Sucks to be this guy.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/11/05/dujail.saddam/index.html

:eyesroll:

PenGuin1362
November 5th, 2006, 10:54 AM
: D

legionaire45
November 5th, 2006, 11:55 AM
wewt. Sucks to be hanged probably, but this bastard deserves it.

Teroh
November 5th, 2006, 02:58 PM
I think death is not a good sentence. I don't believe in "an eye for an eye, a foot for a foot."

TeeKup
November 5th, 2006, 04:14 PM
<3

rossmum
November 6th, 2006, 03:27 AM
Win.

Emmzee
November 7th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Oshi-
Hanged? I hope they brodcast that on international live TV, otherwise nobody will learn a lesson.

Patrickssj6
November 7th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Oshi-
Hanged? I hope they brodcast that on international live TV, otherwise nobody will learn a lesson.
I don't think hanging someone is a lesson

Agamemnon
November 7th, 2006, 04:09 PM
I don't think hanging someone is a lesson
I dunno, after it's all done, I'm sure he'll learned something afterwards.

rossmum
November 7th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Any other execution is too quick and painless for that scum, and keeping him in prison would waste money that could instead be used to try reverse the damage he caused. I see no problem with hanging the bastard.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
November 7th, 2006, 10:35 PM
I don't think hanging someone is a lessonThere is - Don't do what he did.

rossmum
November 7th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Yep, no arguing with THAT logic...

Teroh
November 9th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Well I guess he deserves it...

Boo Diddly
November 9th, 2006, 12:47 PM
hopefully his neck does not break, that way he strangles to death...

tj117
November 10th, 2006, 09:11 AM
He deserves that so much.

Patrickssj6
November 10th, 2006, 01:56 PM
He doesn't deserve it.It's not his fault that he is how he is.

If you hang him you will be just like him.It doesn't matter if you kill 1 person or 1000.You did it and thats the thing.

(I can't fucking explain it in english):(

Chewy Gumball
November 10th, 2006, 02:34 PM
If they are going to kill him, they should make it painless and instant.

Patrickssj6
November 10th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Agree.This is not a matter of revenge.It's a crime and therefor he should be killed.

tj117
November 10th, 2006, 03:33 PM
He doesn't deserve it.It's not his fault that he is how he is.
...FREEWILL...he did what he wanted to do and probably laughed doing it...

Patrickssj6
November 10th, 2006, 05:43 PM
...FREEWILL...he did what he wanted to do and probably laughed doing it...
Did he get a chance of seeing something else in the world?Did he had a childhood like you had?

Limited
November 10th, 2006, 06:10 PM
im thinking the opposite

and remember, this is iraq, they still stone ppl and hang people there.

i hate this outcome, why put him to death now? just gonna make him win, why? because he wont suffer and secondly, hes going to hell, hes going to say hi to satan...satan will love him..

quarted and drawn FTW!!!

Chewy Gumball
November 10th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Hes dead either way. No point in dragging it on other than as entertainment.

tj117
November 10th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Said by Patrickssj6 (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/member.php?u=167):
Did he get a chance of seeing something else in the world?Did he had a childhood like you had?

He was insane and rich. Childhood is one thing but he did have a great life in his eyes. Why are you trying to defend him. He sent his sons to rape and kill innocent people. He may not have had a great child hood, i don't know, but he certainly ruined more than that. He didn't only ruin only childhoods but he also ruined lives. He also took lives. Do you honestly think he should be let live?

rossmum
November 10th, 2006, 06:49 PM
im thinking the opposite

and remember, this is iraq, they still stone ppl and hang people there.

i hate this outcome, why put him to death now? just gonna make him win, why? because he wont suffer and secondly, hes going to hell, hes going to say hi to satan...satan will love him..

quarted and drawn FTW!!!
^^^^^^
Now THAT'S how you make an example of someone.

Patrickssj6
November 10th, 2006, 06:50 PM
He was insane and rich. Childhood is one thing but he did have a great life in his eyes. Why are you trying to defend him. He sent his sons to rape and kill innocent people. He may not have had a great child hood, i don't know, but he certainly ruined more than that. He didn't only ruin only childhoods but he also ruined lives. He also took lives. Do you honestly think he should be let live?
Like I said before he should die but it shouldn't be out of revenge.

tj117
November 10th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Its not out of revenge... I though you were saying he doesnt deserve to die at all cause what he did wasnt bad.. My bad:p

rossmum
November 10th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Justice and revenge are rather similar, though revenge connotes something more extreme.

TheGhost
November 10th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Justice is completely different than revenge!

TeeKup
November 10th, 2006, 10:33 PM
From Revenge comes hate, from hate comes pain, from pain comes suffering, from suffering comes death, from death comes hate. Starting the process over again. We're only human. Its basic human nature to desire things. Vengeance is a form of human desire. To over come this evil we as the human race must come to let go of our human desires. Failure to do so will result in even more tragic events in our already blood stained future.

Although IMHO what Saddam did was absolutely unforgiveable. Bringing innocent lives into battles is not how you fight wars.

rossmum
November 10th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Justice is completely different than revenge!
That's the thing, they have the same basic concept - justice is, in a way, revenge - but revenge in the sense of a punishment handed down by a court system, rather than punishment handed out by the victim or their loved ones.

PenGuin1362
November 10th, 2006, 11:25 PM
guy's...come on...we're human. everyone says revenage is a bad thing but we all do it one way or another. there's no sense complaining about how he dies, he's gunna die. painfull or not. life's fucked up guys, move on. none the less i'm glad to see him finished, he doesn't deserve to get off free.

rossmum
November 10th, 2006, 11:43 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. You guys need to read up on the Malmedy Massacre, then you'll see what happens when people let themselves get wrapped up in politics and the feeling that the accused shouldn't die.

Mr Buckshot
November 11th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Good. Now someone bring back the death penalty to Canada :(

Patrickssj6
November 11th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Revenge has ruled the world once,without it more greater civilisation could have survived and would have made this world better.

And yes justice and revenge are VERY different.

rossmum
November 11th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Same basic principle, avenging the wronged person - just do it two different ways.

Patrickssj6
November 11th, 2006, 08:26 AM
It's not revenge.Revenge you do out of anger.Justice is a result.You do that you get that,not out of revenge.

rossmum
November 11th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Guh, the explanation worked in my head =/

Patrickssj6
November 11th, 2006, 09:46 AM
+post

I love debates.
:p:)

rossmum
November 11th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Hehehe. Yeah.

p0lar_bear
November 12th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Good riddance.

Mr Buckshot
November 12th, 2006, 04:44 PM
why I support the death penalty:

it's not because of "avenging the dead" or anything. It's because these sick bastards who don't deserve to live are guzzling on tax money and precious resources. I mean, look at all those homeless people out there - they deserve a chance to live better, and yet we spend money on providing food and shelter to serial killers rather than to poor people. Life in prison is actually very good compared to life on the streets. Prisoners have to perform labor like cleaning uniforms, but they have free food that's more than what poor people eat in a week, a bed to sleep in, and a roof over their heads.

Basically, by leaving these killers alive instead of executing them, we're wasting resources and taxes. Every execution indirectly grants a good person a slightly better life.

Chewy Gumball
November 12th, 2006, 04:57 PM
And its our right to decide who lives and who dies? If you send that killer through rehabilitation he may just become the next einstien, develope faster than light travel, and/or vanquish poverty from the world forever.

Mr Buckshot
November 12th, 2006, 05:21 PM
...not to mention that rehabilitation costs a lot of money too and the potential "benefits" do not outweigh the cost.

TeeKup
November 12th, 2006, 05:53 PM
No one payed attention to my post did they?

Patrickssj6
November 12th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Ravenge and Hate is very common among humans.The true skill (if you set any priorities on making the world a better place) is to turn hatred and feelings of revenge off and start to forgive.

Chewy Gumball
November 12th, 2006, 06:05 PM
...not to mention that rehabilitation costs a lot of money too and the potential "benefits" do not outweigh the cost.

Personaly, I don't think killing someone because they did something wrong is the best thing to do except in some special cases. America has poverty issues, but not because they keep their prisoners in jail. There are other places the government needs to look at if they want to solve poverty.

rossmum
November 13th, 2006, 12:34 AM
And its our right to decide who lives and who dies? If you send that killer through rehabilitation he may just become the next einstien, develope faster than light travel, and/or vanquish poverty from the world forever.
True, that's possible; however it's also highly unlikely. If they were that smart in the first place, they probably wouldn't have been caught ;)

The only issue I have with the death sentence is the possibility of someone being wrongfully executed, for something they didn't do - however, these days, the kind of investigative methods that we can use pretty much eliminates all chances of that, such as DNA testing.

Chewy Gumball
November 13th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Just cause your smart doesn't mean you would make a good criminal.

rossmum
November 14th, 2006, 04:29 AM
True, but the smart and crazy ones are all the more dangerous than the stupid and crazy ones. Knowledge is power, and a very dangerous thing in the wrong hands.

Chewy Gumball
November 14th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Knowledge alone gives you nothing.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
November 14th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Knowledge alone gives you nothing.What the fuck are you smoking?

rossmum
November 15th, 2006, 06:11 AM
^

Knowledge alone can give you a LOT.