PDA

View Full Version : What day is it NOW? (in my timezone, anyway)

rossmum
June 5th, 2007, 09:00 AM
63rd anniversary of D-Day. Time to celebrate the many heroes on both sides (argue with that and you're beyond ignorant) with a deep and meaningful picture, no?

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w285/Linkage01/Ghoastsfgt2.png
(pic by my friend Linkage, my idea)

So, can we avoid creating a big drama in this thread as a sign of respect for the soldiers?

Limited
June 5th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Now these are the REAL heroes :)

To me, D-Day was a great and one of the worst days in the worlds history. My small town had the first troops to hit France on the day, therefore its deep in my heritage.

This might explain why I have seen alot of Germany coaches around...

RIP to all those soldiers who were in the battle. Both alies and enemies. Words cant explain what they all went through...

Edit:
Wow, 517,816 troops and 144,093 vehicles left my town's habours between d-day and the end of the war

Emmzee
June 5th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Happy 63rd, D-Day!

Patrickssj6
June 5th, 2007, 03:28 PM
The tree is not centered.

</rant>

phase
June 5th, 2007, 03:57 PM
So we are celebrating the anniversary of the military term D-day?

Emmzee
June 5th, 2007, 04:02 PM
So we are celebrating the anniversary of the military term D-day?
No, the actual event.

n00b1n8R
June 5th, 2007, 04:05 PM
It's centerd between the 2 soldiers.
Though I think some living people paying their respects while they looked would have been a little deaper..

These guys are real heros.

phase
June 5th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Just becuse the battle of normandy is one of the best known D-days in history doesn't mean its the only one.

Limited
June 5th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Just becuse the battle of normandy is one of the best known D-days in history doesn't mean its the only one.
Fine. We mean Operation Overlord.

Happy now?

Warsaw
June 5th, 2007, 07:46 PM
I don't think there is any other battle aside from Operation Overlord called D-Day at all...

To fallen soldiers: I salute you.

rossmum
June 5th, 2007, 07:58 PM

Did anyone say it was except Ace? I don't believe so.

I don't think there is any other battle aside from Operation Overlord called D-Day at all...

To fallen soldiers: I salute you.
Several large-scale amphibious invasions both before and after Overlord were reffered to as 'D-Day'. Obviously, Overlord was the largest amphibious and airborne invasion in human history, so people simply call it D-Day.

Agamemnon
June 5th, 2007, 08:45 PM
I would think that we would mourn on D-Day and celebrate on V-E and V-P Day.

Warsaw
June 5th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Did anyone say it was except Ace? I don't believe so.

Several large-scale amphibious invasions both before and after Overlord were reffered to as 'D-Day'. Obviously, Overlord was the largest amphibious and airborne invasion in human history, so people simply call it D-Day.

I did not know that tidbit of info. :o

Emmzee
June 5th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Or V-J day.

Victory in the Pacific or Victory over Japan, whichever. but it's officially called Victory over Japan day. Look it up on Wikipedia.

rossmum
June 5th, 2007, 09:35 PM
True; though D-Day did signal a pretty important step towards the VE day.

Emmzee
June 5th, 2007, 10:33 PM
True; though D-Day did signal a pretty important step towards the VE day.
No it didn't you fool. V-E Day was the day after we dropped the atomic bomb on Germany. :downs:

Reaper Man
June 5th, 2007, 10:54 PM
No it didn't you fool. V-E Day was the day after we dropped the atomic bomb on Germany. :downs:
http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-downsowned.gif

Corgy
June 5th, 2007, 11:44 PM
My goodness. Am I the only one that doesn't care about D-Day?

n00b1n8R
June 6th, 2007, 12:29 AM
When did we nuke germany :confused:

ExAm
June 6th, 2007, 01:21 AM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w285/Linkage01/Ghoastsfgt2.png"Uh oh, zat damned Amerikan is getting touchy-feely again!"

Might want to have them both with an arm around the other. The German guy looks like he's a bit creeped out, with that posture.

SnaFuBAR
June 6th, 2007, 02:09 AM
When did we nuke germany :confused:

legionaire45
June 6th, 2007, 02:54 AM
NO, THE ALLIES NUKED GERMANY FIRST THEN INVADED POLAND AND GERMANY IN OUR PIMPED OUT V-DUBS! GERMAN ENGINEERING KICKED OU' OWN ASS IN OU' OWN HOUSE!

and then Russia sucked polish cocks.

SnaFuBAR
June 6th, 2007, 02:58 AM
NO, THE ALLIES NUKED GERMANY FIRST THEN INVADED POLAND AND GERMANY IN OUR PIMPED OUT V-DUBS! GERMAN ENGINEERING KICKED OU' OWN ASS IN OU' OWN HOUSE!

and then Russia sucked ate polish cocks.
lmao. also, canibalism.

StankBacon
June 6th, 2007, 03:39 AM
what is this thread about?

n00b1n8R
June 6th, 2007, 04:14 AM
D day :maddowns:

rossmum
June 6th, 2007, 05:31 AM
what was this thread about?
ftfy :smith:

Derail less, guys?

n00b1n8R
June 6th, 2007, 06:36 AM
what's the deal with smeth?
/derail.

rossmum
June 6th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Ugh. I try and make a serious thread in memory of those who fought and died in the war, and even it gets derailed.

Way to be respectful, guys. I'm just about ready to give up on this forum.