PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Controller for teh PC

TeeKup
June 13th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Alright I have the capabilities to use a gamepad, said xbox controller, on my PC. Problem is I need the software. Does anyone know where I can buy the software disc or where I can download it?

Roostervier
June 13th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Are you talking about the original Xbox Controller? Go here: http://www.redcl0ud.com

Mr Buckshot
June 13th, 2007, 12:48 PM
XBCD is what I used when I had the USB adapter. Google it because I can't remember where I got it from, but PM me your email address if you can't find it because the files are still on my PC lol.

TeeKup
June 13th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Awesome guys. I'll re-open the thread if I have problems. :)

TeeKup
June 14th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Wow problems already.

I installed this so I could easily play Flight Sim 04. Now during the game my computer starts to freeze. I also notice that my E drive that has been dormant for the past year is also acting up, even though there is nothing in it. There is a direct relation to my computer acting all screwy and that of my E drive. It only did this AFTER I installed XBCD. Any suggestions. I ran 2 virus scan's with AVG and found nothing. :haw:

Pooky
June 14th, 2007, 12:48 PM
I would have just gotten a controller intended for PC that looks similar to an xbox controller, then you wouldn't be having these problems. And they have plenty of them.

Kalub
June 16th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Teeker did you happen to see if uninstalling the drivers and un-plugging your controller stops the hag of a E: drive? If it doesn't then post a reply.

Patrickssj6
June 16th, 2007, 09:24 AM
If YOU do everything CORRECTLY everything should be FINE just like mine.

Did you do that welding Xbox Controller to PC thing?

Make sure if you do that whole welding stuff etc that you ISOLATE everything especially if you have humid air around you. The contacts can't touch anything they have to be isolated (and not all tapes isolate).

Atty
June 16th, 2007, 09:45 AM
I would have just gotten a controller intended for PC that looks similar to an xbox controller, then you wouldn't be having these problems. And they have plenty of them.Afaik he's using the Xbox controller with the PC, not the 360. Both the 360 regular, wireless, and PC edition are all virtually the same. They'll all work.

Kalub
June 16th, 2007, 12:45 PM
If YOU do everything CORRECTLY everything should be FINE just like mine.

Did you do that welding Xbox Controller to PC thing?

Make sure if you do that whole welding stuff etc that you ISOLATE everything especially if you have humid air around you. The contacts can't touch anything they have to be isolated (and not all tapes isolate).

Call it hick but all I did was cut both the usb and the controller attachment, and stripped the wires and then electrical tape spliced them together. Hasn't failed me yet. :lol:

Patrickssj6
June 16th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Call it hick but all I did was cut both the usb and the controller attachment, and stripped the wires and then electrical tape spliced them together. Hasn't failed me yet. :lol:
I welded then taped biatch. :D

But it's important to use electrical tape and non conducting (did it wrong the first time...."USB Controller is using more power than the limit")

Pooky
June 16th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Shutup. He didn't ask what YOU would have gotten, he asked if anyone else was having problems, or how to fix it.

I wish I could just ignore your useless posts, but it won't let me =\

Afaik he's using the Xbox controller with the PC, not the 360. Both the 360 regular, wireless, and PC edition are all virtually the same. They'll all work.

what do you mean? I just got a PC controller that looks exactly like an xb360 controller and got the same experience

Kalub
June 17th, 2007, 04:35 AM
He didn't ask for that, so in all reality your post is the useless one. He wants to use a controller he made, not buy one so if you cant contribute by helping him with his problem then leave the thread.

Oh, and if you wish to ignore me and save yourself the hardships of looking like an Idiot, please click my user name and view my profile and then click on add to ignore list. Or if you are to incompetent to even do a simple task like that then just skip over my posts.

k?

Atty
June 17th, 2007, 08:00 AM
what do you mean? I just got a PC controller that looks exactly like an xb360 controller and got the same experienceWe are talking about an Xbox 1 controller. Unless I'm mistaken.

And weren't you banned? You should go back to that, it suits you.

Pooky
June 17th, 2007, 03:57 PM
That might be funny if I cared o.O

itszutak
June 17th, 2007, 04:37 PM

That was my strategy as well. <_<;

Mr Buckshot
June 17th, 2007, 04:40 PM
XBCD gives you problems? Funny...it worked exceptionally well on my computer, although I uninstalled it now that I have a real USB controller for the X360.

TeeKup
June 18th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Teeker did you happen to see if uninstalling the drivers and un-plugging your controller stops the hag of a E: drive? If it doesn't then post a reply.

I think it was uninstalled, I dont know.

Btw. All 3 of you don't you dare throw bullshit on this thread. Take your issues to the PM's

Mr Buckshot
June 18th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Try reinstalling XBCD. I doubt it's the issue because it's widely used for xbox 1 gamepads on USB ports.

off topic: does your USB adapter have DDR mat support? I was thinking of buying another Xbox 1 DDR (my old one was sold with my xbox long ago, plus it was crap quality anyway).

KennyownsU
June 18th, 2007, 11:44 PM
If you installed it, and haven't rebooted you computer, then do so now. It helps bunches! :)