PDA

View Full Version : Game breaking Oblivion bug D:

Pooky
June 6th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Every time I go to complete the Leyawin Mages guild recommendation, after I get the amulet for Dagail and talk to her, no new dialog options come up... she just says "Nothing has changed child" and I get the standard stuff. I even started a completely new game just for this and I still get it :(

Agamemnon
June 6th, 2007, 09:31 PM
What mods do you have installed?

Also, just go for the easy way out. Force the quest stage.

Pooky
June 6th, 2007, 09:32 PM
First time all I had was the portable bedroll mod installed... second time I had none. How do I do that?

Agamemnon
June 6th, 2007, 09:37 PM
player.setstage <QuestID> <Stage>

To check for the quest ID and the stage, open up the TES Construction Set and open up the quest panel (after loading up Oblivion.esm, of course) and search for the first stages of the Mages Guild quests. Unfortunetely, if I recall correctly, the only stage for the beginning of the Mages Guild (where you have to get recommendations) is when you have to get all of them and when you have all of them.

Pooky
June 6th, 2007, 09:39 PM
player.setstage <QuestID> <Stage>

To check for the quest ID and the stage, open up the TES Construction Set and open up the quest panel (after loading up Oblivion.esm, of course) and search for the first stages of the Mages Guild quests. Unfortunetely, if I recall correctly, the only stage for the beginning of the Mages Guild (where you have to get recommendations) is when you have to get all of them and when you have all of them.

I'll just set it to when I have all of them... because I did all of them before and only this one didn't work

Also thanks. Problem solved I think.