PDA

View Full Version : 3ds max broke, help

Bad Waffle
June 5th, 2007, 11:18 PM
when i boot up i get an error that reads:

The following configuration path(s) do not exist.

UserScripts: c:\program files\autodesk\3dsmax8\userscripts

Use Configure User / System Paths to set valid paths.

How do i use configure user? blah.

legionaire45
June 6th, 2007, 12:57 AM
What version of Max are you using?

For Max 8, go to customize --> configure user paths... --> file I/O and make sure that "Userscripts" is set to the right directory (for me it is Program Files/autodesk/3dsmax8/userscripts). Then go to customize --> configure system paths... and make sure scripts is set to it's directory. If either of those options aren't there then try making the folders and linking the settings in Max to them and if that doesn't work reinstall and let it do it for you.

Bad Waffle
June 6th, 2007, 01:24 AM
err, i thought i said max doesnt fully boot up, so i cant get to that screen. and yea, if i could, i would know how to fix that. thanks anyways.

legionaire45
June 6th, 2007, 02:12 AM
when i boot up i get an error that reads:

The following configuration path(s) do not exist.

UserScripts: c:\program files\autodesk\3dsmax8\userscripts

Use Configure User / System Paths to set valid paths.

How do i use configure user? blah.
Didn't say it doesn't boot up, just that it gave you the error :eng101:.

The comps at my school give me this error all the time but boot into the app fine anyways. I dont know what to tell you.

teh lag
June 6th, 2007, 06:34 AM
Does the folder it's whining about exist? If not, create it and see what happens. If it does... no idea. Maybe see if anything else is using it (for some reason)?

Zeph
June 6th, 2007, 06:59 AM
Only reason I see that happening would be if you added a new plugin that relied on a script and didn't put the script in the right place. Do what teh lag says and make the directory. If you still get the error, it should change to say what script specifically can not be found.