PDA

View Full Version : Pet Rock for Windows Vista

jcap
June 2nd, 2007, 12:55 PM
Pet Rock for Windows Vista is the next game in line for the Games for Windows - LIVE family, bringing the LIVE experience to things which didn't previously have it (and don't need it). Back from the 70s, Pet Rock for Windows Vista is enhanced with new features for both Silver and Gold members of LIVE. Gold members will be able to enjoy the full experience, but Silver members will still be able to have fun. Everyone will be able to enjoy the enhanced, sharpened graphics this title has to offer. Jump into the game instantly and install the game in the background with Rock 'N Roll! It also contains the RocKIT Editor so you can create your own rocks and two new exclusive box map levels - Cardboard Box and Shoebox. A list of features available by LIVE membership is below:

Silver:
Create custom rocks
Paint your rock to your liking
Join boxes with other rocks

Gold:
Share your rocks with friends
Have BOXing matches against others of the same type
Earn achievements for training your rock
Automatically download custom maps to play with your rocks on
Get dirt for your rock

http://jcap.h2vista.net/files/pics/Pet_Rock_cover.jpg

To set up your own box, you must use a LIVE key so your box can be taken away at any time for any reason deemed necessary. You also cannot use your box on the same computer as yours due to the LIVE service. Boxes must be administered through Remote Desktop because there are no other means of remote administration. The RocKIT Editor only allows the painting your rock. Your rock's name is also linked to your gamertag, so you cannot change it or make it "cute" in any way.

Edit: Apparently the game has been delayed to an unspecified date. It is believed that the cause for delay is due to nudity. Apparently, when editing the rocks in the RocKIT Editor, the paint tool did not fully cover the rock, leaving some of it exposed. They have since issued a recall of the game and changed the rating of it from E (for everyone) to T (for teens).

teh lag
June 2nd, 2007, 12:57 PM
My bad everyone, I found the nudity here too. :(

Also win.

Limited
June 2nd, 2007, 12:59 PM
Sweet, now I can start a rock collection!!!

Con
June 2nd, 2007, 01:06 PM
Hey guys i got my version of the game finally.

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/7248/dscf0307copy2dj8.jpg

As you can see, they've changed it from teen to everyone after the recall. I tried installing it with the new "rock n roll" feature so i could play it earlier, but it kept giving me this shit, so i had to reinstall it. anyway, I'm pretty disappointed in the RocKIT. turns out all you can really do is paint your rock with a few standard default colors. the game came with 5 default levels, plus 2 new box maps which kinda sucked.

CtrlAltDestroy
June 2nd, 2007, 01:10 PM
i heard kornman hacked the rocKIT to have accessories and more colors to paint your rock with but i dont think hes gonna release it :(

rossmum
June 2nd, 2007, 01:12 PM
Guys, I've seen some screens and the game looks exactly the same as the original only higher res and with antialiasing. I even heard from several friends that it even has all of the exact same bugs.

Limited
June 2nd, 2007, 02:03 PM
I'm looking forward to this:

Gold:
Share your rocks with friends
Have BOXing matches against others of the same type
Earn achievements for training your rock
Automatically download custom maps to play with your rocks on
Get dirt for your rock

Dirt wasnt available in previous game, what an update eh? :):)

Con
June 2nd, 2007, 02:14 PM
WTF

Guys, I was playing around with the rocKIT and they didn't fix the fucking nudity:

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/3480/kit12yy3.jpg

Does that not look like a patchy spot with missing paint? ...

jcap
June 2nd, 2007, 02:18 PM
http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-fappery.gif

Kornman00
June 2nd, 2007, 02:43 PM
i heard kornman hacked the rocKIT to have accessories and more colors to paint your rock with but i dont think hes gonna release it :(
I'm putting forth all my research I get with rocKIT into making Monolith, Gorilla and Sprock. When complete, they will be compatable with not only PetRockVista, but also PetRock:Custom Edition and PetRock:Pets Devolved.

Release Date: TBA

Kornman00
June 2nd, 2007, 02:59 PM
They also included the silenced pebble in the tag set for rocKIT :-o

klange
June 2nd, 2007, 03:00 PM
So help me God, I'll get this to run on Linux through Wine...
XD

Warning! The following "Spoiler" contains seriousness.

Nice editing kit, Conscar. Looks like it has too many features though...
Also, someone should make this game.

Agamemnon
June 2nd, 2007, 05:36 PM
I dunno guys, I've heard only bad things about this game. Something about macroing buttons so you can paint your pet rock through the game's glitches.

Timo
June 2nd, 2007, 06:07 PM
Delayed again? :-(

Kornman00
June 2nd, 2007, 06:16 PM
I hear the game is in fact, fake, only used to produce hype for LIVE, and for people to buy LIVE Gold subscriptions :eng101:. In reality, when you try installing the game, it only patches sol.exe and makes all your cards show a guy mooning you and invalidates your Vista install.

Be warned

ExAm
June 2nd, 2007, 06:18 PM
I'm currently boycotting Pet Rock Vista. I don't even need it anyway, I still have the original from the 70s, and it's PLENTY fun!

rossmum
June 2nd, 2007, 07:37 PM
I'm currently boycotting Pet Rock Vista. I don't even need it anyway, I still have the original from the 70s, and it's PLENTY fun!
I'm with you, man.

Emmzee
June 2nd, 2007, 08:18 PM
Yeah man, the classic is much better than this piece of shit remake.

Agamemnon
June 2nd, 2007, 09:50 PM
I see a butt crack in that picture! Time for another delay!

Bodzilla
June 2nd, 2007, 10:34 PM
Guys, I've seen some screens and the game looks exactly the same as the original only higher res and with antialiasing. I even heard from several friends that it even has all of the exact same bugs.
The devil u say!

rossmum
June 4th, 2007, 01:18 AM
It's hardly cutting-edge... just a direct port of the original game.

legionaire45
June 4th, 2007, 01:52 AM
It's hardly cutting-edge... just a direct port of the original game.
wow, the company that ported it couldn't even get that right =P.