PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Tag Database

TheGhost
May 23rd, 2007, 05:11 PM
The entire tagset released with the game has been uploaded to:

http://files.h2vista.net/tags/h2v/

You can browse for individual tags (if you mess them up) or you can download the entire tagset here:

http://files.h2vista.net/tags/h2v/tags.rar (309 MB, RAR archive)

Enjoy!

m13120
May 23rd, 2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks ghost

FireScythe
May 23rd, 2007, 07:13 PM
Hurrah! Something to play with till I can get Vista, thanks. :)

IPBJT!
May 24th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Any way you can convert them into a compatible format for CE? >_>

Roostervier
May 24th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Nope, definitely not shaders at least. This time around, there is a .shader tag. In that .shader tag, you select the type of .shader_template you want. Then you fill the rest in. That alone would cause that not to be compatible. You will simply have to manually add things into CE.

And thanks, TheGhost. Very helpful stuff.

blazedelite
May 24th, 2007, 04:25 PM
wow thanxz a ton ghost

IPBJT!
May 25th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Nope, definitely not shaders at least. This time around, there is a .shader tag. In that .shader tag, you select the type of .shader_template you want. Then you fill the rest in. That alone would cause that not to be compatible. You will simply have to manually add things into CE.

And thanks, TheGhost. Very helpful stuff.
What about the bitmaps? Does the mapmaker include .tif files (or whatever format is used) for when you're modeling the bsp in max? Because i mainly wanted those since i don't have vista and i'm playing around with the HEK in CE.

E3pO
June 5th, 2007, 01:08 AM
THANKS FOR THE TAGS:):)

Hunter
June 16th, 2007, 03:49 PM
thanks 4 the tags but is there a way of opening the item_collection tags so that we can get the textures?

Masterz1337
June 16th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Item collections don't have anthing to do with the bitmaps tags. The bitmap tags have to do with the bitmap tags.

Kornman00
June 16th, 2007, 04:21 PM
I lol'd

the1
June 17th, 2007, 07:01 AM
is this just the tags that are released with h2v?
if so does that mean there's a h2vista tag extracter. h2vek+. already?
or just all xbox tags?

edit] nvm took the time to look for myself.
good idea though btw

Nick
June 17th, 2007, 07:04 AM
is this just the tags that are released with h2v?
if so does that mean there's a h2vista tag extracter. h2vek+. already?
or just all xbox tags?Yes. No. No.

The entire tagset released with the game has been uploaded to:

Nick

phase
June 17th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Any way you can convert them into a compatible format for CE? >_>
Hevens no that would be illegal:cop:, I think posting the tags that came with halo 2 vista is illegal

Hunter
June 17th, 2007, 08:08 AM
do the H2 vista weapons use multipurpose maps?

teh lag
June 17th, 2007, 08:57 AM
No. They use alpha as specular.

IPBJT!
June 17th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Hevens no that would be illegal:cop:, I think posting the tags that came with halo 2 vista is illegal
I fail to see how if they were released publicly when the game was released.

Roostervier
June 17th, 2007, 10:36 AM
No. They use alpha as specular.Actually, that is only if you choose 'Default Specular' in the Specular options in the shader tag. But yes, he is right. No multipurpose.

phase
June 17th, 2007, 10:48 AM
The tags are open source?!
Where els can I download them?

Nick
June 17th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Well, technically, it is illegal because you would be distributing copyrighted material without the consent of the copyright owner. That is to say, you are making a copy of the tags and redistributing them. The tags that were included with the game with the intent of being reused in user created content can be freely distributed, because they were provided with that intent.

What is not illegal is making an application that decompiles the maps and provides you with the tags. One is free to distribute that application because it is their own private work and simply works with files from the game. The point is that you, the user of the decompilation application, must bring your own map files (that you have a license for) before you can get the tags and the tags are not being distributed to anyone but yourself.

Nick

Kornman00
June 17th, 2007, 05:53 PM
And lets leave it at that.