PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a job?

Zeph
June 11th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Just trying to get a bit of a statistic on the forum. Simple question. If you have a job, why not say what it is.

Emmzee
June 11th, 2007, 09:10 AM
No, but I need one.

rossmum
June 11th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Too lazy.

dg
June 11th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Yes I have a job. I build, repair, and sell custom computers to commercial businesses in bulk. The company that I work for is very flexible with hours and understand that I'm a teenager, but respect me like an adult. I originally got started with them by volunteering my services. I highly recommend doing that because it showed them my skills and I was able to learn the system they use.

I also am a co-owner to a landscaping business. Seeing as how I live outside the city limits, my family always wanted to make our 8 acres look amazing. My brother (who is in college) and I had to learn how to do most of the work with planting, mulching, edging, digging ponds, and building retaining walls. So last summer we decided to spread our knowledge to the community. We usually go to the nicer suburbs and I am currently working on a 6'x30' wall. Ugh. It's a pain in the rear most times, but it pays well and gives you one hell of a workout/tan.

~dg945~

Xetsuei
June 11th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Am to young. :(

Digikid
June 11th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Yes. I work at a PC repair shop and I work at a grocery store owned by Sobeys.

Sobeys: WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!

Elite Killa
June 11th, 2007, 10:06 AM
I work as a homeless idiot. Is that good enough? lol i'm not homeless

Atty
June 11th, 2007, 11:28 AM
I run my own computer repair "business". It started with me getting introduced to a local police officer through a teacher at school then doing work for him, from their I've done work for a few other police officers and some average people as well. Most of the fixing is just spyware/adware clean up, installing new hardware, and fixing the average computer problem. Nothing hard but it brings in some money.

I also work in a grocery store, Publix (http://publix.com/), it's a great place to work. A lot of people I know work their and it's got some great benefits.

FlyingStone
June 11th, 2007, 12:27 PM
^Ah when i went to FL with my folks my uncle kept saying how good that place was, also that it was the only place that he liked the pizza from. Back on topic heh

I have two jobs. My first one is working for my father in Drywall. No, not hanging Sheetrock (Gypsum board if you prefer) we do the taping. As in we are the ones that cover the screws, nails, joints, holes with compound and derabound. I don't do it everyday because he doesn't always need my help, but when my homeschooling is done i plan on helping him out. Not that he really needs it, i mean shit he's only been doing it since he was 20 and hes about 45 now so, its more for company and i enjoy working hard. Odd, i know.
My second job, the one I'm just about to leave to go to is helping a Older disabled lady with her garden, lawn, and soon ill be re doing some porch rails. I normally don't do these kinds of things for people because some are just to lazy to do it them selfs, and my time is not worth it to them, the reason i help this lady is obvious, hes disabled, her husband works long hours for about 7 days so he can't mowe the lawn or help her. I mainly work in her really big 3 gardens, weeding, planting, trimming etc. She pays me 5$ an hour so its a good stream of money, even though tbh i really don't care about $ considering I'm 15 and i still live with my parents so i don't need to pay bills. She was going to pay me 10$ and hour but i said thats Way to much, its not labor intensive is tedious and sweatful. But the money mainly goes for a car and or stuff that i need to buy for working with my dad or what ever.

I don't know if these are considered Job, jobs because I'm not 16 nor do i work for a business, other than our family owned drywall company, but my dad pays me for that, not the company so i don't really know what to call them. Because i do make money, hmm, and i did drywall since i was 7.
Hmm, oh well.
Take care,
-F.S

klange
June 11th, 2007, 12:31 PM
I'm getting a job, but right now, no.

SnaFuBAR
June 11th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Just got an NDA/contract for a game company last night:D

OmegaDragon
June 11th, 2007, 01:51 PM
I also work in a grocery store, Publix (http://publix.com/), it's a great place to work. A lot of people I know work their and it's got some great benefits.

I'm actually trying to get a job there right now >.>

I have also applied for Circuit City, but I don't think they will choose me.

Agamemnon
June 11th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Publix has the best subs, hands down.

The benefits they give to employees are also ridiculous. They'll put you through college if you work there long enough.

EDIT: This poll will close on March 6th, 2010 at 09:03 AM

Be sure to vote before then, guys! :awesome:

thehoodedsmack
June 11th, 2007, 03:10 PM

Good job, Snaf. I'm happy for you. Can you say which company?

Hurrvish
June 11th, 2007, 03:30 PM
EDIT: This poll will close on March 6th, 2010 at 09:03 AM

holy shit thats my birthday :)

i work for my school by pulling up the grade curve

MereCatfish
June 11th, 2007, 03:33 PM
No, trying to get one.

Patrickssj6
June 11th, 2007, 04:07 PM
No...turned 16 a few months ago....switching to Germany where laws are a little bit different.

SnaFuBAR
June 11th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Good job, Snaf. I'm happy for you. Can you say which company?
Nah, I can't:( Thanks for the good thoughts though :)

Emmzee
June 11th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Nah, I can't:( Thanks for the good thoughts though :)
Can we guess?

Is it...Ubisoft?

SnaFuBAR
June 11th, 2007, 04:51 PM
you can guess, but i won't give up the answer :) lol

Teroh
June 11th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Yep, I start tomorrow. (Tuesday) I work there for 3 weeks, then I go off to Cape Cod for a week, then I go to Italy for 3 weeks and work there at my grandmother's printing press.

Pred1ator
June 11th, 2007, 05:03 PM
i do photoshop graphic arts for my school... for fun. my teacher once gave me 20 dollars for making him a banner so that must be a job

Pope
June 11th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Bottle Depot Manager...Weekend Edition!

Rob Oplawar
June 11th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I have way too many jobs. that's why i never get anything done.

Lessee, I design websites (in my spare time, and I suck at it), I do 3d modeling for my dad's company (I highly recommend it. Good resume builder)
Hmm, lessee, oh yeah, I work full time for Lockheed Martin ^.^
Also I consider working on Bridge CE a job (seriously, I'm now requiring myself to work at least 15 hours a week on it so it'll get done- and that's in addition to my full time job =/ )
The result of all this is something like $2500 American per month for last month, this month, and the next 2 excruciatingly overworked months, every penny of which is going to next year's housing and tuition. The plus? I'm only $18,000 in debt (as opposed to $36,000).

Timo
June 11th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Had a job at a supermarket for just over a year. Horrible working conditions, decided to throw it in.

Phopojijo
June 11th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Walmart Electronics...

Just a couple of days ago a lady brought in a remote bought from Radio Shack and asked us to help her make it work.

Makes you wonder wtf happened to the Radioshack "experts" if they anticipated better help from *Walmart* (they didn't know people like us work there)

rossmum
June 11th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Oh AWESOME :D

Stealth
June 11th, 2007, 10:51 PM
I work at Nu Skin, under property management, I bulid, repair, move, and clean Cubicles.

Bodzilla
June 12th, 2007, 05:53 AM
apprentice Cabinet maker.

i basically make Kitchens, bathrooms, Offices and cupboards for ppl :)

it's good but the Pay is shit house atm. $250 a week <_<
total poop. but it's making me Strong :D!!!!!!!!!

Kalub
June 12th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I work at Arbys! :3

AAA
June 12th, 2007, 04:22 PM
I'm too young to get a job. (it's the joys of being a child sometimes)

Masterz1337
June 12th, 2007, 07:33 PM
I don't hav a job yet, because due to my dad's social security, I got checks each month of $1,032. Soon as I graduate though, I'm going job hunting.

Random
June 12th, 2007, 07:39 PM
I lifeguard.

Atty
June 18th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Sort of off topic but check this (http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/bestcompanies/full_list/) out. The company I work for (Publix Super Markets) is rated, for our tenth year in a row, one of the top 100 places to work for. We're number 56 overall, top 25 for payment, and top 10 for new jobs. :)

ExAm
June 18th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Not yet, but I might be able to get a job at gamestop. If their hours aren't flexible, then I think I may have a good chance of getting a job at the local Pacific Biofuel station. My friend (who is two years or so younger than me) is the manager. Adults work under him. Makes sense, his dad is the CEO of the main company in my area.

p0lar_bear
June 18th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I work at Target still. On my way out though, looking for a tech job that will take someone with only a High School diploma and 5 years of computer repair/troubleshooting experience.

There's an intern job for my local school system that I have my eye on... :)

Mr. BBQ
June 19th, 2007, 12:36 PM
I work at Napa Auto Parts, cashier and stock room stuff. It's a gearhead's dream back there...

Dole
June 19th, 2007, 01:37 PM
No...turned 16 a few months ago....switching to Germany where laws are a little bit different.
Where do you live that you can't get a job at 16?

Atty
June 19th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Third world countries, they only let the children work, at sixteen you are old enough to realize two pennies a day isn't nearly enough for manufacturing Jordan shoes. :-3

MereCatfish
June 19th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Just applied for a job at Burger King.

Shuddup.

phase
June 19th, 2007, 02:09 PM
I am the candyman from beanerland.
I basicly help put the boxes of candy in the candy trucks, Pays not great but free candy!.

Revord
June 19th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Im a supervisor at Winco Foods
Revord

mR_r0b0to
June 19th, 2007, 03:06 PM
><
no job
i leech off parents

Atty
June 19th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Just applied for a job at Burger King.

Shuddup.I hope you are kidding. I can't think of any reason, other then pure lack of choices and a burning desire for a job, anyone would work fast food.

Dole
June 19th, 2007, 03:19 PM
To meet his homies at the BK Lounge? Disclaimer: THAT WAS A JOKE

Varmint260
June 19th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Just got hired the other day, actually. I'm going to be working starting on the 28th for a local airline, handling baggage. There are a lot of cool things associated with the job (I believe the title is "Ramp Agent") and the pay is pretty good. Since I'm going to college next year, gotta save up the loot (plus I want a nice notebook computer so I need mmoney for that too). My friend's mother works there (as does my friend) and so he recommended to the boss to get me hired. It's nice having friends in high places, eh? My buddy (who has the same job) figures it's a good job 'cause if someone pisses me off I can "accidentally" have their baggage sent off to Cambodia.

As for working at Burger King... well, I don't blame anyone that has to work fast food. I almost had to apply to A&W since I live in a small town (full-time population of about 3800, though the official number is about 1,000 higher) and I don't know a lot of people in high places. It's lucky that I know a few out at the airport.

p0lar_bear
June 19th, 2007, 08:08 PM
To meet his homies at the BK Lounge?

I heard he's a bouncer at the BK Lounge, he was saying it to his tons of lady friends. They like, asked if they could get in, and he smoothly replied...

"Not without coupes, baby. Not without coupes..."

paladin
June 22nd, 2007, 12:35 AM
I work for a drywall supply company. I currently drive a boom truck and a boom operator.

Emmzee
June 22nd, 2007, 07:14 PM
I am a manager of a small ring of whores. Currently, I have 3 prostitutes working under me, although I'm hoping to get 2 more by the end of third quarter.

Mr Buckshot
June 22nd, 2007, 11:04 PM
I don't have a job yet, but I did this thing called "career preparation" for my electronics class, which is kind of like an unpaid apprenticeship. During this career preparation, my teacher allowed me to take a week off school and spend that week working at an arcade repair shop, where I learned how to maintain arcade machines (and if I finished quickly I could play on some of them without needing money). My career prep was a hell lot of fun, very informative (I learned a lot of useful info), and got me extra credit for electronics class. It was just like a paid job, minus the payment and the fact that half the time was spent on training.

So while I don't have a real job yet, I should be able to get one soon. I'm hoping to work at the local EB or Futureshop (our equivalent of Fry's, with good game/console prices but with terrible PC hardware prices).

Emmzee
June 22nd, 2007, 11:06 PM
unpaid apprenticeship.
Like an internship.