PDA

View Full Version : So, Shaders

SuperSunny
May 24th, 2007, 04:57 PM
For those who are playing around with the H2EK, shaders shaders shaders.

They are INCREDIBLE. I'll start at that. The only problem I'm having is, when I make one of my own, and save it, then compile my .ass file, it doesn't detect it. After some searching I discovered that all the shaders are referenced in one file. So how is this bypassed?

Cortexian
May 24th, 2007, 04:59 PM
hack the ref file to include your shader?

SuperSunny
May 24th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Tried, no luck.

jstatz
May 24th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Might not be the problem, but assuming your new shaders are in a new folder, add a new shader_collection file (it's a text file) that contains that path. Search for shader_collection in the help file for some details.

SuperSunny
May 24th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Might not be the problem, but assuming your new shaders are in a new folder, add a new shader_collection file (it's a text file) that contains that path. Search for shader_collection in the help file for some details.

Ah, thank you! It worked! I'm more or less used to tool automatically seaching for the shader files created, but this is a good way of referencing what shaders have been made.

DTS 7.1
May 24th, 2007, 05:37 PM
HA!! .ass file.

Snaver
May 24th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Shaders seem extremely complex, no wonder i couldn't figure them out for the xbox version.. Oh well, we will see how it goes.

SuperSunny
May 24th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Shaders seem extremely complex, no wonder i couldn't figure them out for the xbox version.. Oh well, we will see how it goes.

Indeed they are! But much better than Halo 1's, if you can understand how they work.

Pooky
May 25th, 2007, 12:35 AM
save it, then compile my .ass file

I'm so immature, I snicker everytime someone says ass file :fail:

Snaver
May 25th, 2007, 05:02 AM
Halo 2 Map Editor.chm
Mulitplayer Level Design
Creating and Editing Environment Tags Using Halo 2 Guerilla 4.Browse to your working folder and then to tags\scenarios\shaders, click All Files in the Save as Type box, type mylevel.shader_collection in the Filename box, and then click Save.

The file type should be '.shader_collections' I spent a good hour trying to figure out why my shaders were not being picked up.. lol. Ghost, could we get a local version up that we can modify to fix any errors like these? There were some silly spelling mistakes someone found too.