PDA

View Full Version : Openseas beta

Sel
June 12th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Well I came up with a new idea (and half my beta testers stole it <_<) but anyway, heres what occupied my time for three weeks.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=2843

My fourth map. I feel skilled >:D

SMASH
June 12th, 2007, 06:08 PM
My fourth map. I feel skilled >:D

Wow, ego much? It's quality not quantity and from what I'm seeing, you can tell it's not a first map but it is no where near a "skilled" level. I can't stand bad UVs and ugly shaped boxy buildings. It's totally against the design and feel of halo.

When you make something that rivals Grove, Wartorn Cove, Cliffhanger, or any of the other great maps that come out, you can call yourself skilled.

Keep trying.

ExAm
June 12th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Well said, Smash.

You should post some pics to incite downloads. Never exclude pictures just because you want people to have to download it to see it. Type -screenshot in the target line for your Halo CE shortcut, and press the printscreen key while ingame. The shots will be saved to your Halo CE Screenshots folder.

Elite Killa
June 13th, 2007, 08:23 AM
A bit n00bish, don't you think?

SMASH
June 13th, 2007, 12:05 PM
http://hce.halomaps.org/images/files/sm/3screenshot00-63.jpg
http://hce.halomaps.org/images/files/sm/4screenshot00-50.jpg (http://hce.halomaps.org/images/files/sm/4screenshot00-50.jpg)

Like I said, looks ok, but not great.
(http://hce.halomaps.org/images/files/sm/4screenshot00-50.jpg)

SnaFuBAR
June 13th, 2007, 12:51 PM
no, it's terrible. i can't easily identify anything besides grass. dedicate more time to modeling tutorials and practicing, because that right there is totally unacceptable. i have 0&#37; faith in your vehicle model now.

TeeKup
June 13th, 2007, 12:58 PM
no, it's terrible. i can't easily identify anything besides grass. dedicate more time to modeling tutorials and practicing, because that right there is totally unacceptable. i have 0% faith in your vehicle model now.

Don't take this as an insult. Snafubar is an extremely experianced member here who's been with us for a while. Listen well to his advice.

Hunter
June 13th, 2007, 02:56 PM
holy fuck, have u even UVW'ed the textured. looks to me like you have just dumped them on and left them. it could be modeled good i dont know because i cant tell. You really need to UVW map the textures.

Sel
June 13th, 2007, 03:38 PM
holy fuck, have u even UVW'ed the textured. looks to me like you have just dumped them on and left them. it could be modeled good i dont know because i cant tell. You really need to UVW map the textures.

I did UVW it.

I used box, is there a better one?

SMASH
June 13th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Planes are more accurate. UVW each side individually and that should make all you're errors go away.

Sel
June 13th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Planes are more accurate. UVW each side individually and that should make all you're errors go away.

Ok ill try that, thanks.

SnaFuBAR
June 13th, 2007, 06:23 PM
don't waste time re-uv'ing this map. learn to model first.

Sel
June 13th, 2007, 08:47 PM
don't waste time re-uv'ing this map. learn to model first.

Either way I figure it, you werent always a god at modeling. <_<

So if you want to offer your help go ahead, but stop pestering me over not being as good at modeling as you are.

thehoodedsmack
June 13th, 2007, 08:50 PM

So if you want to offer your help go ahead, but stop pestering me over not being as good at modeling as you are.

He's not saying you're worse than he is. Everyone can already see that, and Snaf's talk isn't cheap. He's saying that if you even want your map to be possible considered of being taken seriously, you need to get better modelling skills.

ExAm
June 13th, 2007, 08:53 PM
In other words, don't re-release this map without redoing the modeling completely. Make it look good.

Lightning
June 13th, 2007, 10:49 PM
I did UVW it.

Manual.

Pred1ator
June 14th, 2007, 09:15 PM
map looks cool imo its not terrible it just has some errors

and snaf remember..you were a sucky modeller once....

SnaFuBAR
June 14th, 2007, 09:40 PM
map looks cool imo its not terrible it just has some errors
you must be totally clueless.

and snaf remember..you were a sucky modeller once....
i din't release trash thinking i was hot shit.

Pred1ator
June 14th, 2007, 10:03 PM
where does it say i thought it was hot shit? did you even see the screen shot of the ghost skin in good graphics with some shader edits? if not thar is a "halodx" thread on halomods in the pc section. i suggest you download it to see the pure of it ingame

SnaFuBAR
June 14th, 2007, 10:07 PM
i didn't say you thought you were hot shit. we've also already covered the topic of your ghost skin :rolleyes:

Agamemnon
June 15th, 2007, 02:14 PM
where does it say i thought it was hot shit?
Oh, I think we got the picture when you joined these forums to troll Dano and every time he posted some work of his skins.

Dole
June 15th, 2007, 10:02 PM

He is aware of that; for as good as he is, he has yet to release any maps.
He takes care and pride in his work.

where does it say i thought it was hot shit?
You didn't release the map. :O

"My fourth map. I feel skilled >:D"

Apoc4lypse
July 10th, 2007, 10:07 PM
I did UVW it.

yes, uvwunwraping....

EDIT: Sorry for the bump... didnt realize how old this was XD sry.

Ki11a_FTW
July 13th, 2007, 09:37 PM
:bandwagon:

jk,

one month, not as bad as some otheres :gonk:

Btd69
July 14th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Oh hai.