PDA

View Full Version : Cant get H2V DS to connect?

JoeBlack
May 22nd, 2007, 01:29 PM
i set up the server fine but it doesnt go online,with i type the status command i get: current state : offline waiting to reconnect when i run a lan server it works fine?i have my router is orange livebox,i there any thing i can do to fix this?

jcap
May 22nd, 2007, 02:11 PM
If you follow the tutorial completely, you won't have any problem. Go back and start again. You must have either not setup the live key, setup the live account (be sure to register it as a gamertag), or something else in the first few pages of the document.

JoeBlack
May 22nd, 2007, 03:12 PM
If you follow the tutorial completely, you won't have any problem. Go back and start again. You must have either not setup the live key, setup the live account (be sure to register it as a gamertag), or something else in the first few pages of the document.
already did that many time:confused2: i hope its not my livebox router that doenst support live:mad:

jcap
May 22nd, 2007, 03:18 PM
already did that many time:confused2: i hope its not my livebox router that doenst support live:mad:
Yeah, it turns out that because there's been a game update, the server versions are now outdated.

So, where's the server update? Good job again, Microsoft! :awesome:

JoeBlack
May 22nd, 2007, 03:41 PM
so you think that could be the reason?

{XF}Lowsy
May 22nd, 2007, 04:05 PM
Set up your dedicated server to run as a Windows service and it will keep itself online automatically after every server reboot. The only time you ever need to intervene is if a LIVE update comes out or you want to change your server’s settings.There's the magic statement right there...

So we're all screwed until they post an update somewhere... Anybody look for one yet?

JoeBlack
May 22nd, 2007, 04:15 PM
There's the magic statement right there...

So we're all screwed until they post an update somewhere... Anybody look for one yet?
sup Lowsy,you from {XF} the HW clan?

{XF} Doc
May 22nd, 2007, 07:58 PM
yes he is {X}JoeBlack I'm guessing

Skyline
May 22nd, 2007, 08:11 PM
Ya, I'm having troubles connecting and it saying that another program is using the port.

JoeBlack
May 23rd, 2007, 02:35 AM
yes he is {X}JoeBlack I'm guessing
yes:p sup DOC good to see you here!

{XF} Doc
May 23rd, 2007, 06:47 AM
yup yall too, it makes me feel somewhat better about everything knowing that BC, X and us are all having the same problems, I'm not real happy about how dedicated servers work with H2V looks like a lot of trouble to get more than one going on a box.

bum has knife
May 23rd, 2007, 12:44 PM
The manual update is now available in the support section on the official site.

Make sure to stop the service, install the update, then restart the service in order for the changes to take place.

{XF} Doc
May 23rd, 2007, 01:17 PM
I got the update and it installed with no problems and yes I had the service stopped and game closed down, I then tried to start the game and the service and I ran into the same problem. I've also given it a reboot but still the same problem continues, I've talked to Abz over at BC and it didn't work for them either. =(

*edit* thanks so much for the update though!!!

{XF} Doc
May 23rd, 2007, 01:26 PM
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/616/connectwq4.jpg
as you can see I've even asked nicely

dlongley
May 23rd, 2007, 02:02 PM
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/616/connectwq4.jpg
as you can see I've even asked nicely

- Make sure your NAT/router is Live compatible. If you've got a Vista box on the same router that can play online, that's a good indication that your router is ok.

- Check the version number on h2server.exe. (Right click on file in Explorer, etc.) If this ends in 11028, you won't be able to connect to Live.

- Check the <titleversion> tag in h2server.exe.cfg.

Remember how the game was delayed? Well, there was a "first run" of discs and if you ended up with one of those (11028), you probably won't be able to connect to Live anymore, even after an update. Those weren't supposed to be handed out, and I think we're waiting for stores to start stocking the second run of discs now. Unfortunately you can't tell which run you've got just by looking at the packaging, but you can tell by looking at the file version info on halo2.exe or h2server.exe.

I hope this helps.

{XF}Lowsy
May 23rd, 2007, 04:52 PM
Our server is a rented box. So we'll have to check on the router to see if it's live compatible. Okay now, how do we do that? Do you have a list or something??

Also, our h2server.exe has a version of 11091. So that looks like it passes.

The title version though is: 100003CA Should they be the same or higher.. Is this good or bad??

Thanks for your help.

dlongley
May 23rd, 2007, 05:19 PM
Here's a list of compatible routers: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox360/homenetworking/equipment.htm

Also make sure that your server isn't behind a firewall that's blocking UDP port 3074.

The title version doesn't match the .exe version -- that's ok. For future reference, you can look at those two numbers to figure out what version you've got and whether you need an update. Every time a new update comes out those numbers get bumped. This works for the game, too -- just check halo2.exe and halo2.exe.cfg. The server and client .exe versions need to match in order to play together.

{XF}Lowsy
May 23rd, 2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks.. Do you know what the 'Live service' should be running (you posted in the other thread something about an MSI.

dlongley
May 23rd, 2007, 05:47 PM
Thanks.. Do you know what the 'Live service' should be running (you posted in the other thread something about an MSI.

Don't quote me on this, but I *think* it's up to version 1.0.6027. You can see which version you've got by looking in Add/Remove programs in control panel.

This should be the relevant support page: http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Support/Pages/LIVEtroubleshoot.aspx

Though most of that is geared toward the game client, a lot of it applies to the game server too, just not the UI-related parts obviously.

The link to download the latest MSI is giving me an HTTP 404 right now, arg! If that gets fixed or someone else can find a copy of XLiveRedist1.0.6027.msi maybe they can post.

bum has knife
May 23rd, 2007, 05:50 PM
1.0.6027 is the current version.

{XF}Lowsy
May 23rd, 2007, 05:55 PM
Thanks again, we do have that very version installed on our box. That is the version that came on my DVD.

What I can not figure out is:
'if that Live program is currently running', and/or
'if that Live program is a service'. If so, what's the name to look for. Cause I don't see anything with 'live' or 'gaming', etc.

also, if that Live program is required for the H2Server to actually connect to LIVE

dlongley
May 23rd, 2007, 06:01 PM
Oh ok -- the Live runtime doesn't run on its own. It's basically some registry settings and a DLL that gets loaded when you run the dedicated server.

You'll see it listed in Add/Remove programs as "LIVE gaming on Windows Runtime Version 1.0.6027" but it doesn't run as a process or a service. As long as it's listed there, you should be able to run your server.

{XF} Doc
May 23rd, 2007, 06:24 PM
ok I'll check it out now (if you couldn't guess from the tags Lowsy and I are working on the same box)

JoeBlack
May 23rd, 2007, 06:24 PM
Just got my server running its called the10legionHC ,its running mostly rockets now everyone is welcome:)

{XF} Doc
May 23rd, 2007, 06:26 PM
we do indeed have 1.0.6027

{XF} Doc
May 23rd, 2007, 06:27 PM
Just got my server running its called the10legionHC ,its running mostly rockets now everyone is welcome:)

I hate you =P

{XF}Lowsy
May 24th, 2007, 01:00 PM

Joe, where's your server today?? Don't see it on the list anymore.

JoeBlack
May 24th, 2007, 02:55 PM
I closed it for a while,needed to boot the box into XP. now its back up.

Knome
May 26th, 2007, 01:08 PM
I closed it for a while,needed to boot the box into XP. now its back up.

So its not a 2k3 box? The problem seems to be connected solely to the 2k3 servers.
I highly doubt that a router at a data-center is incompatible with live.

Knome
May 27th, 2007, 10:14 PM
one of our members says they got their 2k3 box to work but he doesn't know what he did. we're trying to figure it out now but so far no luck.

{XF}Lowsy
May 27th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Was it on a 'home' box. Or remote. That seems to be the magic question.

Knome
May 27th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Don't know the member lives in australia so the times are really weird when he shows up.

Knome
May 28th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Well we've confirmed it works, we have another box that is running the server. It is a remote box owned by one of our members from their office. Now the problem is that we still dont' know what the hell is the difference between the two or why its not working.