PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Halo 3 New Content (Armor etc!)

JDMFSeanP
May 30th, 2007, 12:15 AM
http://www.thefinalfight.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=524

This ish is epic doggs.

(If mods find these scans illegal and stuff, feel free to delete post.)

Con
May 30th, 2007, 12:41 AM
"Create a Spartan?"
Master's gonna have his hands full now, lol.

BobtheGreatII
May 30th, 2007, 12:45 AM
DAAAAANNNNGGGGG!!!! That's cool, wish teh pics were larger and less fuzzy.

Reaper Man
May 30th, 2007, 12:59 AM
Heh, epic indeed. I'm loving the armour customisation :downs:

blazedelite
May 30th, 2007, 01:11 AM
wow those are looking really nice i like the longer sword

Atty
May 30th, 2007, 01:46 AM
This is OLD! :D

~A.
May 30th, 2007, 02:38 AM
I'm not really digging the "Create a Spartan" thing. I think it makes it into another one of those stupid games with all sorts of funny characters running around in multiplayer. Although Bungie has never done anything I didn't like before so its probably gonna be awesome whatever they do.

Pred1ator
May 30th, 2007, 02:47 AM
DAMN and u people say the halo 3 bipds suck?

Reaper Man
May 30th, 2007, 04:49 AM
Since when?

Also, Poland
http://aycu38.webshots.com/image/15997/2000918144303088687_rs.jpg

TIA Gangsta
May 30th, 2007, 05:42 AM
You know what this confirms? New spartans in Campaign.
We obviously know which biped we'll be playing as in Campaign, but how would you explain the random new Spartan bipeds coming in?

rossmum
May 30th, 2007, 05:42 AM
I'm not really digging the "Create a Spartan" thing. I think it makes it into another one of those stupid games with all sorts of funny characters running around in multiplayer. Although Bungie has never done anything I didn't like before so its probably gonna be awesome whatever they do.
Kinda the same sentiments here. I can't say I like the new one with the bubble helmet... at all.

Abdurahman
May 30th, 2007, 09:20 AM
That guy is a spartan 3 WOOT!!

Con
May 30th, 2007, 10:03 AM
That guy is a spartan 3 WOOT!!
No it's not!! :woop:

Pooky
May 30th, 2007, 10:31 AM

I say the standard Halo 3 biped is ugly cause I'm not a fanboy.

Kinda the same sentiments here. I can't say I like the new one with the bubble helmet... at all.
Isn't that the SPI armor?

TeeKup
May 30th, 2007, 11:59 AM
The customization is cool and all. But I'll stick to the traditional spartan.

Caboos001
May 30th, 2007, 12:25 PM
At risk of sounding like a o_0” ZOMGZORZ “0_o FanBoy! This, FUCKING kick ass. I just hope nothing happens to my 360 between now and the release date. Watch, I get home today and the thing has melted due to some kind of freak spontaneous combustion.

I for one enjoy the fact that we are going to be able to customize our Spartans. This just give a whole new depth to multiplayer allowing us to truly differ in style and expression using something other than a different decal. Now what I’m not sure about is the whole elite design thing; if they are going to be playable in multiplayer at all that is. What will the different armor peaces be? Will the different headdresses from Halo CE reappear for use? Will we be able to dress up in something like the elite separatists? Have the option to wear the armor you saw the elites use in space? Overall there lots of questions around that area that I’m sure are answered by now if these articles are “old.” I’m sure people that do things such as film machinima (myself) are going to flip out over this new feature.

Now I was under the impression that the Brute Chopper was some kind of air combat vehicle. In those fuzzy pictures its kind of hard to make out if the thing is

a) Driving along the ground with one large wheel in the front
b) A hovering type vehicle such as the ghost
c) Indeed a flying vehicle as in most of the picture it seems to be in he air, but its probably just launching off hills and whatnot.

The radar jammer seems like a big NO, NO to me. Seizures galore lol. I can see It now, some poor fool who had been waiting in line for 3 days to get his copy of Halo 3 gets home and pops it in. He immediately gets on live and falls over foaming at the mouth and shaking because he just took a radar jammer to the face. Lol but I’m sure its not that intents of flashing lights and what not; at most you probably get a distorted white pixilated view not an “lol rainbow.”

Another thing I’m looking forward to is the huge desert vehicle based map, Its just puts an epic battle image into your head, I can see it now, a convoy of scorpion tanks and warthogs cruising to the enemy base for a head to head collision with the enemy of epic proportions. Foot soldiers moving alongside with the tanks, cautious of sniper fire…

Naw, that sounds too much like something from a game like America’s Army. This is a more accurate description. A couple pricks take off in your Warthogs without a passenger or gunner while some moron next to you somehow managed to flip the tank over and get it jammed in between some rocks. Meanwhile said pricks with hogs run over about 4 of your teammates who are charging over the most open parts of the map with nothing but pistols in hand… yah that’s Much better.

Well looks like Bungie is doing a great job with Halo 3, I am indeed looking forward to playing.

BobtheGreatII
May 30th, 2007, 01:02 PM
You know what this confirms? New spartans in Campaign.
We obviously know which biped we'll be playing as in Campaign, but how would you explain the random new Spartan bipeds coming in?

Ghost of Onyx :)

Dole
May 30th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Ah, I see Dawn of the Dead was so widely loved that Bungie transmuted it into an official gametype. Sounds cool.

But between an array of Cyborg and Alien permutaions and Flood zombies in Multiplayer, it feels like Halo is transforming into Time Splitters.

Atty
May 30th, 2007, 01:18 PM
How so? I love how you can change your armor around, it will give us some true customization and originality in the MP games, I can't wait! The flood characters are for one gametype, which in my opinion sounds like great fun, and you don't have to change your appearance. I don't think it's in any way turning into Time Splitters, it's still Halo, just so much better (in my opinion anyway.)

Dole
May 30th, 2007, 01:22 PM
I see what you're saying, and I'm anticipating Bungie will be able to pull this off, but I hope it doesn't end up with too much character variation in one game. Something to the effect of Robots, Zombies, and Aliens running around an Ice Station at the same time.
But I gotta say, this VIP gametype sounds very interesting. :D

Hopefully the fact that Halo's characters don't have campy, cartoony visages will deter that possiblity.
I also hope this means we'll get a chance to relive the Halo 1 armor, and experience the Halo Wars spartan in an FPS instead of just RTS. Unfortunately, some of the alternate armor accessories for customization look a little goofy, and overall unnecessary; just extra details that detract from the style of the base armor.

Another thing I’m looking forward to is the huge desert vehicle based map, Its just puts an epic battle image into your head, I can see it now, a convoy of scorpion tanks and warthogs cruising to the enemy base for a head to head collision with the enemy of epic proportions. Foot soldiers moving alongside with the tanks, cautious of sniper fire…

You mean... this? I can't wait!

http://www.bungie.net/images/games/halo2/wallpapers/BrigadeDamaged-1600.jpg

TIA Gangsta
May 30th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Ghost of Onyx :)

Bungie said the books don't link to games.
Stuff like being able to use Jackel Shields in the books, don't link to the games.

They only use content that's used in the actual game. And I don't see why they would randomly get Spartan 3's out of nowhere, without having them in campaign.

Masterz1337
May 30th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Books are 100% part of the halo storyline, don't know where you get that.

Caboos001
May 30th, 2007, 01:51 PM
I see what you're saying, and I'm anticipating Bungie will be able to pull this off, but I hope it doesn't end up with too much character variation in one game. Something to the effect of Robots, Zombies, and Aliens running around an Ice Station at the same time.
But I gotta say, this VIP gametype sounds very interesting. :D

Hopefully the fact that Halo's characters don't have campy, cartoony visages will deter that possiblity.
I also hope this means we'll get a chance to relive the Halo 1 armor, and experience the Halo Wars spartan in an FPS instead of just RTS. Unfortunately, some of the alternate armor accessories for customization look a little goofy, and overall unnecessary; just extra details that detract from the style of the base armor.

You mean... this? I can't wait!

http://www.bungie.net/images/games/halo2/wallpapers/BrigadeDamaged-1600.jpg

Crap lol my Schools Wireless network has the picture blocked I'm guessing that the picture is of a Spartan with dual SMGs kind of in a cool crouched like pose with a tank cruising along to the right of him and a warthog speeding next to that in a desert environment?

~A.
May 30th, 2007, 01:58 PM
But, if someone chooses the bubble boy armor, shouldn't that make them weaker?
Also, I think for the Elites we might have the option to choose between the Arbiter armor, those crazy ass councilor helmets, heretic armor etc etc?... Damn, I sure hope to God no. Like I said before, I've never been a fan of games where you see all sorts of funny characters moving around. I hope it turns out well.

Amit
May 30th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Also, I think for the Elites we might have the option to choose between the Arbiter armor, those crazy ass councilor helmets, heretic armor etc etc?... Damn, I sure hope to God no. Like I said before, I've never been a fan of games where you see all sorts of funny characters moving around. I hope it turns out well.

Actually I would like to see elites with the customizable parts of councilors, honour guard, heretic, and ultra armours. They are directly from the storyline and they don't look wired, they look FUCKIN AWESOME!

ThatCrazyFox
May 30th, 2007, 04:13 PM
those crazy ass councilor helmets

Lol sniper bait

Elite Killa
May 30th, 2007, 04:22 PM
lol Brute Chopper. I was expecting something like a human-banshee-like thing but I see this now.

I think most of the bipeds in the customiztion think kinda need work (BAD) but I'm pretty anxious about it nevertheless.

TeeKup
May 30th, 2007, 04:27 PM

I'll have to agree with you there. All of the elite armor variants are too colorful and extremely shiney, their armor basically screams "Look at me!!! I'm a dumbass come shoot me!!!"

EDIT: I changed my mind. This spartan looks kickass:
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5571524

Dole
May 30th, 2007, 04:35 PM
That Energy Sword makes me angry. Where is the irradiated gas aura? Where are the trailing plasma tendrils?
Aside from crisp new detail, the Sword itself hasn't been revised since Halo 2.

In a game that can effectively process visual reflection and distortion, self shadowing, high-detail models and textures, parallax mapping, bloom and lens flares, realistic particle systems, particulate water and interactive wind, and a draw distance of 15+ miles... simultaneously; you're telling me they don't have room to embellish the Sword any more than that?
They'd better put some work into that.

JDMFSeanP
May 30th, 2007, 05:05 PM
I trust bungie with whatever they make to work damn near perfect.

BTW is this issue on sale now? Is it teh July one?

k4is3rxkh40s
May 30th, 2007, 05:12 PM
I hope that they dont make it a whole leveling system, where you only get it once you reach a certain skill level, or a buy w/points system D:

JDMFSeanP
May 30th, 2007, 05:19 PM
They wouldnt make you buy points and I think going by skill would limit it too much throughout the community, Bungie really seems to just want to please the biggest crowd so I really doubt its by level.

Stealth
May 30th, 2007, 05:26 PM
The Brute Chopper FTW! and like the full face/head fase shield, it looks so cool. *Thinks about what a Brute Plasma Pistol would look like*

~A.
May 30th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I'll have to agree with you there. All of the elite armor variants are too colorful and extremely shiney, their armor basically screams "Look at me!!! I'm a dumbass come shoot me!!!"

Oh crap thats just sexy.

JDMFSeanP
May 30th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Has anyone like rapidshared super high-res scans that anyone knows of?

Stealth
May 30th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Elites are like the Red coats, but lack of drums. heh, and that spartan looks like a clone troopers from star wars 2 -3, they look cool too, but I like the other new one, it looks more like a S3 or a eva like armor suit thingy.

Dole
May 30th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Eww... that's not a Spartan, that's a Power Ranger.

TIA Gangsta
May 30th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Books are 100% part of the halo storyline, don't know where you get that.

Ok, maybe I phrased that wrong..

What I'm trying to say is that things that can be done in the books (e.g. using jackel shields, using the blink thing in the HUD, etc) can't be done in the games, and Bungie said the books don't tie in with the games in THIS way.
So things that are done in the books don't correspond with the games.

JDMFSeanP
May 30th, 2007, 05:44 PM
The books are second hand to gameplay.

TeeKup
May 30th, 2007, 05:53 PM

Actually it reminds me of a Clone Trooper from Ep 3. Thats why I like it.

PlasbianX
May 30th, 2007, 05:55 PM
I want a silver power ranger model, or im gonna be pissed :(

Masterz1337
May 30th, 2007, 06:19 PM
loads of high res scans bottom of the link.

http://forums.yayap.com/viewtopic.php?t=500

TeeKup
May 30th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the link masterz. I got a great new avatar out of that. :D

Roostervier
May 30th, 2007, 06:36 PM
I'd never be anything beside the original, when and if I get the game. The halo-style helmet looks best for a halo game to me, plus the other's just look dumb.

TeeKup
May 30th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I just love the Spartan Trooper Helmet (as I've named it). It's just so fucking awesome. I cant wait to play Shrine either. :3

~A.
May 30th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Those screenshots doesn't feel Halo anymore IMO.

Atty
May 30th, 2007, 06:58 PM
It shouldn't feel Halo; it should feel Halo 3. :)

Pred1ator
May 30th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Those screenshots doesn't feel Halo anymore IMO.

YAY BUNGIE MADE HALO 3 A TOTALLY DIFFERENT GAME JUST LIKE THEY SAID!

i dont care if they have a halo feel, they are still future-istic, I want to secks up those awsome halo 3 bipds :D

JDMFSeanP
May 30th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Anyone got scans past page 60? it says on page 62 to talk about the campaign and such, wherez is it D:

Warsaw
May 30th, 2007, 07:12 PM
That Brute Chopper is an abomination to the Halo-verse. I didn't think the Covenant could become any less Covenant, but they pulled it off.

IPBJT!
May 30th, 2007, 08:08 PM
That Brute Chopper is an abomination to the Halo-verse. I didn't think the Covenant could become any less Covenant, but they pulled it off.
Actually, it's not really a Covenant vehicle but a Brute vehicle (even though they're part of the Covenant) since it was probably built before they joined.

Also, did i see a knife on one of the spartans armor? :O

Elite Killa
May 30th, 2007, 08:11 PM
A Power Ranger gone bad.

Masterz1337
May 30th, 2007, 08:16 PM
I love the new armour types, everyone seems to hate anything that isn't h2 armour or h1.

k4is3rxkh40s
May 30th, 2007, 08:25 PM
A Power Ranger gone badass.

Fixed

Warsaw
May 30th, 2007, 08:34 PM
I love the new armour types, everyone seems to hate anything that isn't h2 armour or h1.

Nonsense, I love the SPI themed armor. The "Spartan Trooper" doesn't suit my fancy, but it's alright.

It's just the previously mentioned vehicle that bugs me...

New needler looks very chouette.

DaneO'Roo
May 30th, 2007, 08:40 PM
holy FUCK

O_________O

TeeKup
May 30th, 2007, 08:50 PM
I'm afraid your right. It just doesn't fit the covenant persona. But like IPBJT said, it COULD have been built before the Brutes joined the Covenant.

Roostervier
May 30th, 2007, 08:58 PM
I don't care what the armor looks like, tbqh. As long as the helmet is similar... that's what makes the mjolnir armor... mjolnir, to me at least. The helmets are all so similar =p. I'll admit though, SPI armor does look nice... not really this though. If I was forced to go with another helmet, however, I'd pick the bulbous one, it reminds me of SPI armor =p.

Con
May 30th, 2007, 09:04 PM
I'm not super excited about it. The armour just looks too different, I've always loved the S3 armour, and these new ones just don't fit somehow. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I also find the Brute Chopper doesn't quite fit with the Halo universe.

Warsaw
May 30th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Okay, let me put it this way:

The Brute Chopper looks straight from Unreal Tournament. Or as the article says, Firefly.

Like Conscars said, it does not fit the Halo-verse. It is blasphemy against the original Halo Bible!

TeeKup
May 30th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Like Conscars said, it does not fit the Halo-verse. It is blasphemy against the original Halo Bible!

Heresey!!! D:

I don't know, I kinda like it.

k4is3rxkh40s
May 30th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Okay, let me put it this way:

The Brute Chopper looks straight from Unreal Tournament. Or as the article says, Firefly.

I say it needs to be a spiky little tri-cycle, it seems too "high-tech" for brutes

Warsaw
May 30th, 2007, 09:11 PM
How about an inverse tricycle (one wheel in back, two in front)? That would be nifty. And it would have to be the same color scheme as the Type-25 to fit the Halo-verse.

TeeKup
May 30th, 2007, 09:23 PM
How about an inverse tricycle (one wheel in back, two in front)? That would be nifty. And it would have to be the same color scheme as the Type-25 to fit the Halo-verse.

Could you clarify the Type-25? I tried doing some research and got nothing.

k4is3rxkh40s
May 30th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Could you clarify the Type-25? I tried doing some research and got nothing.

Its the spiker =\ (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Type-25_Carbine)

TeeKup
May 30th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Its the spiker =\ (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Type-25_Carbine)

*Cough* Forgot to check Halopedia. >_>;;;

JDMFSeanP
May 30th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Anyone found page 62?

DaneO'Roo
May 30th, 2007, 10:37 PM
I actually think the Brute Chopper is fairly brutish to me, but watever.

Caboos001
May 30th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Actually it reminds me of a Clone Trooper from Ep 3. Thats why I like it.

QFT!

That Helmet just screams clone trooper:

Clones Troop = clone = my man, Jango Fett! Booyeah!

The brute chopper, not such a big fan. It looks like it's going to be a whore vehicle. With its ramming abilities and missile like projectiles, I'm just going to have to say no. I mean the thing basically supports vehicle noobing to the highest extent.

Heavies + Running down enemy = lol noobin it

Stealth
May 30th, 2007, 11:23 PM
I actually think the Brute Chopper is fairly brutish to me, but watever.
ya, like I said in first post in this topic.

*Thinks about what a Brute Plasma Pistol would look like*
from what I've seen all brutish like vehicles, and weapons that aren't the BPR have some kind of blade on them, the Brute shot has a nasty blade on the back, the Spiker has blades on the handle, and both sides of the weapon, and the Brute Chopper has big bad ass blades by the wheels and maybe a few other plases. and if Bungie was to remake the BPR, I hope they make it more brutish like the spiker, it was a nice idea, but wrong look.

Zeph
May 31st, 2007, 12:16 AM
As long as they keep it to multiplayer, I'll be happy. I'm assuming I will because of the way Halo 2 left off, but meh. I'm holding off on getting a 360/Halo 3 until after I hear for sure. Other 'spartans' in the gameplay would ruin everything they did good in Halo 2

halofreak4567
May 31st, 2007, 01:24 AM
I personally love the normal Master Chief. The look of the other models make me want to throw up. The bubble head spartan looks like Valdo from Soul Calibur.

The one thing that I am looking forward to the most in Halo 3 is the single player, and if they screw it up by adding more spartans, I will be pretty angry with Bungie.

Reaper Man
May 31st, 2007, 01:24 AM
I was bored so I descreened (removed the scanning artefacts etc) from my favourite varient. :3
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2225/halo3up3.jpg

p0lar_bear
May 31st, 2007, 02:30 AM
You know what this confirms? New spartans in Campaign.No, not really. You can speculate all you want, but nothing's confirmed until Bungie says something official. It's also a HIGHLY doubtful possibility; the MJOLNIR Mk VI is the latest armor system for the SPARTAN-II soldiers, and I think the Master Chief is the only one to don it. On top of that, all other SPARTANs are either MIA or KIA. This is just cosmetics to give players a larger palette to make an avatar with.

rossmum
May 31st, 2007, 05:13 AM
Isn't that the SPI armor?
Dunno, helmet is similar though. Either way, I think it's ugly as all hell. Maybe it'll grow on me, maybe it won't.

The customization is cool and all. But I'll stick to the traditional spartan.
Probably same deal here. Unless they have Elites... in which case, :awesome:

Digikid
May 31st, 2007, 05:25 AM
Yuck....that SPI armor looks HORRIBLE! :(

and p0lar_bear. You have not read the Halo books have you. The VI is not the last suit the UNSC makes.

Masterz1337
May 31st, 2007, 06:24 AM
It's not SPI.

Stealth
May 31st, 2007, 08:21 AM
the helmet of the "SPI" (kind of SPI armor, kind of not) looks cool, but some parts of the armor it's self looks odd. the arms look fine, but the chest looks wrong.

Reaper Man
May 31st, 2007, 09:35 AM
the helmet of the "SPI" (kind of SPI armor, kind of not) looks cool, but some parts of the armor it's self looks odd. the arms look fine, but the cheast looks wrong.
What the fuck is a "cheast"? I think the new armour is awesome.

Digikid
May 31st, 2007, 10:17 AM
It's not SPI.

Sry but yes it is. That is the ONLY armor that fits THAT description. The ONLY armor that has the ugly bubble like visor is the SPI armor.

Not to be rude Masters but did you read the latest Halo book Ghosts Of Onyx? :rolleyes:

p0lar_bear
May 31st, 2007, 11:12 AM
and p0lar_bear. You have not read the Halo books have you. The VI is not the last suit the UNSC makes.

Allow me to rephrase:

At the time of Halo 2's events, the Mk VI is the latest armor system available.

Haloking365
May 31st, 2007, 12:05 PM
Not to be rude Masters but did you read the latest Halo book Ghosts Of Onyx? :rolleyes:
Of course he did! Where did you think he got the references from? And i agree, that is the SPI armor. Or at least the helmet. Its the only one with the visor-less faceplate that covers the entire face.
+ rep me for being soooo sexy!!!!:neckbeard:

Reaper Man
May 31st, 2007, 12:56 PM
Sry but yes it is. That is the ONLY armor that fits THAT description. The ONLY armor that has the ugly bubble like visor is the SPI armor.

And did you notice how the Spartan III's were kids?

TeeKup
May 31st, 2007, 01:00 PM

No. No its not. That helmet doesn't have a mouth piece, the SPI armor does. That armor looks nothing like the SPI armor from the books. Stop being ignorant.

JDMFSeanP
May 31st, 2007, 01:00 PM
Are you guys retarded? The SPI helmets has an intent in the top and is a lot mroe curved. Also that is easy to tell that the base armor is the same as the chiefs, as by the things on this shoulders and such, which SPI armor didn't have. Try to think a little before you try to shut down others. As reaper said also, all spartan III's when deployed first where 12 or 13I think the new armor looks pretty cool, although it might make it a lil obvious where you are with the full face glass.

Atty
May 31st, 2007, 01:05 PM
http://www.haloanyone.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/newarmouryellow.jpg

His face reminds me of an insect.

TeeKup
May 31st, 2007, 01:07 PM
Like Halofreak said, he sorta reminds me of Voldo from Soul Calibur 2. :S

Dole
May 31st, 2007, 01:20 PM
Knife sheathed in the breastplate, mother fucker YES!

Stealth
May 31st, 2007, 01:21 PM
I think not all of the glass on the helmet is see thruw(SP?), it'd be pointless to have it clear above the head, and maybe the mouth piece might be right behind the glass close to his mouth. I've seen some full fase masks (both SCUBA masks and Rebreaths for Fire Men) that are like that where the mouth piece is right there and or split in half and on both sides of the mouth.

Masterz1337
May 31st, 2007, 01:24 PM

Check out the breat plates, as well as the design on the visor. They do look pretty similar though.

Stealth
May 31st, 2007, 01:28 PM
ya, they don't look the same, the SPI armor look like it was being waren by pop aye, the new armor doesn't look like that.

Dole
May 31st, 2007, 02:02 PM
Dude, you really gotta learn how to spell.

Sorry but it's not. Obviously the body armor is completely different, but even the helmet isn't the same:

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1162/spiarmorca0.jpg

TeeKup
May 31st, 2007, 02:18 PM
^ Thank you.

Warsaw
May 31st, 2007, 02:50 PM
However, the book drawings may not look like the games. Bungie may have tweaked it to make it look more bad ass, which is what they did with the Mk. V, and then decided to justify it by calling it the Mk. VI. And in Multiplayer you can customize the helmet, shoulder pads, and Lord knows what else. In most of those pictures, the "SPI" is really a MJOLNIR Mk. VI with a different helmet. Only one has different shoulder armor.

As far as I am concerned, you can be MJOLNIR Mk. VI or SPI, and everything in-between.

TeeKup
May 31st, 2007, 02:52 PM
+ Spartan Trooper. :downs:

However Warsaw, nothing is final until Bungie themselves confirm it.

Dole
May 31st, 2007, 04:31 PM
Maybe one helmet is SPI Mk. I and the other is SPI Mk. II? Either way, I hope the Mjolnir Mk. V makes a comeback.

TeeKup
May 31st, 2007, 04:34 PM
Maybe one helmet is SPI Mk. I and the other is SPI Mk. II? Either way, I hope the Mjolnir Mk. V makes a comeback.

I've been curious about that. What would an MJOLNIR Mark V look resmastered for Halo 3?

Atty
May 31st, 2007, 04:39 PM
I've been curious about that. What would an MJOLNIR Mark V look resmastered for Halo 3?

:awesome:?

TeeKup
May 31st, 2007, 04:46 PM
:awesome:?

Most Definately.

Hotrod
May 31st, 2007, 05:04 PM
I'm really liking the new clone trooper style helmet. The Chopper isn't supposed to look like a covenant vehicle, it's supposed to look like a Brute vehicle. The full helmet visor helmet looks too big on the normal armor, I hope that they have armor that goes with it.

demonmaster3k
May 31st, 2007, 05:04 PM
yea that would be the spi helmet on a mark VI

TeeKup
May 31st, 2007, 05:12 PM
yea that would be the spi helmet on a mark VI

You aren't much of a reader are you son?

Hotrod
May 31st, 2007, 05:15 PM
That helmet is not a SPI helmet. The two armor systems wouldn't even work with each other or are even in the same class. The SPI helmet wouldn't have any shields, so it wouldn't be very practical.

Elite Killa
May 31st, 2007, 05:22 PM
Fixed
But Power Rangers are badass, without the ass part...

Warsaw
May 31st, 2007, 05:34 PM

Can't have a Mk. V in Halo 3 without the Health system. The Mk. V doesn't auto-inject bio-foam like the Mk. VI does.

And I did say "As far as I am concerned" in my last post... :downs:

Elite Killa
May 31st, 2007, 06:04 PM
Can't have a Mk. V in Halo 3 without the Health system. The Mk. V doesn't auto-inject bio-foam like the Mk. VI does.

Yeah, and the speed that the Mk. V uses to recharge the shields is very annoying, indeed. Besides, I don't want her (the suit) to show her ugly mug in Halo 3.

Dole
May 31st, 2007, 06:27 PM
Then how does the health pack get administered so quickly?
I thought the Mk. V could auto-inject medicine, it just doesn't store a backup supply, and the medpack contains refill cartridges.

I don't remember how it works in the books, seeing as how I read them about two years ago.

But Power Rangers are badass, without the ass part...
You know what, Teekup's dubbed 'Spartan Trooper' is actually starting to grow on me...

TeeKup
May 31st, 2007, 06:35 PM
You know what, Teekup's dubbed 'Spartan Trooper' is actually starting to grow on me...
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6343/spartantrooper2lc4.jpg
:3

Warsaw
May 31st, 2007, 06:50 PM
The Chief (and other Spartans) had to inject bio-foam through little slots or ports located throughout the armor, or remove armor to get to the wounds. And I think we can chalk the health packs working so fast up for the sake of game play.

And the Mk. V's shields were STRONGER than the Mk. VI and recharged FASTER on Legendary (as far as the game itself is concerned, never mind official stats).

TeeKup
May 31st, 2007, 06:52 PM
And the Mk. V's shields were STRONGER than the Mk. VI and recharged FASTER on Legendary (as far as the game itself is concerned, never mind official stats).

I find this highly redundant. Are you sure?

Warsaw
May 31st, 2007, 06:58 PM
Positive. Three Plasma Rifle shots to take out your shields in Halo 2 on Legendary, five in Halo 1.

Dole
May 31st, 2007, 07:03 PM
The PR has the same firepower in both games?

Warsaw
May 31st, 2007, 07:27 PM
Well, if it is weaker in Halo 2, then that is even more pathetic. Did I mention that Halo 2 was also wanked out on Legendary?

Stealth
May 31st, 2007, 08:31 PM
am I the only one who's seeing a knife on the Spartan's chest?

Warsaw
May 31st, 2007, 08:32 PM
Useless against shields.

Stealth
May 31st, 2007, 08:34 PM
maybe, maybe not. it depends.:eng101:

demonmaster3k
May 31st, 2007, 08:35 PM

yes but the mkV did recieve minor upgrades from Dr. Catherine Halsey in the First Strike. MKVI parts were already at the testing facility in reach, so some of the spartans with broken armor parts got parts to the newer armor system (including new shield generators and biofoam injectors)

Dole
May 31st, 2007, 08:36 PM
am I the only one who's seeing a knife on the Spartan's chest?

Knife sheathed in the breastplate, mother fucker YES!
k?

CtrlAltDestroy
May 31st, 2007, 08:38 PM
stop using the :eng101: in inappropriate situations gosh

demonmaster3k
May 31st, 2007, 08:40 PM
i dunno about that teekup, it's kinda hard to beat the original spartans
http://www.cinemafusion.com/images/uploads/300b.jpg
THIS IS MADNESS!
THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!

Stealth
May 31st, 2007, 08:41 PM
k?
oh, ok, didn't see that one, maybe because you posted that right before I did, and I didn't get to read it, I was on my way out the door when the page finshed loading after I clicked "Post Reply".
Edite | @ leet, ;_; I thought it was appropriate right then.

TeeKup
May 31st, 2007, 09:21 PM
Demon that was just stupid.

Warsaw
May 31st, 2007, 09:22 PM
yes but the mkV did recieve minor upgrades from Dr. Catherine Halsey in the First Strike. MKVI parts were already at the testing facility in reach, so some of the spartans with broken armor parts got parts to the newer armor system (including new shield generators and biofoam injectors)

But we never played First Strike. And his armor was basically fried when he got back to Earth, making it almost totally useless.

Boba
May 31st, 2007, 09:25 PM
OH SHIT GUYS THIS DOESN'T LOOK VERY ALIEN SO I REFUSE TO BUY THIS GAME BOOOOOOO HISSSSSSSS

Just deal with it, It's life. I personally think they all look amazing.

Xegrot
May 31st, 2007, 11:25 PM
OH SHIT GUYS THIS DOESN'T LOOK VERY ALIEN SO I REFUSE TO BUY THIS GAME BOOOOOOO HISSSSSSSS

Besides, it's armor customization. You choose whatever armor style you want, and if you don't like the others, then you don't like the others.

p0lar_bear
May 31st, 2007, 11:39 PM
Ok, now we're going from Halo 3 discussion to full out nerd-fights. All we need are cosplayers and we'd be set.

In all seriousness, who gives a shit about the technical specifications of the suits? Like I said earlier, this is all COSMETIC. Just because a look changed, it doesn't have to mean that the inner workings have to conform as well.

I, personally, would think it to be awesome if you could "unlock" the MJOLNIR Mk. V armor via achievements, or beating the game. Hell, take it a step further, and throw in the armor from the early Halo alphas. :P

Atty
June 1st, 2007, 12:06 AM
All we need are cosplayers and we'd be set.

I've got my Nightmare Armor so anyone want to use this Cortana costume? A/S/L/pic required. :downs:

p0lar_bear
June 1st, 2007, 12:25 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen:

This thread is over.

:fail:

ExAm
June 1st, 2007, 01:42 AM
That Energy Sword makes me angry. Where is the irradiated gas aura? Where are the trailing plasma tendrils?
Aside from crisp new detail, the Sword itself hasn't been revised since Halo 2.

In a game that can effectively process visual reflection and distortion, self shadowing, high-detail models and textures, parallax mapping, bloom and lens flares, realistic particle systems, particulate water and interactive wind, and a draw distance of 15+ miles... simultaneously; you're telling me they don't have room to embellish the Sword any more than that?
They'd better put some work into that.
I have to disagree about the sword. I played around with it in a custom game, and they have added loads of pulsating, internal effects, and more electric tendrils moving up and down the blade. It is awesome, aside from its positioning. Halo 3's FoV needs an increase. It's like every possible bit of peripheral vision has been removed.

Digikid
June 1st, 2007, 05:56 AM
well regardless of it being a Spi LIKE armor....it is still ugly as hell.

Warsaw
June 1st, 2007, 02:20 PM

Besides, it's armor customization. You choose whatever armor style you want, and if you don't like the others, then you don't like the others.

He was referring to the Brute Chopper. And yes, while it does look amazing, it just doesn't match the universe. I am still going to buy the game, but this is going to be one of those things that detracts from the feel of it. And, judging from the descriptions, this looks like it will be a vehicle whore's dream come true.

Boba
June 1st, 2007, 04:14 PM
He was referring to the Brute Chopper. And yes, while it does look amazing, it just doesn't match the universe. I am still going to buy the game, but this is going to be one of those things that detracts from the feel of it. And, judging from the descriptions, this looks like it will be a vehicle whore's dream come true.

Oh were you the one who said that? :|

I thought it was Teekup, which is the only reason I posted in this thread.

BobtheGreatII
June 1st, 2007, 05:11 PM
Dude, you really gotta learn how to spell.

Sorry but it's not. Obviously the body armor is completely different, but even the helmet isn't the same:

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1162/spiarmorca0.jpg

Yea, but things can change from a painting in a book picture to that of an actual in game model. How else would you care to explain the visor. Some of it had to be based off of that....

Edit: Also, is that a knife!? Looks cool, doubt we will get to use it though...

Warsaw
June 1st, 2007, 06:36 PM
The Halo 3 picture's chest armor looks like Elite Combat Armor, with a UNSC touch to it.

Hey, a thought just spawned into my head. Could it be possible that the Chief gets new armor somewhere in the middle of the game?

JDMFSeanP
June 1st, 2007, 07:25 PM
I dont think they'd change the chief on us like that.

DaneO'Roo
June 1st, 2007, 07:33 PM
Nah, Me thinks chief needs more help on earth, and goes to free those last few spartans from the thing they're trapped in, from Ghosts of Onyx.

samnwck
June 1st, 2007, 07:34 PM
I don't think so either. Im really liking the new armor customizations...(Lol I read every line in this topic).

Elite Killa
June 1st, 2007, 07:57 PM
Yea, but things can change from a painting in a book picture to that of an actual in game model. How else would you care to explain the visor. Some of it had to be based off of that....

Edit: Also, is that a knife!? Looks cool, doubt we will get to use it though...
I think it's just a part of the armor. It wouldn't be all that fair for one armor to have a knife and the rest have squat. Besides, there's a lot of weapons right now to begin with, so why need more?

Also, I can see the "handle" but I don't see a blade. So there's your answer. it isn't a knife.

Atty
June 1st, 2007, 08:03 PM
Obviously Elite Killa has never seen a knife concealed in armor. It's possible it is but I doubt it will be a usable piece of equipment, although I'd love to stab some 9 year olds over XBL. B)

Stealth
June 1st, 2007, 08:29 PM
looks like Elite killa had never played with a real knife, and not one of those kitchen knifes. Elite Killa, that is a combat knife, trust me, I've seen a few, I don't have one, but I would love to have one.

Agamemnon
June 1st, 2007, 09:04 PM
Yes, playing with combat knifes is the mad rage nowadays. So is wanting to own one. All the cool kids own a combat knife.

Patrickssj6
June 1st, 2007, 09:28 PM
Yes, playing with combat knifes is the mad rage nowadays. So is wanting to own one. All the cool kids own a combat knife.
If that was meant ironically I agree with you (for once) :)

BobtheGreatII
June 1st, 2007, 10:53 PM

To slit their wrists cause they are emo :awesome:

Atty
June 2nd, 2007, 01:38 AM
Halo 3 Multiplayer Map Names
Chill
Description: Halo 3 Chill

Construct
Description: Halo 3 Construct

Cyberdyne
Description: Halo 3 Cyberdyne

Epitaph
Description: Some believe the Forerunners preferred desolate places. Others suggest that few other sites survived the Flood.

Guardian
Description: Halo 3 Guardian

High Ground
Description: A relic of older conflicts, this base was reactivated after the New Mombasa Slipspace Event.

Isolation
Description: Halo 3 Isolation

Last Resort
Description: Remote industrial sites like this one are routinely requisitioned and razed as part of Spartan training exercises.

Shrine
Description: Halo 3 Shrine

Snowbound
Description: Hostile conditions did not prevent the Covenant from seeking salvage on this buried Forerunner construct.

Valhalla
Description: The crew of V-398 barely survived their unplanned landing in this curious gorge.

Warthog Inc
Description: Halo 3 Warthog Inc

Semi-off topic but it's about new Halo 3 content revealed (or found as it would be.)

Seems like a pretty plausible list, it features some maps already mentioned and that are in the beta (but anyone could have found those names and come up with new ones, so they could be faked, but it's from the same source as most of the other information that's turned out to be true.)

Also, Chill, anyone thinking Chill Out? Remember a few weeks ago Frankie talked about fog in a MP level they were working on and it makes me think of how the H:1 version of Chill Out had fog in it (iirc) so it would make sense, it'd welcome it back. :)

p0lar_bear
June 2nd, 2007, 02:22 AM
Also, I can see the "handle" but I don't see a blade. So there's your answer. it isn't a knife.How many more times do I have to say it?

COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS!

IT'S ALL COSMETIC. ARMOR/HELMET CHANGES IN THE GAME ARE PURELY FOR LOOKS, AND WILL NOT AFFECT GAMEPLAY AT ALL.

Stop making wild and dumb speculations about EVERY. LITTLE. DETAIL. in the pictures. While Bungie may have a history of viral marketing, this isn't a case of such a thing, it is a showcase of features and weapons. There is nothing to find besides what is shown to you at face value.

ExAm
June 2nd, 2007, 02:22 AM
I want to see Warthog, Inc. Hog factory mb?

Also, that knife is sheathed in a section of the chestplate, upside-down, it looks like.

Atty
June 2nd, 2007, 03:12 AM
We've already seen Warthog Inc. It was a map shown in the Multiplayer Vid Doc.

Stealth
June 2nd, 2007, 09:01 AM
How many more times do I have to say it?

COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS!

IT'S ALL COSMETIC. ARMOR/HELMET CHANGES IN THE GAME ARE PURELY FOR LOOKS, AND WILL NOT AFFECT GAMEPLAY AT ALL.

Stop making wild and dumb speculations about EVERY. LITTLE. DETAIL. in the pictures. While Bungie may have a history of viral marketing, this isn't a case of such a thing, it is a showcase of features and weapons. There is nothing to find besides what is shown to you at face value.
clam down, please.

I want to see Warthog, Inc. Hog factory mb?

Also, that knife is sheathed in a section of the chestplate, upside-down, it looks like.
hog inc sounds fun.
And I don't think so, maybe there is something holding it in.

Dole
June 2nd, 2007, 10:08 AM
Halo 3 Multiplayer Map Names
Cyberdyne
Description: Halo 3 Cyberdyne
Cyberdyne?
As in Cyberdyne industries, the SkyNet subsidary from Terminator 2 where Michael Dyson "developed" endoskeleton tech and a processing chip?

Also, I can see the "handle" but I don't see a blade. So there's your answer. it isn't a knife.
Wow. Wow. The blade is sheathed you fucking idiot.

Agamemnon
June 2nd, 2007, 11:01 AM
If that was meant ironically I agree with you (for once) :)
You mean sarcastically and yeah, I did mean it to be sarcastic.

Rosco
June 2nd, 2007, 02:11 PM
clam down, please.

LOL

I see no problem with polars post, I'm pretty sure it's hard holding your temper when people don't think outside the box every now and then.

Stealth
June 2nd, 2007, 02:38 PM
>.> yes it's very hard.

k4is3rxkh40s
June 2nd, 2007, 03:29 PM
Cyberdyne?
As in Cyberdyne industries, the SkyNet subsidary from Terminator 2 where Michael Dyson "developed" endoskeleton tech and a processing chip?

Wow. Wow. The blade is sheathed you fucking idiot.

Might be a place where they manufacture the suits and etc? :\

Hotrod
June 2nd, 2007, 04:12 PM
We've already seen Warthog Inc. It was a map shown in the Multiplayer Vid Doc.

Really? Which one was it? I don't remember seeing any warthog factories in the video.

Dole
June 2nd, 2007, 06:40 PM
It didn't really look like a factory... tbh, it looked more like a giant greenhouse.
In the beginning of the "Is Quisnam Protero Damno!" video, it's the map in the opening scene.

Hotrod
June 2nd, 2007, 08:29 PM
Oh, that's sort of like an indoor city map, right? The one that's similar to turf?

Dole
June 2nd, 2007, 10:21 PM
More or less.

Elite Killa
June 4th, 2007, 06:50 AM
There was another map similar to Gephyrophobia. I kinda liked Gephyrophobia, but it got boring after a while. Maybe since Bungie didn't make the map, some Xbox-only players will not be able to recognize it. Therefore most people playing it will not complain about it being a remake.

Sorry for the bump too.:o

Digikid
June 4th, 2007, 09:55 AM
You aren't much of a reader are you son?

You will have to forgive Teekup....he can be very ignorant.

I sent a email to Frankie about the SPI Elements of the armor....lets see what he says.

TeeKup
June 4th, 2007, 03:22 PM
I beg your pardon? Oh I get it, you're still angry because I call you stupid.

Ha ha ha. :haw:

Wether that armor was inspired by the SPI armor or not, it ISN'T the SPI armor. It an MJOLNIR with an SPI themed helmet.

Boba
June 4th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Snowbound
Description: Hostile conditions did not prevent the Covenant from seeking salvage on this buried Forerunner construct.
I swore is was on Basis. (Yes, I know this is the map description)

You will have to forgive Teekup....he can be very ignorant.:highfive:

Kornman00
June 4th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Hes going to say...nothing.

I'm not sure if I like those different helmets tbh :/

EDIT: I do believe Basis is the gas giant...even if it is it's moon instead, I don't ever remember any references to frozen landscapes and from screens it looked pretty dead like ours

Warsaw
June 4th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Basis is the moon of the gas giant, Threshold, that Halo Installation 04 orbits.

If you want to know what Basis looks like, play Burial Mounds, because that is located on basis, it says so in the description.

Digikid
June 4th, 2007, 04:45 PM
I beg your pardon? Oh I get it, you're still angry because I call you stupid.

Ha ha ha. :haw:

Wether that armor was inspired by the SPI armor or not, it ISN'T the SPI armor. It an MJOLNIR with an SPI themed helmet.

ok then mr know it all.

PROVE IT! :p and it better be good.

TeeKup
June 4th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Normally I WOULD retaliate, but I don't waste my time on pompous idiots like Digi. :downs:

He was added to my ignore list. Besides, its the internet. Most people like Digi are nothing more than losers IRL anyway.:haw:Now lets continue, hopefully avoiding more crap.

CtrlAltDestroy
June 4th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Impeccable logic.

Digikid
June 4th, 2007, 05:36 PM
does he know what that even is? Doubt it. :P

Boba
June 4th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Normally I WOULD retaliate, but I don't waste my time on pompous idiots like Digi. :downs:

He was added to my ignore list. Besides, its the internet. Most people like Digi are nothing more than losers IRL anyway.:haw:Now lets continue, hopefully avoiding more crap.
Stop fucking up the thread with your queer I-think-I'm-superior logic.

Warsaw
June 4th, 2007, 09:45 PM
How about we stop this pointless arguing and get back to the discussion at hand?

p0lar_bear
June 4th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Yes, please.

*drools over the new content again*

Warsaw
June 4th, 2007, 11:40 PM
I am going to go for an SPI look. How about you guys?

p0lar_bear
June 5th, 2007, 02:23 AM
I'd go for the default look, really, or perhaps the dubbed "spartan trooper" look.

I still think it would be awesome to find an H3-ified MJOLNIR Mk. V in the game. The simplicity of the armor's look just kinda grew on me, seems much cleaner than the Mk. VI. In all honesty, I think they simply made the Mk. 6 to have something to bumpmap. :v:

Digikid
June 5th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Stop fucking up the thread with your queer I-think-I'm-superior logic.

I quite agree. He has a additude that will not be tolerated.

Anyways I just had a thought.....what if that "Trooper" look is actually new armor for the ODST? Same visor somewhat......

IPBJT!
June 5th, 2007, 11:49 AM
I am going to go for an SPI look. How about you guys?
Default, unless there's the MK 5 armor. But that'll depend if it'll be good looking.

Reaper Man
June 5th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Anyways I just had a thought.....what if that "Trooper" look is actually new armor for the ODST? Same visor somewhat......
Lol, no. :v

Razgriz
June 5th, 2007, 01:41 PM
i love that make a spartan thing. It makes it all the easier for me to spot the noobs. I've had the classify everyone but me under that list for much to long.

p0lar_bear
June 5th, 2007, 01:47 PM
i love that make a spartan thing. It makes it all the easier for me to spot the noobs.

I fail to see how?

Warsaw
June 5th, 2007, 02:47 PM
N00bs will pimp it out and choose bad color schemes, really badly matching parts, and think it looks good.

The "Spartan Trooper" is reportedly the "Extravehicular Activity" version of MJOLNIR. This is exclusive to the game, and is not mentioned in the books at all. The obivously SPI-inspired armor is dubbed the "CQB" Armor...I fail to see why.

Digikid
June 5th, 2007, 03:14 PM
CQB?

Cuddly Queen Bitch Armor?

:D

Terry
June 5th, 2007, 04:19 PM
The helmets look kind of bad so far.

p0lar_bear
June 5th, 2007, 04:25 PM
N00bs will pimp it out and choose bad color schemes, really badly matching parts, and think it looks good.

I can only see someone who'd go out of their way to lookXpurposefullyedumbteven consider that.

Then again, i guess that fits the bill, depending on your definition of "noob."

Razgriz
June 5th, 2007, 05:10 PM
noobs come in many shapes and sizes, but the ones that "pimp out" their armor are begging for me to murder them.

Zeph
June 5th, 2007, 05:28 PM
There was another map similar to Gephyrophobia. I kinda liked Gephyrophobia, but it got boring after a while. Maybe since Bungie didn't make the map, some Xbox-only players will not be able to recognize it. Therefore most people playing it will not complain about it being a remake.

Sorry for the bump too.:o

Dont confuse design language with remakes.

Synic
June 5th, 2007, 06:15 PM
It would be sick if those were other spartans from the book...(I forget the name of it but the one that takes place after halo 1 and before halo 2 with kelly and the Dr w.e her name was) Like if all them came back, err well the 4 of them...kelly is the only one i can remember but there were a few others if i remember correctly.:confused2:

Dole
June 5th, 2007, 06:18 PM
The "Spartan Trooper" is reportedly the "Extravehicular Activity" version of MJOLNIR. This is exclusive to the game, and is not mentioned in the books at all. The obivously SPI-inspired armor is dubbed the "CQB" Armor...I fail to see why.
This information is in the magazine?

Well I don't see the sense in a Spartan spacesuit, considering MJOLNIR armor can already function in a vacuum... and tbh, armor modified for close-quarters combat really doesn't seem necessary for supersoldiers with fantastic reaction times and blinding speed.
However, the modifications for the CQB Armor are apparent: obviously the knife is a narrow-radius weapon (no shit), and it has a visor that provides unobstructed peripheral vision.

Besides, its the internet. 95% of the people who waste their time here are nothing more than losers IRL anyway.
Ftfy.

Warsaw
June 5th, 2007, 07:29 PM
I am just going by what people in the thread from the link Masterz gave us were saying. None of it is official.

ExAm
June 5th, 2007, 07:31 PM
CQB?

Cuddly Queen Bitch Armor?

:DClose Quarters Battle. Man, you're an idiot.

Razgriz
June 5th, 2007, 08:27 PM
One of them was frank i think, and the spartan space suite might have some jet thing or something to let them move in space, instead of just using velocity jumps.

Warsaw
June 5th, 2007, 08:43 PM
I think the "Spartan Trooper" is called the EVA suit because it has less visor space, making the helmet more durable.

And the custom armor plating does indeed look like Elite battle armor with a UNSC overtone...and a knife.

Synic
June 5th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Im not sure where i read this, but someone mentioned something about active camo levels, Being poor...good...high w.e along those lines, and possibly the armor variations are light/heavy armor settings, and lighter armor=higher active camo/jump height/run speed etc...while heavier is the opposite.

And how i see it being

light - the full visors face version
med - current mc
heavy - the star trooper looking guy

JUST THROWIN IT OUT THERE

Xegrot
June 5th, 2007, 09:53 PM
I'd go for the default look, really, or perhaps the dubbed "spartan trooper" look.

I still think it would be awesome to find an H3-ified MJOLNIR Mk. V in the game. The simplicity of the armor's look just kinda grew on me, seems much cleaner than the Mk. VI. In all honesty, I think they simply made the Mk. 6 to have something to bumpmap. :v:

I read on the Halo 3 site (www.halo3.com (http://www.halo3.com)) that the Legendary Edition will come with two discs of special content, one of which holds Halo and Halo 2 custscenes redone using Halo 3's engine.

If you're gonna spend a hundred fifty dollars on a game just to see the original Spartan V all polished up... go ahead and be my guest.

p0lar_bear
June 5th, 2007, 10:30 PM
If you're gonna spend a hundred fifty dollars on a game just to see the original Spartan V all polised up... go ahead and be my guest.

I didn't say that. I just said that would be a cool bonus.

ExAm
June 6th, 2007, 01:07 AM
I read on the Halo 3 site (www.halo3.com (http://www.halo3.com)) that the Legendary Edition will come with two discs of special content, one of which holds Halo and Halo 2 custscenes redone using Halo 3's engine.

If you're gonna spend a hundred fifty dollars on a game just to see the original Spartan V all polised up... go ahead and be my guest.K. Time for me to save more money than I already had saved :D

Warsaw
June 6th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Im not sure where i read this, but someone mentioned something about active camo levels, Being poor...good...high w.e along those lines, and possibly the armor variations are light/heavy armor settings, and lighter armor=higher active camo/jump height/run speed etc...while heavier is the opposite.

And how i see it being

light - the full visors face version
med - current mc
heavy - the star trooper looking guy

JUST THROWIN IT OUT THERE

Hello "Tribes: Halo"...:mad:

If they do that, Halo Multiplayer will be dead...it won't be the same at all.

Xegrot
June 6th, 2007, 06:45 PM
I didn't say that. I just said that would be a cool bonus.

I didn't say you said that... Lol...

Digikid
June 6th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Close Quarters Battle. Man, you're an idiot.

Takes one to know one... I guess you should be an expert by now. :lol:

It was a joke...hence the :D . So before you go shooting your mouth off please TRY to read the whole post and then try to UNDERSTAND it.

Thank You. :mad:

Now to get back on topic:

Which one is the Vehicular Armor again? I heard that one was for that purpose only.....

ExAm
June 7th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Your post was still idiotic, no matter how you slice it. It was a lame joke, regardless of whether it was one or not.

It was referred to as EXTRA-vehicular Activity Armor, meaning activity OUTSIDE of a vehicle. The term is mainly used to refer to spacewalks, outside of a space vehicle, such as a shuttle.

Razgriz
June 7th, 2007, 07:18 AM
either way they'll find a way the make the system work. . .they test the game out every day if their was something so bad it would ruin the multi-player in it it wouldn't get in.

p0lar_bear
June 7th, 2007, 09:22 AM
either way they'll find a way the make the system work. . .they test the game out every day if their was something so bad it would ruin the multi-player in it it wouldn't get in.

This is true. Nitro has stated before that when a feature is added, many test cases are run to sift out the bugs. Though he was talking about the h2ek, all software is like that. Of course, bugs ALWAYS surface after a release.

Reaper Man
June 7th, 2007, 09:28 AM
I'm pretty sure the armour customisation is purely aesthetic.

TeeKup
June 7th, 2007, 12:10 PM

Sup fellow Ace Combat 5 Fan. :)

+ Rep for explosive american.

As for the armor. The SPI themed helmet is slowly growing on me, however I'm not sure if it would be a wise choice in combat, just seems like it would have a major tendency to attract snipers.

demonmaster3k
June 7th, 2007, 01:48 PM
One of them was frank i think, and the spartan space suite might have some jet thing or something to let them move in space, instead of just using velocity jumps.
the surviving spartans were fred, kelly, linda and john.
fred and linda are on earth with john at the beginning of GoO, but they get sent to Onyx. Kelly is with Dr. Halsey

the EVspartan suit could be outfitted for beter mobility in space (like the space elite armo). i recall in many case that the chief though of space fights as very unconfortable because one wrong action could send you into the vaccum for eternity. the new suit could feature onboard propulsion units over the rocket packs that the earlier suits used

if halo 1 were to undergo a remake, i don't think the MarkV will look the same as it did in 2001-2003 considering this is the MarkIV
http://www.haloanyone.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/halowarsSpartan.jpg

Warsaw
June 7th, 2007, 06:30 PM

Then how did the BR55 slip in? (Halo 2 and Halo 3) And the Sword (in Halo 2)?

And personally, I feel that Mk. IV interpretation looks really bad. The books did state that the Mk. IV looked like a slimmer Mk. V with a fusion pack twice as large. That, my friend, is bulkier than a Mk. V.

Dole
June 7th, 2007, 07:29 PM
http://www.haloanyone.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/halowarsSpartan.jpg
Oy vey, that IS beautiful.

Masterz1337
June 10th, 2007, 09:17 PM
This is true. Nitro has stated before that when a feature is added, many test cases are run to sift out the game. Though he was talking about the h2ek, all software is like that. Of course, bugs ALWAYS surface after a release.
fixed that for ya.

Dole
June 11th, 2007, 03:27 PM
That, my friend, is bulkier than a Mk. V.
If you compare the two, the Mk. V actually is chunkier, especially around the breastplate and the abdomen; they are wider and protrude outward much more than the Halo Wars armor. The only reason this armor looks bigger is because of the unnatural size of the fusionpack and the auxiliary shoulderguard.

Plus, although it is not actually bigger than the Mk. V, the fact that the Mk. IV has so much detail and such compact features centralized on the armor where the Mk. V has none, it has a more distinct onscreen presence than the comparatively simple design scheme of the latter, which in turn gives the illusion of more bulk... but it IS stockier than the Mk. VI, and that's for sure.

However, it hasn't yet been officially confirmed that this actually is Mk. IV. (but in all sincerity, what else could it be?)
Meh, I still love it.

Warsaw
June 11th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Nice, my friend, very nice.

Veegie
June 13th, 2007, 03:07 AM
Oy vey, that IS beautiful.
http://nikon.bungie.org/news.html?item=18857

rossmum
June 13th, 2007, 04:41 AM
Then how did the BR55 slip in? (Halo 2 and Halo 3) And the Sword (in Halo 2)?
The BR wasn't that bad. In any case, it's ironic that many of the people who complain about it constantly sung their praises of the M6D and bitched nonstop about it being dropped from H2... when really, it lived on as the BR. The sword could easily be beaten with a well-timed shotgun blast or a little quick thinking. I see no noteworthy issues with either weapon. :raise:

However, it hasn't yet been officially confirmed that this actually is Mk. IV. (but in all sincerity, what else could it be?)
Meh, I still love it.
A stylised interpretation of the Mk.IV? Take a look around - each person has their own way of portraying Halo-esque designs. One person's impression of the Mk.V, for example, can look completely different to somebody else's. Yes, it could well be the 'true' IV; however, I wouldn't count on that.

Also, nice find, Veeg.

Warsaw
June 13th, 2007, 01:02 PM
The sword is beatable, I know. However, I tend to be able to get away with using it exclusively in an all-weapons enabled game...meaning, it is not balanced.

The BR is bad not because of its ability to own, but because of the burst function. It's annoying. Had they made it a rapid-fire semi-automatic weapon (when scoped), it would have been more fun to use. I hate not having control of how many shots I fire with each pull of the trigger.

Dole
June 13th, 2007, 07:29 PM
http://nikon.bungie.org/news.html?item=18857
I know, I caught your find on HBO the next day. Gorgeous work, although I'm surprised something posted about six months ago didn't surface sooner.

rossmum
June 14th, 2007, 02:40 AM
The sword is beatable, I know. However, I tend to be able to get away with using it exclusively in an all-weapons enabled game...meaning, it is not balanced.
I've never seen a sword win at anything other than point-blank range, and even then it came out on top only half of the time. It's pretty easy to kill a sword whore as they approach you; failing that, you can shotgun or stick them as they lunge. If worse comes to worst, you can simply drop a few grenades and take them with you.

The BR is bad not because of its ability to own, but because of the burst function. It's annoying. Had they made it a rapid-fire semi-automatic weapon (when scoped), it would have been more fun to use. I hate not having control of how many shots I fire with each pull of the trigger.
I don't see a problem with that. It forces you to choose your targets and place your shots carefully, and in any case those 3 rounds fire in such short succession that it's barely different to a semiauto in most situations.

Warsaw
June 14th, 2007, 10:10 AM
You don't approach them when you have the sword...you let them approach you. Trust me, Sanctuary with 12 people and all weapons, it was pretty easy to win with the sword (I also had possession of the shotgun too, as backup).

Choose shots carefully? All you have to do is pull the trigger as fast as you can while aiming in the general direction of their head, and you win 80% of the time. It's too easy to squeeze of those 12 killing shots.

Pooky
June 15th, 2007, 04:25 PM
The sword doesn't rape because it's too powerful, it rapes because of the psychology of Halo players. 99% of what they do is run around in the open spraying off shots at people. And if they see a sword coming their first response is usually to run backwards. Halo players are terribly afflicted with tunnel vision, they don't see anything that's not right in front of them, and sometimes not even then if you haven't shot at them. I've won entire games with the shotgun on blood gulch by simply not letting myself be seen. If people would actually think about what they're doing and have different responses to the same situation, it wouldn't be so much of a predictable OMG SWORD GUY! :death: thing

Rosco
June 17th, 2007, 08:58 AM
you could refer the sword abilities to how people react around a flame thrower, if someone is coming at you, your instinct is to run backwards.

Pred1ator
June 17th, 2007, 09:27 AM
i madez a signature out of the high def picture of the round headed master chief. btw when i come in contact with a sword person i eather bxr him or shotgun him..i dont run away like a loser unless i have weak weapons.

DaneO'Roo
June 17th, 2007, 09:49 AM
^ you wrecked :awesome:

:smith:

Pred1ator
June 17th, 2007, 09:59 AM
^ you wrecked :awesome:

:smith:

fine its back, just trying to blend it in with my profile :(

Dole
June 18th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Alas, the Brute Chopper has been revealed, yet what then is the Mauler? Any speculation?

Veegie
June 18th, 2007, 07:30 PM
The Brute Chopper.

Just like the Spike Grenade is called Claymore Grenade in tag names.

[00:31:08] <Frankie> fake strings
[00:31:14] <Frankie> deliberately misleading statements
[00:31:19] <Frankie> placeholder UI strings and so on
[00:31:31] <Frankie> and one swear

--

[00:33:00] <Frankie> Nah - everything that happened was expected
[00:33:29] <Frankie> we don't condone it, but we assume every single thing in the code will be discovered

Dole
June 18th, 2007, 11:01 PM
In the Spartan Laser BWU from a few months ago, weren't the Chopper and Mauler referred to as two different things?

KennyownsU
June 18th, 2007, 11:40 PM

Look at the way he is holding the weapon. It's in his left hand!!! In halo 3, we might have the ability to switch our what hands to hold weapons!

ExAm
June 18th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Look at the way he is holding the weapon. It's in his left hand!!! In halo 3, we might have the ability to switch our what hands to hold weapons!No, it's not in his left hand. It's in his right hand, and he's supporting with his left wrapped around his right. Look harder.

KennyownsU
June 19th, 2007, 12:00 AM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q137/KPHouser25/h3_mc_hands.jpg

His left hand is holding the gun, while the right hand is on bottom.

Dole
June 19th, 2007, 12:20 AM
No, it's not in his left hand. It's in his right hand, and he's supporting with his left wrapped around his right. Look harder.
No he's right, you're getting disoriented by the mirror effect.

I had predicted that there was a righty/lefty option back when the first screenshots of MP were introduced in October, where there was a picture of someone wielding a Spartan Laser left-handed.
Someone disregarded it as just being early pre-alpha animations, but... if they're accustomed to creating right-handed animations for six years now it would've been extremely unlikely to make anything left-handed if even for early tests.
At this stage of development though (and with character customization at a whole new level; awhile ago Bungie even suggested that they might do separate reaction voices for male and female Spartans), it is undeniably a new feature.

KennyownsU
June 19th, 2007, 12:59 AM
No he's right, ou're getting disoriented by the mirror effect.

I had predicted that there was a righty/lefty option back when the first screenshots of MP were introduced in October, where there was a picture of someone wielding a Spartan Laser left-handed.
Someone disregarded it as just being early pre-alpha animations, but... if they're accustomed to creating right-handed animations for six years now it would've been extremely unlikely to make anything left-handed if even for early tests.
At this stage of development though (and with character customization at a whole new level; awhile ago Bungie even suggested that they might do separate reaction voices for male and female Spartans), it is undeniably a new feature.

It would be kinda cool to toggle which hand or way you hold the gun, right hand, left hand, or middle of the screen. (quake 1 FYI)

ExAm
June 19th, 2007, 01:00 AM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q137/KPHouser25/h3_mc_hands.jpg

His left hand is holding the gun, while the right hand is on bottom.Crap, sorry. The picture's graininess made me see something else, but now that I look harder.

p0lar_bear
June 19th, 2007, 02:25 AM
[00:31:08] <Frankie> fake strings
[00:31:14] <Frankie> deliberately misleading statements
[00:31:19] <Frankie> placeholder UI strings and so on
[00:31:31] <Frankie> and one swear

--

[00:33:00] <Frankie> Nah - everything that happened was expected
[00:33:29] <Frankie> we don't condone it, but we assume every single thing in the code will be discovered

Just like Bungie to throw something out that would cause the fanboys to shit themselves. :lol:

Roi
June 20th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Umm.. LoL?
http://th3exchange.com/TM22(2).gif (http://th3exchange.com/TM22%282%29.gif)

(Apparently can't show .gifs here.)

Reaper Man
June 20th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Umm.. LoL?
http://th3exchange.com/TM22(2).gif (http://th3exchange.com/TM22&#37;282%29.gif)

(Apparently can't show .gifs here.)
I'm assuming you tried tags.
[IMG]http://th3exchange.com/TM22%282%29.gif
I'm loving the way they die, XD

Roi
June 20th, 2007, 07:32 AM
^Thanks. Yes, I tried them - I don't know how to do what you did. Is aim assist in Halo 3 that bad or did he just pwn them? xD

Terry
June 20th, 2007, 08:19 AM
^Thanks. Yes, I tried them - I don't know how to do what you did. Is aim assist in Halo 3 that bad or did he just pwn them? xD

He just pwned them. I don't think there is aim assist in no scopes.

Warsaw
June 21st, 2007, 07:37 PM
Not with the sniper, no. Same goes for the Beam Rifle (obviously).