PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Interesting...

Xetsuei
June 11th, 2007, 06:00 PM
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=11263399&postRepeater1-p=1

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=808840

New viral campaign mb?

Pred1ator
June 11th, 2007, 06:40 PM
errr....what? am i missing something?

Elite Killa
June 11th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I'm too stupid to understand this.

adumass
June 11th, 2007, 06:53 PM
I'm too stupid to understand this.

I think I am too, too many big words.

Siliconmaster
June 11th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Dang- beat me to it. I just remembered that I hadn't seen anyone posting about it on these forums.

Viral Campaign (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viral_marketing)

Bungie has been known to use marketing strategies in its halo games as a way to draw its fans in and to gain interest. For Halo 1 they used the Cortana Letters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortana_Letters), which baffled fans until they tried to decipher them- they turned out to be the first real information regarding the Halo series. In the time before Halo 2 came out Bungie had something to do with a site called ilovebees.com (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Love_Bees). From what I know, that involved a crashed ai, and a storyline which drew "players" in to find clues in everything from the site itself to their internet cookies. Many members of the Halo community are now aware of Bungie's aptness with mythos and this sort of marketing, so when a new AI appeared on the bungie forums this morning, people jumped on it like a passing warthog. The ai then migrated to the HBO forums, where it stayed for about an hour or so and then disappeared. The forum thread on HBO is already many posts long. I gave up trying to follow their discussions, but last time I checked they were analyzing the ai's responses.

I think this very well might be Bungie's new H3 campaign. It's not a coincidence that it began the day after the beta ended.

Warsaw
June 11th, 2007, 07:01 PM
To everyone who doesn't get it: Read all the posts by "AdjutantReflex." They are reminiscent of the Cortana Letters, and even the "Conversations from the Galaxy (or was it Universe?)" handbook.

My guess is that it is indeed another gag by Bungie staff, or someone instructed by them. The names seem to follow a nomenclature similar to UNSC AI.

thehoodedsmack
June 11th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Definately a new campaign. Let's use this chance to involve ourselves as much into the Halo Universe as possible! Despite it being a Bungie employee behind a username, they have more answers to our Halo related questions then anyone else.

Elite Killa
June 11th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Something that has to do with Cortana and her location? Is she being referred to as the "Sleeping Princess"? It would make sense since Cortana is in a weird state in Halo 3's time.

Dole
June 11th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Conversations From The Universe, yeah.

Btw, anyone remember what the deal was with that Scythopolis Archaeologist guy?

teh lag
June 11th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Oh boy, another viral campaign. Can't wait to see what's gonna happen, ILB was pretty interesting.

@Dole, I have it in my usernotes.

Elite Killa
June 11th, 2007, 07:42 PM
At the bottom of Page 3 in the Bungie link in the first post of this thread might explain something.

Dole
June 11th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Where'd that kid get the number from, though?

thehoodedsmack
June 11th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Where'd that kid get the number from, though?

2401/343 = 7
2401*7 = 16807

Elite Killa
June 11th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Listen to what I have to say:

Look at the definiton of this:

http://www.answers.com/adjutant&r=67

and this:

http://www.answers.com/reflex&r=67

This name could have a meaning.

An adjutant is an assistant who helps commanding officers. Maybe this "monitor" is an assistant of the Ark and will assist if it's ever activated.

A reflex is a quick response of to something. Maybe the "monitor" has to act fast when activating the Ark.

I know where he got 16807 from.

Listen:

in Halo 1 , there's 343 Guilty Spark. 7x7x7=343

in Halo 2, there's 2401 Penident Tangent. 7x7x7x7=2401

in Halo 3, the possible 16807 Adjutant Reflex. 7x7x7x7x7=16807.

thehoodedsmack
June 11th, 2007, 07:58 PM
7^0 = 1
7^1 = 7
7^2 = 49
7^3 = 343 (Note, the fourth in sequence, and moniter of Installation 04)
7^4 = 2401 (Note, the fifth in sequence, and moniter of Installation 05)
7^5 = 16807 (?) Possible Installation 06?

Warsaw
June 11th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Possible monitor of the Ark?

Damn the number seven to hell...

Elite Killa
June 11th, 2007, 08:05 PM
But seven is the lucky number. Don't damn it to hell.

Warsaw
June 11th, 2007, 08:06 PM
I don't have lucky numbers. Everything about me is unlucky.

thehoodedsmack
June 11th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Possible monitor of the Ark?

As nice as that sounds, there are no patterns that indicate it. The Ark would likely be installation 00 or 08, with there being seven Halos.

thehoodedsmack
June 11th, 2007, 08:09 PM
And as expected.

Sufficient contextual data acquired. 871803909 ± 384 hours since event.

Roughly 100,000 years.

Elite Killa
June 11th, 2007, 08:11 PM
But it would be unlikely that we'll be seeing an installation 06 since all of the main characters are now being informed by the Ark, which is located on Earth.

thehoodedsmack
June 11th, 2007, 08:12 PM
But it would be unlikely that we'll be seeing an installation 06 since all of the main characters are now being informed by the Ark, which is located on Earth.

Aye, but Bungie has said that the game will not spend it's entirety on Earth.

Warsaw
June 11th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Yup.

If there is any pattern to this at all:

343=7^3, Monitor of Installation 04
2401=7^4, Monitor of Installation 05
So, it could be that since 16807=7^5, this would likely be the Monitor of Installation 06.

Xegrot
June 11th, 2007, 08:22 PM
And as expected.

Roughly 100,000 years.

I remember hearing that exact number in the E3 Video Demo for the first Halo.

Connection, maybe?

Warsaw
June 11th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Of course.

Elite Killa
June 11th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Aye, but Bungie has said that the game will not spend it's entirety on Earth.
You're correct in a way. The Arbiter, Commander Keyes, and Sergeant Johnson are on Delta Halo, which is Installation 05, not 06.

Warsaw
June 11th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Remember that cruiser in the backdrop of Uprising and Great Journey that the Elite Commander said he was going to retake? My guess is that if we play as the Arbiter in Halo 3, retaking said cruiser will be our first mission. And we do realize that Delta Halo is Installation 05 (which is funny because delta is the fourth Greek letter), we were just speculating as to where else we might end up.

thehoodedsmack
June 11th, 2007, 08:59 PM
And we do realize that Delta Halo is Installation 05 (which is funny because delta is the fourth Greek letter).

Installation 05 could very well be the fourth Halo, if in fact, Installation 01 is the Ark. This would also remodel the scheme of moniter numbering, where 2401 Penitent Tangent is 7^4.

Warsaw
June 11th, 2007, 09:02 PM
That is very true. Maybe the Ark is really a Halo that the Earth was build around, effectively burying it. But that doesn't explain why 343 Guilty Spark refers to Installation 04 as such. If it were really Installation 03, he would have referred to it that way.

Agamemnon
June 11th, 2007, 09:04 PM
The bastard is using my avatar.

Awesome. More publicity then.

thehoodedsmack
June 11th, 2007, 09:04 PM
That is very true. Maybe the Ark is really a Halo that the Earth was build around, effectively burying it. But that doesn't explain why 343 Guilty Spark refers to Installation 04 as such. If it were really Installation 03, he would have referred to it that way.

Negative. He could still refer to it as Installation 04, and note that he never gives us the name of the Halo, as Halo 2 does with Delta Halo. It would still be the fourth installation, but the third Halo. This theory could be proven false if we learn that The Ark is in fact a Halo. If not, this theory is still open for debate.

Warsaw
June 11th, 2007, 09:09 PM
That doesn't change the fact that 343 is still seven cubed. Also, if I05 is Delta Halo, it might be assumed that I04 is Gamma Halo.

thehoodedsmack
June 11th, 2007, 09:14 PM
That doesn't change the fact that 343 is still seven cubed. Also, if I05 is Delta Halo, it might be assumed that I04 is Gamma Halo.

I'm pitching the idea that Moniters are assigned numbers based on the corresponding Greek number of their Halo. If Installation 01 is the Ark, and NOT a Halo, then it would fit Installation 05 being referred to as Delta Halo, and others.

Elite Killa
June 11th, 2007, 09:43 PM
I04 is Alpha Halo, not gamma.

thehoodedsmack
June 11th, 2007, 09:46 PM

Says who?

Elite Killa
June 11th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Says who?
You have got to be kidding me...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(megastructure)#Installation_04

Warsaw
June 11th, 2007, 09:56 PM
That doesn't make any sense at all.

You must take into consideration that the Halo Wiki was written by fans, and may not necessarily be canon.

JDMFSeanP
June 11th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Adjutant is pretty hardcore latin isn't it?

Xetsuei
June 11th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Interesting a quick look up of the defintion yielded no results; however, burried on some website I came across this quote:

"For humans mind functions on seven levels, which have been called adjutant mind-spirits."

So there we have the seven that bungie is so fond of.

Edit: Ah interesting apparently these are the seven "Adjutants"

1. The spirit of intuition
2. The spirit of understanding
3. The spirit of courage
4. The spirit of knowledge
5. The spirit of counsel
6. The spirit of worship
7. The spirit of wisdom

=O

n00b1n8R
June 12th, 2007, 05:52 AM

that would make more sense.

Kornman00
June 12th, 2007, 05:54 AM
First, lets not forget ancient halo lore when the Halos used to be planets and not ring worlds.

Assuming AR is a monitor of some sort, we can try to decipher the naming scheme.
The 'first' name is a result.
The 'last' name is a action.

Guilty - a feeling of responsibility or remorse for some offense, crime, wrong, etc., whether real or imagined.
Spark - The fact that hes fired Halo before, would explain the name of 'Spark'Having made the 'spark' that set off the Halos before, destroying his present day creators. Seeing as how hes stated he can't be part of the index getting reintegrated into the core, he somehow resulted in the firing anyway.

Penitent - feeling or expressing sorrow for sin or wrongdoing and disposed to atonement and amendment; repentant; contrite.
Tangent - in immediate physical contact; touching.He somehow was able to be captured, physically, by a gravemind. Maybe submitting himself to answer his many questions, etc, out of sorrow for killing off his then present day species. Now gravemind wants answers from Cortana...

Adjutant - a staff officer who assists the commanding officer in issuing orders.
Reflex - occurring in reaction; responsive.The by-the-book definition doesn't help in this case. Being a facilitator (in this case, another word for adjutant), of some sorts (someone has suggested hes just a encyclopedia of sorts due to his collecting of data in various locations), he is refitting an Array. Almost like figuring out "all our lost time" like GS was doing on the PoA. Perhaps he is to fix the Array (of knowledge and events, etc) before\during\after the launch of the Halos to make sure records are kept?

Also, assuming the FR built the Halos in order over time, GS would be the most unstable of the 3, again assuming AR is a monitor.

I wish I could stop and think some more before submitting this post, but work does call :/

thehoodedsmack
June 12th, 2007, 06:12 AM
that would make more sense.

How would that make more sense? It corresponds to absolutely no theory whatsoever. Alpha was the name given to it by fans, not by Bungie.

Kornman00
June 12th, 2007, 06:54 AM
I04 \ The spirit of knowledge
GS did take the time to gather information and seems to enjoy it as much as the next AI, if not more (seems to grow the further an AI is corrupted)

I05 \ The spirit of counsel
PT would have appeared to be the counselor of gravemind.

If Earth is I01, then "The spirit of intuition" would be very fitting.

If I06 is the next stop as well, "The spirit of worship" would fit well into the great jounrey, no ;p?

Kornman00
June 12th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Now that I think about it, I can't help but wonder if AR is a human construct.

While he talks like you'd expect a corrupt AI to talk, there is still a hint of 'forerunnerness' in the way he talks. I can't really decribe it. But assuming the Sleeping Princess is Cortana (IIRC, it was Kelly who was put to sleep all the way to Onyx or w/e, so she isn't asleep anymore) then I don't see how a new monitor or related construct could possibly be aware of Cortana...

unless its actually a Covenant construct...

teh lag
June 12th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Well, there was the "presence" Cortana sensed on the Forerunner ship. She said it was far more advanced than any other Covenant AI she'd encountered before... maybe it's involved somehow?

Roostervier
June 12th, 2007, 09:31 AM
To be honest, I think the Earth is going to be a "shield" planet, just like Onyx. Inside the ark is some portal similar to that in GoO. Then you wind up in that space between slip space and real space (I can't really remember how it was), away, and protected, from any harm that can be caused by the Halos. I doubt the Earth would really be built around a Halo. I think it makes more sense as a "shield" planet... but keeping with the theory that forerunners were actually humans--or some how interrelated (one I believe in), Earth being one of the most prosperous planets, not to mention "favorited" by the human race (possilby them too), they made it known as the Ark. Not only a shield planet, but it can control the other Halos as well.

[edit] The description of the device that transports them to that "other world" is similar to how the structure looked in the Halo 3 trailer, IIRC.

Warsaw
June 12th, 2007, 11:38 AM
My theory of Earth being build around a Halo is that the "Ark" bears an eerily similar appearance to the large circular objects seen on the outside edge of the Halos. However, the number of flanges don't add up, so it could be either a Bungie inconsistency or just the fact that they aren't related.

Also, nice post Kornman00. I hadn't thought about it that way.

Zeph
June 12th, 2007, 11:42 AM
I still maintain that humans and prophets are Forerunner descendants, thus having red blood and are the only ones capable of activating the rings. Knowing this, the prophets try to have them killed and soo forth.

While I'm appaulled at how poor this viral campaign was, I'm incredibly surprised it came from inside bungie. They should know they aren't good enough to do that. They need outside help for things like that.

Warsaw
June 12th, 2007, 11:49 AM
I also support the theory that the Prophets and Humans are related to the Forerunner in some way. My guess is that the Prophets know this and are trying to eliminate the "competition" (sibling rivalry of sorts), and are deceiving the rest of the Covenant with religious rubbish so that they may activate teh Halos and reconstruct the Galaxy to their liking.

Kornman00
June 12th, 2007, 12:28 PM
I don't see strong reasoning that the two are related. Unless they both are genetically engineered by the forerunner...

And where is it stated in game or book that a prophet can activate a ring? Why would truth keep the humans in custody when he had the index if he can just do it himself? :-3

Warsaw
June 12th, 2007, 01:59 PM
They can't activate the ring. I don't think the Forerunner and Prophets are genetically related, but I do believe that they existed at the same time, and henceforth are savvy to how it all works (although they can't reverse engineer to save their lives).

thehoodedsmack
June 12th, 2007, 02:18 PM
To be honest, I think the Earth is going to be a "shield" planet, just like Onyx.

I believe the Ark is referred to as being the Sword that corresponds to Onyx and the other Shields. Earth would then be the Sword planet.

Kornman00
June 12th, 2007, 02:53 PM
They can't activate the ring. I don't think the Forerunner and Prophets are genetically related, but I do believe that they existed at the same time, and henceforth are savvy to how it all works (although they can't reverse engineer to save their lives).
What gives you that idea?

If they were savvy with how it works, they would have been killed off when Halo was last launched along with the Forerunner

Random
June 12th, 2007, 03:01 PM
and henceforth are savvy to how it all works (although they can't reverse engineer to save their lives).

The Covenant are far from savvy the just go and capture other civilization's technology and then use it. They don't improve it very much.

Kornman00
June 12th, 2007, 04:21 PM
The *cough*Engineers*cough*

Roostervier
June 12th, 2007, 04:48 PM
I don't see strong reasoning that the two are related. Unless they both are genetically engineered by the forerunner...

And where is it stated in game or book that a prophet can activate a ring? Why would truth keep the humans in custody when he had the index if he can just do it himself? :-3
^QFT.

I don't think the prophets can activate the rings.

JDMFSeanP
June 12th, 2007, 05:18 PM
I think they probably can, but then don't care to learn how, they seem to just hold humans hostage to say "Do it".

Warsaw
June 12th, 2007, 07:07 PM
The Covenant are far from savvy the just go and capture other civilization's technology and then use it. They don't improve it very much.

Well, considering it is advantageous to keep your subjects ignorant, and the prophets are not exactly your benevolent type, it makes perfect sense. And they could've found a a way to save their race, but the history books were destroyed, so they have no record. The possibilities are endless.

Siliconmaster
June 12th, 2007, 07:21 PM
My theory of Earth being build around a Halo is that the "Ark" bears an eerily similar appearance to the large circular objects seen on the outside edge of the Halos.

The theory of the Ark/Earth being a hidden Halo has been thought up before, outside the normal discussion areas. Anyone remember that "Halo 3 Script" that was floating around a while back? I read all 120ish pages one day when I had nothing else to do- without going off topic too much, the author (whoever he/she was) surmised that once the ark was opened, it would expand as a halo ring around Earth, activating more forerunner technology and weapons. I can't quite remember past that. I think I fell asleep. >_>

Anyway, the theory regarding Humans being Forerunner descendants carries a lot of evidence, including the Human hand on the forerunner panel in the H2 multiplayer map, and GS343's allusions to MC as the "reclaimer."

Warsaw
June 12th, 2007, 07:44 PM
I never saw this "Halo 3 Script." Where can I find it?

(Yes, I do realize most of it is probably false)

Siliconmaster
June 12th, 2007, 09:29 PM
For fear of delving into an old issue, here it is: link (http://www.gamerandy.com/archives/draft4.pdf)

Don't accept it as anything but a decent and insanely long fanfiction: bungie declared it fake nearly immediately in 2005ish when it came out.

However, it utilizes some amusing ideas that seem more interesting now that we've seen more info regarding Halo 3. Worth testing some theories against it. However, it probably won't help much, so we should stick with the known info.

Syuusuke
June 12th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Hey look, a link that's not hyperlinked! (sorry =( )

Warsaw
June 12th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I must say, that was fairly convincing, and Bungie's quick denial could be just that, a denial.

However, I refuse to accept anything as canon until I play the game (though I was already set on Cortana being rampant).

et_cg
June 13th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Okay, a few speculations on my part:

Earth may not be a "Halo," but perhaps a world created by the Forerunner as an inital installation, or perhaps their retreat. If anything, it may have been their main control, and perhaps place for harboring life after their extinction.

The Flood, nobody covers this topic much; if Halo WAS a weapon designed to combat the flood, as stated by GS in Halo 1, then why didn't it wipe out all of the flood? Were the containment protocols so strong that the blasts from even the seven couldn't even penetrate them?

So if this is a possibility, do you believe that the Forerunner built a containment for humans on earth? If so, then there may be your link as to how we (humans) are descendants of the great Forerunner.

Now as for the Halo's, I have not nearly enough information gathered in my dome to confine any probable ideas.

And as in the past, most of my speculations are not correct.

The new AdjutantReflex may be a monitor, may be AI, may even just be fiction. I would like to see Bungie stop wasting their time and start working on the grand Halo story, that would cover the whole canon. Yeah, it may not be possible in a feasable time, or perhaps even sane. But sure, Bungie now has the power to answer any questions in a video game. I mean, look they're owned by the fat software giant that's richer than the spoiled kid down the street. They can do anything it seems. So why not cover a larger portion of our beloved universe: Halo?

Rosco
June 13th, 2007, 12:53 PM
How would that make more sense? It corresponds to absolutely no theory whatsoever. Alpha was the name given to it by fans, not by Bungie.

In the multiplayer map pack you could buy from the shops, the documentary in it had a bungie employee saying this environment is similar to the place where the chief met 343 guilty spark on the alpha halo, but this time we're saying it's on delta halo. :)

Warsaw
June 13th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Then Alpha and Delta must be designations given by the UNSC for ease of naming.

et_cg
June 13th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Speculating that Bungie is associated with, or a part of UNSC.

They may be a higher form of being. Or a lesser scoundrel, ready to drain our lives with a new video game that sucks, or rocks. Or vice versa.

Kornman00
June 13th, 2007, 06:08 PM
you wouldn't skip Bravo and Charlie unless they were already in use....

Or unless they are referring to the coordinate quadrant they reside in :-3

Warsaw
June 13th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta, eta, theta, iota, kappa, lambda, mu, nu, xi, omicron, pi, rho, sigma, tau, upsilon, phi, chi, psi, omega.

I don't see a Bravo or Charlie in there...I doubt they'd use tactical nomenclature for a series of structures.

Kornman00
June 13th, 2007, 06:25 PM
i was referring to the phonetic alphabet, because thats what the military likes to use when it names stuffz...mb you would know that if you were enlisted :-3

Warsaw
June 13th, 2007, 06:27 PM
I know. They wouldn't use that. They'd use the Greek alphabet to name the rest. Most likely ones are Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Sigma, Upsilon, and Omega for names.

Kornman00
June 13th, 2007, 06:30 PM
And why would the military do that? Because I doubt they're able to deduce the Forerunner's language enough to figure out "o hai, this is their equivalent to "Delta" :downs:".

Warsaw
June 13th, 2007, 06:35 PM
They didn't. The UNSC simply assigned names to each installation. I never once heard any of the Monitors refer to either Halo as "Alpha" or "Delta."

klange
June 13th, 2007, 06:50 PM
They didn't. The UNSC simply assigned names to each installation. I never once heard any of the Monitors refer to either Halo as "Alpha" or "Delta."
True, they call them by installation #
Installation Zero-Four, etc.

Kornman00
June 13th, 2007, 06:51 PM
I guess you misunderstood my post. I was asking why the MILITARY used the greek system, when they have the phonetic alphabet which they use for everything.

Dole
June 13th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Because as-of-yet unclassified celestial objects are formally designated with Greek appellations?

Roostervier
June 13th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Okay, a few speculations on my part:

Earth may not be a "Halo," but perhaps a world created by the Forerunner as an inital installation, or perhaps their retreat. If anything, it may have been their main control, and perhaps place for harboring life after their extinction.

The Flood, nobody covers this topic much; if Halo WAS a weapon designed to combat the flood, as stated by GS in Halo 1, then why didn't it wipe out all of the flood? Were the containment protocols so strong that the blasts from even the seven couldn't even penetrate them?

So if this is a possibility, do you believe that the Forerunner built a containment for humans on earth? If so, then there may be your link as to how we (humans) are descendants of the great Forerunner.

Now as for the Halo's, I have not nearly enough information gathered in my dome to confine any probable ideas.

And as in the past, most of my speculations are not correct.

The new AdjutantReflex may be a monitor, may be AI, may even just be fiction. I would like to see Bungie stop wasting their time and start working on the grand Halo story, that would cover the whole canon. Yeah, it may not be possible in a feasable time, or perhaps even sane. But sure, Bungie now has the power to answer any questions in a video game. I mean, look they're owned by the fat software giant that's richer than the spoiled kid down the street. They can do anything it seems. So why not cover a larger portion of our beloved universe: Halo?
About your flood subject. I do not think the--oh, let's refer to it as a "blast" since we (or I) don't really know what the Halos do when activated--was meant to destroy the flood along with all other sentient beings. Like was stated somewhere in the first Halo, Halo was designed to destroy all potential hosts for the flood, to effectively starve them. The only question remaining is what kept them alive for so long?

JDMFSeanP
June 13th, 2007, 07:52 PM
I believe they where in a sort of idle hibernation.

My question is why teh forerunners even kept them there at all.

Warsaw
June 13th, 2007, 10:33 PM
And because Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, etc. are usually used to refer to organized fighting units (be it one person or many, including vehicles), objectives, or way points. Seeing that the Halos are scientific findings (yay for ONI spooks), it makes more logical sense that they be given Greek names.

Pooky
June 14th, 2007, 01:06 AM
one time when i was playing mario i ate a mushroom then i started seeing deep hidden meanings in everything

Boba
June 14th, 2007, 03:30 AM
I just got an email ("Look for the signs, the keepers of the flame"):

HISTORY CIRCLING
BACK UPON US.
The gears of the Universe spin further
and further apart.
Ever greater grows the gulf between souls,

And distance gives false hope of safety
But for the grim tidings this messenger bears:

The enemy is almost upon us (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:ol%28%27http://email.xbox.com/a/hBGcPWIAlyE0uBNJo1GA8FuZMbL/xbox5%27%29;)
Closing in from all sides,
Moving faster than the light
it snuffs with its passage,
Time echoes with the news of destruction.
History winding back upon itself.

Waves of an army march this way in unison, Suffering and corruption are its battle cries.
For I have known this darkness
and felt its embrace once before-
Horror best laid to rest

Yet a Journey must commence (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:ol%28%27http://email.xbox.com/a/hBGcPWIAlyE0uBNJo1GA8FuZMbL/xbox5%27%29;)
Look for the signs, the keepers of the flame.
They will lead you to war, and perhaps, to victory.
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6901/pictureic2.th.png (http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6996/picturegh1.png)

Warsaw
June 14th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Yeah, that was basically to be expected. Almost a given. That's no no news to me. Nice catch though. :)

Zeph
June 14th, 2007, 10:25 AM

I dunno, maybe something about that cleansing flame burning a divine path into the great beyond being more akin to a literal flame?

edit: And I got the email as well from xbox.com

Elite Killa
June 14th, 2007, 10:27 AM
For fear of delving into an old issue, here it is: link (http://www.gamerandy.com/archives/draft4.pdf)

Don't accept it as anything but a decent and insanely long fanfiction: bungie declared it fake nearly immediately in 2005ish when it came out.

However, it utilizes some amusing ideas that seem more interesting now that we've seen more info regarding Halo 3. Worth testing some theories against it. However, it probably won't help much, so we should stick with the known info.
I read through that script and it says that the Arbiter will "Use the scarab to eliminate the covenant army's onslaught". Cool.

Boba
June 14th, 2007, 07:52 PM
They'd never let you drive a Scarab of a Capital Ship. Ever.

Kornman00
June 15th, 2007, 06:57 AM
I dunno, maybe something about that cleansing flame burning a divine path into the great beyond being more akin to a literal flame?

edit: And I got the email as well from xbox.com
Propaganda mumbo jumbo there zeph. And yet they had the humans still at that time...because the humans where the first to the index...so your reasoning still doesn't hold.

klange
June 15th, 2007, 10:12 AM
It's not all that hard to understand the essence of the Halo storyline line.
99,455 years ago the Forerunners decided they had to activate the Halos. But, the humans had to live. Earth had to survive (and possibly, just speculating here, but possibly other planets as well), so they built the Ark. The Ark to protect the species of Earth from the Flood. Then they activated the Halos.
Speculations can go from there. Were the Forerunners in the Ark? How does the Ark work? Where did the Flood originate? That's what we can speculate. But the Ark being built to protect Earth is painfully obvious.

IPBJT!
June 15th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Server #1, Status: Locked (http://halo3.com)
this is a lot more interesting now...

klange
June 15th, 2007, 11:50 AM
The countdown timer on 206.16.223.65 is in Base 7 and is countdown to the summer solstice on June 21st.

Xetsuei
June 16th, 2007, 02:35 PM
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=11314735

New post.

EDIT: Look at the time it was posted, 3:43 PM. =o

Kornman00
June 16th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Xetsuei™;83909']http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=11314735

New post.

EDIT: Look at the time it was posted, 3:43 PM. =o
umm, kinda old :/

http://args.bungie.org/index.php

MithosK
June 17th, 2007, 03:47 AM

Simple my good man, let us assume that during the prophets 'questioning' of GS, they learned Halo's true purpose and of the Ark, OR, they have always know Halo's true purpose and hid it beneath a false religion. Either way, the prophets get it into their heads that they can activate the rings, remove all sentiant life, and rule the galaxy (or some such, I'm not an expert on the workings of a giant space slugs brain)

So the prophets send Mr. Mohawk off to activate the rings, while they run off to where they will be safe from the rings effects, the Ark, aka, Earth.

This would explain a few things, such as;
1. Why did the prophets leave Tartarus to activate the ring? Being the religious figureheads that they are, THEY should be the ones activating it, or atleast BE there.
~Because if THEY activated it, they would be killed
2. Why would the prophets go to Earth to 'finish what they started'? If the great journey is what they believe it is, then the humans would simply be left behind, why risk them selves in battle if salvation is so close at hand?
~Because they know what the Halo's will do, they want to get to Earth/Ark and be protected
3. Why did Truth order Tartarus to leave Mercy behind? Surely the two seconds it takes to kill an infection form wouldn't cause the end of the world, why leave him to die?
~Either because Truth wanted to get to safety as soon as possible/before Tartarus activates the rings, just in case the rings effect slip-space as well, or because he doesn't want to share ruler ship with Mercy, possibly both

teh lag
June 17th, 2007, 07:27 AM
I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but Mercy's line, "And this time.... none of you will be left behind," raises a point or two. He is implying that "you" (the humans) were "left behind." The same term is used when Truth says to the future Arbiter "the weight of your heresy will stay your feet... and you shall be left behind [on the great journey]." Could Mercy be making a reference to how Humanity survived the "Great Journey" of the Forerunners? It could be that he knows that going on the journey kills everyone, and means that the humans will not survive this firing.

It is also possible that he does not know that Halo's firing really does kill everything, (which would be unlikely, considering he and Truth probed 343GS - that fact would be bound to come up at some point.) and for some reason or another means the Humans are now "allowed" to join the Covenant on the Great Journey. Perhaps this leads to another element of the plot - why the Covenant hates humanity. Perhaps they know that we were "left behind" on the "Journey" of the Forerunners, and therefore are inferior and unfit to be living on their worlds?

He also says "Earth... to finish what we started," when John asks him where Truth is going. Does Truth know that the Ark can activate all the Halos? Or does he mean that Truth will "finish" the war with the Humans?

Elite Killa
June 17th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Does Truth know that the Ark can activate all the Halos? Or does he mean that Truth will "finish" the war with the Humans?
I'm guessing that ever since the Covenant formed, the wanted to start the "Great Journey". They probably knew where the Ark was on Earth before the war even started but they weren't able to find it. Until MC was being followed by the Covenant after 04 was destroyed. Now that they know where Earth is, Truth won't let anything stop him now to get at the Ark. I'm only speculating, however.

JDMFSeanP
June 17th, 2007, 02:30 PM
I believe that is also why they "betrayed" the elites, the brutes are people they didn't care about and don't mind if they die with the ring, and I think they know that the elites will be able to survive.

MithosK
June 17th, 2007, 04:36 PM
I believe that is also why they "betrayed" the elites, the brutes are people they didn't care about and don't mind if they die with the ring, and I think they know that the elites will be able to survive.
Or they felt that, as the heretics had shown, the Eiltes could be swayed from the religious path, where as the brutes have proven to be stubbornly dedicated to the religion despite all facts to the contrary

Kornman00
June 17th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Too much muscle, not enough brain matter....

Guess that explains the lack of infected brutes :-3

Chronos
June 17th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Got that email as well!

Kornman00
June 18th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Was it really necessary to repost that...

Chronos
June 18th, 2007, 05:43 AM
There you go, sorry about that Kornman.

Dole
June 18th, 2007, 10:06 AM
2401/343 = 7
2401*7 = 16807
I've been aware of the sequence of exponents of seven since early 2005. I mean where did that kid find the number in association with Adjuntant Reflex. I don't see it anywhere. :confused:

That is very true. Maybe the Ark is really a Halo that the Earth was build around, effectively burying it.
A ring around the Earth that passes through Kenya... The Equator? :)
New Mombasa, and thus the structure in the E3 Trailer, are right along that line.

thehoodedsmack
June 18th, 2007, 02:27 PM
I've been aware of the sequence of exponents of seven since early 2005. I mean where did that kid find the number in association with Adjuntant Reflex. I don't see it anywhere. :confused:

No idea. I belive he just assumed because he had no relevant information to post.

Terry
June 18th, 2007, 03:38 PM
The timer sped up. Most likely tomorrow morning.

Roostervier
June 18th, 2007, 03:41 PM
A ring around the Earth that passes through Kenya... The Equator? :)
New Mombasa, and thus the structure in the E3 Trailer, are right along that line.
You forgotted teh Prime Meridian mister :rolleyes:
That would mean two rings.

I still don't think they'd build the Earth around a ring... just make it a shield planet like Onyx =p, that's what I would do.

Kornman00
June 18th, 2007, 05:18 PM
The timer sped up. Most likely tomorrow morning.
from what I get, its not really going faster:
http://args.bungie.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=342

Chronos
June 19th, 2007, 09:43 AM
That avatar, It does look like the ark from a top view.. To me that is..
Could explain how the elder in the comic painted it.

Did anyone see this before..? -Or am I getting extremely paranoid now?

Roostervier
June 19th, 2007, 05:06 PM
http://206.16.223.65/
The timer stopped at this point: 001 012 034 053

1+12+34+53=100
If you make these coordinates(1.12, 34.53), it takes you to a mountain in Uganda not far from Voi. Voi is mentioned in the Halo 2 Sound Track, "En Road to Voi."

Boba
June 19th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Has anyone overlayed the emblem over the map of the Mombasa/Voi area? <_<

teh lag
June 19th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Voi is mentioned in the Halo 2 Sound Track, "En Road to Voi."

That song also happens to have several similarities to the Halo 3 Announce Trailer music.

Dole
June 19th, 2007, 07:10 PM
What timer?

Roostervier
June 19th, 2007, 07:40 PM
http://206.16.223.65/
The timer stopped at this point: 001 012 034 053

1+12+34+53=100
If you make these coordinates(1.12, 34.53), it takes you to a mountain in Uganda not far from Voi. Voi is mentioned in the Halo 2 Sound Track, "En Road to Voi."
Sorry for self quote, but I put the link right at the top. It was at 003(I'm referring to the front set of numbers) earlier this morning around 10, it kept going down, then suddenly stopped.

Kornman00
June 20th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Also, I remember there being a debate a while back about alpha and delta halo:

in the halo 2 vista tag set, they even include tags that spill the beans:
sound\ambience\alphagasgiant\

So...yeah

Roostervier
June 20th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Also, I remember there being a debate a while back about alpha and delta halo:

in the halo 2 vista tag set, they even include tags that spill the beans:
sound\ambience\alphagasgiant\

So...yeah
I'm pretty sure that that is from the arbiter level... I don't know that as a fact, so don't take my word for it. It has always just been something I've thought.

teh lag
June 20th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Alphagasgiant == The Arbiter/Oracle. There's alot of neat tidbits in tags.
Like (warning : semi-spoiler) earth_ark_open.sound in either QZ or Sacred Icon.

Roostervier
June 20th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Alphagasgiant == The Arbiter/Oracle. There's alot of neat tidbits in tags.
Like (warning : semi-spoiler) earth_ark_open.sound in either QZ or Sacred Icon.
I knew it D:! Thanks for at least clearing that up, and interesting spoiler.

Dole
June 20th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Hmm... why would it already have such a label as early as Halo 2? (in resonse to the spoiler)

thehoodedsmack
June 20th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Hmm... why would it already have such a label as early as Halo 2? (in resonse to the spoiler)

Probably because Bungie doesn't just make this stuff up as they go along. They have a plan, and perhaps the Ark was originally intended to be included briefly in Halo 2.

Rentafence
June 20th, 2007, 10:41 PM
http://206.16.223.61/E5h2JK/flash/web/index.html

I clicked on the little circles on the "array" and it gave me a txt file called array recorder data, and another circle saved an image called star image1. Another circle gave another image, and another gave more text. The last circle played a message in the browser. The final circle that plays the browser message containts the same text as the transscript, as well as some fuzzy images that quickly pop up. I spotted 343 Guilty Spark

Halo array –System Data Recorder

[<array-sdr.> 3 minutes 5 seconds]
{c-match-reconfirmed}. Sphere secure to .1889 of passing fleet. Offensive tactics confirmed.
Feint tactics in limited push.
<Array sync commence>
Sys//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////{online}
Index: {check}
{D-com} There is no peace left. No place where the parasite cannot reach. You were right about it
all. Let us hope the final measure is not too late.

[<array-sdr.> 1 minutes 12 seconds]
Confrm: Array burn radium {check} 3.0
Confrm: Array sync …1…2…3…4…5…6…7…{check}
Commence…_{ }

[<array-sdr.> 60 seconds]
Commence…_{check}
Confrm: -00-00-00-59-0999-
{c-match-line-hold} acceptable losses confirmed
{D-com} It's done. By my hands. The pyrrhic solution is ignited. All I have left is the quiet of
space to lull me to sleep. I will dream of you.

[<array-sdr.> 49 seconds]
Authorize -00-00-00-48-0999-
Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array
Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_
Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array
Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_{check}

[<array-sdr.> 23 seconds]
fire: -00-00-00-22-0999-
Confrm: wpnt {auth}
Core sequence <&#37;> <%>

[<array-sdr.> 11 seconds]
fire: -00-00-00-10-0999-
{c-match-burn} effectiveness of enemy core fleet negligible
{D-com} I feel no peril.

[<array-sdr.> 5 seconds]
fire: -00-00-00-04-0999-
<enter reversion sequence to deactivate>
{D-com} No pain. No remorse. Is that normal?

[<array-sdr.> 0 seconds]
fire: -00-00-00-00-0001-
Reversion Sequence…{negative}
Array Authorized…_{Activate}
Rings online…_{Activate}
<Fire>

[<array-sdr.> 7 seconds]
+00+00+00+07+0001+
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
--------------------------------------------------------
Transscript

THIS IS MY FINAL ENTRY, AND I AM LEFT WITH ONE HOPE
THAT ONE DAY, SOMEONE, ANYONE IS AROUND TO WITNESS THIS WARNING
{//}
KNOW THAT A THOUSAND OTHER PLANS WERE TRIED AND FAILED
{//}
KNOW THAT ENERGETIC AND TENACIOUS AS LIFE IS
IT HAS AN ANTITHESIS JUST AS POWERFUL
IT IS THAT THING THAT WE MUST OBLITERATE

Heres the star image

http://www.maj.com/gallery/rentafence/Misc/starimage1.jpg

Second image

http://www.maj.com/gallery/rentafence/Misc/slide_ref070107.jpg

Dole
June 20th, 2007, 11:00 PM
What the hell is going on here? Where is all of this coming from?

Terry
June 20th, 2007, 11:01 PM

Bungie originally wanted to finish the story but Microsoft forced a timeframe on them and they had to cut it short. Atleast, that is what I hear.

Rentafence
June 20th, 2007, 11:04 PM
What the hell is going on here? Where is all of this coming from?

A friend of mine found that link on the B.net forums, and I figured out the rest. Thats all I know.
Seemed relevant so I thought I would post.

Dole
June 20th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Whoa, I just checked the forums, and there's so much material. I still never found that timer... I'm assuming it was on the homepage of the Halo3.com flashsite, where the server statuses are now posted?

On the forums, they also had everything organized into an Alternate Reality Game Wiki, but it's since been blocked. There's also some funky shit goin' on with the Society of the Ancients? (probably Bungie interns ;P)
Lots of stuff here: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=11285162

As of yet though, I still am confused as to who received the emails that Boba and Zeph got from XBox.com and why they got them... and where the number "16807" got attached to Adjuntant Reflex about ten pages back.

Edit: Found a Wikipedia article about the campaign, entitiled "Iris" (Chrysopteron, Greek for "Golden Winged", Hera's messenger). (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iris_&#37;28game%29)

Also, don't miss out on thie Halo 3 comic: http://www.halo3.com/comic/

Kornman00
June 21st, 2007, 12:23 AM
http://args.bungie.org/

thats all you need ^

Xetsuei
June 21st, 2007, 12:30 AM
I don't know if anyone has brought this up but when you go to http://206.16.223.61/E5h2JK/flash/web/index.html and go to the country and enter birth date, it goes to this page were this ... thing comes up and is spinning in front of you. Any ideas to what it is?

EDIT: It's giving me shivers. :x

Dole
June 21st, 2007, 01:25 AM
We know about that already, that was the subject of Rentafence's huge post. All the little tidbits of information he posted can be downloaded by clicking the glyphs on that Array. Click the Array to stop the spinning, and then you can rotate it at your leisure to click the circular glyphs on the sides (they will light up when the cursor moves over them).

Also, if you click and hold the Array and pull the cursor to the far corner of the screen and back, you can move the Array up and down the hallway, although I'm not sure what that's supposed to reveal, if anything.

Roostervier
June 21st, 2007, 09:50 AM
http://206.16.223.61/E5h2JK/flash/web/index.html

I clicked on the little circles on the "array" and it gave me a txt file called array recorder data, and another circle saved an image called star image1. Another circle gave another image, and another gave more text. The last circle played a message in the browser. The final circle that plays the browser message containts the same text as the transscript, as well as some fuzzy images that quickly pop up. I spotted 343 Guilty Spark

Halo array –System Data Recorder

[<array-sdr.> 3 minutes 5 seconds]
{c-match-reconfirmed}. Sphere secure to .1889 of passing fleet. Offensive tactics confirmed.
Feint tactics in limited push.
<Array sync commence>
Sys//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////{online}
Index: {check}
{D-com} There is no peace left. No place where the parasite cannot reach. You were right about it
all. Let us hope the final measure is not too late.

[<array-sdr.> 1 minutes 12 seconds]
Confrm: Array burn radium {check} 3.0
Confrm: Array sync …1…2…3…4…5…6…7…{check}
Commence…_{ }

[<array-sdr.> 60 seconds]
Commence…_{check}
Confrm: -00-00-00-59-0999-
{c-match-line-hold} acceptable losses confirmed
{D-com} It's done. By my hands. The pyrrhic solution is ignited. All I have left is the quiet of
space to lull me to sleep. I will dream of you.

[<array-sdr.> 49 seconds]
Authorize -00-00-00-48-0999-
Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_
Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_{check}

[<array-sdr.> 23 seconds]
fire: -00-00-00-22-0999-
Confrm: wpnt {auth}
Core sequence <&#37;> <%>

[<array-sdr.> 11 seconds]
fire: -00-00-00-10-0999-
{c-match-burn} effectiveness of enemy core fleet negligible
{D-com} I feel no peril.

[<array-sdr.> 5 seconds]
fire: -00-00-00-04-0999-
<enter reversion sequence to deactivate>
{D-com} No pain. No remorse. Is that normal?

[<array-sdr.> 0 seconds]
fire: -00-00-00-00-0001-
Reversion Sequence…{negative}
Array Authorized…_{Activate}
Rings online…_{Activate}
<Fire>

[<array-sdr.> 7 seconds]
+00+00+00+07+0001+
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
reset…………………………..
--------------------------------------------------------
Transscript

{//}
{//}

Heres the star image

http://www.maj.com/gallery/rentafence/Misc/starimage1.jpg

Second image

http://www.maj.com/gallery/rentafence/Misc/slide_ref070107.jpg

There is also a glyph you can click (in the US version, so far I know the Canadians just get a .txt file) that shows a movie type thing. It is quite interesting. Also, if you notice, one server is open, and the glyph that looked like ARs is high lighted. Now that AR is "dead" maybe there are 4 other AI yet to have been "killed." A light for each of them.

[edit]
http://media.putfile.com/new-things-49
That is the sound played backwards that you hear in that server! You can make out a lot of words actually. ARG is starting to get creepy :X

Also, this is the text from that little video thing:

IF YOU ARE THAT WITNESS, AND IT SEEMS THAT WE PINNED ALL OF OUR HOPES ON THIS SINGLE SUICIDAL PLAN
MILLIONS OF BRAVE AND HONORED SOULS DIED TRYING TO AVERT THIS DESPERATE,
TERRIBLE SOLUTION

Dole
June 21st, 2007, 12:33 PM
Wow, how'd you catch the text that flies by? I coudn't even take a printscreen that fast.
What a shame that the only word I managed to notice was "suicidal." Ah, the dynamics of subliminal messaging...

However, I think I spotted another frame of text that flashes onscreen before it says "THAT ONE DAY, SOMEONE, ANYONE IS AROUND, etc."

Roostervier
June 21st, 2007, 01:35 PM
Well, most of it was already in a text file(some log, it's on one of the glyphs for DL), but I re-watched then recorded it and stopped it on those parts =p.

Warsaw
June 21st, 2007, 07:56 PM
That audio file is almost poetic. Very Stargate SG-1 stylized...almost sounds like a Goa'uld.

Dole
June 21st, 2007, 08:28 PM
Some of the words are hard to understand. :?

Con
June 21st, 2007, 09:25 PM
Do you guys think that the forerunners could just be humans who at some point far into the future were about to be wiped out by the flood and traveled back in time to long before humans existed in the first place? They would have built the rings to prevent themselves from being wiped out in the future, but something must have happened and the covenant formed from this travel back in time. What i'm saying is what if humans evolve into the prophets, who travel into the past to create the rings, but something happens in order for them to change and start the covenant, but they see the humans as a threat to their goal. Or maybe the prophets really do know that the rings would kill all the sentient life, and that's been their plan ever since they traveled into the past--to activate the halos under the guise of a religious quest and to kill the flood to save their future timeline...

KennyownsU
June 21st, 2007, 09:27 PM
Do you guys think that the forerunners could just be humans who at some point far into the future were about to be wiped out by the flood and traveled back in time to long before humans existed in the first place? They would have built the rings to prevent themselves from being wiped out in the future, but something must have happened and the covenant formed from this travel back in time. What i'm saying is what if humans evolve into the prophets, who travel into the past to create the rings, but something happens in order for them to change and start the covenant, but they see the humans as a threat to their goal. Or maybe the prophets really do know that the rings would kill all the sentient life, and that's been their plan ever since they traveled into the past--to activate the halos under the guise of a religious quest and to kill the flood to save their future timeline...

Ouch, my brain hurts! X(

thehoodedsmack
June 21st, 2007, 09:30 PM
^
^ O RLY?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/thehoodedsmack/pstp.jpg

Sounds too complicated.

Roostervier
June 21st, 2007, 10:15 PM
"This is how it all begins.
Just in time to once again dance on the knife edge of oblivion.
To relive what the halos have hoped to destroy and more.
For 2 enemies now stand where before there was only one.
The fate we escaped, the fate we may re-live.
I almost convinced myself that noone was listening.
That the waves of the past had rolled through once again.
But a chance remains to change the universe anew
LEARN FROM OUR PAST.
take these keys and drink from the wells of history.
perhaps through others eyes you may find how to save us all"That is what my friend got out of that sound file. It seems to mostly be true, seeing as how it makes sense, and he doesn't speak the best English and that looks much better than what he'd write by himself. It is beyond me how he heard all of that. Unless of course he got it from b.net or some place that I don't regularly visit :X

Con
June 21st, 2007, 10:20 PM
sounds like he is talking to the humans

Dole
June 21st, 2007, 10:39 PM
Or maybe the prophets really do know that the rings would kill all the sentient life, and that's been their plan ever since they traveled into the past--to activate the halos under the guise of a religious quest and to kill the flood to save their future timeline...
What the hell are they supposed to gain from that?

Roostervier
June 21st, 2007, 11:31 PM
What the hell are they supposed to gain from that?

Though, that doesn't make sense, because if they activate the rings and end up killing themselves, they don't really have a future any more, do they? D:

Reaper Man
June 21st, 2007, 11:37 PM
0_o I opened the array thing. Has anybody else managed this? Probably <_<... It just displays a message that I can't be bothered to write down.
Edit: it has a txt file with the message:

{//}
{//}
IT IS THAT THING THAT WE MUST OBLITERATEAlso, for some reason, when I open the star image in photoshop, it draws a grid over it
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9656/untitled1gp4.jpg
Also, according to the file info, it was made in photoshop cs2 for mac [cue dramatic music]
The side ref is copyrighted to (c) S. Lowry /univ Ulster

thehoodedsmack
June 22nd, 2007, 06:14 AM
^ Forerunners used macs? Oi, that'll blow some mac-vs-pc debates sky high...

Dole
June 22nd, 2007, 11:11 AM
0_o I opened the array thing. Has anybody else managed this? Probably <_<... It just displays a message that I can't be bothered to write down.
Edit: it has a txt file with the message:
The full message: http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=86400&postcount=126

Warsaw
June 22nd, 2007, 12:01 PM
Wasn't that already posted? I believe so.

Lightning
June 22nd, 2007, 12:19 PM
I know it's been posted:

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/2134/slideref070107kk4.jpg

That looks really familiar for some reason...
*shrugs*

Pred1ator
June 22nd, 2007, 07:15 PM
jesus you guys take halo 3 so seriously, its just a game...when it comes out just beat it and get on with your lives, all of this stuff was to make fans go crazy and try to solve a question that has no answer to it.

Warsaw
June 22nd, 2007, 07:32 PM
Which is half the fun.

Elite Killa
June 22nd, 2007, 08:06 PM
jesus you guys take halo 3 so seriously, its just a game...when it comes out just beat it and get on with your lives, all of this stuff was to make fans go crazy and try to solve a question that has no answer to it.
But this is what makes the Halo series so legendary, so spectacular, so much of the spine-chilling thrills that await us. If the series never had this kind of campaign, then the Halo series would be like any other boring game. This is what distinguishes itself from other video games.

Con
June 22nd, 2007, 10:53 PM
Yeah guys, it's pointless to try and use your head every so often. I'm going to go watch some TV with pred.

Dole
June 22nd, 2007, 11:33 PM
:lmao: @ Pred's sig.

Pred1ator
June 22nd, 2007, 11:54 PM
:lmao: @ Pred's sig.

one down... thousand more members to go :)

Pooky
June 23rd, 2007, 04:32 AM
I dont care much about Reputation, this forum is about Halo 2 Vista, not +Reps or -Reps

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/3912/untitledks9.png

I think someone cares about rep :rolleyes:

DaneO'Roo
June 23rd, 2007, 04:52 AM
Is it just me, or do each of those 5 "server" things look slightly different to each other? They kinda look like they'd all fit together and form something.

Rosco
June 23rd, 2007, 05:51 AM

Yeah, because I'm so sure you're a GEEKNERDFAGGOT if you would like to solve an interesting puzzle on tubes.

People get on with their lives pred, they just enjoy a fucking break every now and then.

You cant tell people to live life, they live it the way they bloody well want.

Pred1ator
June 23rd, 2007, 08:26 AM
Yeah, because I'm so sure you're a GEEKNERDFAGGOT if you would like to solve an interesting puzzle on tubes.

People get on with their lives pred, they just enjoy a fucking break every now and then.

You cant tell people to live life, they live it the way they bloody well want.

ok just saying, have fun solving a puzzle geek :)

Con
June 23rd, 2007, 09:41 AM
You really don't need to start insulting.

Dole
June 23rd, 2007, 10:09 AM
Is it just me, or do each of those 5 "server" things look slightly different to each other? They kinda look like they'd all fit together and form something.
I noticed that they were different, but I thought just for individuality and to maintain the significance of each one in itself.
I didn't even consider that they might fit into each other, I'll check that out.

Con
June 23rd, 2007, 10:19 AM
They're just silhouettes of different angles of the same robot.

Pred1ator
June 23rd, 2007, 10:50 AM
You really don't need to start insulting.

but Rosco insulted me :( go yell at him

Con
June 23rd, 2007, 11:04 AM
two wrongs dont make a right, gosh. :eng101:

klange
June 23rd, 2007, 11:25 AM
They're just silhouettes of different angles of the same robot.
No, I don't think they are. Also, I don't think they're 'robots' of any sort. I think they're just devices.
They all look very different, and from rotating that one that we can see, it doesn't appear that others match up. Plus, they've got to have different information on them, right?

Rosco
June 23rd, 2007, 11:51 AM

Seeing as I couldn't care less about an infraction, and that you don't post anymore.

Fuck you and your retarded theories.

The guys you are calling geeks are probably alot older then you, infact I doubt you're older than anyone here.

If you want people to go live their lives, then why don't you go get fucking laid if you are apparently living your life.

You know, you always contradict yourself on not caring, if you didnt care about rep, why did you PM snaf in a huge arguement. If you were just saying, then why did you insist calling me a geek. Fuck off and go shit up pc.org's forums.

Terry
June 23rd, 2007, 01:34 PM
As much as he makes you angry, I think you might be going a slight bit overboard.

Rosco
June 23rd, 2007, 03:03 PM
I beg to differ, but there are things I can't express.

DaneO'Roo
June 23rd, 2007, 07:16 PM

have fun commenting on an internet forum, geek

you lose

Warsaw
June 23rd, 2007, 07:23 PM
^That post was win.

So, where were we? Different angles of the silhouettes of robots that may actually not be robots? Yes? Good then, on we go.

Stormwing
June 23rd, 2007, 10:15 PM
This is kinda unrelated to the current subject, but

Also, don't miss out on thie Halo 3 comic: http://www.halo3.com/comic/
see those flying robots...see one (http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/img_4646944.html) creeping up behind the Chief maybe? :O

Con
June 23rd, 2007, 11:06 PM
Looks too cylindrical to be the one in the h3 comic

Stormwing
June 23rd, 2007, 11:24 PM
true, but the comic style is rather sketchy and the lines and shading are not very defined...

still, what else is that wide, has the triple sam-fisher-style light arrangement, lil robotic arm thingies beneath it, along with other notable design aspects?

still terribly similar if you ask me.
http://www.maj.com/gallery/Solarix/Random/temot43gr.pnghttp://www.maj.com/gallery/Solarix/Random/tempworgk.png

Dole
June 23rd, 2007, 11:38 PM
see those flying robots...see one (http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/img_4646944.html) creeping up behind the Chief maybe? :O
By Jove, you've got it man!

Lachaim, where'd you find this?

They're sideways in the comic. I thought they were kinda flying-saucer'd in shape, too... but the cylinder design fits just the same.

Stormwing
June 23rd, 2007, 11:39 PM
By Jove, you've got it man!

Lachaim, where'd you find this?
IGN's massive upload of the pictures in the Zune H3 edition.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/imgs_1.html

my pic is from the last one on the first page.

itszutak
June 23rd, 2007, 11:46 PM
I just thought they were Enforcers. :/

TeeKup
June 24th, 2007, 06:41 PM
They look nothing like enforcers >_>.

They look like they could pose a problem situation if they happen to debut in the game.