PDA

View Full Version : Hamachi | LogMeIn

Roostervier
May 28th, 2007, 11:26 AM
At request, I am making a topic on how to use this. For those who don't know, Hamachi/LogMeIn is a program that sets up a Virtual LAN Network over the internet. This simply means (in our interests at least) that if you are connected to the same network server with other people in it, you can create and join LAN servers in the games that you want.

You can get it here: http://www.hamachi.cc

I suggest reading the little tutorial it brings up when its your first time install. What you do is: 1) Out of the 3 buttons located near the bottom, click the on closest to the middle. 2) You can either create a network, or join one. When creating one, I suggest always putting a password. To join one, just put in the name of the network you want to join (the host will let you know what it's called) and the password.

Now you are part of a virtual network! So yeah, I think this will help with beta testing in H2V a lot, tbqh. I'm pretty sure this is the right area to post this, move it if it isn't.

BobtheGreatII
May 28th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Very Old, but still a cool program.

Syuusuke
May 28th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Speaking of Hamachi *sets up network server*

Shmee
May 28th, 2007, 09:07 PM
yeah, hamachi is awesome. good for playing starcraft as an alternative to bnet.

Abdurahman
May 29th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I had posted this guide in another forum a few weeks back. Enjoy.

Guide:

When you want to play Counter-Strike via hamachi, often you have error "LAN servers are restricted to local clients (class C)." when you want to join LAN server.This is because the LAN server has different IP range like your hamachi IP.

For example:

a) your friend has IP 5.2.47.58, you have IP 5.2.65.120 => both of you have the same IP range so you won't have problem with class C error

b) your friend has IP 5.2.47.58, you have IP 5.8.65.120 => both of you have different IP range and you will have problem with class C error

Solution is to use "aliases"

!!!!! IT WORKS ONLY WITH VERSION 1.0.0.31 and HIGHER !!!!

- The man who create LAN server must create the file called aliases.txt
- This file aliases.txt must be put into Hamachi's installation directory.

- By this file aliases.txt you will create "alias" for your friend who want to join your LAN server with different IP range like his IP range

- It does not work in reverse due to the pecularities of CS gaming protocol.

- Each line of file aliases.txt contain a pair of IP addresses:

<Original Hamachi IP> followed by <Desired IP> (1 gap between IPs)

- When you created alias for your friend, you have to restart Hamachi (not only press Power OFF and Power ON) !!!

Example when 1 friend want to join my server

I have created LAN server, my IP is 5.1.57.145 => my friend who want to join my LAN server has IP:

- his IP has different IP range like my IP, so i need to create "alias" for him
My file aliases.txt contains a pair of IP addresses:

5.7.20.110 5.1.20.110

Example when 3 friends want to join my server

I have created LAN server, my IP is 5.1.57.145 => my friends who want to join my LAN server have IPs:

- their IPs have different IP range like my IP, so i need to create file "aliases" for them
My file aliases.txt contains a pairs of IP addresses:

5.7.20.110 5.1.20.110
5.11.74.63 5.1.74.63
5.4.28.33 5.1.28.33

Summary:

1. Find out IP addresses of your friend who want to join your server
2. Create aliases for them (if their IPs are different IP range like yours IP)
3. Restart Hamachi
4. Create LAN server
5. Play the game Smile

Create LAN Game

1. Join some hamachi network and start the game

2. Choose New Game -> choose the map -> set up your server -> Start

Join LAN Game

1. Join some hamachi network and start the game

2. Choose Find Servers -> LAN -> Connect

If you have error "LAN servers are restricted to local clients (class C)." => your friend who created LAN server did mistake in aliases.txt or forgot to restart Hamachi

fuzzy001
June 4th, 2007, 08:29 PM
yeah, hamachi is awesome. good for playing starcraft as an alternative to bnet.

Yesh.. yeah well I could never get it to work for Hamachi, when someone would tried to set up a game I couldn't "see it", even though we were in the same hamchi party thingy..

Syuusuke
June 4th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Oh I was going to bump this topic...

Anyway, using Hamachi + H2V = no-no, I think H2V just hates VPN softwares...

Roostervier
June 4th, 2007, 09:15 PM
I know, me and Sunny tried D:

Con
June 4th, 2007, 09:23 PM
:downsgun:

[I.B]Mr_Kola
June 4th, 2007, 10:57 PM
That sucks that H2v doesn't like Hamachi... Source engine games hate it too.. though i'd never tried the listed info up top to fix the class c problem...

mech_arda
June 8th, 2007, 07:10 AM
We are 4 friends and have the 5.180.X.X for both. We were playing CS 1.6 on hamachi for about a year without any problems, but this week we are facing the well known problem "LAN servers are restricted to local clients (class C)." Today we tried again, but this time we could not even see the game. We have all the last version of HAMACHI. Everything is OK about the HAMACHI IP. What is wrong? I hope this is a short term problem with Hamachi server!

Kornman00
June 8th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Someone needs to hack H2V...

Abdurahman
June 8th, 2007, 11:15 AM
We are 4 friends and have the 5.180.X.X for both. We were playing CS 1.6 on hamachi for about a year without any problems, but this week we are facing the well known problem "LAN servers are restricted to local clients (class C)." Today we tried again, but this time we could not even see the game. We have all the last version of HAMACHI. Everything is OK about the HAMACHI IP. What is wrong? I hope this is a short term problem with Hamachi server!

Didn't you read my post on the first page of this thread, telling you EXACTLY how to fix the class C error? :rolleyes:

mech_arda
June 8th, 2007, 01:17 PM
file:///C:/Users/ABDURA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///C:/Users/ABDURA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg
Didn't you read my post on the first page of this thread, telling you EXACTLY how to fix the class C error? :rolleyes:

ı read, but if you read my statements the problem is different. We have the same IP range. so nothing to do with the aliases. Everything is OK. We were playing well on Hamachi but for about a week there is something wrong with Hamachi. We cannot play. First, altough we see the game we couldn't get into the game due to local clients.... error. Later, we could not see the game either. Bot of us have the same ip range starting with 5.10.XX.XXX

Kalub
June 9th, 2007, 05:47 AM
file:///C:/Users/ABDURA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///C:/Users/ABDURA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Dont link to files on your hard drive. Upload them somewhere. ;)

Kornman00
June 9th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Dont link to files on your hard drive. Upload them somewhere. ;)
dumbass :lol:

Abdurahman
June 9th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Wtf? how did that link to my hard drive get there? That was not intentional.

mech_arda
June 9th, 2007, 12:28 PM
No answer to my question ? :D
Or you didn't see the question unintentionally ;)

StankBacon
June 10th, 2007, 10:02 PM
so uh, me and cheefa and addict are in a hamachi network....

we cant get any of our lan games to show up (direct ip to the hamachi ip works), in any game.

why?

Roostervier
June 11th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Hamachi used to work... but on an older version. I just now got this LogMeIn crap. I think it stopped working once the switch was made or something, D:

Con
June 11th, 2007, 07:11 PM
yeah, LogMeIn bought it out.

mech_arda
June 12th, 2007, 11:33 AM
now. everything is OK. I guess there was a problem with Hamachi servers. I am again head shotting terrorists. Yeah. Counter Terrorists Win! :)