PDA

View Full Version : WTF.....AUTO AIM

DTS 7.1
May 24th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Is it just me or is auto aim a legitimate name for a fucking AIMBOT?? I swear to christ, I'm a pretty good HALO player but I find myself getting SLAUGHTERED by some pretty impossible shots.

And is it just me or does it take a hell of a lot LESS to die? ugh.:mad:

WolfenRage
May 24th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Judging by your Gamercard you haven't played the Xbox version. It is plagued by Auto Aim Bs aswell.

But then again compared to Halo PC, Halo 2 networking is alot better.
I found it alot harder to die in Halo PC because I know how to lead my shots compared to my ignorant opponents.

paladin
May 24th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Your gamer card means jack...

jahrain
May 25th, 2007, 05:48 AM
AutoAim + Magnetism + PC + NO LEAD = WTFH4X shots, no cheats needed.

Spartan452
May 25th, 2007, 07:09 AM
but auto aim is only for the controller people

DaneO'Roo
May 25th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Jahrains a winner, pretty much sums up my thoughts, I think the actual lack of a netcode with CE made it FUN. Because we had to learn and adapt, thus making us feel much more......you know like we EARNED our skills rather than just....had them. The feeling of getting a 40 - 5 ratio with 300 ping or me in CE was such a RUSH. H2 is like, spawn- bang.bang,bang dead.

Pooky
May 25th, 2007, 08:15 AM
You know what's wierd... if I have ~300 ping I always get sniper headshots like crazy, no more no less. I can't snipe worth shit with 30 ping

Trinx
May 25th, 2007, 08:20 AM
AutoAim + Magnetism + PC + NO LEAD = WTFH4X shots, no cheats needed.
Pretty much sums it up. If you are able to keep your ret. on someone's head and follow them with it, sup headshots.

Limited
May 25th, 2007, 08:21 AM
You know what's wierd... if I have ~300 ping I always get sniper headshots like crazy, no more no less. I can't snipe worth shit with 30 ping
Are you using controller or mouse keyborad in h2v though.

Controller does have autoaim, I just dunno how much, i hope it doesnt spoil the game.

jahrain
May 25th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Someones going to hack it to enable keyboard/mouse autoaim, probably by fooling the PC into thinking the keyboard/mouse in a controller via some driver h4x. I can just see it now. Having it enabled at all is just too risky. Halo CE/PC may have had it, but with ping leading, it wasn't that bad, plus magnetism, the true aimbot like feature, was disabled completely in Halo PC/CE.

DTS 7.1
May 25th, 2007, 09:48 AM
It'd be nice to have the options to NOT allow gamepad players in your server if that garbage is on.

MereCatfish
May 25th, 2007, 09:52 AM
It'd be nice to have the options to NOT allow gamepad players in your server if that garbage is on.

Why would they do that? MS are encouraging the controller, they want everyone to use it.

DTS 7.1
May 25th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Cause I hate it...DUH. :P

itszutak
May 25th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Why would they do that? MS are encouraging the controller, they want everyone to use it.
Cause they make more money that way. :)

jahrain
May 25th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Sell Xbox360 controllers to PC users because it enables Autoaim eh? Who wouldn't buy?

Genocide
May 25th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Someones going to hack it to enable keyboard/mouse autoaim, probably by fooling the PC into thinking the keyboard/mouse in a controller via some driver h4x. I can just see it now. Having it enabled at all is just too risky. Halo CE/PC may have had it, but with ping leading, it wasn't that bad, plus magnetism, the true aimbot like feature, was disabled completely in Halo PC/CE.

Good old Jahrain, always giving people ideas.

X3RO SHIF7
May 25th, 2007, 10:36 AM
i dont like playing with auto aim or magnatism, i find it easier without it

spidoman
May 25th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Cause I hate it...DUH. :P

Do you hate it, or do you think you're going to hate it? I've played probably about a dozen hours of MP and don't have any complaints about autoaim. I have yet to come up against anyone who seems to have an aiming advantage. Whether that's because nobody uses a 360 controller, or the autoaim is actually set up correctly, who knows, but I'm guessing it's the second.

__Blaz0__
May 25th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Judging by your Gamercard you haven't played the Xbox version.

ummm,,, Halo2 Xbox will not show up on anyone's gamercard. Backward compatible games do not show up.

xExus
May 25th, 2007, 12:24 PM
i dont like playing with auto aim or magnatism, i find it easier without it

How could you find it easier without auto-aim?
For example on XBL when you aim someone at mid-range with the BR in the chest you get headshots lol

HMReaper
May 25th, 2007, 12:34 PM
you all do realize that without the magnatisem useing a controller would be impossible in such a fast paced game like halo. even without it the M/K owns the controller so i dont see a point to this tread...yes im sure applying the magnatism to the keyboard can be done but that would screw your aim up if you ask me...

MasterChief2829
May 25th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Judging by your Gamercard you haven't played the Xbox version. It is plagued by Auto Aim Bs aswell.

But then again compared to Halo PC, Halo 2 networking is alot better.
I found it alot harder to die in Halo PC because I know how to lead my shots compared to my ignorant opponents.
Xbox 1 games do not show up on your GameCard.

Crest
May 25th, 2007, 02:10 PM
I use the controller in H2V MP.(when it works) And I play the same if not better then the other players. Plus I can lay on my bed when I play with my headset. It's nice.

Though I suck with M/KB....

Masterz1337
May 25th, 2007, 02:19 PM
So you all do know, PC had magnetism on all the bullets as well.

HMReaper
May 25th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Without it it would be like trying to play halo with counter-strike weapons. Lets make it so u have to unload a whole clip and still dont hit a target 3 feet infront of you...

Amit
May 25th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Well that is just called bad aim, yes you jumping like a monkey, but You can just stay still for half a second and shoot with only losing 15 rounds. Depends on the gun too. I have the most kills with the M4A1 Carbine "Maverick."
Fucking AWPers.

HMReaper
May 25th, 2007, 02:47 PM
lol i never said that i suck at CS:S im accually damn good. I play for a CAL team Dogs Of War. Im just saying i like the whole halo mid air boom headshot style of play then the OMFG RUNNING HEADSHOT U HAXOR style in CS:S

jahrain
May 25th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Magnetism is not bullet deviation. Magnetism takes control of your aiming, not the bullets.

Snowy
May 25th, 2007, 06:02 PM
you all do realize that without the magnatisem useing a controller would be impossible in such a fast paced game like halo. even without it the M/K owns the controller so i dont see a point to this tread...yes im sure applying the magnatism to the keyboard can be done but that would screw your aim up if you ask me...

Please tell me that you did not call halo fast paced.

jahrain
May 25th, 2007, 06:14 PM
UT2004/Quake 3 = fast paced. Halo, halo 2, not so much.

Limited
May 25th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Magnetism is not bullet deviation. Magnetism takes control of your aiming, not the bullets.Actually it makes your bullets hit the enemy even when the rectile isnt on the enemy. So it does actually magnetise the bullets.

jahrain
May 25th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Actually it makes your bullets hit the enemy even when the crosshair isnt on the enemy. So it does actually magnetise the bullets. True, but its actually defined as autoaim in halo. Autoaim makes the bullets deviate towards the target (you shoot a bit to the left or right, and notice the bullets shoot at the target, but thats not what Halo Magnetism is. Its hard for me to explain this without people getting confused and misinformed thinking I am talking about autoaim. Magnetism, unlike auto aim, sort of locks the crosshair onto the target, but very loosely. It seems as if the crosshair is weakly magnetized to the enemy, which is why it is called magnetism. It works almost like the aimbot thats around for Halo PC/CE, but it is very concealed, and makes you think your an amazing skilled aimer when the computer is actually assisting your controller's movements. This is used in Perfect Dark for the n64, Halo 1 for the Xbox, and Halo 2 for the Xbox only, but now in Halo 2 for the PC if you use a 360 controller. The reasons it was implemented is because people naturally suck using analog sticks for FPS aiming, try using the xbox controller in Halo PC, or Counter strike, then compare with Halo 2 on the xbox you will see why. If you want to experiment with this yourself, just play some halo 2 on the xbox using the SMG, which has very high magnetism. If your aware of it, you will notice it right away.

Bodzilla
May 25th, 2007, 07:11 PM
auto-aim* not magnetism :P

magnetism is the curser snapping onto there body.

edit: <3 jahrain explained it already

Masterz1337
May 25th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Auto Aim is when it automaticly aims, if I recall, bullets being attracted to targets is magnetism.

bleach
May 25th, 2007, 08:22 PM
ya. Masterz is right. :worship:

jahrain
May 25th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Auto Aim is when it automaticly aims, if I recall, bullets being attracted to targets is magnetism.
What do you mean by automatically aims?

I hope your not talking about like how the plasma pistol fully charged works, thats another whole thing altogether. Look, to get this set straight, just open up guerilla and open up the sniper rifle tags. Under where it says Aim Assist, set the Autoaim angle to 45 degrees, and range to 100. Then set the magnetism angle to 0.1 and the magnetism range to 1. Then set the Deviation angle to 45 degrees also. Now that magnetism is virtually off, and the Autoaim is at wtfh4x, compile a map, and try out the sniper rifle on some targets. Then do the same but inverse settings with magnetism range and angle and see what the differences is. This should set the clear the confusion in the 2 definitions of autoaim and magnetism. Whether either of us is correct does not matter, the fact still remains that the feature that causes the crosshair to 'stick' to a target has been disabled in Halo PC/CE.

WolfenRage
May 25th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Xbox 1 games do not show up on your GameCard.

Wow could have swore they did
My gamercard states when Im playing Halo 2 and when I last played it though :confused:

I agree with Reaper btw, the ability to control your aim more, and faster. Will dominate the clunky control you have with a controller, even with autoaim. BTW, I own a K/M adapter for the xbox and I feel that I have a extreme advantage using a Mouse to aim.

I think Halo 2 is fast paced, I play UT2k4, Quake 4 ect.
but compare it to the real slow paced shooters, it is nothing like them

Autoaim, Hitbox video for Halo 2 xbox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au7KE9xUVTk

HMReaper
May 26th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Please tell me that you did not call halo fast paced.
Halo IS fast paced. UT2k4 and quake are a whole other level. so Yes halo would be called a fast paced shooter. games are intense and you can rack up kills much faster then many other games like CoD and CS:S. No its not the ADHD OMFG WHATS GOING ON of UT. but it has its moments.

Pooky
May 26th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Halo IS fast paced. UT2k4 and quake are a whole other level. so Yes halo would be called a fast paced shooter. games are intense and you can rack up kills much faster then many other games like CoD and CS:S. No its not the ADHD OMFG WHATS GOING ON of UT. but it has its moments.

No. Halo is NOT fast paced. Halo is one of the slowest shooters out there.

Pooky
May 26th, 2007, 01:15 AM

Lag double post.

p0lar_bear
May 26th, 2007, 01:17 AM
God, 38 posts in this thread and only very few of you are right.

Listen up people. In Halo:

Autoaim is the adjustment of bullet direction. I have a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjp7c6tGYlg) showing this phenomenon.

Magnetism is RETICLE magnetism; the game moves your aiming direction for you to assist with your aiming when an enemy character is in your sights.

Projectile homing is when the projectile changes its trajectory AFTER firing to home in on an enemy. See the needler.

Halo XBox and Halo 2 XBox both have auto-aim and magnetism. Halo PC has auto-aim, but not magnetism. Halo 2 Vista has both, but magnetism is only active if you are using the XBox 360 controller.

Halo IS fast paced.Halo is anything but fast-paced. A fast-paced game means fast players, fast bullets, fast action, fast thinking, like Unreal Tournament. In Halo, I get more time to think and strategize. Therefore, Halo is a slower-paced game. How fast you accumulate kills has nothing to do with the pace of a game. That's like saying a song is fast-paced because it has a lot of notes, even though the tempo is 60bpm.

WolfenRage
May 26th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Have you played Battlefield?, Ghost Recon?, Squad based games are so much slower than Halo

Just for fun lets see how many times halo 2 get mentioned with fast/slow paced through google

FIGHT (http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=&#37;22Halo+2%22+%22Fast+Paced%22&word2=%22Halo+2+%22+%22Slow+Paced%22)

Agamemnon
May 26th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Have you played Battlefield?, Ghost Recon?, Squad based games are so much slower than Halo

Just for fun lets see how many times halo 2 get mentioned with fast/slow paced through google

FIGHT (http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=%22Halo+2%22+%22Fast+Paced%22&word2=%22Halo+2+%22+%22Slow+Paced%22)
Yeah, the "majority rules" argument. Get enough support facts from a Google fight and you'll win any argument. :gonk:

Go play FEAR and then go play Halo and then tell me how it isn't slow. No, don't go on another "lawl majority rules" spree; I just presented you with a factual experiment you yourself can test, so go try it out.

kungpow
May 26th, 2007, 10:11 AM
He said "just for fun" he wasnt trying to prove anything...

Agamemnon
May 26th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Yeah, I'm sure he wasn't. Who takes the time for a Google fight in an argument "just for fun?"

WolfenRage
May 26th, 2007, 01:12 PM
I do play FEAR, UT2k4, and Quake 4. whats you point?
and I did it a Google fight out of curiosity, people can have their opinions right?
Whether Halo is Fast paced or slow paced will always be an opinion.
I think we should get back on complaining about auto aim.

jahrain
May 26th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Halo is "mid paced"? Ghost recon: slow paced, UT: fast paced. Halo is nether one of these 2 extremes, so its mid paced.

Argument settled, now go have some Pie.

Aeron
May 26th, 2007, 08:53 PM
im so pissed of with theese conrtoller pansies tho, auto aim, magentism whatever they have an advantage.

put me in a server with other k/m users i do fine, put someone with a controller in there and they clean up

WolfenRage
May 26th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Hopefully there will be an option that will disable auto aim on your Dedicated server, or even ban someone using a controller

Syuusuke
May 29th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Ban someone using a controller...

More like revamp the balancing.

Aeron
May 29th, 2007, 08:07 PM
well i dont think a ban is the right way,

but i dont think it needs controller support at all, really i mean its a pc game, pc fps means mouse/keyboard.

and it has for years, the game shouldnt be pandering for controllers

jahrain
May 29th, 2007, 08:23 PM
I think a simple solution would have just to make the servers decide whether it will allow players with controllers to have autoaim, or to have servers specify if it will allow only mouse/keyboard usage, only xbox360 controller usage, or allow both. No matter how hard they try, you can't balance the handicaps given to controllers users with autoaim and match them up with keyboard users and that really fux things up for tournaments since they can't verify whether a player has autoaim or not.

p0lar_bear
May 29th, 2007, 08:28 PM
I think a simple solution would have just to make the servers decide whether it will allow players with controllers to have autoaim, or to have servers specify if it will allow only mouse/keyboard usage, only xbox360 controller usage, or allow both. No matter how hard they try, you can't balance the handicaps given to controllers users with autoaim and match them up with keyboard users and that really fux things up for tournaments since they can't verify whether a player has autoaim or not.

At least for tournaments, as a pre-game check, they could have one person walk in front of all of the players. If anyone's aim moves while that person walks in front of them, it's a dead giveaway that they have a controller, or are cheating.

Masterz1337
May 29th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Or just tounry editions of maps where the controller would have no autoaim.

DaaxGhost
May 29th, 2007, 08:41 PM
It's possible that the player who you thoguht was using aimbot warped or lagged. I have had that alotho he wa turned all the way around and then appeared right beside me and shot me. It may be tht he was lagging or something. Did he have high ping?

Aeron
May 29th, 2007, 08:49 PM
plus as someone said, its only a matter of time before they fool the game into thinking your using a controller when your actually using k/m.

Which would give auto aim plus speed and precision of the mouse

jahrain
May 29th, 2007, 11:32 PM
At least for tournaments, as a pre-game check, they could have one person walk in front of all of the players. If anyone's aim moves while that person walks in front of them, it's a dead giveaway that they have a controller, or are cheating.Well what about if they drop the controller while they are doing the check, then pick it up and use it while playing?

Halo2Vista
May 29th, 2007, 11:41 PM
im really not surprised about auto aim because i guessed that they might have it since H2V is the port of halo 2 xbox and hired gun didnt change much except for NTSF code with vista and cross platforming with xbox users. and auto aim is usefull sometimes on pc when u take sniper shots and the person is moving around too fast to get a shot.

DTS 7.1
May 30th, 2007, 12:10 AM
What in the hell are you on about? NTSf code? Cross platforming with X-Box?

I think you been hooked up to them thar internets tubes for too long boy...ya'll aint makin' much sense. Auto aim is very useful on PC...for aimbotters and other lack-o-talents. PC users use a little something called SKILL to make them sniper shots across the tubes.