PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 map Editor hiding files?

Snaver
May 26th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Anyone else had this? My map folder (data) vanished when i compiled my map :( But strangely enough i can still open and browse to the folder with max/photoshop but not windows explorer however.. pics to come.

Masterz1337
May 26th, 2007, 02:07 PM
I've heard people have a similiar problem with CE.. but not h2V.

Roostervier
May 26th, 2007, 03:43 PM
If you have UAC on, then turn it off. Then, unfortunately, you will have to remake everything that was in the data folder. Or, actually, copy from inside the photoshop browser and paste it back once UAC is off.

At least, I had a similar problem with CE just like this, and it was UACs fault.

blazedelite
May 26th, 2007, 03:48 PM
wow that sucks srry man

Snaver
May 26th, 2007, 03:54 PM
If you have UAC on, then turn it off. Then, unfortunately, you will have to remake everything that was in the data folder. Or, actually, copy from inside the photoshop browser and paste it back once UAC is off.

At least, I had a similar problem with CE just like this, and it was UACs fault.

That's a rather extreme measure to take, id rather not disable UAC tbh.. i can just about work with this.. Although i think this issue needs to be resolved by the developers.

Thanks flyinrooster again :p

Roostervier
May 26th, 2007, 03:58 PM
No problem, Snave. Also, login to AIM, I've been trying to add you =p.

Limited
May 26th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Which store did you buy halo 2 vista at snave?

blazedelite
May 26th, 2007, 04:39 PM
just try to reinstall h2vista

DominionOvrU
May 26th, 2007, 11:07 PM
I had the same thing happen to me today. But after I closed the editing tools it was their again. I haven't gotten one to compile right yet..so here is a question..when it says it puts your finished map into the custom maps folder..is that the maps folder within the Halo 2 Map Editor folders..or Halo 2 itself?