PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Major Halo 3 Campaign Spoiler/Halo 3 Beta Egg

ShadowSpartan
June 11th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Losingstreak (Chokingvictim) was playing around while ingame and stumbled upon something interesting. Behind the master chief's visor is a face. That means that Bungie is planning on showing his face in Halo 3. Both of us are totally against this and hope that Bungie decides not to include it in the final game. Here is a video that shows how it was done, and what it looks like: http://useruploads.mythica.org/view/Halo3MC.wmv

Atty
June 11th, 2007, 11:07 AM
It doesn't mean they will show his face. It could be just for fun or it could be that they will, don't jump to conclusions.

Also, this is old.

Choking Victim
June 11th, 2007, 11:10 AM
It doesn't mean they will show his face. It could be just for fun or it could be that they will, don't jump to conclusions.

Also, this is old.
i highly doubt this is old. when have you seen his face rendered on the ingame engine? never only here. youve probably seen it in max or on a texture.

Atty
June 11th, 2007, 11:11 AM
I saw it in game via that glitch a long time ago, it's not hard to do that or figure out how to do that. Also, yes, I did.

Kornman00
June 11th, 2007, 11:14 AM
old

Choking Victim
June 11th, 2007, 11:16 AM
neither of you are outraged at how incredibly horrible it looks?

Atty
June 11th, 2007, 11:18 AM
It's a damn beta....

....It's also something Bungie had never planned anyone to see.

Pooky
June 11th, 2007, 11:21 AM
I'm not going to watch that anyway for the same reason I didn't want to play the Halo 3 beta. I'll see it all when it comes out.

Kornman00
June 11th, 2007, 11:22 AM
This isn't b.net. If you want to rant on and on about a feature of the game that no bungie employee will actually pay attention to, but yet ranting still makes you feel you've accomplished getting something fixed, then gb2 b.net

Choking Victim
June 11th, 2007, 11:25 AM
This isn't b.net. If you want to rant on and on about a feature of the game that no bungie employee will actually pay attention to, but yet ranting still makes you feel you've accomplished getting something fixed, then gb2 b.net
whys everyone suddenly going off because we found something and wanted to share. the point of having the beta was to test and change things on bungies part. i know its only a beta this is merely a reinforcement upon bettering it.

IPBJT!
June 11th, 2007, 12:12 PM
He doesn't look pretty, seems like he still got some of his "pre-mjolnir" scar on his face. :O

TIA Gangsta
June 11th, 2007, 04:23 PM
You can watch a clear video here (without downloading):

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/12217

Also, you can see "Masterz1337" log on half way through...=S

Pred1ator
June 11th, 2007, 05:03 PM
id rather download it, this is going in my h3 beta film folder :D

Elite Killa
June 11th, 2007, 05:19 PM
:shocked:

Is that a BEARD I see on the bottom of his face?

:jibbly:

IPBJT!
June 11th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Considering he rarely had an opportunity to shave, i guess that the answer is yes.

Pred1ator
June 11th, 2007, 05:27 PM
i dont see a beard u lier, and actually, he doesnt get a chance, the helmet is removable u know.... is it me or is his nose HUGE?

Warsaw
June 11th, 2007, 06:51 PM
He looks possessed...he has glowing white eyes.

Elite Killa
June 11th, 2007, 06:53 PM
I <3 the scar on his face. Makes him look mean. And his eyes....

*cowers in fear*

I'll never look at the Chief the same way again....ever.

Warsaw
June 11th, 2007, 07:03 PM
I don't think that is the Chief...honestly.

Hurrvish
June 11th, 2007, 07:06 PM
he looks like has a hugemouth

Pred1ator
June 11th, 2007, 07:20 PM
I don't think that is the Chief...honestly.

so your saying the real master chief cut off some hobos face and masking taped it on for his own? bungie did a good job hiding that. thank god they left us some easter eggs to find in the game

Hurrvish
June 11th, 2007, 07:27 PM
from our dear veegie:

If I understand what you're saying correctly, I felt the same way at one point.
But it's just a generic face Bungie put in, which is in the beta.
It's there to:

It's a small feature to improve the immersiveness; you can catch a glimpse of a human face behind that mask, which makes it feel more 'real'. It's not much of a face, though. In fact, it's just a pair of eyes and most of a nose.

Pred1ator
June 11th, 2007, 07:32 PM
that doesnt change the fact that its still a cool find in the beta

Masterz1337
June 11th, 2007, 08:08 PM
A very sexy name pops up at 2:14 =o

ExAm
June 11th, 2007, 08:10 PM
:shocked:

Is that a BEARD I see on the bottom of his face?

:jibbly:Well, he is somewhere around 50.

Warsaw
June 11th, 2007, 08:20 PM
My mom is 50 and she doesn't have a beard... =&#222;

JDMFSeanP
June 11th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Id concur with veegie, it is just an added affect that at the right time you might catch a cool glimpse of, I LIKE.

TIA Gangsta
June 12th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Sorry, but it isn't a face. If Bungie meant to model a face behind the MC's helmet, then why is it that his nose takes up the whole bottom half of the helmet? It just isn't proportioned, and it's too blurry and low-res to be seen like that...and what's with the 'demon' look of it?

Sorry, but all evidence so far seems to show that it isn't a face, let alone MC's face.

Elite Killa
June 12th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Sorry, but it isn't a face. If Bungie meant to model a face behind the MC's helmet, then why is it that his nose takes up the whole bottom half of the helmet? It just isn't proportioned, and it's too blurry and low-res to be seen like that...and what's with the 'demon' look of it?

Sorry, but all evidence so far seems to show that it isn't a face, let alone MC's face.
Well, the covenant do call the MC a demon.

Zeph
June 12th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Seeing Bungie's late affinity for multiplayer permutations and a bit more insider information about Halo 2's abandoned plans, the Halo 3 engine, and Halo 3 multiplayer content you guys should be expecting the modern equivilent of garbage tags to sync and possibly damage to spartan models. Bungie has said before they wont be giving him a face so what you see is not MC.

Also realize that helmet does take up a good portion of his lower face.

ExAm
June 12th, 2007, 12:44 PM
I don't remember Bungie saying that, but it's definitely a face, but probably not the Chief's. A generic Spartan face, maybe.

Atty
June 12th, 2007, 01:08 PM
As much as I doubt it I'll throw the idea out there, with the craze of customizing the Spartans in Halo 3 and the fact you can see the face now it's possible, not likely, but possible, Bungie will include the XBL Vision Camera Face Masking software to put our faces on the chief.

I know, crazy, but would be sorta interesting.

bleach
June 12th, 2007, 01:26 PM
because? :mad: LMFAO at some1. don't start flaming at me
I don't think they are going to show MC's face in Halo 3. But like what other ppl said, its just a bug/glitch probably. I don't think bungie wants us to even look at MC's face.

Choking Victim
June 12th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Hi, I work for a UK 360 mag and we've just seen your video showing Chief's face! Assuming it is your video would you mind us using a screen capture in the mag? We would of course give you full credit with the news story. Thanks, Mikee.

:) im gonna be in a magazine.

Veegie
June 12th, 2007, 03:16 PM
For reference, each of five permutations of the Master Chief's model has its own face. Each different.

Elite Killa
June 12th, 2007, 09:09 PM
because? :mad: LMFAO at some1. don't start flaming at me
I don't think they are going to show MC's face in Halo 3. But like what other ppl said, its just a bug/glitch probably. I don't think bungie wants us to even look at MC's face.
You think he's ugly, man? :gtfo:

DaneO'Roo
June 12th, 2007, 09:21 PM
I see they made the face with a distinct likeness to Marcus Lhetto, bungies art lead.

I doubt it's final, though.

ExAm
June 12th, 2007, 10:01 PM
:) im gonna be in a magazine.You're the one who found that?

Atty
June 12th, 2007, 10:06 PM
No, he's just the first to be stupid enough to spread it around the internet. The more informed part of the community has had this information for some time.

Choking Victim
June 12th, 2007, 10:30 PM
No, he's just the first to be stupid enough to spread it around the internet. The more informed part of the community has had this information for some time.
Stupid enough? I knew about it cause tons of other modders posted pictures of the model and texture and a friend of mine sent me the model. Is atty mad that he didn't film it when he found it first? Seriously you need to chill out its not even mc's face theres different permutations of it and it has even been said that theres a face behind the mask in a weekly update. Besides its not like it was my idea to film it anyway, i never thought it was a big deal then my friend wanted to film it.

Atty
June 12th, 2007, 10:34 PM
I'm not experiencing the least bit of an emotional change from this situation. :)

And by stupid enough I mean to post it on a forum like this, no good can come of it.

Choking Victim
June 12th, 2007, 10:37 PM
I'm not experiencing the least bit of an emotional change from this situation. :)

And by stupid enough I mean to post it on a forum like this, no good can come of it.
seems to be going well other than you and kornman.

et_cg
June 12th, 2007, 10:38 PM
You could look at it plenty of ways.

Yes, bungie may be adding MP customization, where your face is certainly an aspect, and the armor is damageable.

But also look at it this way, Permutations can be random or selected, depending on how they want to use it.

They may tell a pretense in the story, with a few Spartans involved.

Once again, most of you will flame and fight, and declare there is no way Bungie will show John's face.

But what if they show others?

Think of it differently. Don't be so much on the big "D."

Veegie
June 13th, 2007, 02:40 AM
Armor won't be damageable.

On another note: One of the unannounced permutations has most of the head exposed. You can actually see the eyes from the outside of the helmet. Very predator/gas mask like.

Choking Victim
June 13th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Armor won't be damageable.

On another note: One of the unannounced permutations has most of the head exposed. You can actually see the eyes from the outside of the helmet. Very predator/gas mask like.
is it like a crack in the helmet or just the visor is lowered a bit revealing his face? either way that is very cool.

TIA Gangsta
June 13th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Well, the covenant do call the MC a demon.

Well only because they're from a different race and planet, so anything like that would be "demon" like to them, especially if the guy's so unstoppable as MC.

et_cg
June 13th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Kind of like meth-heads in today's society. They're Demons.

Roostervier
June 13th, 2007, 12:52 PM
is it like a crack in the helmet or just the visor is lowered a bit revealing his face? either way that is very cool.
I think the visor would have to be some what transparent. I don't really know, of course, but why open the visor, releasing the air tight seal that allows a spartan to travel into space without dieing (among other things)? Sorry if I misunderstood the visor being lowered a bit, just sounds like you mean opened up.

itszutak
June 13th, 2007, 06:18 PM
If the chief had opened his visor near the end of his stay on the first halo, he would have suffocated or been turned into a Flood. <__<;

Warsaw
June 13th, 2007, 06:21 PM
No, they hadn't fully transformed the atmosphere. If they had, we wouldn't have been fighting any Covenant save for Grunts.

hestonf50
June 14th, 2007, 09:35 AM
i had the beta but god gave me a sign to wait and that sign was my brother spilling coffe on my xbox 360 :(

Brian2112
July 19th, 2007, 03:48 PM
bungie always does this. they add strange little extras for people to find and go nuts over. just because it is in the beta does not mean it will be in the campaign if its in the final game at all. plus who to say it is even master chiefs face. it could easily be one of the other surviving spartans. any way its nothing to get excited over

Stealth
July 19th, 2007, 04:45 PM
two things...
#1, nice bump.
#2, the MC is the only surviving spartan that isn't stuck in a slip space buble on onyx.
other then that I agree with your post. this is nothing to get exited over.

MNC
July 19th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Saw this some time ago on YouTube.
Edit: But that's because this is a bump.

leorimolo
July 19th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Well....
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b309/leorimolo/faceav1.jpg
Its not John acording to bungie.... its just a place holder

legionaire45
July 19th, 2007, 08:56 PM
zomg master chief has a big nose.

if someone quotes me they need to be raped

MNC
July 20th, 2007, 08:00 AM
It's Shrek! :o

bitterbanana
July 20th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Thanks for posting that picture. I never realized how big his helmet was in relation to his head. I hope he takes his mask off in the game. He's not like V where he's ashamed of his scar-tissued face, the camera just refuses to show him. So let's see it.

Archon23
July 20th, 2007, 08:37 AM
But I like imagining what he looks like under the helmet. I mean sometimes its better when you don't know what the main hero looks like. Just adds a mysterious aura about him.