PDA

View Full Version : Any of ya got any projects you are gonna attempt in Vista?

PlasbianX
September 4th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Any of ya got any projects you are gonna attempt in Vista?

I know i got a few.
For example, i know about script injection into halo2 maps. And i know the gravityless script. So, i plan on doing something like a space battle or something, where you can float around and what not, between bases. Nothing major has came to mind yet. Im not really the one to do anything to big, as i only really use max for 1 of two things. 1) to increase my max skills, cause id love to do 3d modelling for a living. (or mainly architecture) 2) I just like to challenge myself, and push it to the next level. Im probably stick to finishing what im doing now (which is top secret ;D), and release on BOTH vista and CE if i can manage it. CE wouldnt be as detailed texture wise though. And id have to do weapons differently, with that whole dual weild thing.

So, anything you guys got planned? Or will ya keep it a secret.

TheGhost
September 4th, 2006, 07:10 PM
I think it would be cool to extend Project BlueStreak (http://ghost.halomaps.org/bluestreak/) to Halo 2 Vista.

It would be quite an undertaking, especially at first, but once we become more familiar with modding Halo 2 it might become a reality.

PlasbianX
September 4th, 2006, 07:18 PM
I think it would be cool to extend Project BlueStreak (http://ghost.halomaps.org/bluestreak/) to Halo 2 Vista.

It would be quite an undertaking, especially at first, but once we become more familiar with modding Halo 2 it might become a reality.

I hope ya can get them working for H2V. Your apps are amazing, and really help us mappers / moders in this community ^_^

Agamemnon
September 4th, 2006, 07:19 PM
All I know is I am first going to play the game and see how different it varies from the Xbox version. Then (I don't care how long it takes) I will learn about modding and bring H2CE to PC, making it much more mainstreamed than its Xbox counterpart. Then again, the H2CE team is probably already thinking about that...

TheGhost
September 4th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Oh yeah of course I'm going to play a ton first. But I can't wait to open up that editor....

Agamemnon
September 4th, 2006, 07:22 PM
I'm curious as well as to see what they're doing with the editor. They keep coveting about it and hopefully it's all cracked up to what it's supposed to be.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
September 4th, 2006, 07:31 PM
First I'mg going to beat the campaign in two days like I did when I got halo2 for xbox. Then I'm going to make my sp map (hopefully there will be sp support) for h2V. If there isn't sp support then I don't know. :/

Stealth
September 4th, 2006, 11:51 PM
I'm trying to make a map for H2V, I think you guys have heard of it, it is called, Ghosts of Reach, and I've been working on it, and I think I have a Lay out that I like, but all I need now is to finsh the Redraw on my Comp and find some people to help me with it. right now before H2V comes out, all I need is some one to model it, and maybe Skin it, but other then that, it is going to have to wait for H2V to come out, and for me to upgrade my Desktop to Vista, and or get me a real desktop, not this 3" tall desktop.

legionaire45
September 5th, 2006, 12:46 AM
If the engine allows, I may work on a single player. I have drawwings! im liek, practically done with it. All I need to do now...is...model...and...compile...and..script.... hopefully in the right order XD

Timo
September 5th, 2006, 03:30 AM
Make a UI, if they don't block that out like they did with CE.

rossmum
September 5th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking of a few things I'd like to do. Weapons and such, mainly.

StankBacon
September 5th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Make a UI, if they don't block that out like they did with CE.

hmm i havent thought of that, i wonder how or even if theyll give us that ability.

has there been any screens of the h2pc UI yet?

PlasbianX
September 5th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Even if they dont give us the ability, its gonna be possible. Custom UIs are possible in halo2, by switching the bsp of a MP map into the UI map. So.... why couldnt we do the same for Halo2Vista, and use a custom BSP from a custom MP map?

Zeph
September 5th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Chri..Wave of Lag has a project he's working on getting into H2V. After aweing him with a few short cinematic scripts I've written, he's having me make sure it flows properly and works out as a game.

Other than that, I have a MP level in the works. After enjoying the smarts it takes to be successful at CS, I'm trying to build that type of gameplay into H2V. I had certain gameplay features I wanted in the map, and after testing them, they all worked out very successfully. So, I'm working it into a full fledged map. I deeply hope it turns out to be a good map, because I've worked on it for such a long time.

TheGhost
September 5th, 2006, 10:26 PM
has there been any screens of the h2pc UI yet?

Nope.

Do you think they're going to use the Halo 2 XBox UI like Halo PC used the original UI? I think they wouldn't change it up too much, if at all.

Zeph
September 5th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Nope.

Do you think they're going to use the Halo 2 XBox UI like Halo PC used the original UI? I think they wouldn't change it up too much, if at all.

I think they will. They'll probably ditch the press start to continue screen and replace the 'y for friends list' thing with a '~ for console and friends' similar to what source is doing.

Boo Diddly
September 7th, 2006, 10:11 PM
I'm thinking of taking my map that I'm doing and converting it to H2 without too many problems *hopefully*.

I'm no expert about the H2 ui, but I think that it was built into the game itself unlike h1. They probably will either have it so that it immediatly puts you into the normal menu *bypasing the log in, you auto login with the last used account* or going to the log in screen. Either way they probably going to skip "Press Start to Begin* or whatever.

Zeph
September 7th, 2006, 11:37 PM
I'm thinking of taking my map that I'm doing and converting it to H2 without too many problems *hopefully*.

I'm no expert about the H2 ui, but I think that it was built into the game itself unlike h1. They probably will either have it so that it immediatly puts you into the normal menu *bypasing the log in, you auto login with the last used account* or going to the log in screen. Either way they probably going to skip "Press Start to Begin* or whatever.

Nope, its just more widget definitions. It's deeper than the H1 widgets, but only because they're the only specialized things in the game.

Rescudo
September 12th, 2006, 09:28 AM
I'm going to learn how to make maps. At least if the new editor tools are so noobfriendly that I can learn them ;)

Chewy Gumball
September 12th, 2006, 02:28 PM
I have a project that will be on H2V. You may get a sneak peak in my map I will be releasing soon... if rad ever finishes!

Bad Waffle
September 13th, 2006, 12:12 AM
I'm gonna try making a new game, and making a grav gun. Gravgun first, becuz games R lame lol

Teroh
September 14th, 2006, 01:12 AM
My project: Play.
I'll leave all the mapping to the people who know what the hell they're doing.

V0Lt4Ge
September 14th, 2006, 02:07 AM
I'll probably do some skinning or something... I'm not much good at anything else. =\

Atty
September 14th, 2006, 03:41 AM
I'd like to have different HUD colors, not just for different player models but for anyone. The blue just gets so boring. Thats one thing I'll probably try and do as soon as I get H2V.

Siliconmaster
September 21st, 2006, 01:06 PM
Not sure if Machinima counts, but Dust to Dust might switch over once H2V comes out. Not sure if it will work, because our sets are being made in CE. We'll have to see. Dang, that rhymes. :) Lawl.

TheGhost
September 21st, 2006, 01:47 PM
With that thought in mind, I'm wondering how hard it would be to convert a CE map to a Halo 2 Vista map... If the process of map creation doesn't differ much from the current HEK, it should be a breeze.

Chewy Gumball
September 21st, 2006, 02:01 PM
I hope Radiosity is quicker. It takes forever.

Arteen
September 21st, 2006, 04:50 PM
I'm going to update and port most of my maps to Halo 2 Vista. Hopefully it will be easy with the H2EK. I've recently been trying to get STC finished finally, so hopefully it will be out in CE before H2V is out.

I hope many of the bugs such as invisible geometry and errors caused by intersecting geometry are fixed in H2EK. I'd also like to have stuff like multiple fog clusters in a single bsp.

Specifically, I'm probably going to update and port:
Vestige/Atephobia
Concat
Tension
Delta Ruins
Fragment
Casualty Isle
Grove
Snowtorn Cove

Zeph
September 21st, 2006, 08:27 PM
With that thought in mind, I'm wondering how hard it would be to convert a CE map to a Halo 2 Vista map... If the process of map creation doesn't differ much from the current HEK, it should be a breeze.

At the hardest, it should be as hard as ripping the geometry from the CE map and re-exporting with the new Tool.

mined
September 21st, 2006, 10:05 PM
I've got a three-some map plan and a little machinima that I am saving for H2Vista. I'll probably start posting my concept art for review here around winter break. It will go something like this:

Reciprocal
- Halo landing bay and energy plant introducing the final version of the Hoplite.

Banshee Falls
- Cliffhanging water ionizing facility.

Head2Head
- The USNC Chesty Puller vs. the rogue Order Of Sparta.

Each map will be released with a machinima introduction since multiplayer won't support cutscenes. I already have a script drafted with a decent storyline that ties the three maps together.

Scooby Doo
September 25th, 2006, 04:54 PM
i've been working on a lil sum sum. pics will come in due time.

~Scooby

Zeph
September 25th, 2006, 05:20 PM
I've got a three-some map plan and a little machinima that I am saving for H2Vista. I'll probably start posting my concept art for review here around winter break. It will go something like this:

Reciprocal
- Halo landing bay and energy plant introducing the final version of the Hoplite.

Banshee Falls
- Cliffhanging water ionizing facility.

Head2Head
- The USNC Chesty Puller vs. the rogue Order Of Sparta.

Each map will be released with a machinima introduction since multiplayer won't support cutscenes. I already have a script drafted with a decent storyline that ties the three maps together.

How do you know that multiplayer wont support cutscenes?

mined
September 25th, 2006, 05:49 PM
^ ah-ha...looks like I made an ass out of u and me. I figured that wouldn't change between HALO and H2. Good point though. If the game is being ported specifically with a custom content package, why wouldn't it be able to support multiplayer cutscenes.

:eyesroll:

PenGuin1362
September 25th, 2006, 08:37 PM
ambush :p

black hawk hijacking ftw

thehoodedsmack
September 25th, 2006, 08:54 PM
I'm thinking a single player map where you play as Sgt. Johnson during the fight for Earth.

DOMINATOR
October 1st, 2006, 03:12 AM
E3 Mombasa map of the 03 demo video

mR_r0b0to
October 4th, 2006, 01:56 AM
i'm free during school breaks (i.e. christmas/summer/thanksgiving)

i might attempt something :)

Rescudo
October 11th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Oh yes, I will make RetuNE version 2 in case special characters are still not possible. Though I think they will be this time around.