PDA

View Full Version : Will glitching be an issue?

Beckon
May 22nd, 2007, 11:53 AM
We all know that all games have glitches, some cosmetic others game breaking. I remember reading an article on MLG.com where they were saying something foolish like how it added depth to the game play while bungie forum adamently said bungie is against and anyone that he saw doing it he would report.

Now do you think it'll be a problem with H2vista the potential of having glitch htting that is equavelent to Killer instinct ultra combos? From what I read it takes HALO from a FPS to a FP street fighter game. any thoughts?

halofreak4567
May 22nd, 2007, 12:14 PM
You mean BXR and BXB? Yes, you can still do those lame attacks. You can also supposedly double-shot, triple-shot, and quadruple-shot still.

p0lar_bear
May 22nd, 2007, 12:28 PM
I remember reading an article on MLG.com where they were saying something foolish like how it added depth to the game play while bungie forum adamently said bungie is against and anyone that he saw doing it he would report.

Leave it to the MLG faggots to say that a possibly game-breaking bug is a feature.

Yes, a Bungie staff member, "Flaming Ninja", if I recall correctly, said that he views mulitshotting and Melee-Action-Fire as game breaking bugs, seeing as how they interrupt the weapon's animations. Skipping reload and melee recovery times to gain an edge over your opponent is hardly "adding depth to the game." He then went on to urge other players who play Halo 2 online to report anyone doing this as cheating.

I back that 100%, as it is becoming a bigger problem. On the XBox, you could buy a macro controller, or even an undetectable modchip you put in the normal controller, to make the multishot bug trivial. On Halo 2 Vista, people have already made macros that run the button combinations at the touch of a button.

HMReaper
May 22nd, 2007, 12:34 PM
lol BXR and BXB lame? not really.most people hate them because they can't do them. i mean you can win a match against good people without knowing how to double-shot once and a while but its prbably not gonna happen. triple and quadruple shot....i wish lol

PTS
May 22nd, 2007, 12:35 PM
It was bearable in Halo 2 XBOX because everyone had to manually input the commands but it's going to kill all if any of the competition scene of Halo 2 Vista.

Button combos will easily be macro'd and access to them will be a button away.

I really hope Hired Gun/Bungie patches a fix for it soon.

Beckon
May 22nd, 2007, 12:40 PM
The game was never intended to do that, so to say
lol BXR and BXB lame? not really.most people hate them because they can't do them.really doesn't mean much. All of us could get AIMbots and we could be headshotting each other all day doesn't mean it's the way the game was intended be played..

solofortne
May 22nd, 2007, 12:54 PM
lol BXR and BXB lame? not really.most people hate them because they can't do them.

I can do them just fine but I still think it's bullshit, especially in h2 vista because it can be easily macro'd to a single key. Yeah that really takes a lot of skill.

p0lar_bear
May 22nd, 2007, 01:07 PM
lol BXR and BXB lame? not really.most people hate them because they can't do them.Which is why the winning-obsessed faggots buy something like this (http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-HALO-2-DOUBLESHOT-DOUBLE-SHOT-CONTROLLER_W0QQitemZ270120783350QQihZ017QQcategory Z41017QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem).

i mean you can win a match against good people without knowing how to double-shot once and a while but its prbably not gonna happen.And please tell me: how is it logical that I must abuse a bug to have any sort of holding on a game's leaderboard? As I stated earlier, Melee-Action-Fire and multishotting is the circumvention of wait times placed into the weapon's properties and animations to balance it.

kungpow
May 22nd, 2007, 01:08 PM
I am really starting to dislike HMReaper......

halofreak4567
May 22nd, 2007, 01:14 PM
lol BXR and BXB lame? not really.most people hate them because they can't do them. i mean you can win a match against good people without knowing how to double-shot once and a while but its prbably not gonna happen. triple and quadruple shot....i wish lol

lol....my friend was quad-shooting in a game I watched.

WolfenRage
May 22nd, 2007, 02:40 PM
You don't even have to macro BXR just BYYR that way you don't have to reload,
Might be difficult to do on the xbox but just a click of a button you can execute it

Beckon
May 22nd, 2007, 03:01 PM
Is bungie aware of this potential issue for HALO 2 vista?

WolfenRage
May 22nd, 2007, 07:57 PM
Hired Gun is doing the port (a small team at Micro$oft Game Studio)
and Im sure if they were aware of it/cared, it would have been fixed by now