PDA

View Full Version : On the fence

Physician
May 24th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Hello to everyone who might remember me. I'm kind of on the fence about whether or not to get this after reading about how limited the editor is. I'd like some more information about what can and cannot be done here. Are you even able to import your own models and textures as scenery? If someone has a link or some more information about the state of things let me know.

Ki11a_FTW
May 24th, 2007, 02:34 PM
The only thing you can import as of now, is BSPs, and bitmaps. Kornman is working on unlocking everything else and will be released with Prom.(if he ever releases it).

Lock

Masterz1337
May 24th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Are you the same Physician who use to be on Gearbox?

DTS 7.1
May 24th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Are the H1 bsps usable? silly question i'm sure.

Physician
May 24th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Yes, I am the same Physician that used to be on gearbox, I made a few maps for CE like Faith and Haloball. I would like to do some stuff for h2 too, but would really like to not deal with a gimpy editing kit.

Warsaw
May 24th, 2007, 03:40 PM
I loved Haloball, awesome job on that map. A Halo 2 version would be even better, seeing as it already has a soccer ball in it. :)

X3RO SHIF7
May 24th, 2007, 04:01 PM
The only thing you can import as of now, is BSPs, and bitmaps. Kornman is working on unlocking everything else and will be released with Prom.(if he ever releases it).

Lock
but kornman is not releasing his unlocked editor to the public, its only given out to who he deems fit

Ki11a_FTW
May 24th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Are you the same Physician who use to be on Gearbox?

whoa shit i though i editout "Lock.".. sry

Patrickssj6
May 24th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Are the H1 bsps usable? silly question i'm sure.
Nope.

Similar structure though.

Nick
May 24th, 2007, 10:56 PM
The only thing you can import as of now, is BSPs, and bitmaps. Kornman is working on unlocking everything else and will be released with Prom.(if he ever releases it).No, it won't be released "with Prometheus" because the simple existence of Prometheus negates the need.

Nick

paladin
May 24th, 2007, 11:56 PM
In due time, H2V editing will be like CE's. CE took some time to get some decent maps/ editing tools.

Zeph
May 25th, 2007, 12:04 AM
You can easily make custom bsps. You wont be able to make custom weapons, characters, animated scenery, or crates though. It is a map editor, as the name suggests. You make maps and reuse content that already exists.