PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Halo 3 Accessories

Atty
June 13th, 2007, 01:37 PM
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1353/1181755482.jpg
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1353/1181755481.jpg
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1353/1181755483.jpg

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1353/1181755581.jpg

Yesterday, we brought you the first images of three Halo 3 accesories that appeared on Gamestop records. Today, Microsoft officially announced the peripherals. Two new Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 3 Wireless Controllers will be available starting Sept. 18 and can be preordered today at select retailers.

Designed with original artwork by legendary Spawn artist Todd McFarlane, they will be available in either the Covenant Brute or Master Chief themes. Each controller will be packaged with a limited edition “Halo 3” collectible figurine created by McFarlane Toys will sell for an estimated retail price $59.99 (U.S.).

Additionally, Microsoft plans to release for an estimated retail price of $59.99 (U.S.). an Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 3 Wireless Headset that sports the Spartan green and gold. I would possibly get the Wireless headset only because I haven't picked one up yet (mainly because they've had so many problems) but I don't think I'd get the controllers.

thehoodedsmack
June 13th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Those don't look like marines in that Warthog... Hmm?

Warsaw
June 13th, 2007, 02:22 PM
I call the Spartan-themed controller... =Þ

I'll be buying the controller and the Limited Edition before I even have an XBOX 360... :lol:

Patrickssj6
June 13th, 2007, 02:23 PM
The last picture scares me.

EDIT: ooooooooohhhhhhhh it's a headset!

Atty
June 13th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Those don't look like marines in that Warthog... Hmm?Why would you put marines in a Spartan theme controller? It's just art, don't look too much into it. ;)

thehoodedsmack
June 13th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Why would you put marines in a Spartan theme controller? It's just art, don't look too much into it. ;)

Awww. I want to find a conspiracy...

klange
June 13th, 2007, 04:07 PM
The controllers are too colorful.
We're talking about a mature-rated game here, not some sissy game.
Controllers = Fail
Mic = Better

itszutak
June 13th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Hehe, the artwork looks like bionicle comics. xD

The rest looks good though. <_<

__Blaz0__
June 13th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Hehe, the artwork looks like bionicle comics. xD

The rest looks good though. <_<

Psh, scorn not the artwork of Todd McFarlane. ;) I'm sure it looks a bit weird as it's being wrapped around the curved surfaces. I may end up picking up a controller and an extra headset. I wonder if there will be any McFarlane artwork in the upcoming Marvel comics.

klange
June 13th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Don't get me wrong, the artwork is great, but it just don't belong on a controller.

Leiukemia
June 13th, 2007, 07:39 PM
cool stuff, if only I had a 360 to buy them for :(

Warsaw
June 13th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Hey, I am buying the stuff before I get a 360, just so I don't get left out of the loop. You could do the same. :)

Terry
June 13th, 2007, 11:04 PM
The controllers don't look that great in my opinion. The art just doesn't look good on it.

Also, that headset doesn't look so amazingly halo to me. And I've been hearing alot of bad things about them. :S

Meh. Lets see what else they bring.

Warsaw
June 13th, 2007, 11:44 PM
They keep insisting that green is the Halo color when grey-blue quite obviously suits it better...

__Blaz0__
June 14th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Also, that headset doesn't look so amazingly halo to me. And I've been hearing alot of bad things about them. :S

I have to be honest. I purchased my wireless headset a few weeks after they came out. When I first used, it sounded very tinny and scratchy. Not very good at all. Almost sounded like I was in a tin can. So needless to say after spending $60 on it, I was quite bummed out. A couple weeks ago, after lettting the thing sit around in the closet, I said wth, I will try it again. I'm not sure if they made some sort of firmware update or what, but I will not be going back to that wired headset again unless my charge runs out or the thing breaks. It has been great, no robotic voice, no problems whatsoever. In fact, the thing did run out of charge the other night as I wasn't paying attention, so I switched to the wired mic. That now sounded horrible and strange. I was completely shocked by that to be honest. So, no more wires for me. I am much happy with my $60 purchase. It's just as I originally invisioned it to be.

TIA Gangsta
June 14th, 2007, 10:22 AM
The controllers....are....fucking....awesome....

FUCK YOU MICROSOFT, ATLEAST SHOW THAT YOU KNOW EUROPE EXISTS!

Pooky
June 15th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Why no Elite themed controller? D:

fuck brutes

Boba
June 15th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Why no Elite themed controller? D:

fuck brutes

:highfive: fuck yeah dog

Even so I'm planning to pre-order the Brute controller and the headset. Which figurine comes with which controller?

Atty
June 16th, 2007, 09:46 AM
:highfive: fuck yeah dog

Even so I'm planning to pre-order the Brute controller and the headset. Which figurine comes with which controller?
Each controller will be packaged with a limited edition “Halo 3” collectible figurine created by McFarlane Toys will sell for an estimated retail price $59.99 (U.S.).

Pred1ator
June 19th, 2007, 07:58 PM
The last picture scares me.

EDIT: ooooooooohhhhhhhh it's a headset!

what did u originally think it was...be honest please, i am dying to know

Terry
June 20th, 2007, 08:22 AM
A "toy".

ImSpartacus
June 20th, 2007, 08:49 AM
dude, wth is with the brute version? it looks gay as hell.

i like the spartan version, but damn, can they resist making half of each controller dark blue? jesus, spartans are not from space.

i like the simplicity of the headset, why cant they do that with the controllers...

the figures look cool enough. i might pick up a spartan controller and a headset. i just got my box (monday) and i only have two controllers.

Elite Killa
June 20th, 2007, 10:52 AM
The Brute controller looks ugly to me. There should be one that shows someone charging a Spartan Laser and there would be text saying "IMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER!!!!!"

Just an opinion.

SnaFuBAR
June 20th, 2007, 02:43 PM
no that would be fucking gay.

Terry
June 20th, 2007, 03:48 PM
It honestly would look better than the brute controller anyway.

Veegie
June 20th, 2007, 05:42 PM
The Brute controller looks ugly to me. There should be one that shows someone charging a Spartan Laser and there would be text saying "IMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER!!!!!"

Just an opinion.
Dumb.

TeeKup
June 20th, 2007, 05:46 PM
I'll take the headset and the MC figure please. The controllers look ugly IMO, would have been better with elite's, possibly Halo Wars elites cause they look so damn awesome.

Boba
June 20th, 2007, 06:30 PM
A Olive Green w/ Black to match the Legendary helmet and the headset would be better in my opinion, but I like the artwork on the controllers.

Warsaw
June 21st, 2007, 07:39 PM
How about translucent blue controller with the center button having a Halo emblem instead of the XBOX one, and the light around it glows blue normally, and red when there is an error?

KennyownsU
June 21st, 2007, 07:43 PM
How about a wireless controller that looks like an assault rifle/battle rifle and it works like a wii-mote. [/sarcasm]

-£§- §age
June 30th, 2007, 11:33 PM
What a coincidence. My dog destroys my wireless headset, then I see an H3 themed one. How nice, especially for 60 bucks instead of 100.

Stealth
July 1st, 2007, 12:39 AM
heh, sounds like your dog can read your mind, that or knows something you don't.....

-£§- §age
July 1st, 2007, 02:13 PM
Idk, man. Maybe.

TIA Gangsta
July 2nd, 2007, 02:26 PM
FINALLY connected my 360 to the internet (after two weeks...), and the headset is pretty shit. Half the time I can barely make out what my teammates are saying...and the loud 5.1 surround sound system doesn't help things...but the headset in general is still unclear.

From what I've read, it seems the wireless headset has a lot better quality sound, so I'd like to pick one up...well if it wasn't for the typical M$ rip-off pricetag - especially the UK pricetags.

Veegie
July 2nd, 2007, 09:18 PM
Statistics show that people who substitute a money sign for a letter in an acronym fitted to represent a company with the same intention and mindset as any other tend to be morons the majority of the time. In this case, the majority is in favour.

TIA Gangsta
July 3rd, 2007, 10:30 AM
Statistics show that people who substitute a money sign for a letter in an acronym fitted to represent a company with the same intention and mindset as any other tend to be morons the majority of the time. In this case, the majority is in favour.

Actually I was just emphasising on the fact that Microsoft are money hungry...what's with the speech?

itszutak
July 10th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Actually I was just emphasising on the fact that Microsoft are money hungry...what's with the speech?
Uh. That's how all companies are.

Money=power, and power is good.

No successful company is willing to give up more money than it needs to; in fact, that is what separates the big corporations from the little businesses.

And that wasn't a speech. If you think a speech is just something with long words in... :fail: