PDA

View Full Version : :D I hax me xbox controller

itszutak
June 9th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Well...I have an old xbox controller (pre-"s-type") working with my PC now.

http://www.fury-tech.com/en/Guides/Xbox-Controller-PC-Conversion-Mod

Discuss. I'll be over in halo trying out this controller. :D

Emmzee
June 9th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Awesome. Keyboard and mouse are still better.

Mr Buckshot
June 9th, 2007, 09:31 PM
For only $8 I bought a USB adapter that allows me to connect the Xbox 1 gamepad to the PC. I sold it as part of a bundle with my Xbox and all its games, and now I use the X360 USB controller.

So you actually modded a USB connector onto the xbox controller's cable? NICE...and it's free

When I connected the old xbox 1 gamepad to my USB port, I loved using it on my N64 emulator. Oh man, that was some old school fun.

itszutak
June 9th, 2007, 10:20 PM
It is nice. I haven't gotten the rumble to work with HCE or HPC. Is it possible? <_<

-£§- §age
June 9th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Doubt it. I don't think even the 360 controller has the rumple capability for PC, but my wireless adapter didn't work for my 360 wireless controllers, so.....

Mr Buckshot
June 9th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Rumble? I think it depends on whether the game supports it or not (and for that to happen, the game must officially support gamepads).

Roostervier
June 9th, 2007, 10:53 PM
I have that type too. It works fine in CE since I can map the buttons, but it's all screwy in H2v. D:

klange
June 9th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Sucks that Halo doesn't support pressure sensitive movement, though...
That would have made controllers sooo much better...

n00b1n8R
June 10th, 2007, 02:18 AM
and made them overpowerd too.

IIRC, Patrick has some program that alows you to alter game speed. there's speeds much faster than default which i assume means the MC doesn't walk at xbox full speed.

besides, increased speeds warp.

Patrickssj6
June 10th, 2007, 07:52 AM
I made the same thing.

Welding my Xbox controller to an USB adapter.

Rumble doesn't work because USB doesn't support any more cable lines (?!).

But yeah here(no trick editing or something in that category what so ever):
WLfs1rX1zGg

You can get on AIM/MSN and get the app from me.

besides, increased speeds warp.
Hehe....no...someone (sorry can't remember;Skyline methinks) I explained to him how to alter game speeds for each individual player in a game and he told me after some testing that even if you are client sided if you change the speed for ALL players to the SAME speed lets say twice as fast that you are twice as fast (even on the server sided) with no warping and the other people see you warping.

That's a speed hack that works.He only told me those things I have to test them myself.

klange
June 10th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Also, rumble doesn't work because the game doesn't support it.
I want this app for my 360 controller!

Patrickssj6
June 10th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Also, rumble doesn't work because the game doesn't support it.
I want this app for my 360 controller!
You on AIM/MSN?

I'm testing some things myself right now.

OmegaDragon
June 13th, 2007, 01:54 AM
I did the same thing about a month or two ago with an old xbox controller that the primary stick was damaged and didn't work, just to see how it turned out. If i could find what the problem was, i might have fixed it and used it for halo.

asian knife
June 13th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Nice! I am going to make one when I have time. I have finals, they will be over next Tuesday, then I will make mine.

Kalub
June 13th, 2007, 07:47 AM
I made one of these oh so many years ago. its great because I dont have to buy an action replay to get gamesaves.

klange
June 13th, 2007, 11:01 AM
*send me the app*

I can't send any more secret messages via rep >_>
That was utterly pointless

Does the app work with, say, a 360 controller?

itszutak
June 13th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Hmm. After playing a bit of Halo with this new (well, actually ancient) controller, I was wondering if there's an app available that will aim similarly to how Halo on the Xbox aims; just a slight aim assist...Does such a thing exist, or am I out of luck? <_<

Patrickssj6
June 13th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Hmm. After playing a bit of Halo with this new (well, actually ancient) controller, I was wondering if there's an app available that will aim similarly to how Halo on the Xbox aims; just a slight aim assist...Does such a thing exist, or am I out of luck? <_<
IMO it's a bit harder but still pretty good

*send me the app*

I can't send any more secret messages via rep >_>
That was utterly pointless

Does the app work with, say, a 360 controller?

It should.
http://files.filefront.com/Walking_Crap___Patrickssj6exe/;7774664;;/fileinfo.html