PDA

View Full Version : No ping will not connect

Sideffect
May 26th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Hi I am having trouble connecting to my dedicated server. First off I can't loggin on my other computer when I run my dedicated server so I can't check it myself so I always have to have my friend check it for me. And everytime anyone trys to connect it shows there is no ping and gives an error about joining. I have turned off the firewall and antivirus and still returns with the same result. If anyone has any suggestions I would be very glad to hear some. Thanks

Syuusuke
May 26th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Are you using a router? If so, I guess you may have to port forward?

Sideffect
May 26th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Well I have put it in a DMZ which is like port forwarding and I have port forwarded it.

Syuusuke
May 26th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Check this thread out and install the patch, maybe that will work?

http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2796&highlight=dedicated

Sideffect
May 26th, 2007, 10:59 PM
I did that already. lol I was getting the connect error that time were it wouldn't connect to LIVE. But I don't know I was actually leaning towards my router our something because I am running it off of a Dell Poweredge 1750 I am running at my house. I just wanted to get it running before I ship it off to get hosted. I have done a reinstall and checked to make sure that the service is running correctly and all seems to go well. I am just a little frustrated about how different they made the dedicated server for H2V compared with a lot of other PC games. Thanks again for the advice though.