PDA

View Full Version : Some information about CC!

Melterx12
May 25th, 2007, 05:00 PM
For those who see online that their local Circuit City is in stock, but went in and found no copies on shelves, this is what you should do (its how i got mine, and a few other people needed to do this as well.)

Go on thier site, and order the game for In-Store pickup at your local CC. Print out the page of the order details, and go to your CC. When you get there go to the Customer Service desk and show them your order. They will go to their storage area in the back, and bring out a copy of h2v :p . If they dont, you get a 24$ CC gift card! But dont get too excited, they will most definatly bring you out a copy of h2v.

THe first day I went in they didnt have it, The next day I order for instore pickup, and when I get there I look on the Shelves and they still dont have it there, however they had plenty of copies in the storage room! :confused2: .

flibitijibibo
May 25th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Yeah, that happened to me too. Story time! *Gets out rockin' chair and gray beard*

So I was at CC just picking up a copy of H2V from shelves right? Well, none of them were there. So I asked if they had any, and they said no. I knew that they had some because the site said so, meaning they got that recall e-mail. This is the slightly funny part: I went on to one of their laptops, tapped in to the wireless router of the store next door, and ordered a copy of H2V to be picked up at the store I was in. I copied the confirmation number, walked over to the SAME LADY 5 minutes after she told me they didn't have them, and gave her the info. She went to the back room and gave me a copy of H2V. EDIT- Forgot to mention, I showed her my ID blatantly showing I'm not 17 for another year, and she didn't question my age at all. It was the best shopping trip EVER.

TPE
May 25th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah, that happened to me too. Story time! *Gets out rockin' chair and gray beard*

So I was at CC just picking up a copy of H2V from shelves right? Well, none of them were there. So I asked if they had any, and they said no. I knew that they had some because the site said so, meaning they got that recall e-mail. This is the slightly funny part: I went on to one of their laptops, tapped in to the wireless router of the store next door, and ordered a copy of H2V to be picked up at the store I was in. I copied the confirmation number, walked over to the SAME LADY 5 minutes after she told me they didn't have them, and gave her the info. She went to the back room and gave me a copy of H2V. It was the best shopping trip EVER.
lol very nice

i hope i can just walk in and walk out with the game, i hope walmart doesnt stop me for not being 17 =\

Syuusuke
May 25th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Meh, I do not have a credit card (my debit card is *ahem* low)

flibitijibibo
May 25th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Oh, another detail to the story: I showed her my ID blatantly showing I'm not 17 for another year, and she didn't question my age at all.

InnerGoat
May 25th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Interesting. I might try this.

Varmint260
May 25th, 2007, 07:48 PM
That's absolutely hilarious! I'd give it a try (I'm 18, so I shouldn't run into that problem) but since all there is in this little town is Source by CC, I don't know if it'll work. Since I wouldn't be able to play it for another two months, I might as well wait.

AcePilot977
May 25th, 2007, 07:49 PM
yea and for thos of you who remember i posted a nice lil storie too :CC is the way to go".. .but thos fourms are hidden now

WolfenRage
May 25th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Oh, another detail to the story: I showed her my ID blatantly showing I'm not 17 for another year, and she didn't question my age at all.

Awesome story I have a similiar one, It happened when I want to buy Episode 1 for Half Life 2. I walked to the mall that I live near and walled into the EB Games they have in there and go straight to the cashier and ask for it. He gets it out of the back then right before he scans it he ask me for an ID. Being 16 at the time and never been ID'ed before when buying a Game. I (dumbfounded) say I left it in my car, and proceeded to leave. As I walk in the parking lot defeated, money in my wallet and no game in my hand I notice that there is a Gamestop right across from the mall. I notice the cashier at this store is wearing a Half Life 2 logo and I make small (but distracting) talk and get my Game. I now never buy from the EB Games in the mall (I showed him my ID after and my newly purchased Game aswell, Score!)

asian knife
May 26th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Really? Damn im goin to NJ tomrow to get halo 2 vista so what do I say? Any tips :confused2:

WolfenRage
May 26th, 2007, 12:42 AM
Smooth talk them and slip em a five?

Mr Buckshot
May 26th, 2007, 01:07 AM
I'm 15 (turning 16 this year). Future Shop has signs that say "We do our best to prevent the sale of M-rated games to customers under 17." Yet a kid who looked like he was 11 or 12 walked in, got an M-rated game (HL2 I think) and paid for it without being questioned.

I wish we had circuit city in Canada, but Washington (state) is less than an hour's drive away.

BigDog969
May 26th, 2007, 02:03 AM
I was just at my CC today and they still had over 10 copies on the self

I wonder how wide spread that recall is/was

The only thing that sucks when I bought it is that when the game was supposed to come out on the 8th CC had an ad in the paper for H2V for only $39

PS - The CC in Colorado

Melterx12
May 26th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Thats interesting... Non of my Stores (CC, Gamestop, Other Gamestop at Mall, or toysrus) have ever asked me for my Id when buying M rated games and im only 15 (lol).

blazedelite
May 26th, 2007, 04:02 PM
i bought halo pc no questions asked but when i wanted to preorder halo 3 and h2vista they questioned me.

MetKiller Joe
May 26th, 2007, 06:18 PM

So I was at CC just picking up a copy of H2V from shelves right? Well, none of them were there. So I asked if they had any, and they said no. I knew that they had some because the site said so, meaning they got that recall e-mail. This is the slightly funny part: I went on to one of their laptops, tapped in to the wireless router of the store next door, and ordered a copy of H2V to be picked up at the store I was in. I copied the confirmation number, walked over to the SAME LADY 5 minutes after she told me they didn't have them, and gave her the info. She went to the back room and gave me a copy of H2V. EDIT- Forgot to mention, I showed her my ID blatantly showing I'm not 17 for another year, and she didn't question my age at all. It was the best shopping trip EVER.

O_O.

I'm doing that.

Wait, how did you order the thing off the wifi? Just used your credit card or debit?