PDA

View Full Version : Yoyorast Island V2: Update!

yoyorast
June 2nd, 2007, 10:38 PM
Hey Friends! I never thought it'd took so much time.. you must think : "but what the hell is he waiting for.." Well there's 3 reasons for the project progressing so slowly:
1st is lack of free time to work on it.. Ye, I have a job hehe:p and I have a girlfriend hehe:p and it's taking almost all my time.. So sometimes I can only work on it one day a week, some other week: 2 or 3 evenings, nights... every single break moment I have, I spend it on the model... I've lost all my friends, I don't answer the phone, I don't eat or sleep anymore :p
The 2nd reason is that I can't help being so seakly perfectionist.. last time I thought the model was done, I really thought it was.. but some days after, I couldn't resist adding new stuff and rework things... But believe me, it's all for the Good and for an ultimate gameplay expirience!
The 3rd is that for one moment, I've been putting all my energy and time to prepare a Big promotion operation (Mails, Site, Videos of V1 (here you have your answer guys:p ) Printed CD, Pics, renders, 50 letters with CDs inside with all info and stuff, even the V2 model...) to actually Sell the V2 model to Bungie for H3... Guess what... never got an answer... anyway, I dreamed, I tried, I failed... It's all forgotten and behind now..
Here I have the lastest version of the V2 model DONE! As I said before, It constists of completly new stuff plus tons of correction I made after I could make my own alpha test in a build made by TheGhost (I won't show you any pics of this one for now: too early stage and only for testing purpose).
I'm not going to detail everything here nor showing you tons of renders as as use to but here are 2 or 3 ones I wanted to show you: (As usual, the textures here are not those you'll find in the game (too bad :p ) just using these for my renders.. although the texturing of "game" model is well advanced (but don't expect anything big, it won't be much diferent from V1 in that domain) because the amount of poly in V2 is becoming Very high and I don't want to add lots of new textures an stuff to keep the stuff playable.
So here on the pics you can see some of the new stuff: 2 New mountains with sniping bases accesible from teleporters in the "central room" (in the heart of the island)...
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/7936/doc105jq7.jpg
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7223/doc107ai0.jpg
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9537/doc110wr7.jpg
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/2262/doc78ct2.jpg
O and don't ask about betatesting please, Now that the new model is ready, TheGhost is going to put in it in game (Thanks a lot to him :smoke:) and then I'll go on testing and modifying what I see wrong alone (and with TheGhost) first... Then when I'll be completly satified with a build, I'll call my betatesters for a final and (I hope) short betatest.
Ok now I have some requests:
Lightning, if you're reading this, please man, if you still have the model of my custom hog, I invite you to make a little last effort and finish this texturing please.. it's now or never.
On an other hand, as I can't manage to contact rec0, I'm going to need one guy capable of making some scripts for the switches/doors.. anyone interested can PM me here.. but you got to be a real pro hehe :p thanks.
One last thing is about the Mongoose... I'd like to see the H3 one in the map but the one made by madworkz http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=63118&highlight=mongoose+model
I PMed him lastly but got no reply, if you're reading this madworkz, please check your PM... Would be so cool to have your baby in V2! Anyway, it will be yours or hog instead.
O and in case you ask, yes there'll be a H2Vista after this one.
Guys thanks for reading and be prepared for V2 it's coming soon for real!
More news and stuff at www.yoyorast.com (http://www.yoyorast.com) (New site coming very soon by Freelancer :leet: )

Stealth
June 2nd, 2007, 11:12 PM
O.o
dude, you've just made up for the long wait. I can't wait to see more of it.

BobtheGreatII
June 2nd, 2007, 11:49 PM
Wow, nice work, as usual. Keep it up, can't wait to see it.

Also, love the hog! If it has kept it's same shape as the pictures you put on your website.

Xegrot
June 2nd, 2007, 11:54 PM
ZOMG, MY EYES! THE 1337-NESS IS BURNING MY EYES!

I am not worthy! :worship:

Great work, it looks fantastic!

Sever
June 3rd, 2007, 12:08 AM
You've heared my comments all along yoyo, so just another thumbs-up for assing more sniping spots. The last ramp still looks physicallyimpossible though. Add a support, or at least some green energy beams, connecting it to the top of the glass casing on the vehicle path. (like how it was in v1) More green energy beams would look cool. Keep at it!

Varmint260
June 3rd, 2007, 12:36 AM
I looked at those pictures and suddenly wish I had a 4 foot high model of the map that I could run my Hot Wheels through. :) No, seriously!

But anyways, that looks absolutely beautiful. I am definitely looking forward to the release. Keep up the good work!

OmegaDragon
June 3rd, 2007, 12:42 AM
:O

You just made my day.

Teroh
June 3rd, 2007, 02:54 AM
Lovely!

Limited
June 3rd, 2007, 07:17 AM
Looking great as ever yoyo :)

DaneO'Roo
June 3rd, 2007, 07:49 AM
sickness :D

yoyorast
June 3rd, 2007, 08:41 AM
You've heared my comments all along yoyo, so just another thumbs-up for assing more sniping spots. The last ramp still looks physicallyimpossible though. Add a support, or at least some green energy beams, connecting it to the top of the glass casing on the vehicle path. (like how it was in v1) More green energy beams would look cool. Keep at it!
This is very true man, not very realistic... I let it as it is to save some polys... all the other changes serve the gameplay... But if the farmerate is still correct, I'll add something to hold that ramp. Thks.
And thanks for all your comments guys.. giving me strengh to fininsh!

Patrickssj6
June 3rd, 2007, 09:43 AM
ZOMFGOMFG?

LinkandKvel
June 3rd, 2007, 10:23 AM
Was just on the halomaps.org forums and somebody (nugga117) made a sugestion that I quite like!

what if there were alternate skys? or perhaps a non-midday sky? I really liked the one on no_remorse..
IAWTP

Limited
June 3rd, 2007, 10:42 AM
IAWTPWhat does IAWTP mean?

I analed willy the pole? I am with the pwner?

This puts me in the mood to play some yoyorast island, who wants to play?

CtrlAltDestroy
June 3rd, 2007, 10:44 AM
Woah, looks ace.

BTW, I can help you with your scripts. :d

LinkandKvel
June 3rd, 2007, 12:34 PM
What does IAWTP mean?

"I Agree With This Post"

Cortexian
June 3rd, 2007, 12:49 PM
And the new website I'm making is going to be much more user friendly then the current Joomla/phpbb 3 layout...

AAA
June 3rd, 2007, 12:51 PM
Was just on the halomaps.org forums and somebody (nugga117) made a sugestion that I quite like!

what if there were alternate skys? or perhaps a non-midday sky? I really liked the one on no_remorse..

Ruins the whole mood of gameplay and would seem like the day is coming to an end................Which I loath oh so much. Blissful daytime with explosions and gunfire is my thing..........night time is okay now and then.................sunset is just........I can't describe it. All I know is that it ruins the mood. Therefore ruining gameplay experience just a a little less than wanted.

I'm in the mood to play yoyorast v1 right now too!:p

Pred1ator
June 3rd, 2007, 12:56 PM
oh mi god...now my life is complete 8D

Love De Lux
June 3rd, 2007, 01:56 PM
Chapeau, l’artiste ! ;)

Si mes souvenirs sont bon, tu avais dit que cette version avais moins de polys que la première, c'est toujours le cas ?

Allez, bonne chance pour la suite :)

PS : In english : blablabla :awesome:

Stealth
June 3rd, 2007, 11:12 PM
oh, are you going to put more Plasma rifles, and Plasma pistols in it? I can't wait to play it in both Halo CE, and Halo 2 Vista.

Digikid
June 4th, 2007, 07:17 PM
oh...THIS update. LOL!!!!

I am loving it. :D

yoyorast
June 8th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Vote at the poll at bungie's forum: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=11231351 (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=11231351)

yoyorast
June 8th, 2007, 02:20 PM
I love how every little kid uses the word aesthetics now because they heard someone smart say it...

Personally I think yoyorast could be better than a lot of Bungie maps, if some of the annoyances were fixed, like flag passing and base camping with the turret. If the turret had a limited turning angle it wouldn't be such a problem :|

I fixed these problems long time ago when starting working on Version2 ;)

Rosco
June 8th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Hey yoyorast, havent caught you on aim for ages, I know how many spammers there are on there :)

great work yoyo, can't wait to relive that wait for the release like in 2005 :D

Elite Killa
June 8th, 2007, 02:48 PM
I don't want to see it in Halo 3. Too big.

Nice job btw.

yoyorast
June 8th, 2007, 02:53 PM

Nice job btw.
Sorry but not bigger than Death Island or Infinty..

yoyorast
June 8th, 2007, 03:07 PM
It is bigger than death island because of the off island parts D:

Not sure bout that.. it might be a matter of view..

Stealth
June 8th, 2007, 03:22 PM
from some of the pics of one of Bungie's maps for Halo 3 (the leaked pics of the game pro mag.) Yoyorast wouldn't be the only big map in Halo 3, that new one that's made for Vehicle combat is a bigger one.

TeeKup
June 8th, 2007, 03:36 PM
D:

It's beautiful.

Rosco
June 8th, 2007, 04:23 PM

Nice job btw.

Yoyo isnt really that big when you know the map well enough.

Stealth
June 8th, 2007, 05:25 PM
ya, but they're abit of a problem, there needs to be something to make them find some other way to kill you, plus if you can kill the turret that'll be helpful.

LinkandKvel
June 8th, 2007, 06:09 PM
destructible vehicles in CE phail.
aint that the truth.

Stealth
June 8th, 2007, 06:10 PM
who said any thing about having them in CE, if yoyo makes his map for H2V, that'll come in handy.

CtrlAltDestroy
June 8th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Although the map looks great and probably plays just as well, I don't think it... fits into a Halo game as an official map.

It's more of a novelty if anything.

yoyorast
June 8th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Frankly, I don't know what to think anymore... Maybe yes, the general design is enough in halo fashion... but when I see this H2 map pic, I wonder if it's closer to halo style or to Counter Strike...

http://img2.kult-mag.com/photos/00/00/83/77/ME0000837778_2.jpg

Sever
June 8th, 2007, 08:11 PM
^ @ Turret Camping:
The base turret has been removed. Check the pictures.

@ Yoyo:
I think you should keep some structures around that area to provide cover from the Sniper Tower. Try the original design, but put in a weapon spawn instead of a turret, and give it some cover (one of those pannels that you've added everywhere). I reccomend a Pistol to counter the Sniper Tower, even though you already have two Pistols in the area (one above on the final ramp, and the other below on the starting ramp). I also reccomend removng the Pistol from the final ramp but keeping the two fragmentation grenades due to the fact that the area no longer gives flag access to infantry, but vehicles will still pass through. 'Nuff said? Ask me for more if you want.

Patrickssj6
June 8th, 2007, 08:45 PM
[shot] tags anyone?

:)

Sever
June 8th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Check Yoyorast.com and click on the Version 2 bar (left side of screen), then click on the read more... under the V2 Population picture.

EDIT: \/ @ Yoyo: I trust your judgment more than anyone when it comes to your own map. I'm just throwing out ideas for you to leave and take as you wish. Keep up the good work!

yoyorast
June 8th, 2007, 08:56 PM
That's only a model, not ingame :downs:

True these are Pics of the model... This... is ingame.. hehe;)
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/8615/haloce2007060903505059lz3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
and Thanks sever.. I've already planned the entire population...
wait a bit to see what I got..

Stealth
June 9th, 2007, 12:08 AM
0.o that looks cool, but you may want a new sky maybe? a sun set theme maybe? and as for some cover around the spawn points, maybe some glass walls, short so a play has to duck behind them for cover, and that'll help keep some players from walking off the plat form.