PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell: Conviction

Xegrot
June 13th, 2007, 12:39 AM
http://splintercell.us.ubi.com/conviction/video/video.php

It ain't just a rumor anymore. I had heard a while back when I got Double Agent that this was in progress, but I didn't really believe it. But now, I'm stoked. This has been one of my favorite video game series, and hopefully, when this one's release, it'll be awesome. It's late now, so I'm off to sleep...

Discuss.

Mr Buckshot
June 13th, 2007, 12:43 AM
I'm buying this for whichever system (PC or X360) has fewer technical issues :P

I own all the splinter cell games except double agent (have yet to buy it), and I love them. The slow pacing and heavy emphasis on stealth means they're not for everyone though. People who prefer fast run-n-gun shooters probably won't like splinter cell.

By the way, Fisher really needs the ability to use other people's weapons if he runs out of ammo. An AK-47 is not a stealthy gun but it can mean the difference between life and death.

Warsaw
June 13th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Guess what? Splinter Cell: Double Agent and Splinter Cell: Conviction are not slow-paced games, and you can't hide in the shadows if SC:C. You have to blend in with the crowd, and you don't have gadgets or vision goggles anymore.

SC:C is a totally ruined Splinter Cell. It doesn't look or play like the others. Kiss all your hard earned stealth skills good-bye.

Atty
June 13th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Warsaw, I'm glad you've played the game so you can make such a bold statement.

I trust the studio working on the game to make it excellent, we'll have to wait and see but I think it'll be fine. :)

et_cg
June 13th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Guess what? Splinter Cell: Double Agent and Splinter Cell: Conviction are not slow-paced games, and you can't hide in the shadows if SC:C. You have to blend in with the crowd, and you don't have gadgets or vision goggles anymore.

SC:C is a totally ruined Splinter Cell. It doesn't look or play like the others. Kiss all your hard earned stealth skills good-bye.

Ahh, I know what you're saying. :sarcasm:

I think what you mean is:

Guess what? Splinter Cell: Double Agent and Splinter Cell: Conviction are not slow-paced games, and I dont k now if you can hide in the shadows if SC:C. You might have to blend in with the crowd, and you might not have gadgets or vision goggles anymore. Or, get the chance to holster such equipment.

SC:C may proove or loose Splinter Cell. It doesn't look or play like the others, but it might be promising. Will we miss the earned stealth skills of it's previous genre? Hello- Splinter Cell: ConViction.

Atty
June 13th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Actually et_cg we've been told that there is no stealth in SC:C, it's all about blending into crowds. There have been many previews and trailers about that and lots of discussion.

Warsaw
June 13th, 2007, 02:21 PM
And I have seen the trailers. I saw the written previews as well. It's all month-old news to me.

So far, it is looking so-so. This game is a make-or-break game for the Splinter Cell franchise.

Kornman00
June 13th, 2007, 03:29 PM
By the way, Fisher really needs the ability to use other people's weapons if he runs out of ammo. An AK-47 is not a stealthy gun but it can mean the difference between life and death.

You can :)

however, you are a little late finding this video :-3

Mr Buckshot
June 13th, 2007, 05:46 PM
I haven't got Double agent yet, but I saw that in the prison level, you can use a non-lethal shotgun and some screenshots even showed Fisher using a Desert Eagle.

But on missions where you get the SC-20K and 5.7mm pistol, are you allowed to pick up anything else?

Warsaw
June 13th, 2007, 06:22 PM
You don't get an SC-29K in Conviction. You get no special doodads at all.

Unless you were referring to Double Agent. Then, I can't really say.

Xegrot
June 13th, 2007, 08:13 PM
You don't get an SC-29K in Conviction. You get no special doodads at all.

Unless you were referring to Double Agent. Then, I can't really say.

It says in the Features section that you can make allies that will give you "high tech gadgets" to use. :rolleyes: I love me my gadgets. Splinter Cell wouldn't be Splinter Cell without them.

Warsaw
June 13th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Exactly. You don't get the gadgets, you earn them... :p

Kornman00
June 14th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Achievements :lmao: