PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 questions

frostbite2600
May 21st, 2007, 09:59 PM
Hi, I have a couple questions about Halo 2 vista. I dont have a LIVE account, but im planning on buying a 12month code when I get H2v. Can I subscribe to live thru H2vista, or do I need to somehow get a hold of an xbox and do it that way? and also, I have an AMD 4000+ 64bit CPU, and Geforce 7600GT with a gig of RAM, do you guys think that will play Halo 2 at 1280x1024?
I play CS:S at 1440x900 with all settings %100 maxed and avg. about 100.

{XF}Lowsy
May 21st, 2007, 10:29 PM
how about you try setting up a 'games for windows live' account. Which will include an xbox live service as well.

Just go to the website: http://www.gamesforwindows.com (http://www.gamesforwindows.com/)

And the game includes 1 month of Gold for free.. So use that for a while if you like.

Oh, and you cannot sign up within the game. Do it via the webpage.

MuT7
May 21st, 2007, 11:01 PM
....so does this mean we have to pay to play online?!:mad:

or does silver let you play online anyway?

btw, wassup people, im new here

Crest
May 21st, 2007, 11:03 PM
Gold just allows for stats, achievements and few other retarded things.

Silver lets you play.

Timo
May 21st, 2007, 11:18 PM
Silver lets you access a server list, Gold lets you use matchmaking, and create servers.

Crest
May 21st, 2007, 11:22 PM
Last I checked, wasn't matchmaking gold exclusive as well? Or did they take that out?

I have no idea at this point. So many changes within the past week.

kilogic
May 22nd, 2007, 12:07 AM
i remember all the talk about matchmaking, but it doesnt seem to be there. and no mension of in in the manual. My gold account doesnt seem to be giving me much more than acheivements. I think some of the servers are only for gold servers, but they dont offer anything different. If i were you ide try out the 1 month and see what you think, to me it doesnt seem worth $50.

HMReaper
May 22nd, 2007, 12:23 AM
you all have to remember that their trying somthing new. if you have a xbox its SO worth it cus then you get Xbox live and over 1000 other games u can play too. im sure everyone will change their minds when games like shadowrun come out. and also i dont see people complaining about paying for MMOs. in my mind thats a buch of BS. you pay 10 buck a month to play just 1 game. and you have to play it all day everyday just to be good? and $50 A YEAR? my god if you can't afford that how the heck did u buy the game?