about with Halo 2, and I was wondering what others thought on the matter. Why did bungie have to give Covenant equivalents to certain human weapons? The carbine takes all the fun out of the battle rifle because the carbine is so much more powerful. Think about it. One beam from the carbine equals a three round burst from the BR, but because the carbine only has to fire once and also fires more rapidly, and with tracers at that! i've always chosen the carbine over the BR. one of them should be removed.

Same deal with the sniper rifle and beam rifle. By default, the beam rifle almost always has more ammo 'cause it's on a charge. and if you don't overheat the beam, you never have to zoom out, unlike the sniper rifle which you have to always reload every 4 shots. again, at least one should be removed.

or maybe make it so that in multiplayer, you can only have one or the other on the map.

is it just me or did Halo 2 remove the uniqueness of each weapon? They just seemed more original in Halo: Combat Evolved.

cls
November 27th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Do you think the Covenant would even bother using human weapons?

I haven't even played Halo 2 and it's quite obvious from reading their quotes that the Covenant races would not unless they had absolutely no choice.

Cerulean
November 27th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Plus you gotta figure, noobing the banshee isn't as easy now with homing rockets and destructible vehicles, although i agree that adding homing took the satisfaction out of a long range rocket shot.

Here's something I wasn't happy about with Halo 2, and I was wondering what others thought on the matter. Why did bungie have to give Covenant equivalents to certain human weapons? The carbine takes all the fun out of the battle rifle because the carbine is so much more powerful. Think about it. One beam from the carbine equals a three round burst from the BR, but because the carbine only has to fire once and also fires more rapidly, and with tracers at that! i've always chosen the carbine over the BR. one of them should be removed.

Same deal with the sniper rifle and beam rifle. By default, the beam rifle almost always has more ammo 'cause it's on a charge. and if you don't overheat the beam, you never have to zoom out, unlike the sniper rifle which you have to always reload every 4 shots. again, at least one should be removed.

or maybe make it so that in multiplayer, you can only have one or the other on the map.

is it just me or did Halo 2 remove the uniqueness of each weapon? They just seemed more original in Halo: Combat Evolved.

Yes I believe in Halo 2, the Covenant have far superior weapons. I didn't even mention the new fuel rod cannon versus the old Halo PC fuel rod gun. The new one is like a semi-rapid fire rocket launcher that holds triple the ammo.

Chewy Gumball
November 27th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Did you actually just agree with yourself? I like the beam rifle. It looks cool.

Cerulean
November 27th, 2006, 02:28 PM
lol. no, I was trying to use quotes from both my post and the other guys, but it only let me do one. i like the beam rifle too. i just think they should either remove one of the weapons from the game or make it so you can't use but one or the other in MP.

Mr Buckshot
December 1st, 2006, 07:56 PM
Th2 H2 arsenal will be 100% unchanged (except for removing autoaim[edit: autoaim's removed only for the keyboard/mouse but who cares about gamepads]). and speaking of homing, it's not unfair since the rocket can only follow vehicles and turrets. It's not difficult to dodge a rocket in a fast vehicle. Tanks can take 2-3 hits - once the first rocket strikes, there's enough time to get free.

Stealth
December 1st, 2006, 10:28 PM
...(except for removing autoaim)...
no it isn't, the Xbox 360 gamepad will have autoaim, but the Mouse and Keyborad will not Autoaim.
Edit | anything else you would like fixed Reaper, or because I did see one thing that I needed to fix, and I added a few things.

Reaper Man
December 1st, 2006, 11:34 PM
not it isn't, the Xbox 360 game pad will have it, but the Mouse and Keyborad will not.
Wow. Spelling. Please?

Bathroom Security
December 2nd, 2006, 01:53 AM
it's no wrong

of course, i have not sense of spelling either

Mr Buckshot
December 2nd, 2006, 01:04 PM
one thing I'd like to mod in the battle rifle: "automatic" fire

I'm not talking about spitting out all 36 rounds in 2 seconds, of course. In Halo 1, you could hold down the trigger to squeeze off a rapid succession of M6D rounds at the cost of accuracy (if u wanted to maintain accuracy, it was better to rapidly click instead). With the BR, holding down the trigger did not work - for continuous fire, you had to keep clicking the trigger. The ability to keep firing while pressing down the trigger till the clip empties is what I felt the BR really needed.

Also, the human weapons need to expand in terms of the amount of reserve ammo you carry. For Covenant projectile-based weapons like the carbine, the lack of reserve ammo is forgivable, since those guns are dropped every second. But the Covies don't carry SMGs, BRs, or shotguns, and that's where the ammo limit becomes a pain. Unless you're fighting human Flood zombies (who would drop human gear), you'd probably wish the SMG could have more than 3 fucking clips of reserve ammo, especially when it chews through ammo like no tomorrow. Personally, I want more reserve ammo for the shotgun, since its ammo is not common, and therefore on Covie levels, I can't use it as long as I'd like. And no, TKing Marines to get their ammo is not an option. I only TK them when they stop at a zone that they absolutely refuse to cross (in which case they become totally useless).

Agamemnon
December 2nd, 2006, 03:22 PM
no it isn't, the Xbox 360 gamepad will have autoaim, but the Mouse and Keyborad will not Autoaim.
Edit | anything else you would like fixed Reaper, or because I did see one thing that I needed to fix, and I added a few things.
Once again, where you are getting this info? Bungie hasn't confirmed anything about auto aim yet.

Stealth
December 2nd, 2006, 06:18 PM
let me put it this way, they've said that they've been playing it with Xbox 360 Gamepads, and from what I've heard, there is some Auto Aim in Halo 2 right now, so there maybe some Auto Aim for the Gamepads, but not for the Mouse and Keyborad, Far play.

Nic
December 2nd, 2006, 06:59 PM
Gearbox isn't porting Halo 2.

Really? I didnt know that.

But, as I never played Halo2 multiplayer, but in Halo2CE i had a blast in that small map with the gravity lifts or w/e with the sniper and carbine/beam rifle where the flag is on top and you have to use the grav lift to get up.

That was really fun.

Stealth
December 2nd, 2006, 11:14 PM
Really? I didnt know that.
Ya, Microsoft is, and

...as I never played Halo2 multiplayer...
I've never played Halo 2, so you're lucky, well any ways, I get to go play this Jan. 15, Neumont University is holding a big lAN party there with Halo 2, and one of the guys there was talking to me about Me going to Neumont because I looked like I really wanted to go, and he told me that he wanted to see me go to the LAN party, so I'll play some Halo 2, and have some fun. Ok, back on topic, what is the real point of this Thread?

Agamemnon
December 3rd, 2006, 01:15 PM
let me put it this way, they've said that they've been playing it with Xbox 360 Gamepads, and from what I've heard, there is some Auto Aim in Halo 2 right now, so there maybe some Auto Aim for the Gamepads, but not for the Mouse and Keyborad, Far play.
They still haven't confirmed anything yet, though. There wasn't "some" auto aim in Halo 2; there was lots. All they said was that they were trying to find a "balance."

Agamemnon
December 3rd, 2006, 07:07 PM
Well, given Bungie's reputation of bad ideas with the first port, I wouldn't be surprised if this time around we were screwed royally even worse.