PDA

View Full Version : Using Xbox live account?

Crest
May 26th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Um, I have a Xbox live account with a few more weeks on it. That I only used about um 5 times over a 12 month period(Total waste of money) But since You can communicate with people on Xbox's is there anyways I could use my Xbox live account as a Games for Windows Account? Pretty sure it would be considered a Gold account. I just don't want to use my 1 month yet.

Thanks.

Terry
May 26th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Yes you can. Xbox live gold is the same as GFWL gold.

Crest
May 26th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Yes you can. Xbox live gold is the same as GFWL gold.

But how can I do it. I'm at a loss right now. And my mother is paying for the account on her card maybe I can sneek a 50 dollar charge on it.

TheGhost
May 26th, 2007, 03:16 PM
You don't have to do anything. When you sign into Live from your computer you just type in your account e-mail address and password (assuming you've already linked these).

Crest
May 26th, 2007, 03:27 PM
You don't have to do anything. When you sign into Live from your computer you just type in your account e-mail address and password (assuming you've already linked these).

I set up my Xbox account right on my Xbox. How would I link my Xbox account to my Live account?

Would I just try to view it on my Xbox? This is the original Xbox. Not a 360.

Do I need to make a new Live account to link it? Sorry for being out of the loop. I just have no idea.

MetKiller Joe
May 26th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Link your gamertag (I did it on Bungie I don't know but I am assuming you can do it on xbox.com) to your .NET account. When you sign into H2V you just type your e-mail and pass for .NET and it will retrieve your info automatically.

Crest
May 26th, 2007, 03:43 PM
So I would have to make another Live ID, right? Since my H2V gamertag "The Crestomizer" pops up when I use my current Live ID.

Crest
May 26th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Alright thanks guys, I got it. Bungie worked. There was this little link called "Babootcha really is my Account name"

So thanks I'm gonna try it now.