PDA

View Full Version : Freezing Issues?

Digikid
May 24th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Ok I am stumped....I did a REFORMAT, made sure that ALL the drivers were the LATEST versions....and Halo 2 PC Freezes. I have not even gotten through Cairo Station yet......

I even tore apart my system and reapplied some AS5 on my Tuniq Tower.

Any ideas? Atty?

Syuusuke
May 24th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Is there a safemode option of somesort for H2V? Try that =(

Digikid
May 24th, 2007, 08:44 PM
not that I am aware of.......let me look and see.

And thanks... ;)

YCH
May 24th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Do you have Anti-Aliasing turned on, or a widescreen resolution selected, by any chance?

On my system (A64 X2, 7800GT SLI), the game does this:

1) Intro flickers to black with choppy sound if a widescreen resolution is selected. Normal 4:3 aspect resolutions are okay.

2) Cairo station: while crossing the moving platform just before getting to the Covenent bomb, the game crashes consistently unless I run a 4:3 resolution and disable anti-aliasing. However, even without crashing, fighting the elites in that bomb area is incredibly choppy (~20fps)...I usually get 50-90fps even during normal heavy firefights.

TPE
May 25th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Do you have Anti-Aliasing turned on, or a widescreen resolution selected, by any chance?

On my system (A64 X2, 7800GT SLI), the game does this:

1) Intro flickers to black with choppy sound if a widescreen resolution is selected. Normal 4:3 aspect resolutions are okay.

2) Cairo station: while crossing the moving platform just before getting to the Covenent bomb, the game crashes consistently unless I run a 4:3 resolution and disable anti-aliasing. However, even without crashing, fighting the elites in that bomb area is incredibly choppy (~20fps)...I usually get 50-90fps even during normal heavy firefights.disable SLI and your probs will be fixed

H2V eats the shit out of HDD usage, so let it load, pause it. wait like 5 min and try to play it

YCH
May 25th, 2007, 12:39 AM
disable SLI and your probs will be fixed

H2V eats the shit out of HDD usage, so let it load, pause it. wait like 5 min and try to play it

The SLI issue sounds plausible. I'm not sure about the HDD usage thing though. I'm now on the second Halo ring, and combat has been amazingly smooth overall except for maybe 2 scenes (one of them being the bomb scene). The bomb scene in particular feels like a programming bug of some sort. There's some sort of distance trigger that triggers the low framerate. Specifically, when I walk close to the elevator door that takes me to the bomb bay, the framerate takes a nosedive, but if I backpedal a few steps behind this imaginary threshold, framerate is high again. :/

Digikid
May 25th, 2007, 03:28 PM
I do not have SLI enabled.

HDD issues ....that is not it because it crashes to desktop then Windows wants to report it.

Digikid
May 27th, 2007, 09:22 AM
anyone?

Lightning
May 27th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Sounds like RAM. Add some?

bleach
May 27th, 2007, 10:56 PM
this makes me NOT want to buy Halo 2 for Windows Vista anymore. If i here like 4 - 7 more complaints, i'm sticking to Halo CE.

X3RO SHIF7
May 28th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Sounds like RAM. Add some?
according to his profile he has 4gb of RAM, either he joking or he has more then enough lol

Syuusuke
May 28th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Maybe it's too much RAM D: