PDA

View Full Version : Urgh. Weather.

rossmum
June 9th, 2007, 08:45 PM
We've just had the worst storm in decades all across the state... it was worst along the coast, between where I live and also Newcastle (about 80km to the north). A container ship ran aground at Knobby's Head at Newcastle, another just about crashed into the wreck, and all along the coast there were pretty serious floods and landslides. Up at Somersby (about 10-20 minutes' drive from here), a huge chunk of the old Pacific Highway got wiped out and and a car went off a cliff as a result... entire family of 5 died, and a few others were also killed around here. 50,000 homes and businesses around here lost power (ours was out for the last 2 days - couldn't post :smith:), luckily ours came back online late last night but we had to clear out the fridge and freezer since they'd been off for so long. Ironically we have a generator, but it was out at the farm this weekend. Anyway, they think that it might take up until the end of next week to get power back for everyone, and the cleaning up might take a while. 3 trees in our backyard fell over, a tree went through the roof of a house down the street, most of the roads were (and in many cases, still are) either blocked or flooded, and our downstairs carpet is fucking soaked. Most of the flatter areas here are completely underwater, and the fact that 90% of the Central Coast was built on swamps doesn't help.

Of course, only a trickle fell in our local dam, which is at about 10% capacity. Fucking idiot who designed it placed it in a massive rain shadow, and they drained most of it in the 70s... it's never recovered. Looks like more water restrictions for us... yay...

Roostervier
June 9th, 2007, 08:52 PM
D: At least you have power back.

phase
June 9th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Iv have yet to see the crapy weather everyone els is having here guess am lucky.

Patrickssj6
June 9th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Iv have yet to see the crapy weather everyone els is having here guess am lucky.
Same here.

haaaaaa how I love the sun :D

I guess you appreciate now what the sun means even though you never go out, ross :)

Emmzee
June 9th, 2007, 09:05 PM
It's raining here...I guess the storm warped over here from Aussie land.

rossmum
June 9th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Same here.

haaaaaa how I love the sun :D

I guess you appreciate now what the sun means even though you never go out, ross :)
It blew so hard, there was nothing to do inside (literally) and I couldn't even brave the outdoors :smith:

Ah well, I did get to catch up on about a week's worth of sleep.

Emmzee
June 9th, 2007, 09:10 PM
It blew so hard, there was nothing to do inside (literally) and I couldn't even brave the outdoors :smith:

Ah well, I did get to catch up on about a week's worth of sleep.
Don't think I haven't caught on to your plot. I know what you're planning. You want to curse the great US of A with terrible weather. Well, my constitution is that of a pirate, and it will take more than a mere storm to break it!

IPBJT!
June 9th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Meh, here the "big storm" was pretty small. First, lots of thunder/lightning and wind then the rain came by. When it started to rain things got really, how should i say, kinda disapointing. By that i mean the storm became a normal storm: rain, a bit of thunder from time to time and some wind. Before that, thunder struck almost every second, and i'm not joking.

Timo
June 9th, 2007, 10:20 PM
That's probably the massive front that rolled up the South Island and headed off for Aussie D:

Btd69
June 9th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Have it back!

rossmum
June 9th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Actually, I think this one came from Queensland.

Fucking Queenslanders. <:mad:>

n00b1n8R
June 9th, 2007, 11:56 PM
FUCK YOU MISTER :maddowns:

My G'ma lives in newcastle..

but it's been raining alot this last month, I think the damns around 60&#37; :haw:

Con
June 10th, 2007, 12:10 AM
We've just had the worst storm in decades all across the state...a breeze came through my window

fixed for ya

n00b1n8R
June 10th, 2007, 12:18 AM
ahahahahahahahakekekekekekekekekoria xD

Patrickssj6
June 10th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Need some Ice for that BUUUUURNAGE?

Reaper Man
June 10th, 2007, 08:30 AM
A lot of rain and thunderstorms here, it's awesome. Also, ross, you got fucking served http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-downsowned.gif

Elite Killa
June 10th, 2007, 09:28 PM
I was at the beach. The waves were really rough and really big. So when my mom went into the water, forgetting that her sunglasses were still on, a huge wave crashed into her, knocking her glasses into the water, never to be seen again...:( I was the one who bought them for her birthday, too...

Also at the beach, the waves took hostage of my sister's goggles. I also bought those for her (I buy a lot for my family members) We never saw those again either...

What did I ever do to Mother Nature to deserve this? It's like throwing money to monkeys...

Bodzilla
June 11th, 2007, 07:03 AM
you know the real reason this storn did so much damage is cause it was classified as a storm. if this same storm was a few 100 km's north it would of been classified as a cyclone and alot more preparation would of been set up for it.
someone should tell cyclones about this. <_<

SnaFuBAR
June 11th, 2007, 01:21 PM
I think the damns dam is around 60% :haw:

:eyesroll: l2spell

also, we had perfect weather in Camarillo, ross.

Warsaw
June 11th, 2007, 08:17 PM
I was at the beach. The waves were really rough and really big. So when my mom went into the water, forgetting that her sunglasses were still on, a huge wave crashed into her, knocking her glasses into the water, never to be seen again...:( I was the one who bought them for her birthday, too...

Also at the beach, the waves took hostage of my sister's goggles. I also bought those for her (I buy a lot for my family members) We never saw those again either...

What did I ever do to Mother Nature to deserve this? It's like throwing money to monkeys...

Why are you giving money to Bush?

Emmzee
June 11th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Why are you giving money to Bush?
no politics itt plz kthx

Warsaw
June 11th, 2007, 08:29 PM
It was because of a comic I saw in the paper that had him as a monkey and it reminded me of it...my bad.

phase
June 11th, 2007, 08:33 PM
O noez the crapy weather has found its way to mexico.

Warsaw
June 11th, 2007, 08:34 PM
I actually like thunderstorms. It's too sunny around here. :(

[Off Topic]Lolz, post number 343. Viral campaign maybe? :p [/Off Topic]

Emmzee
June 11th, 2007, 08:48 PM
I actually like thunderstorms. It's too sunny around here. :(

[Off Topic]Lolz, post number 343. Viral campaign maybe? :p [/Off Topic]
OH MY GOD YOU GUYS IT'S ANOTHER HALO 3 VIRAL CAMPAIGN BAN BAN