PDA

View Full Version : Ugg Server fails to connect to live.

Knome
May 22nd, 2007, 01:49 AM
Well i'll post this here to, since i already posted it on the bungie boards.

I have a ded server installed and fully ready to run. I put in a confirmed working live key and live silver account. But when i try and run the server it say live: signing in, reconnecting, offline - sign in failed invalid live id or password. once i confirm the live signing it just keeps retrying.

But the thing is i've moved the entire working directory to my computer running vista and run it and the server loads and shows up in the game list.

We confirmed it has nothing to do with the firewall.
The server is running windows server 2003.

I got no clue. the only thing i can think of is that live is actively blocking real dedicated servers running on 2003 boxes.

AcePilot977
May 22nd, 2007, 12:23 PM
how in the heck do u start the dang thing? ive searched every where for the icon. ftw im not as dumb as i sound...

Knome
May 22nd, 2007, 12:37 PM
its not an icon, you have to start it from the command line.

jcap
May 22nd, 2007, 02:16 PM
Did you associate the Live account with a gamertag at www.xbox.com (http://www.xbox.com?)? At first, I had this problem because I didn't realize that it wasn't like any regular passport service where you can just sign in, but you need to go an additional step further to get a gamertag.

Just so you're aware, register a gamertag that you want to appear as the server's name. Unfortunately, some asshole at Microsoft thought it would be a great way to piss people off by not giving the ability to rename your server. They were right. :awesome:

Knome
May 22nd, 2007, 03:31 PM
did that, and it is confirmed working as i can log in with it in halo 2.

It seems to be linked with server 2003. either that or my hosting company and XF's has screwed something up.

{XF}Lowsy
May 22nd, 2007, 04:07 PM
did that, and it is confirmed working as i can log in with it in halo 2.

It seems to be linked with server 2003. either that or my hosting company and XF's has screwed something up.

Gnome, does that mean you are in good working order? No more problems?

Knome
May 22nd, 2007, 05:33 PM
uhh noooo. Its still all pissed off.

{XF}Lowsy
May 22nd, 2007, 06:30 PM
My feeling on this is that most recent LIVE update.. Once that happened it all went to shit.

People who just wanted to play (and got the auto-update) couldn't get into the servers (of which M$ controls). But now we can get into those server. So they updated something on those servers.

The Dedi servers are all based on the DVD version of the LIVE system. So we'll need to update our own LIVE Dedi servers once they decide to post an actual link. And where would they even do that...??

If you look back in the thread where the Hired Gun guy talked more in depth about the Dedi servers, he mentions never having to touch the Dedi server, unless dealing with a Live update. The game clients auto-update. But not the servers. So we're one version off and M$ is in control again.

{XF} Doc
May 22nd, 2007, 07:57 PM
I ran TCPview and can see H2V making a connection to which I can only assume is Live (65.54.179.203) and just sit there and try to "re-connect", I feel better about it being an issue with LIVE since BC is having the same issue and we're on the same platform but different server company's, if anyone happens to know about a fairly new patch that has come out for the dedicated side of H2V please let me know or post some info on it.