PDA

View Full Version : [HL2] Free Half-Life 2 Deathmatch and Lost Coast for ATI Radeon Owners!

Amit
June 4th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Here's all the info!

http://www.steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/

Free Half-Life 2: Deathmatch is a STEAL! I bought Episode One last Monday which included Lost Coast and Deathmatch free. Half-Life: Deathmatch: Source was also included but nobody plays it.

Warsaw
June 4th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Actually, I was playing HL: DM:S the other day, and I had a server running with people...chaos. :)

Atty
June 4th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Wasn't Lost Coast free regardless? It was a free expansion added onto HL:2 to showcase HDR, wasn't it? :|

Warsaw
June 4th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Yessir, you are correct.

Agamemnon
June 4th, 2007, 07:39 PM
HL2: DM sucks a lot of ass. It's too reminiscent of CS.

Warsaw
June 4th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Which in turn was also a load of crap.

Melterx12
June 4th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Lost coast is not an expansion, its tiny tech demo designed to show off the new (at the time) HDR lighting system.

Also HL2DM is boring, if you want a good source game get Counter Strike Source, Garry's Mod, or Half Life 2.

Digikid
June 5th, 2007, 08:58 AM
HL2 makes me feel sick... :(

Roostervier
June 5th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Having HL2DM also allows for a lot more mods, so whether you really want to play it or not doesn't matter to me (though I already have it D: ).

Agamemnon
June 5th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Which in turn was also a load of crap.
That is correct.

Amit
June 6th, 2007, 08:57 PM
HL2DM is good for some quick fun, CS:S is for hardcore people with a lot of time.

Agamemnon
June 6th, 2007, 09:32 PM
CS:S is for hardcore people with a lot of time.
So is LOTRO. :suicide:

Amit
June 7th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Ouch, that's something i don't really have time for.

Mr Buckshot
June 7th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Does HL1DM Source feature a true upgrade to the Source engine, or is it like that crappy half-complete HL1 Source that came with my GOTY edition of HL2? I remember that HL1 Source featured the Source physics and animations but retained the original textures and models >.<

Pooky
June 7th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Does HL1DM Source feature a true upgrade to the Source engine, or is it like that crappy half-complete HL1 Source that came with my GOTY edition of HL2? I remember that HL1 Source featured the Source physics and animations but retained the original textures and models >.<

It's the multiplayer of that crappy Half Life Source, but it's still a hell of a lot more fun than HL2DM, I play it every once in a while for laughs

Agamemnon
June 7th, 2007, 08:18 PM
I would play HL1DM, but the download bar hasn't budged from 94% since December.

Warsaw
June 7th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Is it paused?

Maybe you guys haven't heard, but there is a team that is remaking the entire Half-Life 1 campaign entirely on Source. It's called Black Mesa (surprise). Not finished, but it is nearing completion.

Agamemnon
June 7th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Black Mesa Source really is a hopeless case. Total conversion mods with a big team like that usually put out more than half of it done after nearly three years. If they keep going at this rate, we probably wont see it done until late next year.

Pooky
June 7th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Black Mesa Source really is a hopeless case. Total conversion mods with a big team like that usually put out more than half of it done after nearly three years. If they keep going at this rate, we probably wont see it done until late next year.

The problem is bad team organization. All game companies are is extremely well organized modders. The bigger your team gets the harder it is to co-ordinate, and efficiency plummets :\

shotouTT
June 9th, 2007, 01:42 PM
I have played these two games, and they kick ass. Maybe someone would like to play a friendly Gmod10 match of the best creation? =D

4RT1LL3RY
June 10th, 2007, 07:49 PM
How well would a crappy, Radeon 9250 play these you think?

Evil internet, when I was clicking the accept offer thing, my internet cut out and now I can't get it -_-
I hate wide Open West

mR_r0b0to
June 11th, 2007, 03:12 AM
I've had Lost Coast installed for a while now, just decided to play it for the first time.

:/ 14 fps

gosh i need a new gfx card

Warsaw
June 11th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Yes, you do. Even a GeForce 6600GT AGP 8x can play it on max settings with a good 30-40 fps.

p0lar_bear
June 12th, 2007, 03:20 AM
I have a Radeon 9200, but I own both games (HL2 Silver pack I got as a graduation present in '05).

I feel, though, that HL2DM requires too much precision to play. Kinda like UT.

Warsaw
June 12th, 2007, 11:55 AM
UT requires precision? Every single gun in the game is automatic...even the sniper/lightnig rifle fires when the trigger is held down.

p0lar_bear
June 12th, 2007, 12:01 PM
UT requires precision? Every single gun in the game is automatic...even the sniper/lightnig rifle fires when the trigger is held down.

More than just weapon precision; movement precision as well. Namely using the dash button "correctly" to run across the map without completely sucking up your Aux. Power.

In UT, i trip over my fingers while attempting to dodge like some others do.

OmegaDragon
June 14th, 2007, 02:03 AM
http://static.lowyat.net/style_images/1/t_bump.gif

Just to get the question out of my mind and start downloading, do you need the original Half Life 2 to play? >.>

Amit
June 14th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Nope, that would be a pretty dumb thing to do. Half-life one and Half-life 2 are completely different games. Half-Life 2 uses the Source engine which is the best one from valve yet.

Agamemnon
June 14th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Nope, that would be a pretty dumb thing to do. Half-life one and Half-life 2 are completely different games. Half-Life 2 uses the Source engine which is the best one from valve yet.
Uh, there is HL:S.

Scott-PL
June 14th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Thank you
i would have never found this

Chief117
June 14th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Wow, didn't know this. I bought the source multiplayer pack and HL2:DM is pretty crappy in my opinion, it feels like a wierd halo knock-off(no offense to those who play it), I only play it for co-op servers which is pretty fun.

Amit
June 14th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Uh, there is HL:S.

Well HL:S is shit, nobody plays it. Plus that isn't apart of the HL2 series.

Pooky
June 14th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Well HL:S is shit, nobody plays it. Plus that isn't apart of the HL2 series.

You mean the half-life series, not the 'HL2' series. Half Life source isn't as shit as everyone makes it out to be, the subtle changes do ease a lot of the annoyances about the original game, like the wacko crate pulling.

p0lar_bear
June 15th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Half-Life: Source uses all of Half-Life's original content and story (models, textures, etc), but takes advantage of SOME of the Source engine's more advanced graphical capabilities and physics. However, the changes don't make up for the awful old models and textures.

The Black Mesa team came together to recreate the game with updated environments that FULLY take advantage of what the Source engine has to offer.

Pooky
June 15th, 2007, 09:02 AM
I didn't say HL:S was great, just that it's not oh so horrible. If you've never played Half Life before and don't own blue shift, HL:S is probably the better choice.

p0lar_bear
June 15th, 2007, 12:49 PM
I didn't say HL:S was great, just that it's not oh so horrible. If you've never played Half Life before and don't own blue shift, HL:S is probably the better choice.

Yes, it is good if you haven't played it before, but people like myself who have played and beaten it already have found that the changes aren't quite enough to warrant a replay.

Amit
June 16th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Precisely.

Scott-PL
June 16th, 2007, 10:43 AM
this isnt working for me anymore

i was playing it yesterday.

now it says i havnt purchased it yet.:eek:

Amit
June 16th, 2007, 11:51 AM
that happens, restart steam.

klange
June 17th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Sucks that they now require you to own Half-Life 2 to play mods.
But, hey, what's another $20 after that $0 you put down on Deathmatch?

Sel
June 18th, 2007, 06:28 AM
blasphemy!

Or a useless laptop, damn things dont work.