PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect to LIVE

xploreredfusion
May 22nd, 2007, 04:22 PM
I've installed the update but when i try to Log-in to LIVE i've this error:0x8015190E WHY?

spidoman
May 22nd, 2007, 04:32 PM
Try reinstalling the update, and if that doesn't work try reinstalling halo.

Michael_EPGS
May 22nd, 2007, 04:35 PM
http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Support/Pages/LIVEtroubleshoot.aspx

xploreredfusion
May 22nd, 2007, 04:40 PM
ok now try to reinstall HALO 2

xploreredfusion
May 22nd, 2007, 05:03 PM
Try reinstalling the update, and if that doesn't work try reinstalling halo.
Don't work...

flibitijibibo
May 22nd, 2007, 05:37 PM
According to the error code, the service isn't available. Maybe try tomorrow or something.

xploreredfusion
May 22nd, 2007, 11:24 PM
According to the error code, the service isn't available. Maybe try tomorrow or something.

why only me?

Halo2Vista
May 22nd, 2007, 11:32 PM
*sigh* believe me there are millions of really over pissed americans that can't wait to get their hands on H2V and they hear on the forums that there are errors and well the live one is one of the top 2 issuesthe very top issue is installation process and either people didn't check requirments or the whole damn disk is fucked up but some east coast states are really pissed and a rumored "RECALL" with MS is in action now. well that blows for you but i can play on GFW-LIVE fine

frostbite2600
May 24th, 2007, 05:43 PM
I have the same problem, only I dont get an error code. I have connected stright to the internet, no router still same problem. I did the registry edit and it didnt help. I did the manual updates (both of them) and still nothing. This really pisses me off, M$ and Bungue better fix it quick, or theres gonna be alot of pissed off ppl

flibitijibibo
May 24th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Bah, now I'm getting the message. Maybe GFWL hates the US.

HMReaper
May 25th, 2007, 02:16 PM
yeah i have the same problem...my friend said he tried signing on when he was on dial-up and that dident work but when he got on his highspeed again it worked find...so that might help for some people...but i have the problem with high-speed so who knows..

Wolfchild
May 25th, 2007, 09:16 PM
I too have this problem.

When I try to connect to LIVE from within H2V, it says "No profiles found." So I tried selecting create new blah and when it jumped to IE to the web page to create a new LIVE account, I alt-tab back into H2V to get to the LIVE browser and enter my LIVE account email and PW. I get a screen that says,

"Downloading profile. This may take a few minutes blah blah..."There is what looks like it might be a progress indicator bar towards the bottom of this screen but it never moves. That screen goes away after about 10 seconds and I get a screen that says,

"Update required. An update is available for this game from LIVE."I click on "Yes, update now." I now get a screen that says "Update in progress" with the same immobile progress indicator for about 10 seconds. Then it says,

"Update failed. Can't download the update. Make sure that you are connected to the internet. If the problem persists, go to www.xbox.com/support."Yes, I have disabled my other network adapter.
Yes, I have moved the remaining network adapter to the top of the binding order.
Yes, I have tried reinstalling Halo 2 Vista.
Yes, I have downloaded XLiveRedist1.0.6027.msi it run it - it runs without complaints.
Yes, halo2.exe is listed as an exception in the firewall with no limits on the scope.
Yes, TCP port 3074 is open in the firewall with no limits in the scope.
Yes, this computer connects to the internet. I'm posting this aren't I?

Does anyone have any nuggets of wisdom to offer?

No LIVE means no multiplayer, and no multiplayer means I'll taking this game back.

Thanks,
woof

ThatForumPlace
May 26th, 2007, 06:55 AM
You described my same problem verbatim. Trying to figure out why so many of us are having this issue. Maybe there's something in common. Post additional details, we can probably figure this out ourselves (cause M$ customer service was useless)

Behind a router (Linksys)
ISP: Magma DSL
Ethernet: 10/100 Intel

frustrating....

I too have this problem.

When I try to connect to LIVE from within H2V, it says "No profiles found." So I tried selecting create new blah and when it jumped to IE to the web page to create a new LIVE account, I alt-tab back into H2V to get to the LIVE browser and enter my LIVE account email and PW. I get a screen that says,

There is what looks like it might be a progress indicator bar towards the bottom of this screen but it never moves. That screen goes away after about 10 seconds and I get a screen that says,

I click on "Yes, update now." I now get a screen that says "Update in progress" with the same immobile progress indicator for about 10 seconds. Then it says,

Yes, I have disabled my other network adapter.
Yes, I have moved the remaining network adapter to the top of the binding order.
Yes, I have tried reinstalling Halo 2 Vista.
Yes, I have downloaded XLiveRedist1.0.6027.msi it run it - it runs without complaints.
Yes, halo2.exe is listed as an exception in the firewall with no limits on the scope.
Yes, TCP port 3074 is open in the firewall with no limits in the scope.
Yes, this computer connects to the internet. I'm posting this aren't I?

Does anyone have any nuggets of wisdom to offer?

No LIVE means no multiplayer, and no multiplayer means I'll taking this game back.

Thanks,
woof

ThatForumPlace
May 26th, 2007, 07:16 AM
additional details/specs:

Same problem on two computers (bought 2 copies) behind same router.

Windows not activated on one pc, activated it on the other thinking maybe that was it, but no.

running out of ideas...

anyone?????

Wolfchild
May 26th, 2007, 10:29 AM
This computer is behind a DLink 10/100 ethernet switch, which then goes into one the four port on my Broadxent DSL modem (which I suppose has a little router inside it). My ISP is Speakeasy, and I believe tha DSL provider is Covad.

However I think it likely that this problem lies either on my computer or in Redmond - not any place in between.

woof

ThatForumPlace
May 26th, 2007, 10:32 AM
if it's any help to anyone - we had a 3rd copy which went to my buddy. He installed it at home and had no problems. Given that, I think we can rule out that Live is not accepting new accounts (he registered his about an hour before me), and we can also rule out that it's a location thing (since we live in teh same city). He's on Internet through Cable - just curious is everyone here who's having this problem connecting via DSL by any chance?

ThatForumPlace
May 27th, 2007, 09:40 AM
SOLUTION FOUND!!!

I finally got it working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

wooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

answer here (http://www.thatforumplace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=5906&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=087e62b45947c336bed802a99f351a1c&start=15):

{XF}Lowsy
May 27th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Your welcome...

Wolfchild
May 30th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Bump.

So far nothing has worked for me to get H2V to connect to LIVE.

woof

mesh
June 1st, 2007, 06:55 PM
I am having the exact same issue, and have gone through all of the debug steps mentioned earlier.

I even completely disable both my Vista firewall, and my router firewall to see if it was a firewall issue.

I am using a Cable modem, not DSL.

mesh