PDA

View Full Version : Dual Pockets

{XF}Lowsy
May 25th, 2007, 08:36 PM
So does the 'mod' community think Dual-Weilding Rockets is possible??

And please move along if your just going to say 'rockets are stupid'.

stunt_man
May 25th, 2007, 08:59 PM
lol

Roostervier
May 25th, 2007, 09:11 PM
^ That is possibly the most contributive post I have ever witnessed been made in my entire life.

In all honesty though, I don't think the modders would want to make dual rockets. Even if they did, it requires new animations, which is a possibility yet to be unlocked (and shared) in the H2 version of the EK.

paladin
May 25th, 2007, 09:12 PM
swap the smg projectile to rockets

bleach
May 25th, 2007, 09:16 PM
no offense but that is kinda like a nooby mod. Try something different...

Elite Killa
May 25th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Even in the fantasy world of Halo 2, it wouldn't be possible. Here are a few reasons:

1) Balancing: You can kill someone with one hit with only one rocket launcher. So why need two?

2) Physically impossible: Unless the Chief had four "working" arms, it's impossible to reload both of them at the same time without taking so freakishly long to do so. For example, you would have to drop one to reload one rocket and drop another one to reload the other rocket.

Another reason why it's physically impossible is, even for the Chief, it would be a back-breaking load to have 2 heavy weapons on both of your shoulders. When would you want to see the Chief need a chiropractor? (a doctor who works on people's backs) And how awesome would it be to try to reload the rockets after you must have camped in one spot for at least ten minutes in perfect stealth without anyone spotting you and have not switched to any other weapon at the time and your arms are aching like crazy and your reload time was twice or three times the length of the original time period? Yeah, like you couldn't be any more vulnerable.

spidoman
May 25th, 2007, 10:01 PM
The biggest reason why you won't have dual rockets:

You won't be able to see the game! you'll just have two big rocket launchers on screen and the HUD.

Kornman00
May 25th, 2007, 10:12 PM
erm, just check the "can be duel wielded" flag in the weapon tag :-3

People have been doing it since the early days of h2x

WolfenRage
May 25th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Even in the fantasy world of Halo 2, it wouldn't be possible. Here are a few reasons:

1) Balancing: You can kill someone with one hit with only one rocket launcher. So why need two?

2) Physically impossible: Unless the Chief had four "working" arms, it's impossible to reload both of them at the same time without taking so freakishly long to do so. For example, you would have to drop one to reload one rocket and drop another one to reload the other rocket.

Another reason why it's physically impossible is, even for the Chief, it would be a back-breaking load to have 2 heavy weapons on both of your shoulders. When would you want to see the Chief need a chiropractor? (a doctor who works on people's backs) And how awesome would it be to try to reload the rockets after you must have camped in one spot for at least ten minutes in perfect stealth without anyone spotting you and have not switched to any other weapon at the time and your arms are aching like crazy and your reload time was twice or three times the length of the original time period? Yeah, like you couldn't be any more vulnerable.

1. Okay im 100% sure this mod is possible and has been done even on the xbox, many times. Sure its not a fair mod, but there are people out there who don't care and will do it for fun. Ive seen shotgun shooting tank rounds in Halo PC before.

2. I don't even know how the chief reloads dual smgs synchronized.

3. Masterchief can flip a tank, nuff said?

Mr Buckshot
May 25th, 2007, 10:18 PM
This mod is possible, and Xbox modders have already done a mod where you can dual-wield any weapon at will (for two-handed weapons, it looks as if MC has four arms, lol, because two hands are carrying each gun). I tried that mod, and could dual-wield rocket launchers :P or hold a rocket launcher and an FRG at the same time. Scopes would be disabled while dual wielding such weapons (only binoculars works).

So yes, the mod can be done easily. But it won't be played.

Cortexian
May 25th, 2007, 10:19 PM
No it's lame, I've done it on Halo 2 Xbox before, I made EVERY weapon dual-wieldable for shits ad kicks.

Everything looks okay in 3rd person, but the FP looks screwy.

Mr Buckshot
May 25th, 2007, 10:22 PM
If you want to make a rocket launcher mod, you could:

make a new FP model for the launcher
Weaken the rockets but increase the clip size
Give the scope a more "computerized" look
Remove the heat-seeking tracking rocket function, and add something similar to the laser-guided RPG in the Half-Life series.

WolfenRage
May 25th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Remove the heat-seeking tracking rocket function, and add something similar to the laser-guided RPG in the Half-Life series.

That is a good Idea, I wish bungie could have thought about it instead of the lock on and forget function that is in Halo 2

Ki11a_FTW
May 25th, 2007, 11:14 PM

2) Physically impossible: Unless the Chief had four "working" arms, it's impossible to reload both of them at the same time without taking so freakishly long to do so.

elites hold rockets with 1 hand

Mr Buckshot
May 25th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Well, that explains why the Elites suck at using the launcher. Two hands are required to stabilize the launcher so that the recoil does not make the rocket go higher than it should.

JDMFSeanP
May 25th, 2007, 11:17 PM
No you guys fail lawl, you just need to swap the HLMT of the rockets too smg so that when he is holding two he holds the model the same as the SMG, and they are both facing forwards. Or you could swap the model of the rocket with the SMG and change the projectile but that would be counterproductive as then you'd need to change EVERY aspect of the SMG.

I don't know if you can do this on H2EK

Pooky
May 26th, 2007, 12:21 AM

Because then you can get 2 shots off really fast :downs:

Ah, for that matter in Halo 2 rockets don't kill everything in one hit. They don't kill tanks in one hit for instance.

2) Physically impossible: you would have to drop one to reload one rocket and drop another one to reload the other rocket.

Why is that physically impossible? It would make a very do-able reload animation.

Another reason why it's physically impossible is, even for the Chief, it would be a back-breaking load to have 2 heavy weapons on both of your shoulders.

I hate to bring up an old cliche, but 2 rocket launchers are nothing next to a tank.

TPE
May 26th, 2007, 12:29 AM
i seen dual BRs and dual snipers so im sure its possible

soccerbummer1104
May 26th, 2007, 12:44 AM
wow guys don't u ever read posts. or even look at the h2ek before u post... just as korn said.. there is a lil check box in the tags that says is dual wieldable.. just click that and your set...

the1
May 26th, 2007, 01:39 AM
when i get h2v im gonna hack the ek and look at the tags and how they work for. models. physics. collision and look into ragdoll stuff. probably time consuming but im not really learning anything in school anymore. espescially english so no loss
i know people have turned a sentinal into a weapon
recon it would be possible to make duel weildable energy swords and beams mb? that and lets see :P
duel weildable halo'z mb? :P
or pick up a tank as a weapon. point and shoot instead of getting in and making yourself a sitting duck mb?

JDMFSeanP
May 26th, 2007, 01:46 AM
wow guys don't u ever read posts. or even look at the h2ek before u post... just as korn said.. there is a lil check box in the tags that says is dual wieldable.. just click that and your set...

Yes but doesnt that make how he holds the weapons incorrect?

TPE
May 26th, 2007, 02:00 AM
wow guys don't u ever read posts. or even look at the h2ek before u post... just as korn said.. there is a lil check box in the tags that says is dual wieldable.. just click that and your set...isnt the tags locked?

{XF}Lowsy
May 26th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Thanks for everyones feedback (except the guys who said it would be stupid to do). I was wondering if it could be done, and it seems clear that it can. So once again I appreciate your help.

Kornman00
May 26th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Dual Pockets :smirk:

Elite Killa
May 26th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Dual Pockets :smirk:
BUT THAT IS POSSIBLE! LOOK AT BOTH SIDES OF YOUR JEANS!!!

Patrickssj6
May 26th, 2007, 08:55 AM
isnt the tags locked?
*COUGH*

It's a flag so hex should be 0 or 1.

Now compare tags and gl!:XD: