PDA

View Full Version : Remote Administration

jcap
May 21st, 2007, 05:57 PM
I've been looking through the entire dedicated server manual and I've set up a server of my own. Now that it's running, I'm looking for some ways to remotely administer it from in-game. I couldn't find anything about enabling console on the client, setting an rcon password, or the rcon command syntax. In addition to this, I'm curious about the /vote functions and how they work. If anyone can help with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Zeph
May 21st, 2007, 10:04 PM
If there's no ingame remote administration.......*twitch*

It's making me wonder why Nitro hasn't slit his wrists. Perhaps he went across the road instead of down the lane?

edit: Someone needs to tell MS what dedicated servers are supposed to do before another title goes gold.

{XF}Lowsy
May 21st, 2007, 10:33 PM
:lol: lmao :lol:

It's like they didn't even pay attention to what us HaloPC people were doing..

Zeph
May 21st, 2007, 11:13 PM
:lol: lmao :lol:

It's like they didn't even pay attention to what any other dedicated server does...

Fixed that for you.

SMASH
May 22nd, 2007, 12:00 AM
Yea, a lot of this game smells like fail. My only consolance is the level designing, the achievements, and the new maps.

Patrickssj6
May 22nd, 2007, 02:31 PM
Yea, a lot of this game smells like fail. My only consolance is the level designing, the achievements, and the new maps.
oh wait those are the things which they actually didn't "upgrade":lol:

Terry
May 22nd, 2007, 05:45 PM
How could they possibly miss this?

{XF}Lowsy
May 22nd, 2007, 06:25 PM
They missed it because they started with halo2. They forgot those controls were in HaloPc, or different team, or you name it....

jcap
May 22nd, 2007, 08:22 PM
They didn't miss it, they were told to not put it in by some DICK cool person higher up.

{XF} Doc
May 23rd, 2007, 06:51 AM
If I'm not mistaken when halo 1 came out to PC it didn't have RCON either (patch 1.02 put it there), maybe we'll get lucky and M$ will put something like that in.

Kornman00
May 23rd, 2007, 03:14 PM
Guess Halo2 was meant to be played on the xbox...

jcap
May 23rd, 2007, 07:19 PM
I'm surprised there hasn't been an answer to the question yet, or that not many people appear to have much of a concern. This is a fairly urgent concern we have here since, as of now, there is absolutely no way to manage a dedicated server other than from the server console.

...But then again, maybe I'm not all that surprised after all, given what we have been put through so far. Plus, it's fairly useless if we don't have any downloadable server patch available so we can login to Live and host a game.

{XF} Doc
May 23rd, 2007, 08:16 PM
Like I said before I'll wait a couple updates it wasn't on halo1 but it made it there, and yes your right without a in game console managing a server is a bear

{XF}Lowsy
May 23rd, 2007, 08:37 PM
Right now you can't even change maps manually. Due to the 'playlist' thing. So in order to get one specific map going (on a Dedi that is), you need to have individual 'playlists' for all 23 maps.