PDA

View Full Version : H2Vista Video Shimmer

{XF}Lowsy
May 26th, 2007, 07:43 PM
So, does anybody recognize this 'shimmer' as a typical video problem??
Or is this what you are also seeing in the game as well?

I think it's a problem. And in my whole gaming career, I've always played a game with the wrong settings only to realize I could have done something to enjoy the game as it was intended. So, do you think this is correct or a problem??

http://www.rtstechnicalservices.com/avalanche/H2Vista_Shimmer1.wmv

Thanks

Melterx12
May 26th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Mine doesnt do that. Its probably your videocard.

Knome
May 26th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Wow i can say i've never seen the "normals" act that way. Atleast thats what it looks like to me.
Its called normals and they govern how light is spread across the surface of polygon edges. It looks like yours seem to be hardening up. Most video games have the normals at a very soft level so they can use less polygons to create a smooth shape.

I've seen problems like this occurring in rendering generators like maya and 3ds max but never in a game engine.

try reinstalling the game and if that doesn't work reinstall direct X. Then try drives. If none of those work your car is most likely bad.

{XF}Lowsy
May 26th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Oh great. It is a problem. Thanks for checking it out.

My video card is real new: nVidia 8800GTS 320MB

I guess it's time to start playing with some things.

blazedelite
May 26th, 2007, 08:11 PM
wow knome great description of what the problem is and how ti fix it + 1 rep (tommorow ive dished all the rep i can for today lol)

k4is3rxkh40s
May 26th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Wow, thats trippy. Only thing I can suggest is check through everything and see if something is wrong

solofortne
May 26th, 2007, 08:32 PM
I'd try new drivers first before reinstalling, as that's more likely to fix your problem and won't take nearly as long.

{XF}Lowsy
May 26th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Well La-Tee-Da.. New nVidia drivers did the trick.... Thanks for helping (I love this forum)

cocomiel
June 2nd, 2007, 03:15 AM
OMG! I have the same problem here! i got a 8600gt..

In a beginning the game work well..
But when it extracts image to the TV, the game CRASH!, and then I had that restart.
when i try to run the game.. The graphical problems already appear.

I have formated and reinstalled windows vista with halo 2, forceware 158.24 and the problem even continues!!! WHAT THE HELL????

demonmaster3k
June 2nd, 2007, 06:52 AM
cocomiel try cracking open the tower to pull out the card and clean the pins with a pencil eraser and the input slot with a spray can full of compressed air, if that doesn't work then it looks like you've tried everything you can. maybe if you know your card's manufacture, contact tech support if you can. if not, put your warranty to use.

btw, does any 8 series card (ie 8500, 8600) carry dx10 support, or just the 8800?
whenever i run with the 6200, i can only use the analog port, and it has white/blue/green lines running across the screen with color disfiguration. it won't run on high resolutions. this is after blacking out after running with h2v. that's offtopic tho (h2v destroyed that card's video ram)

Jelly
June 2nd, 2007, 07:25 AM
cocomiel try cracking open the tower to pull out the card and clean the pins with a pencil eraser and the input slot with a spray can full of compressed air, if that doesn't work then it looks like you've tried everything you can. maybe if you know your card's manufacture, contact tech support if you can. if not, put your warranty to use.

Was that a serious piece of advice?

Amit
June 2nd, 2007, 08:59 AM
All new series of video cards that come out from now on will be DirectX 10, even the very low-end ones. What would be the point of releasing new video cards in DirectX 9? Wouldn't be much of an upgrade from 7600GT to 8600GT.

cocomiel
June 2nd, 2007, 02:35 PM

btw, does any 8 series card (ie 8500, 8600) carry dx10 support, or just the 8800?
whenever i run with the 6200, i can only use the analog port, and it has white/blue/green lines running across the screen with color disfiguration. it won't run on high resolutions. this is after blacking out after running with h2v. that's offtopic tho (h2v destroyed that card's video ram)

WTF ARE U SAYING?

THE CARD ONLY HAVE THE PROBLEM WITH HALO 2 VISTA, NONE ANOTHER GAME WORKS BADLY. EVEN IN DX10.
EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS PERFECTLY.

WTF IS THIS o.O!!

Con
June 2nd, 2007, 02:38 PM
Wow i can say i've never seen the "normals" act that way. Atleast thats what it looks like to me.
Its called normals and they govern how light is spread across the surface of polygon edges. It looks like yours seem to be hardening up. Most video games have the normals at a very soft level so they can use less polygons to create a smooth shape.

I've seen problems like this occurring in rendering generators like maya and 3ds max but never in a game engine.

try reinstalling the game and if that doesn't work reinstall direct X. Then try drives. If none of those work your car is most likely bad.

It has nothing to do with the normals; it's unable to display coplanar surfaces or maps in the right way.

X3RO SHIF7
June 2nd, 2007, 06:47 PM

how old are you?

cocomiel
June 3rd, 2007, 07:11 PM
the game is fine now. :)