PDA

View Full Version : Awesome fire and water physic simulations

Atty
June 14th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Here are some spectacular simulations of water and fire physics. (http://gameplanets.blogspot.com/2007/06/physics-simulations.html)

Limited
June 14th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Oooh purty (saw it yesterday)

Not all the liquid ones are really realistic and they act more like gel but the boat one is amazing.

jahrain
June 14th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Maya's fluid effects can do some similar stuff with the fire. As for liquid water effects like that shown, you need some external pluggins. Btw is this in real time hardware rendering? Or is it just pre-rendered?

klange
June 14th, 2007, 06:46 PM
That fire effect is actually quite bad. Fire acts in ways that are far different and sometimes completely contradict those of liquids.

However the water = 1337ness

Atty
June 14th, 2007, 06:46 PM
As far as we know it's all pre-rendered. I don't think it's real time although if it was I'd be very amazed.

Limited
June 14th, 2007, 06:52 PM
As far as we know it's all pre-rendered. I don't think it's real time although if it was I'd be very amazed.Uh yeah the boat one isnt pre rendered. Thats real time

Atty
June 14th, 2007, 06:53 PM
I didn't see anything to say they were real time. Any proof?

Limited
June 14th, 2007, 06:57 PM
I didn't see anything to say they were real time. Any proof?
For one, why would they show non real time? Pre-rendered has been out there for along time now.

Con
June 14th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Why? Because theres no way that those physics and lighting could be accomplished in real time.

Limited
June 14th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Why? Because theres no way that those physics and lighting could be accomplished in real time.
What? Your saying you cant render lighting and physics in real time? Uh yes you can...

dg
June 14th, 2007, 07:15 PM
They are simulations. Tens of thousands of calculations are needed to predict every particle movement. They are just showing what might be possible for real-time physics in the next generation games/applications.

Calm down.

~dg945~

Limited
June 14th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Have you never heard of Havok/Euphoria engine?

3bKphYfUk-M

Llama Juice
June 14th, 2007, 07:52 PM
now... that's neat.^^

dg
June 14th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Have you never heard of Havok/Euphoria engine?

I have heard of using Havok, but never Euphoria. Halo 2 uses Havok for it's own physics system. Also, in the demo shown there was no water or fire particle simulation at all.

~dg945~

ExAm
June 15th, 2007, 01:36 AM
That fire effect is actually quite bad. Fire acts in ways that are far different and sometimes completely contradict those of liquids.

However the water = 1337nessYou're kidding me. That was the best fire effect I've seen from a 3D modeling program. Ever. It's the fact that it's infinitely better than everything else that's amazing to me.

Leiukemia
June 15th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Euphoria thing looks pretty cool. But it could still use some work on the physics. I mean sure it's cool how it reacts to whatever situation without premade animations, just the physics weren't right yet. One thing though, I don't understand. What the heck makes these water and fire things? I just don't understand, like what it is, it can't be polygons. Also, for that euphoria thing. Wouldn't that stuff require an insane amount of polygons to be able to shatter/move in any way? Or maybe I just don't understand how it's done :/

Pooky
June 15th, 2007, 08:42 AM
lol, I love all the ignorant comments

ExAm
June 15th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Euphoria thing looks pretty cool. But it could still use some work on the physics. I mean sure it's cool how it reacts to whatever situation without premade animations, just the physics weren't right yet. One thing though, I don't understand. What the heck makes these water and fire things? I just don't understand, like what it is, it can't be polygons. Also, for that euphoria thing. Wouldn't that stuff require an insane amount of polygons to be able to shatter/move in any way? Or maybe I just don't understand how it's done :/Apparently it's particle effects for the water and fire, but extremely advanced.

Limited
June 15th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Euphoria thing looks pretty cool. But it could still use some work on the physics. I mean sure it's cool how it reacts to whatever situation without premade animations, just the physics weren't right yet. One thing though, I don't understand. What the heck makes these water and fire things? I just don't understand, like what it is, it can't be polygons. Also, for that euphoria thing. Wouldn't that stuff require an insane amount of polygons to be able to shatter/move in any way? Or maybe I just don't understand how it's done :/
This is just 1% of what Euphoria can do. Euphoria is going to be used in the GTA which will own like fuck. Full physics on pieces of trash, newspapers etc.

There are a crap load more Euphoria videos on youtube, search for them. They have great particle physics just the vid I showed you didnt show them.

Yes Euphoria uses a crap load of polys and does thousands of calculations a second, thats why its next gen / high end pc only really.

Ae3fgj2x1aI

Also, I dont think you understand what an engine does, a physics engine I mean.

ExAm
June 16th, 2007, 12:32 AM
^Nice. I was wondering when someone was going to make animations work like that.